The ONE big mistake that Trump acolytes on this forum keep on making....

Faun, post: 22141242, member: 33829"]
2000-Q4: 13260.5
2008-Q4: 15328.0 - 15.6% growth under Bush
2016-Q4: 17784.2 - 16.0% growth under Obama

https://www.bea.gov/system/files/2019-03/gdplev.xlsx

2008-Q4: 15328.0 - 15.6% growth Bush
2016-Q4: 17784.2 - 16.0% growth Obama
2018-Q4: 18765.3 - 5.52% growth Trumpo

Thanks Faun. I like your method.

Toddster wants to compare average GDP 24 months under Trumpo to 84 - 96 months under Obama as the measure of which President is better. Of course Iā€™ve been telling the idiot that that is hogwash.

This Trumpo cult member offered to throw out 2009 and compare a full year to full year so I gave him Q3ā€™ 2014 to Q3 2015. That was Obamaā€™s best year of average gdp growth and it was higher than Trumpo in 2018, his best year.

Hearing that Mr. Toddster claimed he never made this offer:

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22095622
Compare a full years growth to a full years growth. I'll even let you leave out 2009.

And then he went back to demanding comparing 24 Months Trumpo to 80 - 90 months Obama. Cult rule or something.

I then brought up that using average GDP is not best method best presidents on the economy.

Another major point I learned in this exercise in dealing with an idiot Trumpo rube is that Trumpo tore into Obamaā€™s economic record at a rally in 2016 declaring Obama was anemic because of the actual fact that Obama is the first president to fail to achieve a full year GDP growth above 3.0.

Lo and behold Trumpo, tax cuts for the rich, and all TRUMPO has failed to break above 3.0 his anemic effing self,

Obama hit 2.9 in 2015 and Trumpo did the same in 2018. Trumpo ainā€™t going up from here to his finish line two years from now. Thatā€™s quite certain he will be the second president never to have surpassed 3.0 for a full year.

Toddster misses the hilarious significance if that.

You can bring an idiot to a classroom but you canā€™t make him smart.

Hopefully this finally shuts down Mr Toddsterā€™s long standing trashing of Obama and glorification of the Great WHITE Again Hooe President Trumpo.

Trumpo canā€™t surpass Bush or Obama on GDP growth measured your way unless he serves eight years. And then its not certain because we all know that a recession is all but due following Obamaā€™s soon to be first place record expansion in US history.

So thanks Faun. I hope this works.

Trump's legacy will bury Obama's. Despite your obvious fantasies.
And heā€™s going to do that by not having a calendar year where GDP exceeds 3%?

Somehow (being poorly educated as Trump clearly stated about his followers).....cult members on this forum make the mistake of "thinking" that the obvious majority of right wingers on here represents ALL of America.....of course, they're clearly wrong.

If there still exists some semblance of rationale among this right wing ilk, they should ask themselves what ARE the chances that someone like Trump could get re-elected in such states as Ohio, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and a few others....where there has been more than half a million factory workers are now working part-time, menial jobs having had those industries closed???

Sure, working one or two and even three part-time jobs makes one "employed".......but reality that Trump's promises were based on demagoguery has finally materialized.
Here in Ohio, a steel company has been spending a lot of money to flood the local TV airwaves with ads offering living wage jobs with a guaranteed income $55k to 90k/yr.

I have never seen anything like that before in my life. It is a testament to the very strong job market. Jeep is retooling to go full bore building their new pickup trucks. Everybody who wants a job can get a job.

Here in Ohio, our reality is very different than your fantasy. The job market has been getting much stronger ever since the clean sweep election. Especially in the last couple of years.

Nationally new job growth under Trumpo is currently quite aways below Obama. Thatā€™s the reality.

Iā€™m a Buckeye and am happy for economic good news for the home of the Browns and Buckeyes

Donā€™t forget in the midst of crisis Romney penned an op-ed in favor of letting Jeep (the Big Three) go bankrupt. Obama saved ā€˜em.

And Romney lied about Jeep during his campaign four years later. I recall something about that.

Faun, post: 22141663

Toddster wants to compare average GDP 24 months under Trumpo to 84 - 96 months under Obama as the measure of which President is better. Of course Iā€™ve been telling the idiot that that is hogwash.

This Trumpo cult member offered to throw out 2009 and compare a full year to full year so I gave him Q3ā€™ 2014 to Q3 2015. That was Obamaā€™s best year of average gdp growth and it was higher than Trumpo in 2018, his best year.

Compare a full years growth to a full years growth. I'll even let you leave out 2009.

And then he went back to demanding comparing 24 Months Trumpo to 80 - 90 months Obama. Cult rule or something.

I then brought up that using average GDP is not best method best presidents on the economy.

Another major point I learned in this exercise in dealing with an idiot Trumpo rube is that Trumpo tore into Obamaā€™s economic record at a rally in 2016 declaring Obama was anemic because of the actual fact that Obama is the first president to fail to achieve a full year GDP growth above 3.0.

Lo and behold Trumpo, tax cuts for the rich, and all TRUMPO has failed to break above 3.0 his anemic effing self,

Obama hit 2.9 in 2015 and Trumpo did the same in 2018. Trumpo ainā€™t going up from here to his finish line two years from now. Thatā€™s quite certain he will be the second president never to have surpassed 3.0 for a full year.

Hopefully this finally shuts down Mr Toddsterā€™s long standing trashing of Obama and glorification of the Great WHITE Again Hooe President Trumpo.

Trumpo canā€™t surpass Bush or Obama on GDP growth measured your way unless he serves eight years. And then its not certain because we all know that a recession is all but due following Obamaā€™s soon to be first place record expansion in US history.

I mentioned what Trumpo and the economy is doing to benefit Obamaā€™s legacy. Here;

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22130484

But we know right now what Trumpo said and we know Trumpo has done no better than Obama

You're lying. We do know Trump has done better.

What is the lie? I quoted Trumpo and provided the source. He said it. No lie there. Trumpā€™s measure of ā€˜betterā€™ is achieving 3.0 annual GDP in a single year, because Trumpo pointed out Obama is the first President who ever failed to achieve that mark.

Obama hit 2.9 growth in 2015. Its a fact. No lie there.

Trumpo hit 2.9 growth in 2018. Itā€™s a fact. No lie.

Now ā€œwe knowā€ those facts and you want us to believe 2.9 is better than 2.9.

And Trumpo is only half way through his term. He may not get a second. Four quarters above 3.0 gdp is not impossible but itā€™s not looking good. Trumpo will be the second president who failed to score a single year above 3.0 GDP.

So you are lying when declare Trumpo better on GDP than Obama since you donā€™t know Trumpoā€™s final numbers.

And Obama has a better GDP over two years than Trumpo. I donā€™t insist Obama is better because of that. So far the economic record is as close to a tie as we will see.

I recognize truth.

I believe the economists and business leaders and the Fed for that matter. Average 2.5 GDP Growth per year is the new norm. Reaganā€™s high numbers are long gone and no longer achievable due to structural changes to economic conditions over the decades.

And Trumpo will be the living proof that he and all his rabid Obama haters were wrong about Obama being weak on the economy,

Obama set the course for the longest expansion in US history and the largest recovery from a recession since the Great Depression.

Trumpoā€™s failure to surpass Obama even with huge tax cuts to put wind in the economic sails genuinely benefits Obamaā€™s legacy. Does nothing for a one term Trumpo.

I recognize truth.

I believe the economists and business leaders and the Fed for that matter. Average 2.5 GDP Growth per year is the new norm. Reaganā€™s high numbers are long gone and no longer achievable due to structural changes to economic conditions over the decades.

And Trumpo will be the living proof that he and all his rabid Obama haters were wrong about Obama being weak on the economy,

Obama set the course for the longest expansion in US history and the largest recovery from a recession since the Great Depression.

Trumpoā€™s failure to surpass Obama ( ANNUAL GDP GROWTH above 2.9) even with huge tax cuts to put wind in the economic sails genuinely benefits Obamaā€™s legacy. Does nothing for a one term TrumpO,

Somehow (being poorly educated as Trump clearly stated about his followers).....cult members on this forum make the mistake of "thinking" that the obvious majority of right wingers on here represents ALL of America.....of course, they're clearly wrong.

If there still exists some semblance of rationale among this right wing ilk, they should ask themselves what ARE the chances that someone like Trump could get re-elected in such states as Ohio, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and a few others....where there has been more than half a million factory workers are now working part-time, menial jobs having had those industries closed???

Sure, working one or two and even three part-time jobs makes one "employed".......but reality that Trump's promises were based on demagoguery has finally materialized.
Here in Ohio, a steel company has been spending a lot of money to flood the local TV airwaves with ads offering living wage jobs with a guaranteed income $55k to 90k/yr.

I have never seen anything like that before in my life. It is a testament to the very strong job market. Jeep is retooling to go full bore building their new pickup trucks. Everybody who wants a job can get a job.

Here in Ohio, our reality is very different than your fantasy. The job market has been getting much stronger ever since the clean sweep election. Especially in the last couple of years.

Nationally new job growth under Trumpo is currently quite aways below Obama. Thatā€™s the reality.

Iā€™m a Buckeye and am happy for economic good news for the home of the Browns and Buckeyes

Donā€™t forget in the midst of crisis Romney penned an op-ed in favor of letting Jeep (the Big Three) go bankrupt. Obama saved ā€˜em.

And Romney lied about Jeep during his campaign four years later. I recall something about that.
:rolleyes:

Romney isn't the POTUS, jackass.

BC7DE9A9-5737-421F-B603-259F36DB7EF8.png
Romney isn't the POTUS, jackass.

Same Party.

Itā€™s kind of odd that you did not see the higher jumps in GDP IN 2011 2014 that you did manage to see at the end of 2017

Ohioā€™s economy was not flat under Obama.

Trumpo didnā€™t pass his stimulus until December 2017. Most of 2017 is Obamaā€™s.

I mentioned what Trumpo and the economy is doing to benefit Obamaā€™s legacy. Here;

But we know right now what Trumpo said and we know Trumpo has done no better than Obama

What is the lie? I quoted Trumpo and provided the source. He said it. No lie there. Trumpā€™s measure of ā€˜betterā€™ is achieving 3.0 annual GDP in a single year, because Trumpo pointed out Obama is the first President who ever failed to achieve that mark.

Now ā€œwe knowā€ those facts and you want us to believe 2.9 is better than 2.9.

And Trumpo is only half way through his term. He may not get a second. Four quarters above 3.0 gdp is not impossible but itā€™s not looking good. Trumpo will be the second president who failed to score a single year above 3.0 GDP.

So you are lying when declare Trumpo better on GDP than Obama since you donā€™t know Trumpoā€™s final numbers.

And Obama has a better GDP over two years than Trumpo. I donā€™t insist Obama is better because of that. So far the economic record is as close to a tie as we will see.

I recognize truth.

Trumpoā€™s failure to surpass Obama even with huge tax cuts to put wind in the economic sails genuinely benefits Obamaā€™s legacy. Does nothing for a one term Trumpo.

I recognize truth.

Trumpoā€™s failure to surpass Obama ( ANNUAL GDP GROWTH above 2.9) even with huge tax cuts to put wind in the economic sails genuinely benefits Obamaā€™s legacy. Does nothing for a one term TrumpO,
Under Obama, the average unemployment rate was over 7%, jackass.

Us workers in Ohio know that you party of slavery supporting jackasslickers are full of shit.

Under Obama, the average unemployment rate was over 7%, jackass.

What was it January 2017?
After the Republicans took the House, Senate and a litany of state governments, Obama couldn't hurt the US economy nearly as bad as he wanted to.

A huge win for the USA was when Republicans prevented Obama from implementing the party of slavery's CO2 cap&trade scam.

Obama landed some really hard body shots on the American people, but he couldn't land that final blow that would have turned the USA into a third world hellhole. We dodged his bullet in the nick of time.

Obama is the posterboy for why the US Constitution requires that the president must be a natural born citizen.

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22140697,

You say that ā€œover Trump's two years, his average GDP growth has been higher than Obama's over his eight yearsā€ which is mathematically correct.

Excellent. Because that's all I was saying.

Liar.

You said Trumpo has done better than Obama based on 90 months average GDP compared to 24 months average GDP.

Higher Average GDP does not necessarily mean better. Trumpoā€™s half way average does not make him better or worse than Obama on GDP.

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22126262,

Trump has done better than Obama. Post Obama's 29 quarter average, you'll see.

Did you say this or did you not:

Trumpo and Obama are tied at 2.9. Thats the truth.

Q3 ā€˜14 to Q2 ā€˜14, full year Obamaā€™s GDP growth is higher than TRUMPO.

Do you keep your word or was that offer a lie

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22086306
Wow. He really sucked when it comes to the economy, eh?

When Trumpo fails to achieve 3.0 annual GDP will you say this about the Great White Hope President too.

Trump is falling way behind Reaganā€™s high GDP numbers too.

You said Trumpo has done better than Obama based on 90 months average GDP compared to 24 months average GDP.

Obviously he has.

Higher Average GDP does not necessarily mean better.

Higher Average GDP means Higher Average GDP. Higher is better than lower.

Did you say this or did you not: Compare a full years growth to a full years growth. I'll even let you leave out 2009.

I did, because you were whining about the unfairness of Obama having a recession until June 2009.
So instead of comparing 2009-2010 to 2017-2018, I was willing to compare Trump's two years to Obama's
Q4 2009-Q3 2011. Or 2010-2011.

I didn't say take Obama's best year, or take Obama's best two years.
I was talking about taking Obama's first two years versus Trump's first two years.

When Trumpo fails to achieve 3.0 annual GDP will you say this about the Great White Hope President too.

Failing to hit 3.0% would, of course, be a disappointment.
It's possible, even if that happens, that Trump would have a better average than Obama.
Only time will tell. If that does not occur, you, of course, are free to return and say, "Obama had the weakest recovery since WWII, but now Trump's average GDP is lower".

You're ignorant of the facts.
2 steel mills in two towns near by, that were damn near extinct because of steel mill closings thanks to Clinton, are back up and running thanks to Trump. Oil and gas (that has always been here) but was ignored by Obama in favor of Iran, is flowing freely thanks to Trump. We love our bonus and royalty checks.
Ohio belongs to Trump in 2020.

I recognize truth.

I recognize truth.

Who the fuck is ā€œTrumpo?ā€

Where do you live? Who is ā€œTrumpo?ā€

All I have to do is look at the the women that Bill Clinton and Barack obama wake up with and the woman that Trump wakes up with. The left loves ugly. It really is that simple.

I don't find Melania all that attractive, sorry. Eyes are too close together. Freaky looking. She's Helen of Troy compared to the slab of Orange jello she's married to, however.

I recognize truth.

I recognize truth.

I'm sure if you ponder on it for a half of a second, you'll figure it out.

Faun, post: 22141242, member: 33829"] 2000-Q4: 13260.5

I recognize truth.

I recognize truth.

Why canā€™t you just tell us? Who the fuck is this ā€œTrumpo?ā€ Your invisible playmate?

I recognize truth.

I recognize truth.

Why canā€™t you just tell us? Who the fuck is this ā€œTrumpo?ā€ Your invisible playmate?

:itsok: Keep trying, you'll get there.

All I have to do is look at the the women that Bill Clinton and Barack obama wake up with and the woman that Trump wakes up with. The left loves ugly. It really is that simple.

I don't find Melania all that attractive, sorry. Eyes are too close together. Freaky looking. She's Helen of Troy compared to the slab of Orange jello she's married to, however.
Compared to Moochelle and Hillary, she's a goddess.

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22142292,
Did you say this or did you not: Compare a full years growth to a full years growth. I'll even let you leave out 2009.

I did, because you were whining about the unfairness of Obama having a recession until June 2009.
So instead of comparing 2009-2010 to 2017-2018, I was willing to compare Trump's two years to Obama's

I was talking about taking Obama's first two years versus Trump's first two years.

No, you said ā€œCompare a full years growth to a full years growth. I'll even let you leave out 2009ā€

That is exactly what you said.

You are ok with taking TrumpOā€™s best full year but wonā€™t accept Obamaā€™s best full year for comparison.

Why canā€™t Trumpoā€™s best full year clobber Obamaā€™s best full year? Nothing unfair for chickenshit TruMpO. Why are you making TrUMPO run and hide?

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22142292,

No, you said ā€œCompare a full years growth to a full years growth. I'll even let you leave out 2009ā€

You are ok with taking TrumpOā€™s best full year but wonā€™t accept Obamaā€™s best full year for comparison.

Why canā€™t Trumpoā€™s best full year clobber Obamaā€™s best full year? Nothing unfair for chickenshit TruMpO. Why are you making TrUMPO run and hide?

Yup. So are you leaving out 3 or 4 quarters of 2009?

I wanted to compare Trump's first 2 years with Obama's first 2 years.....

But since you've already said Obama's average was 1.6%, you can stop running away.

America's energy boom revives Ohio's steel industry
By Scott Tong

86435034.jpg

The Severstal Wheeling Steel Mill in Steubenville, Ohio. - Rick Gershon/Getty Images

October 23, 2012 | 8:00 AM. booming domestic oil and gas drilling. Energy companies need steel pipe. So steel giants are investing an estimated billion dollars in mills in Youngstown, Lorain and Canton.

October 2012

an estimated billion dollars in mills in Youngstown, Lorain and Canton.

October 2012

BOOMING OIL AND GAS DRILLING

October 2012

Obama was President

October 2012

The Irish Ram, post: 22144537
You're ignorant of the facts.
2 steel mills in two towns near by, that were damn near extinct because of steel mill closings thanks to Clinton, are back up and running thanks to Trump. Oil and gas (that has always been here) but was ignored by Obama in favor of Iran, is flowing freely thanks to Trump. We love our bonus and royalty checks.
Ohio belongs to Trump in 2020.

You say, ā€œOil and gas (that has always been here) but was ignored by Obama in favor of Iran, is flowing freely thanks to Trump.ā€

Look at the date of this report:

America's energy boom revives Ohio's steel industry
By Scott Tong

October 23, 2012 | 8:00 AMbooming domestic oil and gas drilling. Energy companies need steel pipe. So steel giants are investing an estimated billion dollars in mills in Youngstown, Lorain and Canton.

At the Timken steel company's Faircrest facility in Canton, Vice President Tom Moline gazes proudly upon a big hole in the ground. "It will be the largest jumbo-bloomcaster in the world," he says.

Translation: "This machine is going to be a monster," Moline says. "It will be the tallest structure in Stark County when it's done. And I believe the depth of this pit is close to the average depth of Lake Erie."

Timken is building a next-generation steel plant, in large part because oil and gas companies need pipe for drilling: in the Gulf, in North Dakota, Texas, and right here under Ohio's buckeye trees.ā€

When will you stop lying about Obama - Jesus give it a rest.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back