The PAIN is Coming = Trump's Coming Depression

Many Americans were not satisfied with the annual average GDP of 2.1% during the Obama years, nor with the annual average rate of inflation of 1.4%.
Many were also not happy with the narrowing debt to GDP ration that was being experienced during the last several Obama years.

So, enter the angry, white, male Trump, Hell bent on increasing GDP at all costs.
Annualized GDP for 2017 was 2.3% & so far for 2018 GDP average is 3.3%.

OK; so far Trump's economy has increased GDP on average by 0.7% over the Obama economy. This is not a terrible feat but by no means are the Trump economy GDP numbers anything to 'write home' about.

Let's throw in other factors when looking at the larger Trump economic & GDP picture.
Inflation, and Debt are two huge factors that will weigh heavily on the Trump GDP big picture.
Combined inflation rate so far for 2017 & 2018 is 4.0% and that does NOT include very expensive factors such as FOOD & ENERGY costs.
US federal debt set a new six year high record in 2018 as a result of the Trump tax cuts that offer tax relief for the wealthiest 0.01% of individuals & for corporations.
So, even while the wealthiest individuals & corporations enjoy record tax breaks the US deficit is increasing at record pace.

Add up the numbers
So, with an increase of GDP by about ~1% we also gain massive debt, all while we should be paying down debt.
What else is going on?
Real wages are NOT increasing at any substantial level, particularly when accounting for inflation; real wages are actually DECREASING.
Consumer spending aka the largest driving force of increasing GDP is ALSO increasing private debt aka consumer debt is driving the increase in GDP.
THIS IS INSANITY!!!!!!!

Housing starts & sales are both decreasing.
Oil is about to go into free fall.
The corporations that received all of those tax breaks are NOT spreading the economic love to employees.
The equity markets are IMO set for an even further decline of 10% to 25%, or even worse.
America is about to experience some REAL PAIN economically; it's just around the corner.
Thanks Trump for the coming DEPRESSION.
Was it all worth a temporary GDP gain of ~0.7%?

:abgg2q.jpg:

You idiots have been fear-mongering shit like this ever since before the election.

Nobody take you seriously any more.

Trump can file bankruptcy for AmeriKKKa & everything will be fine, again.

"AmericaKKKa?" Awwww, isn't that cute?

I hate to break it to you, but Rage Against the Machine already has a new front man. Maybe you could get together with Zach now that he's not doing anything and put together a new band. Maybe find yourself a third member and call yourselves "The Thee Dickheads."

The 'three dick heads' would be Trump, Trump Jr., and John Bolton, that scaredy cat neo-con jack ass punk bitch
Many Americans were not satisfied with the annual average GDP of 2.1% during the Obama years, nor with the annual average rate of inflation of 1.4%.
Many were also not happy with the narrowing debt to GDP ration that was being experienced during the last several Obama years.

So, enter the angry, white, male Trump, Hell bent on increasing GDP at all costs.

OK; so far Trump's economy has increased GDP on average by 0.7% over the Obama economy. This is not a terrible feat but by no means are the Trump economy GDP numbers anything to 'write home' about.

Let's throw in other factors when looking at the larger Trump economic & GDP picture.
Inflation, and Debt are two huge factors that will weigh heavily on the Trump GDP big picture.
Combined inflation rate so far for 2017 & 2018 is 4.0% and that does NOT include very expensive factors such as FOOD & ENERGY costs.
US federal debt set a new six year high record in 2018 as a result of the Trump tax cuts that offer tax relief for the wealthiest 0.01% of individuals & for corporations.
So, even while the wealthiest individuals & corporations enjoy record tax breaks the US deficit is increasing at record pace.

Add up the numbers
So, with an increase of GDP by about ~1% we also gain massive debt, all while we should be paying down debt.
What else is going on?
Real wages are NOT increasing at any substantial level, particularly when accounting for inflation; real wages are actually DECREASING.
Consumer spending aka the largest driving force of increasing GDP is ALSO increasing private debt aka consumer debt is driving the increase in GDP.
THIS IS INSANITY!!!!!!!

The corporations that received all of those tax breaks are NOT spreading the economic love to employees.
The equity markets are IMO set for an even further decline of 10% to 25%, or even worse.
America is about to experience some REAL PAIN economically; it's just around the corner.

You idiots have been fear-mongering shit like this ever since before the election.

Trump can file bankruptcy for AmeriKKKa & everything will be fine, again.

MGDGA = Making Great Depressions Great Again

Depressions work out pretty well for me, as I tend to make a good profit from buying up people's priceless family heirlooms for pennies on the dollar.

Bring it on.

That is extremely admirable of you; profiting off the misery of others.

Jesus would approve of your message!! CONSERVATIVE Jesus; not liberal Jesus

Well son, there are winners in this world and there are losers. I prefer to be the former, as opposed to the latter.

By the way, do you have anything collectible, unusual, or rare? I'd gladly take it off your hands for you.

My current profession is recession proof. In fact, the worse things get, the more work I have.

And, if things totally hit the fan, I have everything I need to go freelance.

I've been freelance since 1999. There will always be people in this world who desire certain objects, and I'm just good at finding them.

The most important thing is to rely on people's stupidity for not knowing what they're worth, and people's greed for wanting them so badly.

My current profession is recession proof. In fact, the worse things get, the more work I have.

I've been freelance since 1999. There will always be people in this world who desire certain objects, and I'm just good at finding them.

The most important thing is to rely on people's stupidity for not knowing what they're worth, and people's greed for wanting them so badly.

In my current profession, going freelance is typically frowned upon. Things would have to get pretty bad before I could comfortably go out on my own.

2151020-batman-Odyssey-2-1.jpg

In my current profession, going freelance is typically frowned upon. Things would have to get pretty bad before I could comfortably go out on my own.

Well you could always have your own business and be like Dog, the Bounty Hunter. Might even have your own TV show.

Bringing criminals to justice is not only good sense, it's good business.

dog-the-bounty-hunter.jpg

Well you could always have your own business and be like Dog, the Bounty Hunter. Might even have your own TV show.

Yes. hopefully someone will bring Trump to justice; he's a criminal too.

Please let this be moved to the badlands or rubber room where it belongs!

iu

LOL; there is no surprise you can't discuss any thing economic, along the lines of the OP.

You haven't yet.

It would take more IQ than you have capacity for.

Yes. hopefully someone will bring Trump to justice; he's a criminal too.

I guess you could say that, since trespassing and squatting are illegal. Maybe you should contact the authorities and have him evicted from your head.

Or at least sign a rental contract or something, he shouldn't be living there without at least paying you something.

What plunging oil prices may be telling us about the stock market and global economy

Now, oil futures are unraveling, down at least 20% after putting in a 52-week high early last month. And it isn’t so much the descent into bear-market territory—as the recent slump for crude can be characterized—as it is the celerity of the selloff that has market participants unsettled.

On Friday, West Texas Intermediate crude for December delivery CLZ8, +0.90% lost 48 cents, or 0.8%, to settle at $60.19 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange, for the lowest front-month contract settlement since March 8, according to FactSet data. Prices lost 4.7% for the week, tallying their fifth straight weekly drop. The 10th session decline in a row matched the longest skid since 1984.

“There are reasons to be cautious about future returns: the growth/inflation mix is deteriorating and markets often have a sharp correction followed by a sharp rally prior to a more sustained bear market,” Goldman analysts wrote, referring partly to four straight days of gains for the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, -0.77% including a post-midterm election, 545-point relief rally on Wednesday.

According to Goldman, its indicator at 73% marks the highest bear-market reading since the late 1960s and early 1970s, which (with a few exceptions) is consistent with returns of zero over the following 12 months. Any reading above 60% signals that subsequent returns will be lower (see chart below):

Last edited:

Add up the numbers
What else is going on?
THIS IS INSANITY!!!!!!!

There isn’t going to be a depression under Trump.

A recession maybe, but not a depression.

I wish I brought criminals to justice. Reality ... I fill out paperwork so that idiots who can't sort out their own issues can use the police as a weapon against each other.

When I was working in a neighborhood, I actually helped people. Since I've been in a marked unit .. it's one family, neighbor dispute after another. I truly believe everyone I've met on the job in the last six months is retarded.

I spent two hours on the phone and had to file three reports over a father taking a phone from a daughter and the mother freaking out wanting him arrested. She said ... I'm not making this up ... "My daughter has a low heart rate and suffers from bi-polar syndrome. If she doesn't have a phone, she can actually die".

"There's a suspicious man on my street near my house. He's my next door neighbor".

"Someone is flying a drone over my backyard to look at my wife. I think it's my neighbor. If police don't stop him, I will take matters into my own hands".

"My wife left me and took the kids... can you track her car and make her come back?"

--- each of those are exact quotes from just yesterday.

I wish I brought criminals to justice. Reality ... I fill out paperwork so that idiots who can't sort out their own issues can use the police as a weapon against each other.

When I was working in a neighborhood, I actually helped people. Since I've been in a marked unit .. it's one family, neighbor dispute after another. I truly believe everyone I've met on the job in the last six months is retarded.

I spent two hours on the phone and had to file three reports over a father taking a phone from a daughter and the mother freaking out wanting him arrested. She said ... I'm not making this up ... "My daughter has a low heart rate and suffers from bi-polar syndrome. If she doesn't have a phone, she can actually die".

"There's a suspicious man on my street near my house. He's my next door neighbor".

"Someone is flying a drone over my backyard to look at my wife. I think it's my neighbor. If police don't stop him, I will take matters into my own hands".

"My wife left me and took the kids... can you track her car and make her come back?"

IOW it was like USMB.

Damn, man. I wouldn't want your job for anything, but am sincerely grateful that you're doing it. You guys and girls are the only ones standing between civility and total anarchy.

IOW it was like USMB.

This place is a MENSA meeting compared to what I do. FBJ is ten times smarter than anyone who ever walked into the police station.

I could add ten more similarly stupid quotes from just yesterday but I'm afraid you'd think I was exaggerating.

Thank goodness I live alone. I couldn't subject anyone to having to listen to me vent about what I put up with at work.

Damn, man. I wouldn't want your job for anything, but am sincerely grateful that you're doing it. You guys and girls are the only ones standing between civility and total anarchy.

To be fair, I sometimes think we only make things worse. We would be doing society a favor letting them purge.

Add up the numbers
What else is going on?
THIS IS INSANITY!!!!!!!

You mean like Ebola and the Caravan?

That's not Democrats.

Add up the numbers
What else is going on?
THIS IS INSANITY!!!!!!!

The truth is you did a great job of presenting the facts.

But these Republicans are mental midgets. Once, they decided you are anti Trump, you must be a liar. Because Trump is so honest.

We are already starting to see it in the stock market.

Republicans tried to blame Democrats for the recession.

Republicans tried to take credit for taking down Bin Laden.

Didn't work. And it won't work.

Forum List

Back