The newt pandering for hispanic votes.

so if they get away with a crime long enough, they should be rewarded?

and if an illegal has lived here 5 years and has 2 kids, they should be punished?

newt also support the immigration law in arizona, which makes no note of not applying to those who have lived here a long time and have FAMILIES........

so if newt supports allowing illegals with FAMILIES to remain in america, but supports making it illegal for them to be able to find work, how does he expect illegals with FAMILIES to support those FAMILIES?

1. I'm not a lawyer, but it seems to me that most crimes have a statute of limitations.
Do you disagree with the concept?

2. What crime was committed by those family members either born here, or below the age of majority when they were brought here by the adult in charge?

3. As for those who actully broke the law, how many years of tax-paying, civil behavior and serving in the armed forces of this nation would be enough to be allowed to remain?
Newt's premise seems serviceable to me.

4. This is one of those cases where the Left attempts to use a charge of hypocricy against the Right.
Seems pretty clear that the Right can't do the same with respect to a philosophy that has no ethical principles.
Newt is clearlly the highest functioning GOP candidate, and has more experience on Capiol Hill than all of the others by far. The candidates that I would consider voting for over Obama, at this point, would be Newt, Ron, or Huntsman. Romney is too unoriginal, and kind of a scarecrow in the wind...Bachmann, Cain, and Perry are woefully irrational, and Santorum wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't so much of a fundamentalist.

But the reason I responded to your post, is because I agree that Newt's premise is servicable. It sounds like he recognizes the complexities of this issue. In fact, I'd dare to guess, that Newt may realize that the practicalities of immigration reform is the barrier, even more than conservative VS liberal ideology.

Truth be told, I was looking for a little tussle about #4 in my post...

"4. This is one of those cases where the Left attempts to use a charge of hypocricy against the Right.
Seems pretty clear that the Right can't do the same with respect to a philosophy that has no ethical principles."

I guess everyone agrees.

He is riding a slippy slope. If he allows amnesty for illegals who have been here for 25 years. The one that came yesterday will clog up our court houses making arguments how they have the right to stay. !

There will spring up overnight an industry in forging documentation showing that people have been here at least 25 years. The predictable tsunami of new illegals will have these documents at least a week before they even cross the border.

I have called my congressman and governor of the state of calif. And still I am denied.
I inform them of the hositel work enviroment I endure on a nightly basis. Yet they refuse to consider a national mandate on E-Verify.

Although I do not speak spainsh it is not a hard language to understand if you know key words.

At night the Ralcorp company I work for employess many illegals. And I am a teamplayer, I listen to the illegal talk to other illegals how they are from Mexico and worked at other compainies, yet the present temporay employment agency is letting them work until their I-9 paper work is questioned? These illegal aliens go on and talk about me. The white girl...does she speak espanal? Most don't realize I understand what they are talking about. I am kind, yet very upset that I am under unemployed because Ralcorp a for profit company would rather employ illegal aliens than Americans.

It is unfair competiton to compete with others that one has to become aware of their competition. Why hasn't Ralcorp an American Company informed me that I would have to compete with illegal aliens who will work for less wages and longer hours and no redress to their issues if it not for unfair competiton.

Your screen name is CONner? That was a poor attempt at a con, and you are a lousy writer of fiction. In fact, I don't think English is your first language at all.

Wolfmoon: You notice the 'Rich' in his name. I noticed the Grinch in his name. Even bought some Grinch Cookie Cutters today to make Grinch Cookies for the Holiday.

Hmmmmm......
...so that's the key to the puzzle....

I see 'con' in your name.

And, unlike you, I got the spelling right.

Con and wolfmoon are the same sock puppet of that douche who got banned a few weeks ago.

Wolfmoon: You notice the 'Rich' in his name. I noticed the Grinch in his name. Even bought some Grinch Cookie Cutters today to make Grinch Cookies for the Holiday.

Hmmmmm......
...so that's the key to the puzzle....

I see 'con' in your name.

And, unlike you, I got the spelling right.

Con and wolfmoon are the same sock puppet of that douche who got banned a few weeks ago.

Thank you...

...I love a puppet show!

As long as they DON'T get automatic citizenship they might as well be given legality. Neither party is willing to deport the millions here. So, how about those who have been here for 24-1/2 years?????? The USA has gotten itself into a real pickle! They SHOULD have made more of an effort to stop them at the border when there was still time!

It seems to me that in CA they WANT the illegals because otherwise they would have approved E-Verify! BTW, don't plan on coming to live in Ca! It's a garbage pit. It is NO longer the Golden State - it's the GARBAGE STATE.

It seems to me that in CA they WANT the illegals because otherwise they would have approved E-Verify! BTW, don't plan on coming to live in Ca! It's a garbage pit. It is NO longer the Golden State - it's the GARBAGE STATE.
Southern California is a garbage pit. The Bay Area, Tahoe, Shasta, the wine country, Sacramento, Yosemite, and the north coast is beautiful..........okay, maybe not Sacramento. :lol:

Forum List

Back