“The president is throwing this nation into a crisis and we have an obligation to do our duty"

I'd like to see them at least seriously discuss it.
Why, ignoring it helps their rich constituency continue to hire them with tax breaks, low wages, no benefits and immediate disposal when finished...
Good point. The Republican establishment is probably finally exhaling a sigh of relief. Secretly, they don't really give a shit. When Bush was in office, they had a chance to do something, they intentionally did nothing.

Their big corporate interests needed that cheap labor, that is why they did nothing. That is why they will do nothing now but posture, talk tough and do nothing. They are glad this leftist stooge is going to take the fall, it is good for them, they can point the finger of blame and use it to their advantage to tell ignorant bigots that can't find a job that Democrats are to blame when the 2016 presidential elections come around. When in truth, they didn't want anything different done since their corporate big wigs wanted a massive pool of uneducated labor to keep labor costs down.

Bullshit. Public opinion was against it.

I really wonder if you know what the purpose of Congress is in a Republic.
philosophy, meet reality...

Voters only THINK they are freely choosing their candidates silly. The contributions from businesses and corporations are what make campaigns possible silly. It is those donations that make possible the signs, the radio ads, the TV ads. Likewise, the pollsters and the opinion makers also receive a hefty payday from many of these same corporate foundations.

Snarky comments really are your forte, aren't they?

Is critical thinking something you can't, won't, or are just unable to do?
When it is warranted....andI was not retorting to you, just the fantasy of what a republic does(philosophy) versus representatives that do as they are told and it is not in the interest of the common voter...(reality)

This is a rogue president, and impeachment has got to be put on the table and seriously considered.

Republicans outraged by Obama's plan

Republicans on Capitol Hill began to lash out at President Obama Wednesday after he announced plans to unveil executive actions on immigration in a primetime address Thursday evening.

“The president is throwing this nation into a crisis and we have an obligation to do our duty, here, and in the Senate,” Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) told reporters.

Obama purposely timed the announcement, King said, to coincide with lawmakers leaving Washington Thursday for Thanksgiving recess. King said he’s staying behind in Washington to deal with the issue.
“I decided in an instant, I’m staying,” he said.

King laid out three steps the House could take to respond to Obama, including a resolution of rejection, censuring Obama and defunding the order to prevent its implementation. He stopped short of supporting impeachment.

“I don’t want to go down that path. We have lived through that and it put the nation through a lot of trauma,” he added.
Some Republicans expressed frustration that Obama invited only Senate and House Democrats to dinner Wednesday evening to huddle before the announcement.

Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.) said the fact that Republicans were not invited signals that Obama is creating “the beginning of a political campaign” that provokes “partisan warfare” and not a bipartisan agreement.

“Why would you do this on the eve of Thanksgiving, going into holidays, unless you want to create a political fight?" Cole asked. "I mean I’m mystified by the political calculus."
Republicans should have been included in Wednesday’s dinner, said Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.).

“I think that’s endemic of how the president has run his office,” she said. “He has been unwilling to reach out to Republicans.”
Bachmann called Obama “cynical” for issuing the order after the midterm elections when so many Democrats faced tight reelection races.

“He chose not to do this before the election because he knew his party would take an absolute drubbing at the polls,” she said. “In all likelihood, Scott Brown would have won his race in New Hampshire. In all likelihood, that would have caused Ed Gillespie to win in Virginia.”

Bachmann and King both support the push to defund Obama’s immigration action through legislation that’s separate from a main government spending bill to avert a full government shutdown.
While Rep. Steve Stivers (R-Ohio) said he’s “bothered when somebody tries to pass laws through executive actions,” he said it’s not worth another government shutdown.

Republicans outraged by Obama s plan TheHill

It's not just Republicans that are outraged but the people are, too. Legislation doesn't happen through Executive Orders. It's time people in America became acquainted with the Constitution and became aware of what each branch does in this country.
It is not only on the voters but the other branches of the US federal govt. to act also to provide representation when one branch fails to do so..
Oh, you have been listening to the King and believed him when he said "if they won't make laws, I will, damnit!" Poor fellow. You can get help, but you must ask for it first.
Are you daft, I don't even listen to my family...

This is a rogue president, and impeachment has got to be put on the table and seriously considered.

Republicans on Capitol Hill began to lash out at President Obama Wednesday after he announced plans to unveil executive actions on immigration in a primetime address Thursday evening.

“The president is throwing this nation into a crisis and we have an obligation to do our duty, here, and in the Senate,” Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) told reporters.

Obama purposely timed the announcement, King said, to coincide with lawmakers leaving Washington Thursday for Thanksgiving recess. King said he’s staying behind in Washington to deal with the issue.

King laid out three steps the House could take to respond to Obama, including a resolution of rejection, censuring Obama and defunding the order to prevent its implementation. He stopped short of supporting impeachment.

“I don’t want to go down that path. We have lived through that and it put the nation through a lot of trauma,” he added.
Some Republicans expressed frustration that Obama invited only Senate and House Democrats to dinner Wednesday evening to huddle before the announcement.

Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.) said the fact that Republicans were not invited signals that Obama is creating “the beginning of a political campaign” that provokes “partisan warfare” and not a bipartisan agreement.

“Why would you do this on the eve of Thanksgiving, going into holidays, unless you want to create a political fight?" Cole asked. "I mean I’m mystified by the political calculus."
Republicans should have been included in Wednesday’s dinner, said Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.).

“I think that’s endemic of how the president has run his office,” she said. “He has been unwilling to reach out to Republicans.”
Bachmann called Obama “cynical” for issuing the order after the midterm elections when so many Democrats faced tight reelection races.

“He chose not to do this before the election because he knew his party would take an absolute drubbing at the polls,” she said. “In all likelihood, Scott Brown would have won his race in New Hampshire. In all likelihood, that would have caused Ed Gillespie to win in Virginia.”

Bachmann and King both support the push to defund Obama’s immigration action through legislation that’s separate from a main government spending bill to avert a full government shutdown.
While Rep. Steve Stivers (R-Ohio) said he’s “bothered when somebody tries to pass laws through executive actions,” he said it’s not worth another government shutdown.

The President is doing the business of his supporters and not the Business of those that voted against him. So when beating the Impeachment War Drum just remember how well that went for the GOP when Clinton was President and do not cry when the GOP is booted again.

The GOP was elected to get something done and if Impeachment is their only agenda then they have failed the voter once again!

You seem to hold those people who elected obama to a lower standard than those who decided to vote in a Republican majority to counter obammies actions.
Why is that?

The President is doing the business of his supporters and not the Business of those that voted against him. So when beating the Impeachment War Drum just remember how well that went for the GOP when Clinton was President and do not cry when the GOP is booted again.

The GOP was elected to get something done and if Impeachment is their only agenda then they have failed the voter once again!

Its obvious he ignored the stunning rebuke of the election so bring it, I guarantee you the GOP can make his life miserable without impeaching him.

The only crisis is the Republican refusal to govern in the spirit that this country's government was founded on.
The problem is they are, you just forgot what that is.
No they are not, they started on day one to ruin this president. It's fine to dislike the president but to punish America for voting for him is not fine. By refusing to govern they have created a power vacuum that the president has stepped into.

Please share with us how America is being punished by demanding the President follow the law regarding immigration.

The President is doing the business of his supporters and not the Business of those that voted against him.

See..you described the problem very well....The president is elected to follow the law of the land and act for the overall good of the AMERICAN people..Not to act independently to enforce or ignore laws he chooses....He's trusted to act for all the people...NOT just his supporters.
That's why he is, and has been, so despised.

americans want the border closed and americans don't want any "reform" that includes "amnesty".
obama disagrees...so he'll show US who's the boss....petty, evil and malignant

I'd like to see them at least seriously discuss it.
Why, ignoring it helps their rich constituency continue to hire them with tax breaks, low wages, no benefits and immediate disposal when finished...
Good point. The Republican establishment is probably finally exhaling a sigh of relief. Secretly, they don't really give a shit. When Bush was in office, they had a chance to do something, they intentionally did nothing.

Their big corporate interests needed that cheap labor, that is why they did nothing. That is why they will do nothing now but posture, talk tough and do nothing. They are glad this leftist stooge is going to take the fall, it is good for them, they can point the finger of blame and use it to their advantage to tell ignorant bigots that can't find a job that Democrats are to blame when the 2016 presidential elections come around. When in truth, they didn't want anything different done since their corporate big wigs wanted a massive pool of uneducated labor to keep labor costs down.

Bullshit. Public opinion was against it.

I really wonder if you know what the purpose of Congress is in a Republic.

It doesn't matter what "Public Opinion" is. It matters what the corporate donors are to the campaign chests of the politicians. GOP politicians generally get more from Chamber of commerce and Big Business.

I am telling you this as a political scientist. These are just well known facts. Why do you think all the previous amnesties were from Republican Presidents?

Take an entry level college course on Interest Group Politics. Business drives establishment GOP politics when it comes to immigration politics, it is about labor needs, not about what the voter desires. Money talks mud. (This might not necessarily be true for the real grassroots tea party politics though.)

Public opinion is never enough to sway elections. Voters rarely vote on single issue topics. Statistically, the only two issues that voters have ever been known to vote candidates in or out of office on are war and abortion. Seriously.

OTH, business and corporations WILL or WILL NOT give donations to candidates based on their support of increased labor development policies. Seriously.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_triangle_(US_politics)

I don't need to take a course on it. Been there, done that.

Of course I also have a brain of my own and don't always subscribe to the left-leaning ideological curriculum in our universities. Public opinion is important, because first and foremost people vote with their wallets, and the donations tend to dry up when the public is against you, not to mention so do their votes.

Democrats don't care about what the public wants because they have unions, and unions have unions dues and union kickbacks to Democrats. Republicans depend more on voluntary donations.

Huh?

What are you going on about? Is the knowledge that the doctor that treats you "left leaning?" How about the engineer that built your car?

Get a grip.

This whole thing about "Republicans depend more on voluntary donations," is hogwash. If there is any truth at all in that, it is marginal at best. If anything, the reverse is usually true. Generally, populist and third party candidates, like Libertarians and Green Party candidates rely most heavily on voluntary citizen donations as their only source of funding. Please cite your source for that unfounded assertion. It runs counter to everything known in political discourse.

Republicans
Top Industries OpenSecrets

Democrats
Top Industries OpenSecrets

That's right, they were elected to "get something done," and that something was to stop obama and the left's agenda.

"The people" that elected that massive republican majority are fine with impeachment, and have even demanded it. The only ones that are against it are obama supporters and spin doctors, like you.

Frankly, I don't see Congress cannot impeach Obama. They are standing on the floor and saying he is breaking the law. If true, Congress is also breaking the law by not impeaching him.
No. Even if congressmen truly believe that the president is breaking the law (he isnt) there is no constitutional compulsion to impeach

Please refrain from voting until you go back to school to learn who makes the laws and who executes the laws. Maybe you skipped school that day to get stoned and cruise the mall I don't know.

The only crisis is the Republican refusal to govern in the spirit that this country's government was founded on.
The problem is they are, you just forgot what that is.
No they are not, they started on day one to ruin this president. It's fine to dislike the president but to punish America for voting for him is not fine. By refusing to govern they have created a power vacuum that the president has stepped into.

Please share with us how America is being punished by demanding the President follow the law regarding immigration.
Actualy if Obama uses excutive action to grant amnesty to 6 million illegals...he will have reduced the crime rate amongst illegals by 50%.

After that he can go around saying he's reduced both crime and illegal immigration.

But one must also remember...a secure border is trillions of dollars and 10 years away, at full speed.

Please refrain from voting until you go back to school to learn who makes the laws and who executes the laws. Maybe you skipped school that day to get stoned and cruise the mall I don't know.
a good reason for a literacy/basic civics test prior to being allowed to vote.

But one must also remember...a secure border is trillions of dollars and 10 years away, at full speed.

Source?
Proof?
Where do these random numbers come from?

We have entire divisions of military combat engineers who could easily accomplish building a fence/wall.

Source?
Proof?

We have entire divisions of military combat engineers who could easily accomplish building a fence/wall.
Sure....I'll provide "source" and "proof", as soon as you provide "source" and "proof" that entire divisions of military combat engineers who could easily accomplish building a fence/wall.

First you have to eastablish how many years it would take, and how much that would cost. The military doesn't work for free.

Source?
Proof?

Sure....I'll provide "source" and "proof", as soon as you provide "source" and "proof" that entire divisions of military combat engineers who could easily accomplish building a fence/wall.

First you have to eastablish how many years it would take, and how much that would cost. The military doesn't work for free.

Scrap Obamcare and use the funds from that.

Problem solved.

Source?
Proof?

What are you trying to deny now?...that we have combat engineers or are you saying they get paid by the hour?..or that they can't build fences and walls?..what is the point of your diversions?

Here's how it works; The military gets paid by taxpayers. The military does what the president tells them to do. Combat engineers can build fences and walls...

Source?
Proof?

What are you trying to deny now?...that we have combat engineers or are you saying they get paid by the hour?..or that they can't build fences and walls?..what is the point of your diversions?

Here's how it works; The military gets paid by taxpayers. The military does what the president tells them to do. Combat engineers can build fences and walls...
Hey...if you think it's that simple...why is nobody on the right proposing that?

Have you noticed the GOP will not put forth an immigration proposal?

An immigration bill complete with the military building the secure border, and not including amnesty...would be a mighty fine thing to create...right?

Why aren't they?

Source?
Proof?

Hey...if you think it's that simple...why is nobody on the right proposing that?

Have you noticed the GOP will not put forth an immigration proposal?

An immigration bill complete with the military building the secure border, and not including amnesty...would be a mighty fine thing to create...right?

Why aren't they?

The GOP? What?

Is obama the president now?

Has he been president for the past 6 years?

Why is the border open?

Yeah, yawn republicans are outraged by everything and very soon no one is going to give a shit......just about two more years.

Forum List

Back