The Next Four Years

You really are a fucking moron...of the Truthmatters caliber.

No doubt about it, the President isn't the one that will introduce anything to the Supreme court, so there is no influence on the current justices. secondly the Senate has to approve the court appointee, very few radical righties get through the hearings, as opposed to radical left nuts. We see that in this last election. Two left wing nuts made it, no moderates and the most moderate on the court are put in by Republicans.

So really a Republican is a better choice for a more balanced court.

You should take that comedy bit on the road.

Sorry you can't deal with reality.

Stop, this is leftist BS. I am a Republican Woman, Roe v Wade is a done deal............it's not going away. Quit using left talking points as scare tactics.

The baggers are a new breed, they hate women, they dont want them to have access to birth control, let alone the voting booth...

No doubt about it, the President isn't the one that will introduce anything to the Supreme court, so there is no influence on the current justices. secondly the Senate has to approve the court appointee, very few radical righties get through the hearings, as opposed to radical left nuts. We see that in this last election. Two left wing nuts made it, no moderates and the most moderate on the court are put in by Republicans.

So really a Republican is a better choice for a more balanced court.

You should take that comedy bit on the road.

Sorry you can't deal with reality.

Your post had nothing to do with reality. Sorry.

:lol:

Psst....you forgot the ellipses.

Now, what was it you were saying about dishonesty?

Damn, I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning.

Cheer on the wedge! :woohoo:

Sorry you can dish it out but not take it ... that seems to be a common trait among party hacks ... you should seek help for that malady ...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You calling someone out as a party hack?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And you can say it with a straight face?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Sure as I do not and have not belonged to any political party...ever. If you think I'm a party hack, ask TM about our go-rounds on voter ID rules. Of course you won't do that because, well, you're a lazy researcher who relies on anecdotes not data.

Stop, this is leftist BS. I am a Republican Woman, Roe v Wade is a done deal............it's not going away. Quit using left talking points as scare tactics.

You don't really pay much attention do you? There's a law in Mississippi right now being reviewed by Federal courts. That law would essentially outlaw abortions by making the requirements of doctors to perform them so strict that it's not possible. State Republicans in Mississippi are on record, on tape, admitting they concocted this law to get around Roe.

Do some research, you ignorant fucking fool.

Watching MSPMS I see.

No, I read. A lot. But yes, Maddow's been covering it too. Does it make the story any less true? Does it make the law any less signed by the governor?

You see, Dumb-Dumb, when you have the power of truth and facts behind you, you don't need to rely on the talking points and pundits of your propaganda of choice.

In the next four years, there will likely be at least 2 or 3 slots on the Supreme Court open up due to the age of the justices. Ruth Ginsberg is in questionable health and three othe justices (Kennedy, Scalia and Breyer) are all in their 70's.

If you're a woman who values the ability to make reproductive choices on your own, you should vote for the President since he is committed to letting you keep your right to make that choice.

It is the truth that the republican nominee has been on both sides of the abortion issue in the past. Where the nominee will end up when selecting a new justice and what litmus test he will apply to that selection is up in the air.

Even a swing of one vote could overturn Roe v. Wade. If given the opportunity, conservatives will take that chance to overturn this landmark ruling.

Just something to consider before you go into the polling place and fill out your ballot this November.

This is Candycorn and I approved this message.

Roe V Wade will not be overturned. We should be concerned with the disastrous economy and massive debt.

Do you deny that Governor Romney says he thinks it should be overturned?

Do you deny that if he is elected President, he would get to appoint supreme court justices who could do just that?

Has Governor Romney produced any plans that haven't been tried already by both parties. Tax cuts here, spending increases there, get rid of this program or that program....use this to make your numbers look better, get a different score keeper to call your plan "brilliant" if the others call it trash? No.

The only thing that really matters are the social issues until we can get the deeply partisan politics out of the picture. The only way to do that is by installing a new breed of elected official or changing the rules.

Neither is in the offing.

If you value a woman's right to make reproductive choices; you should vote for Obama. If you're comfortable with some governor somewhere making that choice for her, you should vote for Governor Romney.

It isn't scare tactics, it is the truth. What is Romney's position on Abortion, by the way?

i thought only the right did fear mongering, that read a lot like fear mongering? OR is it what we say about one side we dont about the other?

There is plenty of hypocrisy to go around...thats for sure. If the teams are divided into two, I'm not on either team. Which is why I'm for voter registration laws, think that unions are their own worst enemy, and think that we should keep the prisoners at Gitmo until they die. I don't think that many on the left would agree with me on these hot-button issues.

Putting aside the scorecards for a second; here is what Governor Romney says on his website:

Mitt Romney is pro-life. He believes it speaks well of the country that almost all Americans recognize that abortion is a problem. And in the quiet of conscience, people of both political parties know that more than a million abortions a year cannot be squared with the good heart of America.

Mitt believes that life begins at conception and wishes that the laws of our nation reflected that view. But while the nation remains so divided, he believes that the right next step is for the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade – a case of blatant judicial activism that took a decision that should be left to the people and placed it in the hands of unelected judges. With Roe overturned, states will be empowered through the democratic process to determine their own abortion laws and not have them dictated by judicial mandate.

-Those aren't scare tactics, he believes Roe should be overturned--FACT.
-Four supreme court justices, Kennedy, Breyer, Scalia, and Ginsburg are 70+ y/o--FACT.
-Whomever is President from 2012-2016 will be able to likely appoint 1-3 justices--FACT as much as it can be as as much as human aging dictates.
-Governor Romney says he wants Roe overturned. He will likely have that opportunity if elected--FACT.

If you value a woman's right to choose her own reproductive rights, you should vote for Obama. If you would like for a woman to have her bodily functions regulated by politicians, you should likely cast your vote for Governor Romney. FACT

As shocking as it is ,there are people that believe that its killing a human violating the most basic right ,which is hard to argue and just common sense think its just wrong regardless of religion.The world existed before roe/wade it would not end if it went away

i thought only the right did fear mongering, that read a lot like fear mongering? OR is it what we say about one side we dont about the other?

There is plenty of hypocrisy to go around...thats for sure. If the teams are divided into two, I'm not on either team. Which is why I'm for voter registration laws, think that unions are their own worst enemy, and think that we should keep the prisoners at Gitmo until they die. I don't think that many on the left would agree with me on these hot-button issues.

Putting aside the scorecards for a second; here is what Governor Romney says on his website:

Mitt Romney is pro-life. He believes it speaks well of the country that almost all Americans recognize that abortion is a problem. And in the quiet of conscience, people of both political parties know that more than a million abortions a year cannot be squared with the good heart of America.

Mitt believes that life begins at conception and wishes that the laws of our nation reflected that view. But while the nation remains so divided, he believes that the right next step is for the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade – a case of blatant judicial activism that took a decision that should be left to the people and placed it in the hands of unelected judges. With Roe overturned, states will be empowered through the democratic process to determine their own abortion laws and not have them dictated by judicial mandate.

-Four supreme court justices, Kennedy, Breyer, Scalia, and Ginsburg are 70+ y/o--FACT.
-Whomever is President from 2012-2016 will be able to likely appoint 1-3 justices--FACT as much as it can be as as much as human aging dictates.
-Governor Romney says he wants Roe overturned. He will likely have that opportunity if elected--FACT.

If you value a woman's right to choose her own reproductive rights, you should vote for Obama. If you would like for a woman to have her bodily functions regulated by politicians, you should likely cast your vote for Governor Romney. FACT

As shocking as it is ,there are people that believe that its killing a human violating the most basic right ,which is hard to argue and just common sense think its just wrong regardless of religion.The world existed before roe/wade it would not end if it went away

You're right. The world would still exist. And suddenly a lot more women would be driving into Canada and Mexico to get the abortions they want or need. Or they'll just do it the old school method. Which I'm sure you'd love, because you're a piece of shit.

And it is your right to feel that way, vote that way and God Bless you.

All I'm saying is that if you value a woman's choice in this matter, vote for Obama. If not, vote for Governor Romney because he says he wants to see Roe v. Wade overturned. That decision guarantees a woman has a reproductive choice. Absence of it, states may or may not ratify outlawing abortion.

You're right. The world would still exist. And suddenly a lot more women would be driving into Canada and Mexico to get the abortions they want or need. Or they'll just do it the old school method. Which I'm sure you'd love, because you're a piece of shit.

C'mon..."piece of shit"? Really?

You don't really pay much attention do you? There's a law in Mississippi right now being reviewed by Federal courts. That law would essentially outlaw abortions by making the requirements of doctors to perform them so strict that it's not possible. State Republicans in Mississippi are on record, on tape, admitting they concocted this law to get around Roe.

Watching MSPMS I see.

No, I read. A lot. But yes, Maddow's been covering it too. Does it make the story any less true? Does it make the law any less signed by the governor?

You see, Dumb-Dumb, when you have the power of truth and facts behind you, you don't need to rely on the talking points and pundits of your propaganda of choice.

Wow, back to name calling, must have hit some kind of nerve. Again, how many years have conservatives held the edge in the Supreme Court, and how many times has an opportunity to turn it over come up?

To be more precise:

A new Mississippi law requires doctors who perform abortions in the state to be board-certified OB-GYNs. They also must have privileges to admit patients at a local hospital.

"We believe, and I believe strongly, that if a person is going to receive an abortion, that if something goes wrong, we want that physician to be able to follow that patient to a local hospital," says Mims, who sponsored the legislation.

He says the state has a right to set rules for medical facilities, but at the same time, he acknowledges the broader implications.

"If this legislation causes this abortion facility to close," Mims says, "then I believe it is a good thing for Mississippi."

If the Feds want to control abortions in MS, then maybe they should pass a law making it legal in the USA.

Watching MSPMS I see.

Wow, back to name calling, must have hit some kind of nerve. Again, how many years have conservatives held the edge in the Supreme Court, and how many times has an opportunity to turn it over come up?

They haven't held an edge. Kennedy's perceived swing vote is the only thing keeping it from coming up.

C'mon..."piece of shit"? Really?

Yes. Really. Someone who says "the world would still go on without Roe V. Wade" clearly thinks 1. Abortion is murder and should be banned and 2. Has no problem with young girls seeking "alternatives" to abortion that mostly involve bleach, coat hangers and other foul implements of desperation.

So yes, in my mind, people who feel THAT way, are pieces of shit.

I dunno if it passed or not but there was a bill in the Texas Congress that would make the woman requesting an abortion listen to the fetal heartbeat prior to the procedure.

I dunno if it passed or not but there was a bill in the Texas Congress that would make the woman requesting an abortion listen to the fetal heartbeat prior to the procedure.

And then there's all the transvaginal probing going on. Meanwhile the Conservatives are all claiming the "War On Women" (a term I myself don't like) isn't happening. They really are used to Fox News World, where they can say one thing, do another, and not get called on it.

The baggers are a new breed, they hate women, they dont want them to have access to birth control, let alone the voting booth...

You're entirely too easy. Why is it my responsibility to provide someone elses birth control?? Why do I have to pay for it??? I happen to know quite a few gentlemen that are members of the Tea Party, see that's the difference, they are gentlemen not some crazed boob that thinks Republican men could actually control women. That's pretty funny!! :lol:

They haven't held an edge. Kennedy's perceived swing vote is the only thing keeping it from coming up.

I doubt it will, the right usually goes moderate, who nominated Kennedy?

Forum List

Back