The Pink List

Ok then.

I will donate to Goodwill, then tell them I have a right to their business dealings.

Better?

Oh, and you can stuff the assinine name calling. You gave your opinion, I gave mine.

Love,
Doltish Twit.

Don't have to donate here, either. And when ya do choose to, you have the right to ask questions...but they also have a right to say :eusa_hand:

Don't have to donate here, either. And when ya do choose to, you have the right to ask questions...but they also have a right to say :eusa_hand:

But what I don't understand is why members are so quick to disparage people that DO ask questions.

If one doesn't have an interest, there is no need to cut somebody else off at the knees. The moderators here don't need self-deputized mouthpieces.

And those who question the board don't need mouthpieces either, hon.
Aren't we all just giving opinions?

Yeah but --

I'd still tend to believe that if we knew what "offense" was behind a mod decision to pink a member, the educational purpose would be served.

I don't see a reason in theory why that couldn't happen. But i think Coyote said earlier, you wouldn't see the HISTORY of offenses leading up to a ban. The ban is only triggered by the last evil deed. You wouldn't know if that was the ONLY offense repeated, or if there were other "issues".. Might attract temptations to compare one to another without all the evidence.

Yeah but --

I'd still tend to believe that if we knew what "offense" was behind a mod decision to pink a member, the educational purpose would be served.

I don't see a reason in theory why that couldn't happen. But i think Coyote said earlier, you wouldn't see the HISTORY of offenses leading up to a ban. The ban is only triggered by the last evil deed. You wouldn't know if that was the ONLY offense repeated, or if there were other "issues".. Might attract temptations to compare one to another without all the evidence.

That's sound reasoning, and I appreciate you taking the time to post it instead of shrugging off the OP's concerns.

Yeah but --

This is a key issue.

Very rarely is a single offense cause for an immediate ban, other than obvious things like people trying to sell kitchen furniture in London or forged passports. It's like grade school - every rule you break goes on your "permanent record", and all of that is considered when we decide if you're going to get detention, a suspension or an expulsion. It's always more complicated than a single offense.

Personally speaking...I don't really want to know the reason why someone was pinked. But I would like to know the length of time they are. Like LGS for example. I figured her ban was something between you two (staff and her)....but I did wonder how long she would be MIA. I also don't think a Pink List is needed (again, just my own opinion), but would like to be able to ask and not get in trouble asking.

Then again...if that isn't my business....shrug. I'm ok with it.

Yeah but --

Oh, but that would be easy to fix. Example:

Member: "Blob 1"

banned from 02/01/2015-20/15/2015, 19:30

Reason: repeated harrassment, among other things.

Just an idea.

I read the FAQs and Rules when I joined and I didn't see any explanation on how the banning system works. Did I miss the obvious somewhere?

Is it a one-strike you're out? Do temp bans look just like permabans to the outside observer? Are there demerits which you accumulate which then result in a ban?

How does the whole system work?

I don't need to know why someone gets banned and I don't care. I think this board is reasonably well run. Why rock the boat?

As for the people that have gotten perma-banned in the year that I have been here? I know exactly why some of them were banned. Of the ones I know...I can say imho they deserved it. Without question. In fact....I think admin showed great patience in not perma-banning them much sooner.

As for why joe blow gets a week vacation. WGAS? It is none of my business and frankly I don't care. I have no desire to be a mod or monitor anyone's behavior.

I don't need to know why someone gets banned and I don't care. I think this board is reasonably well run. Why rock the boat?

As for the people that have gotten perma-banned in the year that I have been here? I know exactly why some of them were banned. Of the ones I know...I can say imho they deserved it. Without question. In fact....I think admin showed great patience in not perma-banning them much sooner.

As for why joe blow gets a week vacation. WGAS? It is none of my business and frankly I don't care. I have no desire to be a mod or monitor anyone's behavior.

Actually, I agree with you more than you realize, but I have been pointing out example as to how it could work were the admin to decide to have a pink board.

The one positive thing I could see out of it would be in the case of temp bans, where people would know when that member is probably going to come back.

I read the FAQs and Rules when I joined and I didn't see any explanation on how the banning system works. Did I miss the obvious somewhere?

It may not be obvious, but it's not complicated.

Is it a one-strike you're out?

No, unless you're a spambot trying to sell iPods or passports.

Do temp bans look just like permabans to the outside observer?

Yes.

Are there demerits which you accumulate which then result in a ban?

Yes. They're called "infractions".

How does the whole system work?

As a general rule, a first violation will result in either a informal or formal warning. Additional violations will result in infractions or temp bans, depending on the number, situation and our discretion. We're not hardasses about it, for the most part.

Courtesy goes a long way too. Treat us respectfully, and we'll return the favor.

Last edited:
It's nobodies business why anyone is pinked. It is between the pinker and pinkee. And like the staff has said (numerous times), there IS an appeal mode that is put in place. If they are still pinked after that process, then its for a damn good reason. Period.

just can't help being curious.

giphy.gif

Courtesy goes a long way too. Treat us respectfully, and we'll return the favor.

That almost sounds like you're saying "Mods aren't like everybody else, they don't have to earn respect, their lofty position in the USMB heirarchy entitles them to it". I'm sure it's just my anti-elitist antennae being overly sensitive tonight. Right?

That almost sounds like you're saying "Mods aren't like everybody else, they don't have to earn respect, their lofty position in the USMB heirarchy entitles them to it". I'm sure it's just my anti-elitist antennae being overly sensitive tonight. Right?

Yep.

Forum List

Back