The NFL is getting hammered after another game was played in a half-empty stadium

Seems to be happening mostly in California. What is to be expected when you have former hippies now promoting the PC, Snowflake lifestyle. People probably view football as too dangerous. Though I wonder if the same attendance drop is occurring in violent hockey which results in far more heavy hit, elbows, slashes and even fights.

The NFL is getting hammered after another game was played in a half-empty stadium

"Thursday Night Football" gave football fans something of a surprise as the San Francisco 49ers hosted the Los Angeles Rams at Levi's Stadium in a barn-burner of a football game, ending with an enthralling fourth quarter by the Niners before falling just short of completing the comeback.

The Rams' 41-39 victory was a shootout — and some of the most exciting "Thursday Night Football" fans had seen in recent memory, featuring a successful onside-kick attempt, late turnovers, and a backdoor cover that sent gamblers home either elated or furious.

There was even an uptick in TV viewership:

But the game also served as a reminder of one of the NFL's recent woes: poor attendance.

Shots of the stadium, like the one above, made clear that attendance was dismal for the primetime game. Despite claims that attendance was over 70,000, anyone with eyes could see that the stadium was largely empty, with even some of the best seats in the lower bowl left untaken.

As SFGate noted, tickets were available on secondary markets for just $14 — about the price of a beer and hot dog inside the stadium. And still, few people found the time to support the Niners in person.

People on the internet took notice, inspiring headlines including "The 49ers and Rams Played a Great Game in Front of an Empty Stadium" at The Big Lead and "It Appears Not Many People are Physically at the Rams-49ers Thursday Night Game" from Sports Illustrated.

Additionally, Twitter was quick point out the empty seats, sharing images far and wide of the empty stadium:

Thats what I been saying for the past month is the NFL is on the verge of not being around anymore two decades at the MOST because of all these asshole owners putting shiny brand new stadiums ahead of history and tradition.

That moron Jed York priced out all the 49 fatihful in SF with ticket prices so rocket sky high that the blue collar workers in SF,the loyal fans who supported them thick and thin no matter how horrible they were in SF,they cant afford the ticket prices out there and dont want to venture outside the city to support that asshole owner which i give them props for.:up:

and dean spanos of the chargers he was too stupid to understand that LA only has about a 5% fanbase of charger fans out there and ignores polls taken in SD that the majoity of the fans would not travel there to LA to see charger games and support that asshole either.:up:

Pittsburgh Steelers entire team skips the anthem. Entire NFL is against fake president Drumpf.

Trump is finally the uniter.

Not all Steelers stayed in the Locker room....pay attention.

Most fans booed when Dallas took a knee before the National Anthem on MNF. I also heard that happened in most stadiums around the league. A recent poll put 56% of Americans think players are wrong to either kneel or sit during the Anthem.

I also find the sports networks rather disingenuous when in the past they played commercials during the anthem and this weekend they forgo the commercials trying to drum up some imagery controversy that really alienated fans.

Remember It was not Trump that started this controversy it was Kaepernick.

Pittsburgh Steelers entire team skips the anthem. Entire NFL is against fake president Drumpf.

Most fans booed when Dallas took a knee before the National Anthem on MNF. I also heard that happened in most stadiums around the league. A recent poll put 56% of Americans think players are wrong to either kneel or sit during the Anthem.

I also find the sports networks rather disingenuous when in the past they played commercials during the anthem and this weekend they forgo the commercials trying to drum up some imagery controversy that really alienated fans.

You speak in mud. Brain cells firing off opinions with nothing to back them up.

kinda like you always do in defending the warren commission report as an example.:haha:

Now getting back to how the chargers are bombing in LA.:haha:

you looked up in the stands in the whole chargers/chiefs game,you saw a whole sea of red there.you would have sworn it was a chiefs HOME game.:lmao::haha:

Last week rivers remarked how he saw a lot of dolphin fans at the game.every sunday that is what they are going to get.because of that,i have heard that they are wisely talking about going back to SAN DIEGO.:D problem is spanos will have to sell the team to a new owner.san diego does not put spanos on a pedastal as oakland did with al davis.:D

santa clara is having the same problems.:lmao:

kinda like you always do in defending the warren commission report as an example.:haha:

Post up where I even mention the 'warren commission'. You lose a marble today? Be sure to find it, you don't have an ample supply.

this in fact is what you always do when you get taken to school on that and your lies are exposed-:scared1:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

this in fact is what you always do when you get taken to school on that and your lies are exposed-:scared1:

Oh, you live in the alternate reality. Carry on Carrie. :cuckoo:

alternate reality to someone who cowardly runs off with his tail between his legs when he is proven wrong refusing to address the facts knowing he cant counter them.:lmao: glad you are not my lawyer you would lose every case for me remaining silent everytime false and fake evidence was brought against me and then running out the door as you do here all the time.:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

alternate reality to someone who cowardly runs off with his tail between his legs when he is proven wrong refusing to address the facts knowing he cant counter them.:lmao: glad you are not my lawyer you would lose every case for me remaining silent everytime false and fake evidence was brought against me and then running out the door as you do here all the time.:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Put down the bottle dear. You are out in public. :booze:

Put down the bottle dear. You are out in public. :booze:

Hey how often do you and USMB's resident fellow agent troll WRONGwinger sleep in bed together?:lmao::haha:

this is a major reason here WHY NFL attendance is so low in many cities around the country. This poster here nailed it below.could not have said it better myself.:thup:

Welcome to the NFL... This is the face of things to come. I've stopped attending football games years ago. I have better ways to spend my money. This year I've turned the channel away from NFL (and NCAA) games. These overpaid babies haven't done anything to earn my respect or attention. And now in the face of Kneel-Gate I have no interest. No football. If this nonsense bleeds into basketball, that's gone too!

people are sick of these overpaid babies and outrageous ticket prices and owners fleecing the taxpayers of cities and not willing to build their own new fucking stadiums.they are wisely taking a stand against this bullshit that has gone on too long.:thup:

Forum List

Back