The Race of Caitlin Clark

If I were running the WNBA
You could put together a team of 10, with you and your Favorite HS Male members, and I'm guessing you believe your team of 10 HS BB Players could beat a WNBA team.

Yes or No.

You could put together a team of 10, with you and your Favorite HS Male members, and I'm guessing you believe your team of 10 HS BB Players could beat a WNBA team.

Yes or No.
100% it would. It would fucking destroy the best WNBA team.

Yes or No.
Do you think the women would win?

Many Americans of black African ancestry are...well...pissed that Caitlin Clark is getting so much attention, and possibly even more so by her being showered with endorsement money to a level that no Black female BB player has ever even dreamed of. And in all candor, Caitlin Clark is not that great a BB player and unless the defenses decide for financial reasons not to cover her very tightly, she will become nothing more than a fair-to-middling player in the WNBA, regardless of how many "white" sisters come out to see her play.

The linked article compares her to Larry Bird, but a better comparison would be to Pete Maravich, whose college scoring record she is rumored to have broken. Pete Maravich came into the NBA as an untried rookie who most observers thought would not even be a standout (they were wrong, of course). Maravich's first rookie contract gave him more than three times the salary of Atlanta's established star and leader, "Sweet Lou" Hudson. Do ya think the Black stars in the NBA were pissed about that?

But is it racism or capitalism that these examples display? [Ignore for a moment the fact that 90% of Clark's money will be from outside sources, and not her WNBA salary]. Both Maravich and Clark will put butts in the seats and millions of viewers on the Boob Tube. Only generational Black talents like Wilt, MJ, and LeBron can have a similar effect, regardless of how worthy other Black stars are. And like it or not, the vast, vast, vast majority of those butts and viewers will be "white."

At whom should the pissed off players be angry? The Atlanta Hawks management? The NBA? Nike? The World?

IM2, please feel free to weigh in.

Her race only matters to people like yourself, you need something to bitch about.

Forum List

Back