Immigration & Politics

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

If the GOP were smart -- and I'm tempted to bold the word "if" and use the largest possible font -- they would avoid hysterics and hyperbole over Obama's immigration move and calmly and clearly point out the obvious:

Low-income Americans are about to see five million job competitors legalized. All at once.

Okay, proceed with the hysterics and hyperbole.

Cloward -Pivens in action.

First they invent or cause a "crisis" that calls for them implementing a "solution" (that actually makes the crisis much worse) and moreover, makes implementation of a real solution to the crisis next to impossible; and every "solution" to the crisis must invariably entail purposefully overwhelming federal government programs in an effort to cause those programs and the federal government to implode under its own weight.

If the GOP were smart -- and I'm tempted to bold the word "if" and use the largest possible font -- they would avoid hysterics and hyperbole over Obama's immigration move and calmly and clearly point out the obvious:

Low-income Americans are about to see five million job competitors legalized. All at once.

Low income Americans didn't want to do those jobs to start with.

That has nothing to do with it. You get yet another A+ for missing the point entirely.

Congrats, Job.

If you support capitalism you support the rich to exploit the poorer against the poor...

If you support capitalism you support the rich to exploit the poorer against the poor...

Your perception of capitalism.

I know how much you folks dislike it, I get it.

Marx exploitation theory was disproven years ago. Many times over to boot. On top of that, what capitalism? Or are you just slinging soundbites?

That has nothing to do with it. You get yet another A+ for missing the point entirely.

Congrats, Job.

I've finally determined that the intellectual capacity just isn't there.

Not one moment of thought given to wage structure.

Marx exploitation theory was disproven years ago. Many times over to boot. On top of that, what capitalism? Or are you just slinging soundbites?
So what system is in play besides capitalism? If it is not exploitative then why do the rich, the business man hire illegals over native born Americans? Why is there tax breaks to hire illegals and minorities? Equality?

that's not true, of course...but your idea is that it is better to exploit illegals because they work cheaper.
If the border were closed, fair wages would rise because there wouldn't be an underground economy of leftists exploiting illegals cheap labor..Where's your complaints about "income inequality" now?

Situational ethics again huh joe?

So what system is in play besides capitalism? If it is not exploitative then why do the rich, the business man hire illegals over native born Americans? Why is there tax breaks to hire illegals and minorities? Equality?

There is so very little capitalism in the US left it can only be viewed on micro level at best. The country has a fascist off-shoot known formally as corporatism. Totally different than capitalism. That hasnt stopped morons from throwing around capitalism in order to demonize it. It's been going on since Marx manifesto long ago.

I'll of course have to explain this to you again later when you start popping off soundbites in my presence.

Congrats, Job.
If he missed the point he should have gotten an F.

:muahaha:

envy and jealousy is their stock in trade.

Congrats, Job.

I've finally determined that the intellectual capacity just isn't there.

Not one moment of thought given to wage structure.

Since I am an entrepreneur/self employed business owner, you don't know shit from shinola....I am the one doing the hiring and the last person I would hire is an illegal.But that is not the opinion or ethics of many businessmen I know and see in action..These men have written off the Anglo-Saxon for the Latino over preferences of racial bias, even against the owners racial background.
I know Mexican bar owners that only hire white people cause they are trustworthy...works both ways,,,

"Capitalism and communism stand at opposite poles. Their essential difference is this: The communist, seeing the rich man and his fine home, says: 'No man should have so much.'
The capitalist, seeing the same thing, says: 'All men should have as much.' "
Phelps Adams

"Capitalism and communism stand at opposite poles. Their essential difference is this: The communist, seeing the rich man and his fine home, says: 'No man should have so much.'
Phelps Adams
Exploitation has no political or economic boundaries....It's a human operative...

that's not true, of course...but your idea is that it is better to exploit illegals because they work cheaper.
If the border were closed, fair wages would rise because there wouldn't be an underground economy of leftists exploiting illegals cheap labor..Where's your complaints about "income inequality" now?

Situational ethics again huh joe?

The border can't be closed, guy. They will always find a way around it. HEck, half the people who are "illegals" now are folks who came here legally on other visas and overstayed their welcome.

There are ways to get fair wages- Unionization, raise the minimum wage, link executive pay to worker pay. Putting up a fence that people will get arond isn't it.

Phelps Adams
That is a lie..

Forum List

Back