The Official Dow 7000 thread

then that is my call.....

you better hope your wrong.

agreed. that would be... well, just bad.

Cramer said it best today: The market is either going to bottom when Obama finally gets a clue or when the market is so ridiculously cheap that you can't afford to stay out of it right now. He said 4000 would be that level.

Would there be any millionaires in this country left if we hit 4000????

I confess if the market hits 4000, I won't be a millionaire

I'm trying to be stoic about it.

That's fairly easy for me, though, since if the market hit 40,000 I still won't be a millionaire.

ABject poverty is the ultimate hedge position.

The fact that the market is not bouncing and can't seem to find any direction today is VERY concerning.

Hi DavidS:

The fact that the market is not bouncing and can't seem to find any direction today is VERY concerning.

The only reason the Dow Jones is above 3000 is because of all the liars talking the markets up over the course of the last year and the banks refusing to implement the bogus FED/Bernanke/Paulson Tarp Plan. The markets will eventually figure out the truth that Bush and now Obama are working every day to destroy this once-great nation in order to make their vision of CanAmeriMexico a reality and the bottom will fall out to destroy the equity in all the markets. Obama is allowing record Outsourcing of JOBS to continue like he is allowing millions and millions and millions of Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals to run around loose EVERYWHERE ‘displacing’ U.S. workers from identities and JOBS, just like Senor Bush and his out-of-control Bushie Administration.

Senor Obama represents “Four More Years” of failed Bushenomics where record ‘displacement’ of U.S. workers is par for the course. The destruction of wealth through decreasing home values will continue with 10,000 new foreclosures every day, as unemployment continues to skyrocket and the local tax base continues to erode to create record budget deficits that are already completely out of control. Deflation will continue to see home values plummet, as a higher and higher percentage of ‘legal’ U.S. homeowners find themselves under water with mortgage values far greater than the local consumers are willing to pay for the growing number of distressed properties flooding the housing markets. Government intervention will make things far worse, as the distressed properties displace buyers and nobody is willing to pay a fair market price for your property; and even more homeowners find themselves under water and unable to refinance or sell their properties.

The fundamentals of the U.S. Economy ARE BROKEN and aside from starting WW3 for a recovery (like WW2), we are looking down the throat of the Second Great Depression that will make the first one look like child’s play. Unemployment in the USA is already over 10 percent and heading towards 20 percent, but the U.S. Government is playing with the numbers and lying every step of the way down the toilet. Try to imagine the reason WHY any bank should be lending out billions of dollars in a ‘deflationary housing market’ where the value of the mortgage-backed securities portfolio will be worth LESS at the end of every quarter and housing values will continue to go SOUTH? :0) Anyone demanding that these banks lend out taxpayer money in ‘this deflationary market’ is asking the same bankers to put guns to their own heads ‘and’ to pull the trigger. No bottom in the housing market means no bottom in the stock markets, which means BOTH are on their way to IMPLODING right before our very eyes.

I believe you need to start “The Official Dow 6000 Thread” in favor of starting “The Official Dow 5000 Thread,” so on and so forth. :0)

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
I suspect the longer term outcome of this economy is that the HAVES will end up owning a greater percentage of world assets which will appear to have a lesser valuation.

Of course since pricing is always relative to all other things, what will really matter is the percentage of owwnership, rather than its market valuations.

Some of you with cash to invest will be able to benefit from this event assuming you can time your investing correctly.

The big losers will be those of us whose retirements were mostly depending on the value of our homes.

The probable winners will be those of the younger generation who will be able to buy homes that are cheaper and more in line with what they actually make.

The price of Real estate HAD to correct, folks.

Hi Editec:

I suspect the longer term outcome of this economy is that the HAVES will end up owning a greater percentage of world assets which will appear to have a lesser valuation.

We disagree. I believe you are pointing to the short term outcome of this imploding U.S. Economy and not the long term. In the long term I see the ‘have nots’ becoming very desperate, until they take their guns and appropriate whatever they wish from the HAVES in a scenario that looks more like Mad Max than anything else. If you think things through carefully, then Lawlessness will lead to even more Lawlessness until the civilization is reduced back into adopting tribal behavior patterns around a new brand of tribal leader. In other words, we should expect the current ‘Gangland mindset’ gripping the inner cities to enlarge, until the New World Order cronies running our out-of-control Government implement Martial Law.

Remember that the current Financial Crisis is being ‘orchestrated’ part of a larger New World Order Plan, as none of the coming chaos is random or becoming our new reality by accident. Welcome to Senor Bushie’s vision of CanAmeriMexico where Senor Obama is the new Fascist Dictator in charge . . .

Your HAVES will continue to sit all fat and happy, thinking they stand above the coming chaos, right up until the ‘have nots’ break down the door . . .

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
Well here's that surge I was talking about. Stocks are up 1.5% - 2%. A day late I guess. We should close above 7000 today.

Hi Editec:

We disagree. I believe you are pointing to the short term outcome of this imploding U.S. Economy and not the long term. In the long term I see the ‘have nots’ becoming very desperate, until they take their guns and appropriate whatever they wish from the HAVES in a scenario that looks more like Mad Max than anything else. If you think things through carefully, then Lawlessness will lead to even more Lawlessness until the civilization is reduced back into adopting tribal behavior patterns around a new brand of tribal leader. In other words, we should expect the current ‘Gangland mindset’ gripping the inner cities to enlarge, until the New World Order cronies running our out-of-control Government implement Martial Law.

Remember that the current Financial Crisis is being ‘orchestrated’ part of a larger New World Order Plan, as none of the coming chaos is random or becoming our new reality by accident. Welcome to Senor Bushie’s vision of CanAmeriMexico where Senor Obama is the new Fascist Dictator in charge . . .

Your HAVES will continue to sit all fat and happy, thinking they stand above the coming chaos, right up until the ‘have nots’ break down the door . . .

GL,

Terral

your posts are just rants and highly stupid.

Hi Editec:

GL,

Terral

Terral, please take your conspiracy theories to a different sub-forum as this is not the thread for it.

today was the first time i have read that alot of economist think we are infact in a depression. the market went up but from what i have read the fundamentals are still saying its going to get worse. i believe in all my mind that geithner has to come up with a banking solution before may.

today was the first time i have read that alot of economist think we are infact in a depression. the market went up but from what i have read the fundamentals are still saying its going to get worse. i believe in all my mind that geithner has to come up with a banking solution before may.

Our economy is more diverse today than it was in the 1920s and 1930s. While some sectors of our economy are in a recession, like housing and real estate, there are others that are in a boom. Thus, our economy overall isn't one thing. It's several.

It was interesting to see the surge that I predicted - at one time we were 30 points below 7000. I felt for sure that we were going to hit it. Then in the last half hour, we lost 100 points. Something is amiss.

cramer said he thinks it lost a 100 off its high because of the fed report but he thinks the rally could last if things line of right.

stock market is down over 200 right now. unemployment filings were down compared to last week, but china is basically saying they dont know if they will pass another stimulus and more companies announced layoffs.

stock market is down over 200 right now. unemployment filings were down compared to last week, but china is basically saying they dont know if they will pass another stimulus and more companies announced layoffs.

We're about 100 points away from the David bottom and 1400 points away from the Hogan bottom.

We are so oversold right now. There is no way we're breaching 6500. Then again, I thought we wouldn't breach 700 on the S&P.

Forum List

Back