The ONE big mistake that Trump acolytes on this forum keep on making....

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22134560
We both know Trump's average GDP growth to date is better.

More importantly we both don’t know what TRumpo’s average score will be since the average to date means nothing until TRUMPO is gone.

So I don’t agree that Trumpo’s 24 month average score is better than Obama’s 84 month score because I don’t see Trumpo’s going up.

I agree with how Trumpo keeps score. A better president sustains growth well above 3.0. Trumpo may do it. But right now it’s a cold hard fact that Trumpo and OBAMA ARE tied at 2.9. That’s not better.

But it shows that Trumpo’s tax cuts were a dud because they were supposed to bring in 3.5 to 4.0 GDP.

I see you can’t talk about that dud.

Toddsterpatriot, post: 2213539
An honest assessment would be Obama's 8 years compared to Trump's 2 years.

You are desperate because Trumpo is such a loser. He promised 4.0 annual GDP (single year) but cannot surpass Obama at 2,9. And. I see you are back to needing 8 years of Obama’s to include 3 qtrs of huge negative GDP to bring Obama’s average down.

8 years compared to 2 is a false equivalence because economic downturns are part of overall economic activity and that critical factor benefits the shorter period being averaged.

For example Obama had at least a few significant downturns after coming out the deepest downturn since the Great Depression.

Trumpo’s average GDP based on two years needs to be factored down from 2.55 to account for economic downturns. To not do so is dishonet because you are assuming that over six years there will be no downturns starting Q1’19 and that makes your assumption incorrect already.

Trumpo’s first downturn started after his second year and after he stimulated the economy when it was already at 2.0.

Obama started what is going to be the longest economic expansion in US history coming in July. That’ will be 10 years and counting.

And the freaking math idiot that you are wants to average 7.25 years of Obama with three economic downturns and compare it to two years of Trumpo with one economic downturn just underway and not knowing the depth and length of the current downturn,

You are an idiot. There is no other word
for committing such ignorant words to home screens time and time again.

Trumpo's best year compared to Obama’s best year is a tie at 2.9 percent gdp growth. That is not better.

Obama has 24 months that compares honestly to Trumpo’s with 24 months of ups and downs included. Obama wins that hands down.

Thus Obama is better when apples to apples is used. I go by that.

When you add two pears to eight apples you think you get 10 pearapples.

You are an idiot. I hope you continue to prove that.

Toddsterpatriot, post: 2213539
An honest assessment would be Obama's 8 years compared to Trump's 2 years.

You are desperate because Trumpo is such a loser. He promised 4.0 annual GDP (single year) but cannot surpass Obama at 2,9. And. I see you are back to needing 8 years of Obama’s to include 3 qtrs of huge negative GDP to bring Obama’s average down.

8 years compared to 2 is a false equivalence because economic downturns are part of overall economic activity and that critical factor benefits the shorter period being averaged.

For example Obama had at least a few significant downturns after coming out the deepest downturn since the Great Depression.

Trumpo’s average GDP based on two years needs to be factored down from 2.55 to account for economic downturns. To not do so is dishonet because you are assuming that over six years there will be no downturns starting Q1’19 and that makes your assumption incorrect already.

Trumpo’s first downturn started after his second year and after he stimulated the economy when it was already at 2.0.

Obama started what is going to be the longest economic expansion in US history coming in July. That’ will be 10 years and counting.

And the freaking math idiot that you are wants to average 7.25 years of Obama with three economic downturns and compare it to two years of Trumpo with one economic downturn just underway and not knowing the depth and length of the current downturn,

You are an idiot. There is no other word
for committing such ignorant words to home screens time and time again.

Trumpo's best year compared to Obama’s best year is a tie at 2.9 percent gdp growth. That is not better.

Obama has 24 months that compares honestly to Trumpo’s with 24 months of ups and downs included. Obama wins that hands down.

Thus Obama is better when apples to apples is used. I go by that.

When you add two pears to eight apples you think you get 10 pearapples.

You are an idiot. I hope you continue to prove that.

You are desperate

Say the guy who keeps whining that it's not fair to look at Obama's "weakest recovery since WWII".

I see you are back to needing 8 years of Obama’s to include 3 qtrs of huge negative GDP to bring Obama’s average down.

Well, if you're too scared to post his performance without those 3 quarters......

8 years compared to 2 is a false equivalence because

Because it would prove Trump's GDP growth is higher.

You should whine some more, you're good at it.

Somehow (being poorly educated as Trump clearly stated about his followers).....cult members on this forum make the mistake of "thinking" that the obvious majority of right wingers on here represents ALL of America.....of course, they're clearly wrong.

If there still exists some semblance of rationale among this right wing ilk, they should ask themselves what ARE the chances that someone like Trump could get re-elected in such states as Ohio, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and a few others....where there has been more than half a million factory workers are now working part-time, menial jobs having had those industries closed???

Sure, working one or two and even three part-time jobs makes one "employed".......but reality that Trump's promises were based on demagoguery has finally materialized.

Meh, you actually think that all
your bull shit represents reality.

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22136347

I notice you cant finish my reply after I mention ‘because’ .

You are a liar because 2 years of Trumpo does not prove Trumpo’s GDP growth is higher and will be higher than the recorded 8 years of Obama. Tell me what Trumpo’s average GDP will be if he manages to stay in office six more years.

What we have right now at this point in time is two consecutive years of Obama that can be compared to two consecutive years of TrumpO and Obama beats Trump fair and square. No unknowns.

When there are four years of Trumpo on the books we can compare to four years of Obama.

Apples to Apples moron.

Why compare based on six years that have not happened yet on Trumpo’s part if at all. You make absolutely no sense.

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22136347

I notice you cant finish my reply after I mention ‘because’ .

You are a liar because 2 years of Trumpo does not prove Trumpo’s GDP growth is higher and will be higher than the recorded 8 years of Obama. Tell me what Trumpo’s average GDP will be if he manages to stay in office six more years.

What we have right now at this point in time is two consecutive years of Obama that can be compared to two consecutive years of TrumpO and Obama beats Trump fair and square. No unknowns.

When there are four years of Trumpo on the books we can compare to four years of Obama.

Apples to Apples moron.

Why compare based on six years that have not happened yet on Trumpo’s part if at all. You make absolutely no sense.

You are a liar because 2 years of Trumpo does not prove Trumpo’s GDP growth is higher and will be higher than the recorded 8 years of Obama.

Since I've never claimed 8 years of Trump's growth will be higher than 8 years of Obama, you're a liar.

I am curious how Trump's 8 years will compare, so why don't you calculate Obama's 8 year performance
and post it here, so we can agree on the number Trump needs to beat?

If you weren't a pussy, we could compare Trump's average to Obama's average now.

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22138323
Since I've never claimed 8 years of Trump's growth will be higher than 8 years of Obama, you're a liar.

I have never said you said that, liar.

Since you are citing Trumpo’s two year average as higher/better than Obama’s two term 7 year average, you are lying. It is a lie because 3/4 of Trumpo’s average is unknown.

As I’ve said many times - we do have two years of Trumpo and two years of Obama on the books. When 2014 and 2015 are compared to 2017 and 2018 Obama’s average GDP is higher than your struggling Trumpo.

When 2018 is compared to 2015 the two president’s are tied.

Either way no true calculation places Trump0 better than Obama on average GDP growth.

Your claim ‘better so far’ is a lie - because Trumpo’s average up to now a is not a true 8 year average number. It is a two year average number. That is a FACT.

Get your head out of Trumpi’s ass and think about it.

Last edited:
Toddsterpatriot, post: 22138323

The never said you said that, liar.

Since you are citing Trumpo’s two year average as higher/better than Obama’s two term 7 year average, you are lying. It is a lie because 3/4 of Trumpo’s average is unknown.

As I’ve said many times - we do have two years of Trumpo and two years of Obama on the books. When 2014 and 2015 are compared to 2017 and 2018 Obama’s average GDP is higher than your struggling Trumpo.

When 2018 is compared to 2015 the two president’s are tied.

Either way no true calculation places Trump0 better than Obama on average GDP growth.

Your claim ‘better so far’ is a lie - because Trumpo’s average up to now a is not a true 8 year average number. It is a two year average number. That is a FACT.

Get your head out of Trumpi’s ass and think about it.

As I’ve said many times - we do have two years of Trumpo and two years of Obama on the books.

Exactly. And over Trump's two years, his average GDP growth has been higher that Obama's over his eight years. Or over Obama's 29 quarters. Even if the math makes you cry.

Your claim ‘better so far’ is a lie - because Trumpo’s average up to now a is not a true 8 year average number.

No one said Trump's 2 years were 8 years, moron.

Great. So what's Obama's average GDP growth?

It is a two year average number. That is a FACT.

Which is better than Obozo's eight year average number. That is a FACT.

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22139814
As I’ve said many times - we do have two years of Trumpo and two years of Obama on the books.

Exactly. And over Trump's two years, his average GDP growth has been higher that Obama's over his eight years.

Bush’s 8 years GDP avg, full term, is way higher than Obama’s.

Bush average is 2.2%. 2001 through 2008.
Obama average is 1.6% 2009 through 2016

Keep that in mind.

You say that “over Trump's two years, his average GDP growth has been higher than Obama's over his eight years” which is mathematically correct. Your lie however is your claim that such reckless math proves that Trumpo’s two years make him better on the economy than Obama was for 8 years.

Unlike you I can explain why. And I’ll refer to the Bush Obama comparison. So it is a mathematical fact that Bush’s 2.2 is higher than Obama’s 1.6 but only the biggest liars like you would possibly say that Bush43 was better on the economy than Obama.

Are you saying that?

Will you answer the following?

Did Bush leave a better economy to Obama than the one he inherited? Did Obama leave a better economy to Trumpo than the one he inherited. Who had the better average GDP? Bush or Obama.

I say Obama has the better GDP growth although not higher than Bush’s GDP BECAUSE it moved in the right direction for the entirety of his watch.

Trumpo on the other hand is a failure based on his own standard. It looks quite clear that he will be the second president that failed to have a full year over 3.0 GDP growth.

Which direction is Trumpo’s GDP moving?

Last edited:
Toddsterpatriot, post: 22139814

Exactly. And over Trump's two years, his average GDP growth has been higher that Obama's over his eight years.

Bush’s 8 years, full term, is way higher than Obama’s.

Bush average is 2.2%. 2001 through 2008.

Keep that in mind.

You say that “over Trump's two years, his average GDP growth has been higher than Obama's over his eight years” which is mathematically correct. Your lie however is your claim that such reckless math proves that Trumpo’s two years make him better on the economy than Obama was for 8 years.

Unlike you I can explain why. And I’ll refer to the Bush Obama comparison. So it is a mathematical fact that Bush’s 2.2 is higher than Obama’s 1.6 but only the biggest liars like you would possibly say that Bush43 was better on the economy than Bush.

Are you saying that?

Will you answer the following?

Did Bush leave a better economy to Obama than the one he inherited? Did Obama leave a better economy to Trumpo than the one he inherited. Who had the better average GDP? Bush or Obama.

I say Obama has the better GDP growth although not higher than Bush’s GDP BECAUSE it moved in the right direction for the entirety of his watch.

Trumpo on the other hand is a failure based on his own standard. It looks quite clear that he will be the second president that failed have a full year of over 3.0 GDP Growth.

Now how difficult was that? Thanks.

You say that “over Trump's two years, his average GDP growth has been higher than Obama's over his eight years” which is mathematically correct.

Excellent. Because that's all I was saying.

Your lie however is your claim that such reckless math proves that Trumpo’s two years make him better on the economy than Obama was for 8 years.

Well, it's obvious that Obama had a weak recovery. His regulatory overreach and open
hatred for capitalism and capitalists didn't help. Trump's roll-back of regulations and his tax cuts
do make him better on the economy.
So it is a mathematical fact that Bush’s 2.2 is higher than Obama’s 1.6

I'd always seen that their performance was a lot closer, almost identical.
You have a link to these numbers?
Did Bush leave a better economy to Obama than the one he inherited?

Is this stupid question day?
Did Obama leave a better economy to Trumpo than the one he inherited.

Wow! Deja vu.
Which direction was Obozo’s GDP moving at the end of 2013?

upload_2019-4-4_19-40-33.png

OR maybe YOU should 'go watch' FOX news that way you'd maybe know some real facts.

Fox News Is NOT News: Network's Own Ads Label Its Programming As ...

HA HA DailyKos!! From your link: With regard to a Tucker Carlson promotion:

"On the Fox News website they posted ads to draw viewers to the new prime time program under an unusual category heading: Entertainment."

Well Carlson is an opinion show.

The DK uses this to tell a complete lie...

"That's right. Even Fox News doesn't consider their programs to be news."

Taking one obvious opinion program and saying every thing on that network is not news, what kind of idiot falls for that?

Oh yeah...Nat....

In the meanwhile everything on CNN, MSNBC and the MSN is opinion disguised as reporting and folks like Nat drink it like mother's milk. DailyKOS......Bwaaahaaaa!!

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22140697,

You say that “over Trump's two years, his average GDP growth has been higher than Obama's over his eight years” which is mathematically correct.

Excellent. Because that's all I was saying.

Liar.

You said Trumpo has done better than Obama based on 90 months average GDP compared to 24 months average GDP.

Higher Average GDP does not necessarily mean better. Trumpo’s half way average does not make him better or worse than Obama on GDP.

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22126262,

Trump has done better than Obama. Post Obama's 29 quarter average, you'll see.

Did you say this or did you not:

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22095622
Compare a full years growth to a full years growth. I'll even let you leave out 2009.
Trumpo and Obama are tied at 2.9. Thats the truth.

Q3 ‘14 to Q2 ‘14, full year Obama’s GDP growth is higher than TRUMPO.

Do you keep your word or was that offer a lie

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22086306
Wow. He really sucked when it comes to the economy, eh?

When Trumpo fails to achieve 3.0 annual GDP will you say this about the Great White Hope President too.

Trump is falling way behind Reagan’s high GDP numbers too.

"Obama changed the definition of "unemployed" in 2010. As a result, official "unemployment" figures have been in free fall since then. The numbers are as fake under Trump as they were under Obama. AMERICANS NEED JOBS. STOP IMMIGRATION." - Coulter

there's another mistake!

If this were an election determined solely by economic fundamentals, the incumbent would be on the ropes

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22134560
We both know Trump's average GDP growth to date is better.

More importantly we both don’t know what TRumpo’s average score will be since the average to date means nothing until TRUMPO is gone.

So I don’t agree that Trumpo’s 24 month average score is better than Obama’s 84 month score because I don’t see Trumpo’s going up.

I agree with how Trumpo keeps score. A better president sustains growth well above 3.0. Trumpo may do it. But right now it’s a cold hard fact that Trumpo and OBAMA ARE tied at 2.9. That’s not better.

But it shows that Trumpo’s tax cuts were a dud because they were supposed to bring in 3.5 to 4.0 GDP.

I see you can’t talk about that dud.
This shit again? First and foremost, GDP was negative 8.4%. That’s the second worst quarter in all of the BEA’s tracking of quarterly GDP which dates back some 70+ years. So yes, of course that also weighed down the average GDP under Obama which was not due to his policies.

https://www.bea.gov/system/files/2019-03/gdpchg.xls

But regardless of that, real GDP still performed better under Obama than Bush...

2000-Q4: 13260.5
2008-Q4: 15328.0 - 15.6% growth under Bush
2016-Q4: 17784.2 - 16.0% growth under Obama

https://www.bea.gov/system/files/2019-03/gdplev.xlsx

Somehow (being poorly educated as Trump clearly stated about his followers).....cult members on this forum make the mistake of "thinking" that the obvious majority of right wingers on here represents ALL of America.....of course, they're clearly wrong.

If there still exists some semblance of rationale among this right wing ilk, they should ask themselves what ARE the chances that someone like Trump could get re-elected in such states as Ohio, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and a few others....where there has been more than half a million factory workers are now working part-time, menial jobs having had those industries closed???

Sure, working one or two and even three part-time jobs makes one "employed".......but reality that Trump's promises were based on demagoguery has finally materialized.
Here in Ohio, a steel company has been spending a lot of money to flood the local TV airwaves with ads offering living wage jobs with a guaranteed income $55k to 90k/yr.

I have never seen anything like that before in my life. It is a testament to the very strong job market. Jeep is retooling to go full bore building their new pickup trucks. Everybody who wants a job can get a job.

Here in Ohio, our reality is very different than your fantasy. The job market has been getting much stronger ever since the clean sweep election. Especially in the last couple of years.

Last edited:
Faun, post: 22141242, member: 33829"]

2008-Q4: 15328.0 - 15.6% growth Bush
2016-Q4: 17784.2 - 16.0% growth Obama
2018-Q4: 18765.3 - 5.52% growth Trumpo

Thanks Faun. I like your method.

Toddster wants to compare average GDP 24 months under Trumpo to 84 - 96 months under Obama as the measure of which President is better. Of course I’ve been telling the idiot that that is hogwash.

This Trumpo cult member offered to throw out 2009 and compare a full year to full year so I gave him Q3’ 2014 to Q2 2015. That was Obama’s best year of average gdp growth and it was higher than Trumpo in 2018, his best year.

Hearing that, Mr. Toddster then claimed he never made this offer:

Compare a full years growth to a full years growth. I'll even let you leave out 2009.

And then he went back to demanding comparing 24 Months Trumpo to 80 - 90 months Obama. Cult rule or something.

I then brought up that using average GDP is not best method to judge best presidents on the economy.

Another major point I learned in this exercise in dealing with an idiot Trumpo rube is that Trumpo tore into Obama’s economic record at a rally in 2016 declaring Obama was anemic because of the actual fact that Obama is the first president to fail to achieve a full year GDP growth above 3.0.

Lo and behold Trumpo, tax cuts for the rich, and all, TRUMPO has failed to break above 3.0 his anemic effing self.

Obama hit 2.9 in 2015 and Trumpo did the same in 2018. Trumpo ain’t going up from here to his finish line two years from now. That’s quite certain he will be the second president never to have surpassed 3.0 for a full year.

Toddster misses the hilarious significance of that.

You can bring an idiot to a classroom but you can’t make him smart.

Hopefully this finally shuts down Mr Toddster’s long standing trashing of Obama and glorification of the Great WHITE Again HOPE President Trumpo.

Trumpo can’t surpass Bush or Obama on GDP growth measured your way unless he serves eight years. And then its not certain because we all know that a recession is all but due following Obama’s soon to be first place record expansion in US history.

So thanks Faun. I hope this works.

Last edited:
Faun, post: 22141242, member: 33829"]

Thanks Faun. I like your method.

Toddster wants to compare average GDP 24 months under Trumpo to 84 - 96 months under Obama as the measure of which President is better. Of course I’ve been telling the idiot that that is hogwash.

This Trumpo cult member offered to throw out 2009 and compare a full year to full year so I gave him Q3’ 2014 to Q3 2015. That was Obama’s best year of average gdp growth and it was higher than Trumpo in 2018, his best year.

Hearing that Mr. Toddster claimed he never made this offer:

And then he went back to demanding comparing 24 Months Trumpo to 80 - 90 months Obama. Cult rule or something.

I then brought up that using average GDP is not best method best presidents on the economy.

Another major point I learned in this exercise in dealing with an idiot Trumpo rube is that Trumpo tore into Obama’s economic record at a rally in 2016 declaring Obama was anemic because of the actual fact that Obama is the first president to fail to achieve a full year GDP growth above 3.0.

Lo and behold Trumpo, tax cuts for the rich, and all TRUMPO has failed to break above 3.0 his anemic effing self,

Obama hit 2.9 in 2015 and Trumpo did the same in 2018. Trumpo ain’t going up from here to his finish line two years from now. That’s quite certain he will be the second president never to have surpassed 3.0 for a full year.

Toddster misses the hilarious significance if that.

You can bring an idiot to a classroom but you can’t make him smart.

Hopefully this finally shuts down Mr Toddster’s long standing trashing of Obama and glorification of the Great WHITE Again Hooe President Trumpo.

Trumpo can’t surpass Bush or Obama on GDP growth measured your way unless he serves eight years. And then its not certain because we all know that a recession is all but due following Obama’s soon to be first place record expansion in US history.

So thanks Faun. I hope this works.

Trump's legacy will bury Obama's. Despite your obvious fantasies.

Forum List

Back