The ONLY solution to the immigration problem

You'd have to pay a lot more for everything. Mexico makes everything from avacados to zippers.

Is paying more worth ending slave labor from the countries we get it from? I think so. Not to mention the incentive for American companies either staying here, or coming back to save on transportation cost.

When you get down the nitty gritty on cost of goods, look no further than our very own Federal Reserve. Because it's one of the biggest reasons why $10hr is now a poverty wage in this country. And why $15hr will soon become one.
Where do taxes and insurance cost equate in your estimation? There are many more costs than just transportation you are leaving out there.

There is payroll tax in Mexico which is levied at the state level. The rate ranges between 1% and 3% of salaries and is withheld by the employer. There is payroll tax in Mexico which is levied at the state level. The rate ranges between 1% and 3% of salaries and is withheld by the employer.

Just a hunch but I bet the insurance racketeers don't get such a big share of a companies profits there either.

If Mexico and South America had an economy that was close to ours, as Canada's is, they wouldn't even wanna come here, right? So why are those two countries economies not closer to ours?

IMO, they're just huge slave labor camps for this part of the world. There's a reason why the minimum wage in Mexico is $5 per DAY (not hour)
Mexican officials are easily bought off by lobbyist. Much like our own politicians. In fact, lobbyist own 99% of all our politicians. Republicans and democrats alike. And since it's so cheap to live in Mexico, Mycrosoft and the other big companies down there, can easily afford to dish out a cool million to keep the minimum wages as slave labor levels. Which keeps the people poor. Which keeps crime levels high. Which keeps drug money coming in. And all the other effects that poverty has on any society.

Question is, how to fix it.

Because Trumps stupid wall isn't going to. Sending Mexico and South America hundreds of billions isn't going to work.
The answer to all of this is in their economies down there. I guarantee you, that if the minimum wages down there were even $5per HOUR, they wouldn't even bother coming here.

$5hr down there, is like an upper middle class wage.

Bogus.

The wages paid in Mexico is not the problem. Corruption is the problem. Mexico refuses our vast resources to help eradicate the problem. Raising their minimum wage solves nothing, just as raising our Federal minimum wage accomplishes nothing. All it does is raise the bottom step which raises all the steps above by an equal rate.

Legalizing all drugs in the U.S. is insane. It would never happen (I prefer to discuss REAL solutions). Legalizing marijuana has not stopped the black market in pot. It has made the brain-altering drug more easily available to younger users where it does permanent damage.

Both Republicans and Democrats have agreed that the wall will be of substantial assistance. The only reason Democrats are opposed is that President Donald Trump made it one of his campaign promises. Democrats would stab out their own eyes rather than help America if it means giving President Trump ANOTHER great victory.

Last edited:
Bogus.

The wages paid in Mexico is not the problem. Corruption is the problem. Mexico refuses our vast resources to help eradicate the problem. Raising their minimum wage solves nothing, just as raising our Federal minimum wage accomplishes nothing. All it does is raise the bottom step which raises all the steps above by an equal rate.

Our minimum wage increases are a symptom of our federal reserve. And necessary, simply because of the way the Fed operates. But you didn't answer my initial question, as you why Canadians aren't flooding America. Or why we're not flooding Mexico's borders. After all, everything is much cheaper down there, right? They have a national healthcare plan for their poor.

Money is always the bottom line. There's no doubt that there's a ton of corruption in their government. Money breads corruption. Bad economies breeds crime.
The solution, more money in the private citizens pockets.

Legalizing all drugs in the U.S. is insane. It would never happen (I prefer to discuss REAL solutions). Legalizing marijuana has not stopped the black market in pot. It has made the brain-altering drug more easily available to younger users where it does permanent damage.

It's insane, I agree. But what's even more insane is our very own government refusing to eradicate where the drugs come from. A friend of mine was in Afghanistan and seen the poppy fields. I can't recall him ever saying they were destroyed. With Satellite technology, we could find all those marijuana fields in Mexico and South America, and dump a bunch of white vinegar on them. Within a week, we could destroy 50% of the poppy fields and pot fields in those two countries.

Both Republicans and Democrats have agreed that the wall will be of substantial assistance. The only reason Democrats are opposed is that President Donald Trump made it one of his campaign promises. Democrats would stab out their own eyes rather than help America if it means giving President Trump ANOTHER great victory.

The democrats were pro wall once. The GOP was anti wall once. They flip flop worse than Trump & Kerry combined.
The thing is, the solutions being presented by both parties, originate in both parties. So they're not going to involve actual solutions. What are you looking for? A huge $25 billion band aid? or a solution?
R & D's are great with band aids. They come in all shapes and sizes.

Where do taxes and insurance cost equate in your estimation? There are many more costs than just transportation you are leaving out there.

There is payroll tax in Mexico which is levied at the state level. The rate ranges between 1% and 3% of salaries and is withheld by the employer. There is payroll tax in Mexico which is levied at the state level. The rate ranges between 1% and 3% of salaries and is withheld by the employer.

Just a hunch but I bet the insurance racketeers don't get such a big share of a companies profits there either.

I didn't include taxes and insurance because they're not part of the point.

Separating families on the basis that some of the relatives violated a civil misdemeanor WILL EVENTUALLY BE FOUND TO BE INCONSISTENT WITH THE EIGHTH AMENDMENT.

When did Mexico become our 51st state?

Moreover, families are separated every day of the week when the male or female are arrested, tried and sentenced to prison. You left out divorces (if the parents are married). Just a foolish paper tiger meaning nothing.

Our minimum wage increases are a symptom of our federal reserve. And necessary, simply because of the way the Fed operates. But you didn't answer my initial question, as you why Canadians aren't flooding America. Or why we're not flooding Mexico's borders. After all, everything is much cheaper down there, right? They have a national healthcare plan for their poor.

Money is always the bottom line. There's no doubt that there's a ton of corruption in their government. Money breads corruption. Bad economies breeds crime.
The solution, more money in the private citizens pockets.

Are you seriously trying to tell us that the government of Canada is as corrupt as that of Mexico?

Mexico population 130 million Murders in 2018 33,000 25 per 100,000
Canada population 36.7 million Murders in 2018 565 1.76 per 100,000

Canada's failed health care system is a topic for another thread.

It's insane, I agree. But what's even more insane is our very own government refusing to eradicate where the drugs come from. A friend of mine was in Afghanistan and seen the poppy fields. I can't recall him ever saying they were destroyed. With Satellite technology, we could find all those marijuana fields in Mexico and South America, and dump a bunch of white vinegar on them. Within a week, we could destroy 50% of the poppy fields and pot fields in those two countries.

Sounds fine. Where do we get permission to destroy massive crops and the economies of entire countries?

The democrats were pro wall once. The GOP was anti wall once. They flip flop worse than Trump & Kerry combined.
The thing is, the solutions being presented by both parties, originate in both parties. So they're not going to involve actual solutions. What are you looking for? A huge $25 billion band aid? or a solution?
R & D's are great with band aids. They come in all shapes and sizes.

A wall will work as it has been proven in countless other countries. Trump haters will always hate, realistic people know that an effective wall, with beefed-up numbers of troops, patrols, sensors, cameras and drones will stop over 90% of illegal drug trafficking, human trafficking and illegal immigrants.

GOD BLESS President Trump! :113:

A tall great wall is a nice start to stop the savages coming in!

2zeuyyZ.png

Are you seriously trying to tell us that the government of Canada is as corrupt as that of Mexico?

Mexico population 130 million Murders in 2018 33,000 25 per 100,000
Canada population 36.7 million Murders in 2018 565 1.76 per 100,000

Canada's failed health care system is a topic for another thread.

No, I'm not trying to tell you that at all. Maybe you misread.

Sounds fine. Where do we get permission to destroy massive crops and the economies of entire countries?

Permission from who? We never get permission to things. We bomb Syria based on information they knew was false. Same with Iraq.

A wall will work as it has been proven in countless other countries. Trump haters will always hate, realistic people know that an effective wall, with beefed-up numbers of troops, patrols, sensors, cameras and drones will stop over 90% of illegal drug trafficking, human trafficking and illegal immigrants.

You think I'm opposed to the wall because I don't like Trump? HA HA HA HA.. That's a good one. I don't like Trump because Trump spends too much. Because Trump support FISA 702, the Patriot Act, NDAA. I don't like Trump because he lies too much. Remember "lock her up?" I was all for it, because I don't like Hitlery either. The week Trump got elected, he crawfished on that. Same as the backed down from Mexico paying for the wall. I don't like Trump because he "infringed" on our 2nd Amendment with his bump stock ban. And his support for Red Flag laws. I don't like Trump because of his new NAFTA deal. Which is NAFTA and TPP all rolled into one. I don't like Trump because of the stupid trade war with China.

Question is, why do you support him? Because he's not Hitlery? Because he's a republican?

GOD BLESS President Trump! :113:

A tall great wall is a nice start to stop the savages coming in!

This is not a picture of the new wall. In fact, not one foot of new wall has gone up since Trump was elected. Only about 60 miles have been replaced. But no new wall. BTW, LMAO..

Mainly because American don't want the government forcing them to give the rights to their land. It's supposed to be their land. Not the governments.

BTW, if the wall was completed, over 1 million square miles of American citizens land will have been confiscated by the government all because the government can't build a wall on the border. Funny thing is, if Trump wanted to steal peoples land, why don't he steal Mexican's land? Because he can't get permission? Well, the American's aren't giving Trump permission either. So he's trying to take Americans land by force.
Seems Trump is either stupid. Or he's a coward. Or both.

Permission from who? We never get permission to things. We bomb Syria based on information they knew was false. Same with Iraq.

Syria was bombed by failed former President Barack Hussein Obama. Not the issue.

With Iraq we had the United Nations who had issued hundreds of Resolutions against Iraq with a final one authorizing the use of force. Our Congress also authorized the President to use force in Iraq.

Question is, why do you support him? Because he's not Hitlery? Because he's a republican?

How about he is doing a great job? The question is, why don't you support him? Why do you want our country to suffer rather than enjoy these good times?

The Unemployment Rate Does Not Signal A Recession
Update - October 4, 2019
Oct. 4, 2019 10:29 AM ET

|The Unemployment Rate Does Not Signal A Recession: Update - October 4, 2019 | Seeking Alpha

###

Steve Moore: Middle-class Incomes Surge More Than $5,000 Under Trump Economy
BY PETER VICENZI
10/07/2019

Steve Moore: Middle-class Incomes Surge More Than $5,000 Under Trump Economy | FreedomWorks

###

Younger and Minority Workers Lead Wage Gains as Expansion Ages
Oct. 17, 2019, 8:59 AM

A tightening labor market with U.S. unemployment rate at a 50-year low is starting to result in higher wages for full-time workers, including younger people and minorities whose pay has lagged.

Median weekly earnings for Americans in the third quarter rose 3.6% to $919, outpacing inflation, the U.S. Labor Department reported Wednesday. Earnings for those aged 25 to 54, in their prime working years, rose by 5%, the fastest rate of growth in recent years.

Younger and Minority Workers Lead Wage Gains as Expansion Ages

###

ECONOMY
Record-low black unemployment cheered by black activists

Published 1 month ago on September 9, 2019

[...]

“Love him or hate him, this is an incredible economic accomplishment for the President and a tremendous benefit for American blacks,” said Project 21 member Derryck Green.

Along with a reported third straight month of 3.7 percent overall unemployment, the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) August jobs report noted that the overall black unemployment rate fell half-a-percent to 5.5 percent. This is the lowest black unemployment rate ever recorded. BLS began reporting employment statistics by race in 1972. And with overall white unemployment at 3.4 percent, it is also the smallest reported gap between the races ever in terms of joblessness. Until recently, the racial employment disparity between blacks and whites has generally held to a 2-1 margin.

Record-low black unemployment cheered by black activists

###

Help wanted: Too many jobs and not enough workers in most states
Tim Henderson, Stateline Published 8:00 a.m. CT Oct. 15, 2019 | Updated 7:10 p.m. CT Oct. 15, 2019

In 39 states, there are more jobs than people looking for them, according to a Stateline analysis of June hiring and employment data from the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Help wanted: Too many jobs and not enough workers in most states

###

America Created 266,000 Jobs in November
JOHN CARNEY 6 Dec 2019

The imaginary recession of 2019 is over.

The U.S. economy added 266,000 jobs for the month and the unemployment rate fell to 3.5 percent, matching the lowest level in 50 years.

Economists had expected the economy to add 180,000 jobs and for unemployment to remain unchanged at 3.6 percent, according to Econoday.

Adding to the picture of strength for the labor market, previous jobs numbers were revised up. September’s figure was revised up by 13,000 to 193,000. October was revised up by 28,000 to 156,000. Together, that adds 41,000 more jobs than previously reported.

[...]

Average hourly wages are up 3.14 percent compared with last year, above economist expectations. In manufacturing, the average workweek increased by 0.1 hour to 40.5 hours. Average hourly ages of private-sector production and nonsupervisory employees rose by 7 cents in the month to $23.83, a 0.22 percent gain.

[...]

America Created 266,000 Jobs in November | Breitbart

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...economy-added-jobs-jobless-rate-fell-percent/

Wall Street soars after economy added robust 266,000 jobs in November

###

USMCA: Agreement reached on Nafta trade deal replacement
10 December 2019

The US, Mexico and Canada have finalised a trade deal that will replace the 25-year-old North American Free Trade Agreement (Nafta).

Agreement reached on Nafta trade deal replacement

###

by JOHN CARNEY
20 Dec 2019 1:14

The November hiring surge pushed incomes for Americans higher last month.

Incomes rose by half a percentage point in November, above economists’ forecasts and much better than the soft readings in September and October. This was the strongest gain since July, according to data from the Commerce Department on Friday.

Consumer spending rose at a 0.4 percent annual rate last month, led by a jump in spending on big-ticket durable goods like autos and appliances.

The higher spending is not due to rising prices. Inflation, as measured by the Federal Reserve’s preferred price indicator, is still running well below the Fed’s 2 percent target. It came in at just 1.5 percent for November compared with a year ago.

And despite the rise in consumer spending, Americans are saving more. The saving rate edged up to 7.9 percent of after-tax income in November.

Christmas Cheer: Incomes Jumps Higher, Consumer Spending Soars | Breitbart

More? The list goes on, and on! Criminal Justice Bill, moving our Embassy to Jeruselum after numerous other presidents had promised but failed to perform.

Unlike "many other countries," America is not a homogeneous country. Unlike "many other countries" Americans are dependent upon people from south of the border for illegal drugs. A wall is NOT going to cure drug habits and a bad national drug policy. Unlike "many other countries" the U.S. has several generations of Americans with families from south of the border.

Just as the wall between East and West Berlin could not stand, neither would a wall between the United States and Mexico. Separating families on the basis that some of the relatives violated a civil misdemeanor WILL EVENTUALLY BE FOUND TO BE INCONSISTENT WITH THE EIGHTH AMENDMENT.
.....sorry you do not know the history, but the Berlin wall worked --it kept them separated
..West and East Berlin were part of ONE city!!! in the SAME country --DUH--very ridiculous and wrong analogy
..so godamn what if they have families south of the border???!!! = what's that got to do with anything??

..fk those families/etc----you are either a citizen of the US or you are not

So what??? The American people went ballistic when we separated undocumented families. When cops, soldiers, politicians, and community leaders... not to mention upper income level Hispanics are having their families separated due to mass deportations, all Hell is going to break loose.

An no, the Berlin Wall did not work. It's one of the reasons it came down. For better or worse, America seems to be committed to its own demise. All the Americans on both sides of the aisle see is a one world / one race / one religion society.
Berlin is a city--not a country

Do you have a point or do you find it necessary to try and make childish statements to my every post? Dude, if I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Know this: There will be a time after Trump and you don't have a standard bearer after he leaves office. Add to that, many of the old time right wingers who used to bankroll "conservatives" are passing away:

David Koch, billionaire and conservative activist, dies at 79
you bring up Berlin = idiocy
last time I check, Mr Trump IS POTUS
ahahahahhahahaha---you DO sound like a crying little child/bitch because Mr Trump is POTUS
jesus christ--grow up!! adults don't cry when their candidate loses

You are the one who needs to quit crying.

..need to stop playing around---post troops and a wall......use choppers/drones/etc

They are already arresting U.S. military personnel by the dozens for helping Hispanics breach border controls. How many of those soldiers, cops, etc. do you think have families in Mexico?
ridiculous .......

Ridiculous or not, it is a FACT:

18 US Marines, one sailor arrested for alleged crimes including human smuggling and drug-related offenses - CNNPolitics
1.you said by the dozenS--with an S??!!! hahahahhahaahah --that's not even TWO dozen = you are posting crap = NOT plural with an S = NOT a fact
2. 19 out of 1.3 MILLION !!! wow!!wooooo that's a WHOLE lot
hahahhahahahahhaah

That was only ONE incident dumbass. Did anybody ever tell you that you could get rich suing your brains for non-support?

Syria was bombed by failed former President Barack Hussein Obama. Not the issue.

With Iraq we had the United Nations who had issued hundreds of Resolutions against Iraq with a final one authorizing the use of force. Our Congress also authorized the President to use force in Iraq.

Trump announces strikes on Syria following suspected chemical weapons attack by Assad forces
The Damascus sky lights up with surface-to-air missile fire as a U.S.-led attack targeted different parts of the Syrian capital early Saturday, April 14, 2018.

That is why you need to start thinking outside the box.

Regardless of which side you're on, rational people realize that a wall will not happen. There will be life after Trump and it will be Americans swinging left. It's the nature of the cycles of history and demographics.

There is but one solution and it will not come from the right or the left. Those behind the sides on both sides are playing you.
The swing already went far left and is heading back to the right. Sorry you do not recognize this.

I've been a part of the political scenery since before you were a gleam in your daddy's eyes. I watched Georgia go from ALL Democrat to ALL Republican in every office on every level where I vote - city, county, state and federal levels (all offices.) The last statewide election was decided by less than 1 percent of the vote.

On every piece of empty property in the city I live they are building condos and apartments - and all of those will be occupied by non-whites and non-whites vote for Democrats by LARGE margins. In the next election, Democrats will rule. Our county prosecutor changed parties already in anticipation of the next election.

One county over, it was held by conservatives since Reagan. Today, that seat is occupied by Lucy McBath, a Democrat.

Just a couple of weeks ago, our governor (who ran as a pro gun - anti immigrant type) had to appoint someone to fill the U.S. Senate seat of Johnny Isakson who is retiring with a year left in his Senate term. The POS that our governor appointed has an attorney named Stacey Abrams. Abrams is a black racist that made reparations a part of her campaign.

WTH??? A good ol' boy nominates a woman to the Senate that is cozy with the most radical Democrats in this state AND is friends with the woman who almost beat him in the election????

Trump is limited to the upcoming election. After that no Republican is taking Georgia. Demographics and the mood of the people five years from now. Trump did NOT win the popular vote. He won the electoral vote. Democrats are making sure that the next election will be the last the Republicans win. The Republicans are mostly RINOs.
Kelly Loeffler bought herself a Senate seat appointment and that is an indicator to you that the rest of the country will go Democrat?

Democrats have a bigger plan for doing more fraud in the election process you say, mmm... well I suppose they can try but a whole lot of former Democrats seem to be watching this whole messy affair in DC and don't particularly like what they are seeing. Hell, even old staunch Democrats I know that had stuck with the party to the end are now saying what crooks the Clinton's are.

How completely and utterly fucking stupid! Can ANYONE on this board say anything more stupid than that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG. I have a short fuse for stupidity when people say complete idiotic things to me like they think I'm stupid. My shoe size exceeds your IQ apparently.

No, I do not think that Kelly Loeffler buying a Senate seat is the only thing to be considered. It's WHO she bought it from. She bought it from a Georgia governor ON YOUR SIDE OF THE POLITICAL FENCE!!!!! Add to that, Georgia is a very important swing state that may very well be going left in next year's election. If not then, most definitely in the following election. WTF is it with you people that cannot think long term and see that the world is not doing back flips because another Democrat jumped in to save the sinking Republican Party? No wonder you wound up with two terms of Barack Obama.

No, I do not base my conclusions on a single event or even a single state. I watch the states:

CHART: Democratic Governors Make A Big Comeback Under Trump
Ignorance on your part as I don't have a side in Georgia politics. Some of us vote for the person running for office. We make our decisions on who we vote for or support based on their policy positions and their character regardless of whether they have a D, a R or other by their names.

If you are trying to make us think you didn't understand the post, you are ignorant OR you think that the people that agree with you are idiots. I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Brian Kemp is anti-immigrant, just like you. Why in the HELL would he put someone in the United States Senate - WHO HAS A VOTE AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL THAT AFFECTS YOU who is far left??????????

Separating families on the basis that some of the relatives violated a civil misdemeanor WILL EVENTUALLY BE FOUND TO BE INCONSISTENT WITH THE EIGHTH AMENDMENT.

When did Mexico become our 51st state?

Moreover, families are separated every day of the week when the male or female are arrested, tried and sentenced to prison. You left out divorces (if the parents are married). Just a foolish paper tiger meaning nothing.

Your post is absolutely meaningless. Don't even know why you quoted me. I never said Mexico was our 51st state nor implied as much. You need a straw man to argue against.

The swing already went far left and is heading back to the right. Sorry you do not recognize this.

I've been a part of the political scenery since before you were a gleam in your daddy's eyes. I watched Georgia go from ALL Democrat to ALL Republican in every office on every level where I vote - city, county, state and federal levels (all offices.) The last statewide election was decided by less than 1 percent of the vote.

On every piece of empty property in the city I live they are building condos and apartments - and all of those will be occupied by non-whites and non-whites vote for Democrats by LARGE margins. In the next election, Democrats will rule. Our county prosecutor changed parties already in anticipation of the next election.

One county over, it was held by conservatives since Reagan. Today, that seat is occupied by Lucy McBath, a Democrat.

Just a couple of weeks ago, our governor (who ran as a pro gun - anti immigrant type) had to appoint someone to fill the U.S. Senate seat of Johnny Isakson who is retiring with a year left in his Senate term. The POS that our governor appointed has an attorney named Stacey Abrams. Abrams is a black racist that made reparations a part of her campaign.

WTH??? A good ol' boy nominates a woman to the Senate that is cozy with the most radical Democrats in this state AND is friends with the woman who almost beat him in the election????

Trump is limited to the upcoming election. After that no Republican is taking Georgia. Demographics and the mood of the people five years from now. Trump did NOT win the popular vote. He won the electoral vote. Democrats are making sure that the next election will be the last the Republicans win. The Republicans are mostly RINOs.
Kelly Loeffler bought herself a Senate seat appointment and that is an indicator to you that the rest of the country will go Democrat?

Democrats have a bigger plan for doing more fraud in the election process you say, mmm... well I suppose they can try but a whole lot of former Democrats seem to be watching this whole messy affair in DC and don't particularly like what they are seeing. Hell, even old staunch Democrats I know that had stuck with the party to the end are now saying what crooks the Clinton's are.

How completely and utterly fucking stupid! Can ANYONE on this board say anything more stupid than that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG. I have a short fuse for stupidity when people say complete idiotic things to me like they think I'm stupid. My shoe size exceeds your IQ apparently.

No, I do not think that Kelly Loeffler buying a Senate seat is the only thing to be considered. It's WHO she bought it from. She bought it from a Georgia governor ON YOUR SIDE OF THE POLITICAL FENCE!!!!! Add to that, Georgia is a very important swing state that may very well be going left in next year's election. If not then, most definitely in the following election. WTF is it with you people that cannot think long term and see that the world is not doing back flips because another Democrat jumped in to save the sinking Republican Party? No wonder you wound up with two terms of Barack Obama.

No, I do not base my conclusions on a single event or even a single state. I watch the states:

CHART: Democratic Governors Make A Big Comeback Under Trump
Ignorance on your part as I don't have a side in Georgia politics. Some of us vote for the person running for office. We make our decisions on who we vote for or support based on their policy positions and their character regardless of whether they have a D, a R or other by their names.

If you are trying to make us think you didn't understand the post, you are ignorant OR you think that the people that agree with you are idiots. I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Brian Kemp is anti-immigrant, just like you. Why in the HELL would he put someone in the United States Senate - WHO HAS A VOTE AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL THAT AFFECTS YOU who is far left??????????
I don't trust your opinion; Simple as that. If she is a problem I am sure the people of Georgia can vote her out.

Forum List

Back