The refusal of the police to run finger prints

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
back when I was working security in Nevada , one of the illegal immigrant lawn care guys flipped out and tried to break into a house and break into a car.

he tried to pull the car window down and his fingerprints were all over it.

The police had no interest what-so-ever of collecting the prints and running them.

-------------------

Recently some business owner had a truck stolen, (most likely by one of his illegal immigrant former workers) the truck was partially vandalized.

The owner claimed there were fingerprints all over the window. The police refused to run the prints. I guess he bothered them until they sent someone out.

The police told him it was HIS fingerprints they found on the truck. (they didn't run them)

--------------------

Back when I was in elementary school, LAPD showed up one day and told us they had to fingerprint everyone in case we get kidnapped.

Even as a little kid I was like "how the fk they gonna find us by having our fingerprints?"

I was in Christian school and they were all onboard, they told us PARTICIPATION is MANDATORY.

Still pisses me off to this day, they didn't care about kidnapping, they figured we were all going to be criminals when we got to jr. high, so they wanted everyone's prints in the database.

--------------------

The refusal of the police to run prints after crimes is just proof they are more interested on collecting info on everyone.

Technology will not reduce crime in our society, because the leaders aren't interested in that.

Police don't 'run' fingerprints, that is done by private labs and it comes at a price.

Police won't collect fingerprints from an unsecured crime scene because there is no chain of evidence and any defense attorney would rip it to shreds.

Police don't 'run' fingerprints, that is done by private labs and it comes at a price.

Police won't collect fingerprints from an unsecured crime scene because there is no chain of evidence and any defense attorney would rip it to shreds.
I think the police could order up the prints to be taken if thought it could lead to an arrest in a specific case that they deem appropriate for the action, but what happens is that they only use the option if it is a case that rises to the level in which they figure to be important enough to use said option on.. Most cases the police won't use the option or they are instructed not to because the cases will fall under insurance claims and/or cases that can be solved in that way for the victims of petty burgulary. I know it's frustrating because I thought that they should have used every resource available to solve a burgulary case we experienced once upon a time, but they sort of laughed and said no we don't do that in cases like this. They instructed us to turn it in on our homeowners insurance.

Forum List

Back