The Ones Who Jumped Were the Brave and the Lucky

sadly it will happen again...that is the advantage of the terrorist...they can take their time....
the thing that has always gotten to me...the terrorist had experienced the freedom of living here and rejected it....to kill themselves and others....

you have to realize they take simple things and make them weapons...the uss cole....and the towers....were done with simple weapons.....boat...planes....

and there is enough blame to go around...had anyone followed up on the students who just wanted to learn to take off...this would have been prevented

One of the documentaries explained that a little more. Some of the terrorist actually got their private pilots license. Then they went into simulators to learn to fly the jets. They didn't stay for the take off and landings just the flying. You're right that should have raised red flags. The FBI and the CIA weren't playing well together either it seems.

I'd heard some of them were at the flight training school in Battle Creek Michigan too, about 25 miles from where i live.

Willow you are so fucking stupid that you REALLY don't have a clue how bad taste your politicising that event is.

You don't have any idea how scared those people were. Calling them brave is disgusting. Calling them lucky is disgusting.

Unless you have a recorded cell phone call you can quote from one of those poor unfortunate souls stating that they were about to do the "Brave Thing" ...please shut the fuck up.

Seriously.

Willow you are so fucking stupid that you REALLY don't have a clue how bad taste your politicising that event is.

You don't have any idea how scared those people were. Calling them brave is disgusting. Calling them lucky is disgusting.

Unless you have a recorded cell phone call you can quote from one of those poor unfortunate souls stating that they were about to do the "Brave Thing" ...please shut the fuck up.

Seriously.

Fuck You Shit in your pants wearing a HUggy.. Fuck You.

I seriously could NEVER imagine the decision that these people had to make. :mad:

Shit, that had to suck. This is not very "liberal" of me, but, I hope Osama felt the most pain during his death.

I'm just wondering why anyone would want to watch that.

It was horrible enough 11 years ago.

To each his own. Everyone handles grief differently. Being somewhat "intelligent" I'm sure you've heard of that right?

Seriously.

I agree that it is incredibly tasteless to ASSSume one knows how those people felt and beyond belief that anyone would call that "lucky".

Of course, we all know that there was fire hot enough to melt steel or whatever willow said. That's not what I meant.

An early video I saw showed two women - their skirts were clearly visable - holding hands when they jumped. That is an image I'll never forget.

jeeezzzuss f krist - What does it say about us that we can't even agree about this? Or that we cannot give our own president the credit for what he did and instead have to try to give others credit.

Meanwhile, three of our borders are wide open and people bitch because they're searched before getting on airplanes.

Is there any realistic hope that some of the jumpers could have been saved/survived???

Seriously.

I agree that it is incredibly tasteless to ASSSume one knows how those people felt and beyond belief that anyone would call that "lucky".

Of course, we all know that there was fire hot enough to melt steel or whatever willow said. That's not what I meant.

An early video I saw showed two women - their skirts were clearly visable - holding hands when they jumped. That is an image I'll never forget.

jeeezzzuss f krist - What does it say about us that we can't even agree about this? Or that we cannot give our own president the credit for what he did and instead have to try to give others credit.

Meanwhile, three of our borders are wide open and people bitch because they're searched before getting on airplanes.

You could have if you hadn't been a dick and stuck you fist in our eyes while doing it. Everyone knows what you said about President Bush was a fucking lie. You've lost all credibility and no one gives a good goddamn what you think you dickhead.

I have no need to watch that video.

I was there, and saw it myself. I'm sure I'll have that image in my head for the rest of my life.

The terror must have been unimaginable.

It's interesting how the human body and brain work. I don't remember being afraid on Sept. 11th. It was just about getting away from the dust cloud, getting in contact with my family, finding my girlfriend, and getting home safely.

The "terror" didn't come until later.

Is there any realistic hope that some of the jumpers could have been saved/survived???

No.

My own brother fell 250 feet (equivalent of 25 stories) and though conscious at the scene, he seemed to feel nothing and made no sense in the words he said.

Those people fell (more or less) 100 stories. They would not even have been recognizable as human on impact.

Beyond horrible.

Last edited:

I was there, and saw it myself. I'm sure I'll have that image in my head for the rest of my life.

It's interesting how the human body and brain work. I don't remember being afraid on Sept. 11th. It was just about getting away from the dust cloud, getting in contact with my family, finding my girlfriend, and getting home safely.

How close were you?

I think none of can know what we do, feel, think at the time of such incredible tragedy but yeah, I can easily imagine that.

Something else I've thought a lot about is the plane that the passengers took control of. Not soon enough to save themselves but they all knew they were going to die and the chose to take some control of that.

Forum List

Back