Trader loses it all and flips out

That was too funny, sad, but funny. He looks like 26? Things will be better by the time he's 35. Nothing will match these years for young guys in brokerage or commodities. One of my good friends is a VP at one of the houses at the Merc. interesting times, indeed.

I am unable to watch the video right now. I am thinking of the movie Trading Places, though.

TURN THOSE MACHINES BACK ON!!!! TURN THOSE MACHINES BACK ON!!!!

I am unable to watch the video right now. I am thinking of the movie Trading Places, though.

TURN THOSE MACHINES BACK ON!!!! TURN THOSE MACHINES BACK ON!!!!

lol

Mortimer, your brother is not well. We better call an ambulance.

Fuck him! Now, you listen to me! I want trading reopened right now. Get those brokers back in here! Turn those machines back on!

classic ...

I don't trade stocks, but I am not finding watching some kid losing his life savings particularly funny.

This kid thought he'd found the formula to making money. His mistake, I know.

I suppose we could take the position that he took the risk and just say, "Well his problem" .

But since this kid represents a whole lotta people who probably are getting their asses handed to them by the big boys who manipulate the prices of stocks, I think a little sympathy is called for.

For those of you who haven't yet seen all you best laid plans go astray, and think this is very amusing?

We'll see how funny you think it is when fate or circumstance, or just plain old bad luck screws your life's plans.

The shadenfrueden you are expereincing if you find this amusing doesn't look good on any of you, folks.

I don't trade stocks, but I am not finding watching some kid losing his life savings particularly funny.

I suppose we could take the position that he took the risk and just say, "Well his problem" .

But since this kid represents a whole lotta people who probably are getting their asses handed to them by the big boys who manipulate the prices of stocks, I think a little sympathy is called for.

For those of you who haven't yet seen all you best laid plans go astray, and think this is very amusing?

We'll see how funny you think it is when fate or circumstance, or just plain old bad luck screws your life's plans.

The shadenfrueden you are expereincing if you find this amusing doesn't look good on any of you, folks.

I've seen people gamble away a ton of money they shouldn't have but I've never seen them act like the whiny bitch this kid is and post it online. He's a fool for putting up his life savings like that. Sorry, bro, I don't feel one bit bad getting a laugh at this kid's expense.

I've seen people gamble away a ton of money they shouldn't have but I've never seen them act like the whiny bitch this kid is and post it online. He's a fool for putting up his life savings like that. Sorry, bro, I don't feel one bit bad getting a laugh at this kid's expense.

You don't need to apologise.

My cavaet was more for your benefit than to chastise you, really.

Most people who lack the capacity to sympathize with others, sooner or later discover that they cannot sypathize for themselves when they deserve some sympathy.

They've been coming down so hard on everone else, that their value system dictates that they can't give themselves a break when they need it, either.

Now had this kid made money and kept making money do I doubt he'd be an insufferable prick?

Not one bit.

Those who have yet to face the wolf (that's usually the young) really cannot understand what other people's misfortune really feels like, so they tend to take delight in others misfortune.

Once the hammer of fate has knocked them down a few times, and they realize that they're not the masters of their destinies that they imagine themselves to be, they tend to become sympathetic and empathetic when they see somebody else facing that sort of problem.

Vast generalizations about human nature, I admit.

But still true, I think, despite the fact that its a generalization about human nature.

Nothing in that video suggests the kid "found a formula". All we know is that he put his life savings into futures, and lost it all.

I suspect he in fact DIDN'T have a formula, and instead completely gambled on a HOPE, judging by the way he's reacting and the stupid things he's saying.

You're too much of a bleeding heart Ed, some people DESERVE their losses for being STUPID.

Last edited:
Nothing in that video suggests the kid "found a formula". All we know is that he put his life savings into futures, and lost it all.

True, but do you think he went into that event thinking that he was clueless?

I suspect he in fact DIDN'T have a formula, and instead completely gambled on a HOPE, judging by the way he's reacting and the stupid things he's saying.

So he's stupid based on what, exactly? Your suspicions?

You're too much of a bleeding heart Ed, some people DESERVE their losses for being STUPID.

Okay, let's assume we know he was stupid, and therefore "deserved" to lose his life's savings.

I still fail to see the humor of it.

Does that make me a bleeding heart liberal?

Okay, guilty as charged. I confess I seldom take much delight in other people's sorrows.

But it isn't like I'm not without my own shadenfruedenistic streak -- I do like it when time wounds all heels, for example.

I didn't weap for Saddam. I cheered at his hanging.

I hate bullies enough to make them bleed, and yet I do wonder about the mental health of people who delight in others pain.

Guess that makes me a bleeding heart liberal, with one an strange emphasis on the bleeding part.

Last edited:
That's just silly Ed. I feel for someone and their pain. I've experienced the kind of loss in my life that hurts more than any dollar amount, my father dying. I didn't expect anyone to feel sorry for me though. I also didn't take a risk which caused him to die, he just died.

If I lost money on a gamble, I certainly wouldn't expect anyone to have sympathy for me. What good does that do me?

This kid won't be that bad off. He's young and it was only about $30k. That much money can be made back in a couple years of budgeting and saving. The good thing is that he learned from his mistake and hopefully he became smarter because of it.

Was the kid asking for your sympathy?

I don't recall that part.

I saw somebody losing his shirt.

To you that's funny, to me it's just sad.

That's okay.

We have slightly different senses of humor, I guess.

Forum List

Back