The Old City Jerusalem Plan

David2004

Jan 15, 2004
Without solving the problems surrounding the Old City Jerusalem there will not be any peace plan that will hold up over time. The fact of the matter is that any peace plan that is fair and balance will not be agreeable to both sides and will have to be imposed, implemented and enforced. The Israelis have gained a nation at the expense of the Palestinian people who are the victims in this conflict. The Palestinian people must be compensated for their losses and the Israelis must have security within their nation. The fruits that peace will bring to the people in the Holy Land will change things for the better in the whole world.

Peace will bring tourists from all over the world to the Holy Land. The dollars brought in by tourism will create a viable economy for the people of the region. In the quest of peace and security of the region the Old City of Jerusalem is the key. As stated in United Nations Resolution 181 the Old City of Jerusalem would become an International City separate from the Jewish and Palestinian state. With so many important religious sites to the Christians, Muslims, and Jewish people it is important that neutrality and security is maintained for all people in the in the Old City of Jerusalem.

Going into the Old City of Jerusalem is a religious learning experience for almost anyone. This should be the ground for peace and learning about the religious cultures and philosophy of others. A University named ?Religious University of the World? {RUW} should be built in the vicinity of the boarder of the Old City of Jerusalem, Israel and Palestine. A place that the three major religions of Moses can come together for higher religious learning with the other religious faiths of the world. Only by expanding ones knowledge and understanding of the ways of others can we coexist in peace together.

David2004 said:
Without solving the problems surrounding the Old City Jerusalem there will not be any peace plan that will hold up over time. The fact of the matter is that any peace plan that is fair and balance will not be agreeable to both sides and will have to be imposed, implemented and enforced. The Israelis have gained a nation at the expense of the Palestinian people who are the victims in this conflict. The Palestinian people must be compensated for their losses and the Israelis must have security within their nation. The fruits that peace will bring to the people in the Holy Land will change things for the better in the whole world.

Peace will bring tourists from all over the world to the Holy Land. The dollars brought in by tourism will create a viable economy for the people of the region. In the quest of peace and security of the region the Old City of Jerusalem is the key. As stated in United Nations Resolution 181 the Old City of Jerusalem would become an International City separate from the Jewish and Palestinian state. With so many important religious sites to the Christians, Muslims, and Jewish people it is important that neutrality and security is maintained for all people in the in the Old City of Jerusalem.

Going into the Old City of Jerusalem is a religious learning experience for almost anyone. This should be the ground for peace and learning about the religious cultures and philosophy of others. A University named ?Religious University of the World? {RUW} should be built in the vicinity of the boarder of the Old City of Jerusalem, Israel and Palestine. A place that the three major religions of Moses can come together for higher religious learning with the other religious faiths of the world. Only by expanding ones knowledge and understanding of the ways of others can we coexist in peace together.

Good idea in theory BUT try to convince the Jews .

dilloduck said:
Good idea in theory BUT try to convince the Jews .

that is unfair dillo.... try to convince EITHER side. The Muslims aren't going to give it up any more than the Jews.

When Israel was established, all the palestinians left so the Arabs could destroy the jews. The plan was for them to return when the jews were destroyed. The jews won the war against the entire arab world. The palestinians bet on the wrong horse. Fuck em.

freeandfun1 said:
that is unfair dillo.... try to convince EITHER side. The Muslims aren't going to give it up any more than the Jews.

Guess we'll never really know until someone proposes it----international control of Jerusalem would be a very interesting concept indeed however my guess is that Abbas is going to learn from Arafats mistakes and maintain a "peaceful" enough appearance to get as much land and rights for the Palestinians as possible before the next wave of anti-Israel violence starts.

David2004 said:
Peace will bring tourists from all over the world to the Holy Land. The dollars brought in by tourism will create a viable economy for the people of the region. In the quest of peace and security of the region the Old City of Jerusalem is the key.

Usually, I don't like to respond to hit and run posters (as David2004 is), but one inaccuarcy hit me. The fact of the matter is, Israel already gets tourists and tourist money. My father flies from Newark to Tel Aviv 2-3 times a month (as a pilot) and his planes are always full. But you know where the tourists aren't going? To Palestinian controlled lands. All the money is spent in Israel because it's safe there. The same cannot be said about the PA-controlled lands.

gop_jeff said:
Usually, I don't like to respond to hit and run posters (as David2004 is), but one inaccuarcy hit me. The fact of the matter is, Israel already gets tourists and tourist money. My father flies from Newark to Tel Aviv 2-3 times a month (as a pilot) and his planes are always full. But you know where the tourists aren't going? To Palestinian controlled lands. All the money is spent in Israel because it's safe there. The same cannot be said about the PA-controlled lands.

and besides---what do they need money for anyway? the US gives both of em millions and billions.

dilloduck said:
Guess we'll never really know until someone proposes it----international control of Jerusalem would be a very interesting concept indeed however my guess is that Abbas is going to learn from Arafats mistakes and maintain a "peaceful" enough appearance to get as much land and rights for the Palestinians as possible before the next wave of anti-Israel violence starts.

Uh, actually it was proposed as part of the UN Partition Plan of 1947. The Jews followed the rules and the Arabs Muslims didn't.

I love Infidels. God bless you man.

Why would Israel give back all the land to the 67 borders including the Old City ?!? Did the Arab nations give a rat's ass about those lines till now ?! "Well we apparently can't kill all the Jews, so let's try this with a mix of politics and terrorism." I view what you are advocating as pure appeasment. There are other ways to do this that actually reward good behavior and has serious consequences for violent outlashes. Believe it or not, I'm saving your hide in this as well. The entire Muslim world id watching and learning.

Here's an interesting little overview : Holy Cities

Christianity : Vatican, Constantinople, Jerusalem (Salt Lake City ?!)
Islam : Mecca, Medina, Jerusalem (In that order .. In fact, Muslems in Jerusalem pray towards Mecca)
Jewish : Jerusalem

Do you realize how tired Jews are of hearing the other religions talking about splitting the one place that Jews want to be to appease Muslems who consider it their 3rd holyest site. Tell you what. Let's make Jerusalem, Meca, and the Vatican "intenational cities" !!! That's what I thought !!! It's cool so long as it doesn't involve the Muslems' having to moe an inch from their xenophobic eliteist stand. As rtwngAvngr so eloquently stated ... Fuck em.

Just a different point of view for those who refuse to aknowlege that you set double standards when it comes to Israel. the Jews and our religion is not something that the other nations/religions can simply do with as they please at their whim. Those days are long long gone. Maybe it's time the nations of the world had a talk with the Arab /Muslem counterparts and sent a strong message that unlike what Mohamed may have promissed you, the World does not belong to you.

DaTroof said:
I view what you are advocating as pure appeasment. There are other ways to do this that actually reward good behavior and has serious consequences for violent outlashes. Believe it or not, I'm saving your hide in this as well. The entire Muslim world id watching and learning.
Why is it that Israel, the only nation in the world that has been constantly under attack by foreign terrorists for 60 years, the only nation that is expected to have a policy of appeasment? No other nation in the world (US included) has ever shown as much restraint as Israel has towards foreign attackers, nor have any of them been expected to.

Do you realize how tired Jews are of hearing the other religions talking about splitting the one place that Jews want to be to appease Muslems who consider it their 3rd holyest site.
Asking for Jerusalem, something they know they will NEVER get, is the only way Muslims can justify their continued terrorist attacks against another sovereign nation. Unfortunately for Israel, the rest of the world seems to blindly accept the request as a reasonable one, and therefore terrorism as a resonable response to Israel saying "no way".

HorhayAtAMD said:
Why is it that Israel, the only nation in the world that has been constantly under attack by foreign terrorists for 60 years, the only nation that is expected to have a policy of appeasment? No other nation in the world (US included) has ever shown as much restraint as Israel has towards foreign attackers, nor have any of them been expected to.

Asking for Jerusalem, something they know they will NEVER get, is the only way Muslims can justify their continued terrorist attacks against another sovereign nation. Unfortunately for Israel, the rest of the world seems to blindly accept the request as a reasonable one, and therefore terrorism as a resonable response to Israel saying "no way".

would Israel allow jerusalem to be run by an international group who allowed all faiths to access it ?

rtwngAvngr said:
When Israel was established, all the palestinians left so the Arabs could destroy the jews. The plan was for them to return when the jews were destroyed. The jews won the war against the entire arab world. The palestinians bet on the wrong horse. Fuck em.

i would rep ya if i could but i can't

rtwngAvngr said:

oooooooooooo but the Palestinians there today didn't bet on any horse --they can;'t

dilloduck said:
oooooooooooo but the Palestinians there today didn't bet on any horse --they can;'t

why cuz they ate them all?

seriously....israel won the war actuall all of the ones they have fought against anyone that goes at them.....why should they have to give the losers anything?

manu1959 said:
why cuz they ate them all?

seriously....israel won the war actuall all of the ones they have fought against anyone that goes at them.....why should they have to give the losers anything?
The US gave back Japan---seemed to work out ok

dilloduck said:
just the occupied territories Manu----hell it's too late for me on this one :coffee3:

ya it is late .... but if i was israel i would keep it ...hell they are still pretty much at war anyway

dilloduck said:
The US gave back Japan---seemed to work out ok
Ask yourself this: would the US have "given" back Japan if every couple weeks, a Japanese terrorist killed several Americans? The US stopped attacking Japan because Japan accepted the US's right to exist, something the Palestinians refuse to do. I understand you are trying to make an analogy but I don't think that this particular one was relevant enough to support your position.

HorhayAtAMD said:
Ask yourself this: would the US have "given" back Japan if every couple weeks, a Japanese terrorist killed several Americans? The US stopped attacking Japan because Japan accepted the US's right to exist, something the Palestinians refuse to do. I understand you are trying to make an analogy but I don't think that this particular one was relevant enough to support your position.

what if israel gave jerusalem back and the attacks stopped.....take the high ground?

Forum List

Back