The Ones Who Jumped Were the Brave and the Lucky

i see what willow is saying....they were brave for taking their fate into their own hands....given the choice of dying by fire or smoke...they opted to jump...their death was instant....but they got to fly....i know that sounds so strange but they got to fly ....that is what they decided to do....the falling man did it with style....the man and woman may have been total strangers but they were holding hands....i can imagine the conversation...come with me...an extended hand....we have to jump...a hand taken....they opted not to die alone...

lucky....hard to come to terms with that one...lucky in that they did not feel the pain of the fire or the terror of the fire....

we will never know which was worse....

they had no chance of living once they jumped or fell....

i have often heard that the films of the jumpers are rarely seen due to the emotions it causes

The terror must have been unimaginable.

It's interesting how the human body and brain work. I don't remember being afraid on Sept. 11th. It was just about getting away from the dust cloud, getting in contact with my family, finding my girlfriend, and getting home safely.

The "terror" didn't come until later.

How close were you?

About 6-8 blocks away.

It was the first day of my senior year of high school, at Stuyvesant High School.

that day i would have said.....a few jumped...i was stunned by the horror of it all.....

this film shows you how many really jumped...

and now is a good time to cuss the insurance companies who tried to call it suicide

It's interesting how the human body and brain work. I don't remember being afraid on Sept. 11th. It was just about getting away from the dust cloud, getting in contact with my family, finding my girlfriend, and getting home safely.

How close were you?

About 6-8 blocks away.

It was the first day of my senior year of high school, at Stuyvesant High School.

Shit man.

I had anxiety watching it on TV, I can't even imagine....

Why do you have to make every thread about blaming Bush? You are the one that lies and whine's about big bad Bush. I'd take him back in a second! He didn't give up on Bin Ladin, he wasn't that concerned because he had people and plans in place taking care of it. But you'll believe what you're lefty media tells you so i know I'm wasting my breath on you!

This thread is about the brave people on 9-11. It's not a blame Bush thread!
Don't like it?
Tough!

because he's a fucking shithead liberal that's why.

no he is an Independent Willow....just ask him....Chris said he was too....:lol:

How close were you?

About 6-8 blocks away.

I can't imagine how that must have been for you.

i cant find a link about it....

but i remember the debate about it....i never realized so many people jumped...in reading...looking for other links i have found some interesting links saying many may simply have been blown out windows...except many were trying to make parachutes and such ....

i cant find a link about it....

but i remember the debate about it....i never realized so many people jumped...in reading...looking for other links i have found some interesting links saying many may simply have been blown out windows...except many were trying to make parachutes and such ....

I don't know how many jumped but the documentaries said those people above the impact zones all died.

and now is a good time to cuss the insurance companies who tried to call it suicide

Did that seriously happen? :mad:

I am asking that out of shear disgust..

And, if that's not bad enough, our own R congress refused for a long time to agree to pay for 9/11-related illness for the first responders.

Just like with fire or other disasters, when we're all trying to get away, they ran toward that horror. It is beyond comprehension that the R fought against helping them for such a long time that many of them died.

Then, when they did pass the bill, they disallowed the one thing that most of them got that day - cancer. So, those incredibly courageous men and women who saved so many others have been left to get whatever help they could.

Makes me furious.

BTW all you rw's who hate Jon Stewart ... he worked hard to get publicize what was happening to those people and to get pressure put on the Rs to vote to give them the help they needed.

Compared to the things they vote to pay every single day, this was but a drop in the bucket but those bastards fought against it.

I have no need to watch that video.

I was there, and saw it myself. I'm sure I'll have that image in my head for the rest of my life.

The terror must have been unimaginable.

i didn't stop crying for two weeks after. i've always wondered if i made my son more serious than he otherwise would have been b/c of those two weeks.

i'm not sure we ever really get over that stuff.

I was there, and saw it myself. I'm sure I'll have that image in my head for the rest of my life.

i wasn't there that morning. i was running late. didn't make it in to the city.

but i worked on the 44th floor of WTC while i was in law school. seeing a plane hit 10 stories above the window you used to look out of while drinking coffee is pretty weird.

i don't even like seeing the 'freedom tower'.

but i worked on the 44th floor of WTC while i was in law school. seeing a plane hit 10 stories above the window you used to look out of while drinking coffee is pretty weird.

I saw the "Freedom Tower" construction for the first time last time I visited NY, back in January. It doesn't fit into the skyline.

God Bless You!

I saw the "Freedom Tower" construction for the first time last time I visited NY, back in January. It doesn't fit into the skyline.

i agree... i think they should have built a park.

and, honestly, you couldn't pay me enough to work in that building.

i didn't let my son put stuyvesent high school on his list because of where it was located. made him apply to brooklyn tech instead.

God Bless You!

thank you. back atcha.

Forum List

Back