The Next Four Years

Sure...take off my "by line" though.
ahhh spread the panic through another outlet.

Talk about being basket cases over something that won't happen.

Romney says he wants to overturn Roe.
He will have the ability (more than likely) to see that it is done if he is elected.

Those are facts and they cannot be disupted.

Men have nothing to worry about of course which is why it is joked about by the male-dominated society.

It's that simple and it's that big.

Gawd, does anyone else get the feeling she's mimicking TM?? Same thing over and over and over hoping someone will actually believe her. Oh wait............someone did and they are now posting it on Facebook. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure...take off my "by line" though.

He will have the ability (more than likely) to see that it is done if he is elected.

Men have nothing to worry about of course which is why it is joked about by the male-dominated society.

No president can overturn Roe v. Wade.

Two, it's a state, not federal issue. Always has been, but was ignored by a radical activist SCOTUS.

It may be repealed some day when federalism is reasserted in this nation's laws and states rights given their proper balance again.

Then again, I doubt I'll see it in my lifetime.

In the next four years, there will likely be at least 2 or 3 slots on the Supreme Court open up due to the age of the justices. Ruth Ginsberg is in questionable health and three othe justices (Kennedy, Scalia and Breyer) are all in their 70's.

If you're a woman who values the ability to make reproductive choices on your own, you should vote for the President since he is committed to letting you keep your right to make that choice.

It is the truth that the republican nominee has been on both sides of the abortion issue in the past. Where the nominee will end up when selecting a new justice and what litmus test he will apply to that selection is up in the air.

Even a swing of one vote could overturn Roe v. Wade. If given the opportunity, conservatives will take that chance to overturn this landmark ruling.

Just something to consider before you go into the polling place and fill out your ballot this November.

This is Candycorn and I approved this message.
Hysterical buffoon.

Only morons believe that legal abortions will be taken away.

Chicken Little.

Just like only morons believe guns will be taken away by Democrats.

Yet everytime a Democrat gets elected that becomes the Republican war cry and NEA membership gets a boost.

Don't you mean NRA?

In the next four years, there will likely be at least 2 or 3 slots on the Supreme Court open up due to the age of the justices. Ruth Ginsberg is in questionable health and three othe justices (Kennedy, Scalia and Breyer) are all in their 70's.

If you're a woman who values the ability to make reproductive choices on your own, you should vote for the President since he is committed to letting you keep your right to make that choice.

It is the truth that the republican nominee has been on both sides of the abortion issue in the past. Where the nominee will end up when selecting a new justice and what litmus test he will apply to that selection is up in the air.

Even a swing of one vote could overturn Roe v. Wade. If given the opportunity, conservatives will take that chance to overturn this landmark ruling.

Just something to consider before you go into the polling place and fill out your ballot this November.

Roe V Wade will not be overturned. We should be concerned with the disastrous economy and massive debt.

The Governor says he wants to overturn it--fact.
The president from '12 to '16 will likely have the ability to shape the court for the next 2-3 decades--fact.
The court is the only one that can overturn it.

It's too big a gamble to take with the Governor in my point of view.

If you value a woman's right to choose, you shouldn't vote for Governor Romney. If you think that giving up that right is worth what amounts to in essence

a minor cut in taxes here and a larger military over there,

then I guess you don't value the rights of women to make reproductive choices then....

You really are a fucking moron...of the Truthmatters caliber.

Gawd, does anyone else get the feeling she's mimicking TM?? Same thing over and over and over hoping someone will actually believe her. Oh wait............someone did and they are now posting it on Facebook. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LOL. I didn't even see your post and I said she was of the caliber of TM.

Two, it's a state, not federal issue. Always has been, but was ignored by a radical activist SCOTUS.

It may be repealed some day when federalism is reasserted in this nation's laws and states rights given their proper balance again.

Some just can't understand the concept of common law.

It's just done, but Chicken Little wants attention.

shouldn't the op be giving NOW credit for this rant?
NOW is a fucking joke.

I mean, really...do so many women assume women are this stupid in general? I keep saying women are their own worst enemy...and this thread is just one of many examples

She makes me cringe.

This OP does make women look less than intelligent, granted, but it is not always the case. Take a look at many of the women we have on this board that have proven thier worth in their posts. Can't post them all, but they shine in their expertise and knowledge everyday.

NOW is a fucking joke.

I mean, really...do so many women assume women are this stupid in general? I keep saying women are their own worst enemy...and this thread is just one of many examples

She makes me cringe.

This OP does make women look less than intelligent, granted, but it is not always the case. Take a look at many of the women we have on this board that have proven thier worth in their posts. Can't post them all, but they shine in their expertise and knowledge everyday.
Yes, there are intelligent women who post here. And, then there is NOW and the OP, and some of those women are cancelled out.

NOW is a fucking joke.

She makes me cringe.

How exactly did I do that?

It's much like saying that the President cannot introduce bills in Congress. That is the case. But if the President wants something introduced, surrogates will do it for him. If the Governor becomes the President and there is a vacancy on the Supreme court, he could well make overturning Roe V. Wade a litmus test for his nominees.

Will he? He says he wants it overturned.

I'm sure you can put 2 and 2 together.

Roe V Wade will not be overturned. We should be concerned with the disastrous economy and massive debt.

The president from '12 to '16 will likely have the ability to shape the court for the next 2-3 decades--fact.

If you value a woman's right to choose, you shouldn't vote for Governor Romney. If you think that giving up that right is worth what amounts to in essence

then I guess you don't value the rights of women to make reproductive choices then....

No doubt about it, the President isn't the one that will introduce anything to the Supreme court, so there is no influence on the current justices. secondly the Senate has to approve the court appointee, very few radical righties get through the hearings, as opposed to radical left nuts. We see that in this last election. Two left wing nuts made it, no moderates and the most moderate on the court are put in by Republicans.

So really a Republican is a better choice for a more balanced court.

Well, lets look at the facts.

Romney, if he becomes President, will have a supreme court with 4 justices over 70 years of age. One is Ruth Ginsburg who recently had health issues. He will, likely, have 1-3 seats that will be vacated during his presidency.

He has said that he wants Roe overturned.

Now, if he said he wanted Ghana to become part on NATO, that would be something he would have no control over. Roe's future is something he could and says he wants to affect. That is what the Governor said. Not me. I'm not making it up. I'm not putting words in his mouth. He said that and, if elected, he will have a chance to do it.

If you're comfortable with that, you should vote for him because he will have the good old "time, motive, and opportunity" to commit this act.

If you value a woman being in control of her reproductive rights, you should vote to keep President Obama in the white house.

Its that simple and it's that big.

Back to the topic,

A woman's reproductive choice isn't an emotion...it's a health concern.
When that "reproductive choice" takes place after the reproduction, you are right. It is a health concern. For the baby involved. It's actually a life or death concern.
Well, a woman can legally get an abortion. It's the law. It's not going anywhere regardless of politicians.

Something the OP just doesn't understand. Lawmakers can't overturn shit as far as precedent law is concerned.

Everyone needs to deal with those simple facts and get a grip.

Yes, judges can overturn previous decisions. See Plessey v. Ferguson and Brown v. Board of education if you want an example.

Presidents get to appoint judges with Senatorial approval.

Women should be able to make their own reproductive choices.

My wife and I discussed this and she is of a different opinion, first she doesn't think Roe v Wade will ever be brought before the court again, and the court leans conservative anyway. She believes you are appealing to women emotionally instead of intellectually, which offends her.

Just something to consider.

She'll have to stay offended. Sorry.

Roe V. Wade will not be brought before the court (the litigants will not be there); just a decision to overturn it.

No doubt about it, the President isn't the one that will introduce anything to the Supreme court, so there is no influence on the current justices. secondly the Senate has to approve the court appointee, very few radical righties get through the hearings, as opposed to radical left nuts. We see that in this last election. Two left wing nuts made it, no moderates and the most moderate on the court are put in by Republicans.

So really a Republican is a better choice for a more balanced court.

You should take that comedy bit on the road.

Stop, this is leftist BS. I am a Republican Woman, Roe v Wade is a done deal............it's not going away. Quit using left talking points as scare tactics.

You don't really pay much attention do you? There's a law in Mississippi right now being reviewed by Federal courts. That law would essentially outlaw abortions by making the requirements of doctors to perform them so strict that it's not possible. State Republicans in Mississippi are on record, on tape, admitting they concocted this law to get around Roe.

Do some research, you ignorant fucking fool.

Stop, this is leftist BS. I am a Republican Woman, Roe v Wade is a done deal............it's not going away. Quit using left talking points as scare tactics.

You don't really pay much attention do you? There's a law in Mississippi right now being reviewed by Federal courts. That law would essentially outlaw abortions by making the requirements of doctors to perform them so strict that it's not possible. State Republicans in Mississippi are on record, on tape, admitting they concocted this law to get around Roe.

Do some research, you ignorant fucking fool.

Watching MSPMS I see.

Forum List

Back