The NFL is getting hammered after another game was played in a half-empty stadium

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Seems to be happening mostly in California. What is to be expected when you have former hippies now promoting the PC, Snowflake lifestyle. People probably view football as too dangerous. Though I wonder if the same attendance drop is occurring in violent hockey which results in far more heavy hit, elbows, slashes and even fights.

The NFL is getting hammered after another game was played in a half-empty stadium

"Thursday Night Football" gave football fans something of a surprise as the San Francisco 49ers hosted the Los Angeles Rams at Levi's Stadium in a barn-burner of a football game, ending with an enthralling fourth quarter by the Niners before falling just short of completing the comeback.

The Rams' 41-39 victory was a shootout — and some of the most exciting "Thursday Night Football" fans had seen in recent memory, featuring a successful onside-kick attempt, late turnovers, and a backdoor cover that sent gamblers home either elated or furious.

There was even an uptick in TV viewership:

But the game also served as a reminder of one of the NFL's recent woes: poor attendance.

Shots of the stadium, like the one above, made clear that attendance was dismal for the primetime game. Despite claims that attendance was over 70,000, anyone with eyes could see that the stadium was largely empty, with even some of the best seats in the lower bowl left untaken.

As SFGate noted, tickets were available on secondary markets for just $14 — about the price of a beer and hot dog inside the stadium. And still, few people found the time to support the Niners in person.

People on the internet took notice, inspiring headlines including "The 49ers and Rams Played a Great Game in Front of an Empty Stadium" at The Big Lead and "It Appears Not Many People are Physically at the Rams-49ers Thursday Night Game" from Sports Illustrated.

Additionally, Twitter was quick point out the empty seats, sharing images far and wide of the empty stadium:

Seems to be happening mostly in California. What is to be expected when you have former hippies now promoting the PC, Snowflake lifestyle. People probably view football as too dangerous. Though I wonder if the same attendance drop is occurring in violent hockey which results in far more heavy hit, elbows, slashes and even fights.

"Thursday Night Football" gave football fans something of a surprise as the San Francisco 49ers hosted the Los Angeles Rams at Levi's Stadium in a barn-burner of a football game, ending with an enthralling fourth quarter by the Niners before falling just short of completing the comeback.

The Rams' 41-39 victory was a shootout — and some of the most exciting "Thursday Night Football" fans had seen in recent memory, featuring a successful onside-kick attempt, late turnovers, and a backdoor cover that sent gamblers home either elated or furious.

But the game also served as a reminder of one of the NFL's recent woes: poor attendance.

Shots of the stadium, like the one above, made clear that attendance was dismal for the primetime game. Despite claims that attendance was over 70,000, anyone with eyes could see that the stadium was largely empty, with even some of the best seats in the lower bowl left untaken.

As SFGate noted, tickets were available on secondary markets for just $14 — about the price of a beer and hot dog inside the stadium. And still, few people found the time to support the Niners in person.

People on the internet took notice, inspiring headlines including "The 49ers and Rams Played a Great Game in Front of an Empty Stadium" at The Big Lead and "It Appears Not Many People are Physically at the Rams-49ers Thursday Night Game" from Sports Illustrated.

Additionally, Twitter was quick point out the empty seats, sharing images far and wide of the empty stadium:
70,000 fans

Not too bad

"...promoting the PC, Snowflake lifestyle"??? LMAO!!

An athlete quietly and simply kneels during the anthem, and neocons come unglued. And you call someone else a "snowflake"? Too funny!

70,000 fans

Not too bad

This is why libtards will never win anything are in constant denial.

I suggested topless cheerleaders but it got shot down..
Why don't you just drop your drawers and moon everybody
I do..
wipe it first
Is that a fetish of yours?
A fetish ? Nah I just prefer not to see you vomiting your bovine excrement in public like you do in this forum http://webdiscover.ru/uploads/images/2014-03/10838_139594188019.jpg

I suggested topless cheerleaders but it got shot down..
Why don't you just drop your drawers and moon everybody
I do..
wipe it first
Is that a fetish of yours?
A fetish ? Nah I just prefer not to see you vomiting your bovine excrement in public like you do in this forum http://webdiscover.ru/uploads/images/2014-03/10838_139594188019.jpg
You can access the picture image in the commands in the font next to the smiley face...
I live in chicken ranching country son try again....

The San Francisco 49ers sold most of there tickets, the shot was taken on a Thursday evening around 5:00 pm. Ever been to the Bay Area around rush hour? It is tough to get anywhere on time, people who got off work early weren’t going to make it on time to the game. The shot was during the National Anthem so the crowd isn’t always in their seats at that time.

I do think interest is down, but this story I don’t think is being honest.

Games I'm watching today look packed

So much for boycott

The San Francisco 49ers sold most of there tickets, the shot was taken on a Thursday evening around 5:00 pm. Ever been to the Bay Area around rush hour? It is tough to get anywhere on time, people who got off work early weren’t going to make it on time to the game. The shot was during the National Anthem so the crowd isn’t always in their seats at that time.

Regardless of the outcome of this current issue, the image of professional athletes in sport, especially football and basketball has taken a pounding. These things endure.

Regardless of the outcome of this current issue, the image of professional athletes in sport, especially football and basketball has taken a pounding. These things endure.

We will see.

Pittsburgh Steelers entire team skips the anthem. Entire NFL is against fake president Drumpf.

Trump is finally the uniter.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back