The Race of Caitlin Clark

Let her play the games and see what she can do.

That being said, if she runs her mouth, the other players in the league will gladly do everything they can to make her struggle.

They are going to do that anyways. They are many many jealous Blacks in that league. You can see it in the posters on this site. People may tune in to watch the Blacks try to hurt her? Fight her? Or run over her? Trash talk her before after games? #never forget Shamika Holdsclaw.

I wonder if she has higher ratings than the nba. I think she will, but when the novelty where’s off her ratings will tank.

According to Sports Media Watch:

Knicks/Pacers: 4.88 million
Wolves/Nuggets: 4.51 million
Clark game: 2.12 million

The Clark game did beat the NHL playoff game though (1.98 million).

I wonder if she has higher ratings than the nba. I think she will, but when the novelty where’s off her ratings will tank.
Higher than a random regular season game. Probably not higher than a PO game. The shine will wear off relatively quickly I imagine.

The really need to change women's basketball. Adjust the rule set so that it's a more interesting game because right now it's just a poor quality
According to Sports Media Watch:

Knicks/Pacers: 4.88 million
Wolves/Nuggets: 4.51 million
Clark game: 2.12 million

The Clark game did beat the NHL playoff game though (1.98 million).
its probably not reasonable to expect a regular season game to out perform a PO game.

Higher than a random regular season game. Probably not higher than a PO game. The shine will wear off relatively quickly I imagine.

The really need to change women's basketball. Adjust the rule set so that it's a more interesting game because right now it's just a poor quality

its probably not reasonable to expect a regular season game to out perform a PO game.
They already have different rules for the WNBA. The ball is smaller and I believe the 3 pt line is closer. Men’s basketball is exciting because the men are very athletic and very skilled. The women can’t compete with men in either category.

They already have different rules for the WNBA. The ball is smaller and I believe the 3 pt line is closer. Men’s basketball is exciting because the men are very athletic and very skilled. The women can’t compete with men in either category.
So what? Men can't compete with women in childbirth.

I’m not saying there’s anything wrong
The issue is to find strong, sustainable business models. Clark is part of that. I liked what I say in the game last night. The Fever has a long was to go. Clark has a learning curve that she is going to master very quickly.

Which is why it needs to change. Think baseball vs softball. Similar games but very different and interesting independently. Women will never be as athletic or explosive as men so the product on the floor will always be inferior. Either change or die because it will never be as interesting or even as close to the NBA. It’s doubtful that it ever turns a profit as it’s currently configured.

The issue is to find strong, sustainable business models. Clark is part of that. I liked what I say in the game last night. The Fever has a long was to go. Clark has a learning curve that she is going to master very quickly.

But why watch an inferior version of basketball? What’s the draw?

Forum List

Back