In Exchange With Heckler, Obama Admits Executive Amnesty Is Illegal; Says "I Just Changed The Law"

Yes he cannot change th law. He can change how it's implemented but that isnt the same thing.
It shows what he thinks he did and can do. Scary.

10686899_975035949177867_2096798818101858690_n.jpg

two idiots ^
You are certainly enough idiot to be two, I agree.

Now, on the OP: did Obama say he changed the law?
Is the president allowed to change laws?

The Constitution, Executive Powers.

how many times do I have to tell EVERY IDIOT on this board THAT ????

DAMN RW's are DUMB DUMB and getting DUMBER.

two idiots ^

So then "executive powers" give the president legislative powers? Are there any limits to "executive powers"?

two idiots ^

So then "executive powers" give the president legislative powers? Are there any limits to "executive powers"?

executive power: an overview
In its first three articles, the U.S. Constitution outlines the branches of the U.S. Government, the powers that they contain and the limitations to which they must adhere. Article II outlines the duties of the Executive Branch.
The President of the United States is elected to a four-year term by electors from every state and the District of Columbia. The electors make up the Electoral College, which is comprised of 538 electors, equal to the number of Representatives and Senators that currently make up Congress. The citizens of each state vote for slates of electors who then vote for the president on the prescribed day, selected by Congress.
In order to become president, a person must be a natural born citizen of the United States. Naturalized citizens are ineligible, as are persons under the age of 35. In the case that the president should be unable to perform his duties, be it by death or illness, the vice-president becomes the president. Amendment XXII placed a two-term limit on the presidential office.
The president:
  • is the Commander in Chief of the armed forces. He or she has the power to call into service the state units of the National Guard, and in times of emergency may be given the power by Congress to manage national security or the economy.
  • has the power make treaties with Senate approval. He or she can also receive ambassadors and work with leaders of other nations.
  • is responsible for nominating the heads of governmental departments, which the Senate must then approve. In addition, the president nominates judges to federal courts and justices to the United States Supreme Court.
  • can issue executive orders, which have the force of law but do not have to be approved by congress.
  • can issue pardons for federal offenses.
  • can convene Congress for special sessions.
  • can veto legislation approved by Congress. However, the veto is limited. It is not a line-item veto, meaning that he or she cannot veto only specific parts of legislation, and it can be overridden by a two-thirds vote by Congress.
  • delivers a State of the Union address annually to a joint session of Congress

write this down and quit asking questions

executive power: an overview
In its first three articles, the U.S. Constitution outlines the branches of the U.S. Government, the powers that they contain and the limitations to which they must adhere. Article II outlines the duties of the Executive Branch.
The President of the United States is elected to a four-year term by electors from every state and the District of Columbia. The electors make up the Electoral College, which is comprised of 538 electors, equal to the number of Representatives and Senators that currently make up Congress. The citizens of each state vote for slates of electors who then vote for the president on the prescribed day, selected by Congress.
In order to become president, a person must be a natural born citizen of the United States. Naturalized citizens are ineligible, as are persons under the age of 35. In the case that the president should be unable to perform his duties, be it by death or illness, the vice-president becomes the president. Amendment XXII placed a two-term limit on the presidential office.
The president:
  • is the Commander in Chief of the armed forces. He or she has the power to call into service the state units of the National Guard, and in times of emergency may be given the power by Congress to manage national security or the economy.
  • has the power make treaties with Senate approval. He or she can also receive ambassadors and work with leaders of other nations.
  • is responsible for nominating the heads of governmental departments, which the Senate must then approve. In addition, the president nominates judges to federal courts and justices to the United States Supreme Court.
  • can issue executive orders, which have the force of law but do not have to be approved by congress.
  • can issue pardons for federal offenses.
  • can convene Congress for special sessions.
  • can veto legislation approved by Congress. However, the veto is limited. It is not a line-item veto, meaning that he or she cannot veto only specific parts of legislation, and it can be overridden by a two-thirds vote by Congress.
  • delivers a State of the Union address annually to a joint session of Congress

I posted it twice ON PURPOSE so maybe it will soak in.

3rd time !

as stated by THE CONSTITUTION :

can issue executive orders, which have the force of law but do not have to be approved by congress.

Post it alll you want, Steve.

You are wrong.

Pres just stated what he did was legal.

Post it 10 more times, it doesn't answer the questions I asked.

yes I DOES ... you're just to thick skulled to understand Executive Orders ... aka Legislating a law.

durrrrrrrrrrrrrr

can issue executive orders, which have the force of law but do not have to be approved by congress.

if that isn't legislation you tell me what is.

yes I DOES ... you're just to thick skulled to understand Executive Orders ... aka Legislating a law.

durrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So now you're admitting you believe that executive orders are the same as legislating a law (aka).

Go read the U.S. Constitution and we'll touch on this subject again.

You are wrong.

You can keep your healthcare...Period....

durrrrrrrrrrrrrr

And what happens if the legislative branch refuses to agree with it...what is the consequences, if any. I see Congress can refuse to fund any of the POTUS E.O.'s and he can't do shit about it...is that your understanding, or can you find a LAW and penalty for that?

You are wrong.

You can keep your healthcare...Period....

durrrrrrrrrrrrrr

And what happens if the legislative branch refuses to agree with it...what is the consequences, if any. I see Congress can refuse to fund any of the POTUS E.O.'s and he can't do shit about it...is that your understanding, or can you find a LAW and penalty for that?

This EO is untouchable.

The funding is self financing and can't be touched by Congress.

The element of protecting the border is executive.

Forum List

Back