“The president is throwing this nation into a crisis and we have an obligation to do our duty"

But one must also remember...a secure border is trillions of dollars and 10 years away, at full speed.

Source?
Proof?
Where do these random numbers come from?

We have entire divisions of military combat engineers who could easily accomplish building a fence/wall.
Sure....I'll provide "source" and "proof", as soon as you provide "source" and "proof" that entire divisions of military combat engineers who could easily accomplish building a fence/wall.

First you have to eastablish how many years it would take, and how much that would cost. The military doesn't work for free.

What are you trying to deny now?...that we have combat engineers or are you saying they get paid by the hour?..or that they can't build fences and walls?..what is the point of your diversions?

Here's how it works; The military gets paid by taxpayers. The military does what the president tells them to do. Combat engineers can build fences and walls...
Hey...if you think it's that simple...why is nobody on the right proposing that?

Have you noticed the GOP will not put forth an immigration proposal?

An immigration bill complete with the military building the secure border, and not including amnesty...would be a mighty fine thing to create...right?

Why aren't they?

Yup, Obama can take legal executive action on his own, or do nothing together with the Republicans.

But one must also remember...a secure border is trillions of dollars and 10 years away, at full speed.

Source?
Proof?
Where do these random numbers come from?

We have entire divisions of military combat engineers who could easily accomplish building a fence/wall.
Sure....I'll provide "source" and "proof", as soon as you provide "source" and "proof" that entire divisions of military combat engineers who could easily accomplish building a fence/wall.

First you have to eastablish how many years it would take, and how much that would cost. The military doesn't work for free.

What are you trying to deny now?...that we have combat engineers or are you saying they get paid by the hour?..or that they can't build fences and walls?..what is the point of your diversions?

Here's how it works; The military gets paid by taxpayers. The military does what the president tells them to do. Combat engineers can build fences and walls...
Hey...if you think it's that simple...why is nobody on the right proposing that?

Have you noticed the GOP will not put forth an immigration proposal?

An immigration bill complete with the military building the secure border, and not including amnesty...would be a mighty fine thing to create...right?

Why aren't they?

Yup, Obama can take legal executive action on his own, or do nothing together with the Republicans.

I'd like an EO closing and enforcing the border immediately...Why won't he do that?

Obama is doing nothing but dividing this country even further. Dimocrats just don't give a fuck.
Sorry butt munch but the only ones dividing this country are the Republicans and detrimental decision made by the renegade body known as the USSC!

CNN a news network, Really. it was once but now all it is, is dimwitted entertainment.

It might be time to ask the question ....
Is Obama insane?

How many times did he say if you like your plan,doctor you can keep them? Then we find out he lied.
How many times did he say he can't do what he will announce tonight he will in fact do.He lies again.

Did he not remember he said these things only to do the opposite.

I really think he's not all there.

28aqc13.jpg

Be honest, which ass did you notice first?

Why you....and of course your drivel.

It might be time to ask the question ....
Is Obama insane?

How many times did he say if you like your plan,doctor you can keep them? Then we find out he lied.
How many times did he say he can't do what he will announce tonight he will in fact do.He lies again.

Did he not remember he said these things only to do the opposite.

I really think he's not all there.

Hmmmm, all I can think of is "Saddam has weapons of mass destruction".

We might not like the way Obama is going about extending protection to some illegal immigrants, but the GOP has allowed no other option. They have obstructed and obstructed and obstructed doing what 79% of Americans want done.

It's time for the American people to realize who is really ignoring their will.

What Americans Want From Immigration Reform in 2014

At present, 62% of Americans favor providing a way for immigrants who are currently living in the United States illegally to become citizens provided they meet certain requirements, while 17% support allowing them to become permanent legal residents but not citizens, and roughly 1-in-5 (19%) favor a policy that would identify and deport all immigrants living in the United States illegally.

79% support citizenship or legal status. 19 percent want deportation.

Is the GOP going to be stupid enough to side with the 19 percent? Are they going to spit in the faces of 79% of America?

Suicide cult decision time.

The vast majority of Americans want illegals to be provided a path to citizenship or legal status. Republicans are going against four out of five people, including those within their own ranks.

Republicans can keep bowing and scraping to the extremist elements and pay the price, or they can wise up and fly straight.

Obama is going to extend protection to those people he believes that immigration reform will ultimately provide a path to citizenship or legal status. He is not granting amnesty. This needs to be understood clearly. He is not granting amnesty.

Obama is simply choosing not to kick out those people that 79% of Americans believe ought to have a shot at citizenship or legal status.

It is as simple as that.

Congress could have easily already achieved this, but the GOP has been bowing and scraping to the extremist elements instead. And that is how we have arrived at this crossroads. The GOP and its subservience to bigots has brought us here. They thought they could get away with playing hardball and that Obama would cave.

Surprise! He can play hardball, too.

Now the Republicans need to wise up and listen to the 79% of Americans who want these people to have a path to citizenship or legal status. Or the GOP can continue on as a suicide cult and fellate the bigots and pay the price in 2016.

The ball is in their court.

I dares ya!
I'd like to see them at least seriously discuss it.
Why, ignoring it helps their rich constituency continue to hire them with tax breaks, low wages, no benefits and immediate disposal when finished...
Good point. The Republican establishment is probably finally exhaling a sigh of relief. Secretly, they don't really give a shit. When Bush was in office, they had a chance to do something, they intentionally did nothing.

Their big corporate interests needed that cheap labor, that is why they did nothing. That is why they will do nothing now but posture, talk tough and do nothing. They are glad this leftist stooge is going to take the fall, it is good for them, they can point the finger of blame and use it to their advantage to tell ignorant bigots that can't find a job that Democrats are to blame when the 2016 presidential elections come around. When in truth, they didn't want anything different done since their corporate big wigs wanted a massive pool of uneducated labor to keep labor costs down.

Bullshit. Public opinion was against it.

I really wonder if you know what the purpose of Congress is in a Republic.

Well John Boner sure proved that he didn't when he had to look down at his piece of paper for the word 'govern'.

Poor Obama got his ass spanked in the election now he's throwing a temper tantrum like the 2 year old whining baby that he is. Let the stupid fool flail about and destroy the Democratic party, in 2 years the idiot is out of a job and we'll undo this crap.

Well lets see, the GOP lost a presidential election 6 years ago and they've been throwing one tantrum after another ever since.

Instead of doing the will of the people, the Republicans are reverting to type and whining. And they are being surly about it, like a five year old holding their breath until they get their way.

Man up, Republicans. It's time to eat your vegetables and do what 79 percent of America is telling you to do. Pass immigration reform that provides a path to citizenship or legal status for these people.

This is a rogue president, and impeachment has got to be put on the table and seriously considered.

Republicans outraged by Obama's plan

Republicans on Capitol Hill began to lash out at President Obama Wednesday after he announced plans to unveil executive actions on immigration in a primetime address Thursday evening.

“The president is throwing this nation into a crisis and we have an obligation to do our duty, here, and in the Senate,” Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) told reporters.

Obama purposely timed the announcement, King said, to coincide with lawmakers leaving Washington Thursday for Thanksgiving recess. King said he’s staying behind in Washington to deal with the issue.
“I decided in an instant, I’m staying,” he said.

King laid out three steps the House could take to respond to Obama, including a resolution of rejection, censuring Obama and defunding the order to prevent its implementation. He stopped short of supporting impeachment.

“I don’t want to go down that path. We have lived through that and it put the nation through a lot of trauma,” he added.
Some Republicans expressed frustration that Obama invited only Senate and House Democrats to dinner Wednesday evening to huddle before the announcement.

Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.) said the fact that Republicans were not invited signals that Obama is creating “the beginning of a political campaign” that provokes “partisan warfare” and not a bipartisan agreement.

“Why would you do this on the eve of Thanksgiving, going into holidays, unless you want to create a political fight?" Cole asked. "I mean I’m mystified by the political calculus."
Republicans should have been included in Wednesday’s dinner, said Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.).

“I think that’s endemic of how the president has run his office,” she said. “He has been unwilling to reach out to Republicans.”
Bachmann called Obama “cynical” for issuing the order after the midterm elections when so many Democrats faced tight reelection races.

“He chose not to do this before the election because he knew his party would take an absolute drubbing at the polls,” she said. “In all likelihood, Scott Brown would have won his race in New Hampshire. In all likelihood, that would have caused Ed Gillespie to win in Virginia.”

Bachmann and King both support the push to defund Obama’s immigration action through legislation that’s separate from a main government spending bill to avert a full government shutdown.
While Rep. Steve Stivers (R-Ohio) said he’s “bothered when somebody tries to pass laws through executive actions,” he said it’s not worth another government shutdown.

Republicans outraged by Obama s plan TheHill

The President is doing the business of his supporters and not the Business of those that voted against him.

See..you described the problem very well....The president is elected to follow the law of the land and act for the overall good of the AMERICAN people..Not to act independently to enforce or ignore laws he chooses....He's trusted to act for all the people...NOT just his supporters.
That's why he is, and has been, so despised.

americans want the border closed and americans don't want any "reform" that includes "amnesty".
obama disagrees...so he'll show US who's the boss....petty, evil and malignant

You act like no other president took executive actions. You and your ilk is nothing more or less than a bigoted bunch of cry babies, keep it up it's sure to win you friends. I can hardly wait for the next election when were knee deep in war and recession.

The President is doing the business of his supporters and not the Business of those that voted against him. So when beating the Impeachment War Drum just remember how well that went for the GOP when Clinton was President and do not cry when the GOP is booted again.

The GOP was elected to get something done and if Impeachment is their only agenda then they have failed the voter once again!

Please refrain from voting until you go back to school to learn who makes the laws and who executes the laws. Maybe you skipped school that day to get stoned and cruise the mall I don't know.
a good reason for a literacy/basic civics test prior to being allowed to vote.
I agree 100%, every goddam politician in this country needs to be literacy and drug tested.

I dares ya!
I'd like to see them at least seriously discuss it.
Why, ignoring it helps their rich constituency continue to hire them with tax breaks, low wages, no benefits and immediate disposal when finished...
Good point. The Republican establishment is probably finally exhaling a sigh of relief. Secretly, they don't really give a shit. When Bush was in office, they had a chance to do something, they intentionally did nothing.

Their big corporate interests needed that cheap labor, that is why they did nothing. That is why they will do nothing now but posture, talk tough and do nothing. They are glad this leftist stooge is going to take the fall, it is good for them, they can point the finger of blame and use it to their advantage to tell ignorant bigots that can't find a job that Democrats are to blame when the 2016 presidential elections come around. When in truth, they didn't want anything different done since their corporate big wigs wanted a massive pool of uneducated labor to keep labor costs down.

Bullshit. Public opinion was against it.

I really wonder if you know what the purpose of Congress is in a Republic.

Well John Boner sure proved that he didn't when he had to look down at his piece of paper for the word 'govern'.

JB has a weird delivery. He places 'A' in front of words that don't need them.

"A the president is playing with fire........a if he tries this......a we feel that it poisons the well.....a and it will only create... a a hostile environment in Washington...."
A he has the a right to read his statements a from a notes if he a friggen wants to BTW.

The will of the American people:

At present, 62% of Americans favor providing a way for immigrants who are currently living in the United States illegally to become citizens provided they meet certain requirements, while 17% support allowing them to become permanent legal residents

The Republican response:

bi80le.jpg

You've got your blinders on.

Only 17% want to give them permanent status. 100% of Democrats want this BTW. Permanent status means citizenship, thus the right to vote.

The will of the American people:

At present, 62% of Americans favor providing a way for immigrants who are currently living in the United States illegally to become citizens provided they meet certain requirements, while 17% support allowing them to become permanent legal residents

The Republican response:

bi80le.jpg

You've got your blinders on.

Only 17% want to give them permanent status. 100% of Democrats want this BTW.

Permanent status means citizenship, thus the right to vote.[/QUOTE]
Reading comprehension fail. 62 percent want to provide a path to citizenship. An ADDITIONAL 17 percent believe they should receive legal status.

A combined total of 79% of American believe illegal immigrants should receive citizenship or some other legal status.

Permanent status means citizenship, thus the right to vote.

Nope. Wrong.

Legal status can be a visa or work permit. Not citizenship.

The TP continues to rage helplessly.

The GOP leadership has made it quite clear there will be no government shutdown and no impeachment.

How many times are we going to go through this.
We let people into this country illegally.
Then we have do deal with it.
We give them amnesty.
Then we let more in and they stay and then have to deal with it again.....

On and on it goes....
Why can't we secure the border,and enforce the laws on the books?

Now we call it a broken immigration system.
We let people come here and stay and it's our system that's broken.
Because we allow it.

This is a rogue president, and impeachment has got to be put on the table and seriously considered.

Republicans outraged by Obama's plan

Republicans on Capitol Hill began to lash out at President Obama Wednesday after he announced plans to unveil executive actions on immigration in a primetime address Thursday evening.

“The president is throwing this nation into a crisis and we have an obligation to do our duty, here, and in the Senate,” Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) told reporters.

Obama purposely timed the announcement, King said, to coincide with lawmakers leaving Washington Thursday for Thanksgiving recess. King said he’s staying behind in Washington to deal with the issue.
“I decided in an instant, I’m staying,” he said.

King laid out three steps the House could take to respond to Obama, including a resolution of rejection, censuring Obama and defunding the order to prevent its implementation. He stopped short of supporting impeachment.

“I don’t want to go down that path. We have lived through that and it put the nation through a lot of trauma,” he added.
Some Republicans expressed frustration that Obama invited only Senate and House Democrats to dinner Wednesday evening to huddle before the announcement.

Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.) said the fact that Republicans were not invited signals that Obama is creating “the beginning of a political campaign” that provokes “partisan warfare” and not a bipartisan agreement.

“Why would you do this on the eve of Thanksgiving, going into holidays, unless you want to create a political fight?" Cole asked. "I mean I’m mystified by the political calculus."
Republicans should have been included in Wednesday’s dinner, said Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.).

“I think that’s endemic of how the president has run his office,” she said. “He has been unwilling to reach out to Republicans.”
Bachmann called Obama “cynical” for issuing the order after the midterm elections when so many Democrats faced tight reelection races.

“He chose not to do this before the election because he knew his party would take an absolute drubbing at the polls,” she said. “In all likelihood, Scott Brown would have won his race in New Hampshire. In all likelihood, that would have caused Ed Gillespie to win in Virginia.”

Bachmann and King both support the push to defund Obama’s immigration action through legislation that’s separate from a main government spending bill to avert a full government shutdown.
While Rep. Steve Stivers (R-Ohio) said he’s “bothered when somebody tries to pass laws through executive actions,” he said it’s not worth another government shutdown.

Republicans outraged by Obama s plan TheHill

The President is doing the business of his supporters and not the Business of those that voted against him.

See..you described the problem very well....The president is elected to follow the law of the land and act for the overall good of the AMERICAN people..Not to act independently to enforce or ignore laws he chooses....He's trusted to act for all the people...NOT just his supporters.
That's why he is, and has been, so despised.

americans want the border closed and americans don't want any "reform" that includes "amnesty".
obama disagrees...so he'll show US who's the boss....petty, evil and malignant

You act like no other president took executive actions.
I'm not "acting like" anything. Why do you try to mischaracterize?

You and your ilk is nothing more or less than a bigoted bunch of cry babies,
For wanting the border closed and the immigration laws of the country enforced? That makes us "bigoted crybabies"?

Sure, scooter..whatever you say..

keep it up it's sure to win you friends.

I'm not interested in "winning friends". Wherever did you come up with that crazy idea?
I'm interested in closing and enforcing the border and allowing no amnesty for illegals already here.

I can hardly wait for the next election when were knee deep in war and recession.

Are you saying that by 2016 elections obama will have us in ANOTHER war and a recession, too?

...Then for goodness sakes, why do you like him so much?

Forum List

Back