The President Who Would Be King Changes The Law

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
This is a pretty good example of why Obama wants to control the internets: Average Americans can see him Gruberize and out himself as a Lying Liar Who Lies.

He's publicly admitted (bragged) that he Changed The Law regarding immigration.

Isn’t this an admission against interest? Barack Obama has spent the past several days insisting that his changes in enforcement of immigration law and regulation is entirely constitutional, since it doesn’t actually change or conflict with statute. It only took a heckler in a crowd last night to get Obama to brag that he “changed the law” — a process which the supposed Constitutional law scholar would know is impossible without Congress:

“Don’t just start yelling, young ladies,” Obama said as multiple women stood up to demand that Obama stop deporting people.

“I let you holler,” he said as they continued shouting. “You’ve got to listen to me too.”

Obama said that the protesters were right about a lot of illegal immigrants getting deported but that he was acting to change it.

“What you’re not paying attention to is the fact that I just took an action to change the law,” Obama said.

Just to be clear, executive action — whether through formal EOs or other kinds of directives — cannot “change the law.” They can only act as guidelines on how to act within the law. Any change to statute has to originate in Congress through passage of a bill, and then signed by the President to take effect. This, in fact, is exactly what Republicans have accused Obama of attempting — a change in statute by executive edict, a move that would be unconstitutional and illegitimate. Anyone who has passed a high-school civics class understands that process and that restriction on power.

Nor did this appear to be a simple case of pulling the wrong word. The once-celebrated constitutional scholar actually made the case twice that he had changed the law in response to the heckling. The Hill captured Obama’s continued argument, emphases mine:

You have been deporting families,” a heckler yelled. The president urged the demonstrator to stop shouting before he fired back.

“What you’re not paying attention to is the fact that I just took an action to change the law, so that’s point No. 1,” Obama said, his words echoing to 1,000 attendees. “Point No. 2, the way the change in the law works is that we’re reprioritizing how we enforce our immigration laws generally.”

So yes, Obama thinks he’s changed the law, which is something EOs and executive actions cannot legally do....

Obama 8220 I just took an action to change the law 8221 Hot Air

This is a pretty good example of why Obama wants to control the internets: Average Americans can see him Gruberize and out himself as a Lying Liar Who Lies.

Isn’t this an admission against interest? Barack Obama has spent the past several days insisting that his changes in enforcement of immigration law and regulation is entirely constitutional, since it doesn’t actually change or conflict with statute. It only took a heckler in a crowd last night to get Obama to brag that he “changed the law” — a process which the supposed Constitutional law scholar would know is impossible without Congress:

“Don’t just start yelling, young ladies,” Obama said as multiple women stood up to demand that Obama stop deporting people.

“I let you holler,” he said as they continued shouting. “You’ve got to listen to me too.”

Obama said that the protesters were right about a lot of illegal immigrants getting deported but that he was acting to change it.

“What you’re not paying attention to is the fact that I just took an action to change the law,” Obama said.

Just to be clear, executive action — whether through formal EOs or other kinds of directives — cannot “change the law.” They can only act as guidelines on how to act within the law. Any change to statute has to originate in Congress through passage of a bill, and then signed by the President to take effect. This, in fact, is exactly what Republicans have accused Obama of attempting — a change in statute by executive edict, a move that would be unconstitutional and illegitimate. Anyone who has passed a high-school civics class understands that process and that restriction on power.

Nor did this appear to be a simple case of pulling the wrong word. The once-celebrated constitutional scholar actually made the case twice that he had changed the law in response to the heckling. The Hill captured Obama’s continued argument, emphases mine:

You have been deporting families,” a heckler yelled. The president urged the demonstrator to stop shouting before he fired back.

“What you’re not paying attention to is the fact that I just took an action to change the law, so that’s point No. 1,” Obama said, his words echoing to 1,000 attendees. “Point No. 2, the way the change in the law works is that we’re reprioritizing how we enforce our immigration laws generally.”

So yes, Obama thinks he’s changed the law, which is something EOs and executive actions cannot legally do....

I don't suppose Republicans who give away American landowners hard earned land to another country counts as being KING does it.

I call that TRAITOR SOB's.

I don't suppose Republicans who give away American landowners hard earned land to another country counts as being KING does it.

More far left propaganda based on the far left programmed narrative not based in reality..

If you feel that strongly about property rights, you should be horrified at tax-based redistribution!

More far left propaganda based on the far left programmed narrative not based in reality..

you're an idiot, soooooo

you're an idiot, soooooo

You're projecting again, hun. Get some ObamaCare! It's there to help you....after you've paid your $5,000 deductible!

If you feel that strongly about property rights, you should be horrified at tax-based redistribution!

if you had any idea how much property tax I've paid in my life YOU would be horrified, and dead ass broke. Some asswipe giving away the property I've paid tax on should be illegal ... obviously you don't give a shit because you've never paid property tax, you just bitch about it.

We are in the here an now. The here and now effects you more than the past has. But what ever you're deflecting about it doesn't matter we cannot continue to allow a president to have this much power and think he can get away with it.

We are in the here an now. The here and now effects you more than the past has. But what ever you're deflecting about it doesn't matter we cannot continue to allow a president to have this much power and think he can get away with it.

the POTUS isn't giving away American property to asshat Frenchmen. If it was YOU who had to give up your property after you and/or your family had paid tax on the property for decades all of your here and now horseshit would be dancing to another tune. .. don't blame Obama, he's trying to stop traitors like you from being French loving traitors at American expense.

if you had any idea how much property tax I've paid in my life YOU would be horrified, and dead ass broke. Some asswipe giving away the property I've paid tax on should be illegal ... obviously you don't give a shit because you've never paid property tax, you just bitch about it.

I don't discuss my personal finances on public message boards. It's tacky.

the POTUS isn't giving away American property to asshat Frenchmen. If it was YOU who had to give up your property after you and/or your family had paid tax on the property for decades all of your here and now horseshit would be dancing to another tune. .. don't blame Obama, he's trying to stop traitors like you from being French loving traitors at American expense.
What are you burping about? Do you think obama should change laws at his wish?

nor I ... BTW, the city is planning on making your street a 4 lane highway and they need the room ... the house you've been living in for the last 15 years, and the property tax you paid the city are ALL gone, and were for nothing. You and all your neighbors have 30 days to leave. Good luck!

Last edited:

nor I ... BTW, the city is planning on making you street a 4 lane highway and they need the room ... the house you've been living in for the last 15 years, and the property tax you paid the city are ALL gone, and were for nothing. You and all your neighbors have 30 days to leave. Good luck!

Is English your second language, or are you just a dumbfuck illiterate?

If you think I support Eminent Domain that forces people out of their homes for local pork projects, you are sorely mistaken.

Last edited:

In which case why aren't you impeaching him?

I'm not a member of Congress.

Obama is impeachment proof by virtue of his race. He also just did admit that he changed a law and he is not empowered to change any law. Kind of a Perry Mason moment without Perry Mason.

Obama is impeachment proof by virtue of his race. He also just did admit that he changed a law and he is not empowered to change any law. Kind of a Perry Mason moment without Perry Mason.

Obama pulled a Gruber.

Obama pulled a Gruber.
obama has been pulling a Gruber since before 2008.

Nothing stopping you from lobbying them to impeach him.

Nothing stopping you from lobbying them to impeach him.

Well, my Rep is Barbara Lee, so good luck with that.

Forum List

Back