The newt pandering for hispanic votes.

Liberals are the only ones who are up in arms over Newt's comment. Gee, there's a surprise! I think he makes a very reasoned and logical argument.

Newt 2012!

yeah, its the republicans who support allowing illegals to stay in the country and liberals who are against it........

Liberals are the only ones who are up in arms over Newt's comment. Gee, there's a surprise! I think he makes a very reasoned and logical argument.

Newt 2012!

yeah, its the republicans who support allowing illegals to stay in the country and liberals who are against it........

No but that wasn't and isn't his take on the issue. He very clearly noted FAMILIES in this country for a long period of time. Why is this such a difficult thing to grasp?

Newt 2012!

No but that wasn't and isn't his take on the issue. He very clearly noted FAMILIES in this country for a long period of time. Why is this such a difficult thing to grasp?

so if they get away with a crime long enough, they should be rewarded?

and if an illegal has lived here 5 years and has 2 kids, they should be punished?

newt also support the immigration law in arizona, which makes no note of not applying to those who have lived here a long time and have FAMILIES........

so if newt supports allowing illegals with FAMILIES to remain in america, but supports making it illegal for them to be able to find work, how does he expect illegals with FAMILIES to support those FAMILIES?

Last edited:
The next time there is some call for driver's licenses or college tuition issue I expect liberals will start screaming and marching in the streets to prevent it. The only time a leftist is against illegal immigration is when they can use it against a conservative.

and if an illegal has lived here 5 years and has 2 kids, they should be punished?

newt also support the immigration law in arizona, which makes no note of not applying to those who have lived here a long time and have FAMILIES........

so if newt supports allowing illegals with FAMILIES to remain in america, but supports making it illegal for them to be able to find work, how does he expect illegals with FAMILIES to support those FAMILIES?

It's known as Immigration overhaul.. something Barry and his administration has absolutely refused to do. The next President will have to actually LEAD and be an adult.. not campaign throughout his entire Presidency and go on a world wide apology tour.. Oh and let's not forget all of those parties for the first two years they Obamas held.. Life's a beach in the WH with Barry sitting there.. Fuck getting any of the country's biznez done..

It's known as Immigration overhaul.. something Barry and his administration has absolutely refused to do. The next President will have to actually LEAD and be an adult.. not campaign throughout his entire Presidency and go on a world wide apology tour.. Oh and let's not forget all of those parties for the first two years they Obamas held.. Life's a beach in the WH with Barry sitting there.. Fuck getting any of the country's biznez done..

yeah, nothing says leading like saying illegals should be allowed to remain in america, but make it illegal for them to find work........

this is going to be another of newts gaffes where it may have sounded great when he said it, but later he realizes he was actually being stupid........

Last edited:

1. I'm not a lawyer, but it seems to me that most crimes have a statute of limitations.
Do you disagree with the concept?

2. What crime was committed by those family members either born here, or below the age of majority when they were brought here by the adult in charge?

3. As for those who actully broke the law, how many years of tax-paying, civil behavior and serving in the armed forces of this nation would be enough to be allowed to remain?
Newt's premise seems serviceable to me.

4. This is one of those cases where the Left attempts to use a charge of hypocricy against the Right.
Seems pretty clear that the Right can't do the same with respect to a philosophy that has no ethical principles.

If he had said anything else, you'd be talking about how he wants to destroy families. So, yawn, can't expect anything else from a leftist.

Because I saw the debate, what he did say was that there is no will in America to deport anyone here over 25 years and had children and grandchildren. Can the left tell the truth? No.

Personally, I would like to see illegals taken out of hospitals and nursing homes and put on the bus, train or plane back. I'd like to see Grandma and Grandpa put in chains and dragged bodily from the baby's first birthday party. I can tell you, categorically, after years in the anti illegal movement, that there is no will in this country to do that so what Newt said was absolutely correct.

The left cannot tell the truth.

and did you hear the part where he said the humane thing to do was not to separate families with deportation but keep them together iwth legalization? You radical right wing nut do not want to hear the truth.

Last edited:
If he had said anything else, you'd be talking about how he wants to destroy families. So, yawn, can't expect anything else from a leftist.

Because I saw the debate, what he did say was that there is no will in America to deport anyone here over 25 years and had children and grandchildren. Can the left tell the truth? No.

Personally, I would like to see illegals taken out of hospitals and nursing homes and put on the bus, train or plane back. I'd like to see Grandma and Grandpa put in chains and dragged bodily from the baby's first birthday party. I can tell you, categorically, after years in the anti illegal movement, that there is no will in this country to do that so what Newt said was absolutely correct.

What the Newt said was the usually rhetoric pandering to Hispanics for votes. A round up is not the the only way to get illegal aliens to leave with gramps and gram and the anchor babies. which most anchor babies are Mexicans citizens also according to the Mexican constitutions.
Obama has deport over 400,000 each years he has been in office and they were rounded up and put on busses and planes.
Illegal immigration and automatic birthright citizenship separate families and deportation unites them. What about gramps and gram that were left in Mexico that have not seen their grand chidren. we can either unite them here or unite them there. I am for uniting them there. Imagine the cost of chain migration of old sick gramps and gram on welfare and in rest homes not know the language or culture. That is not humane to bring them here that is abuse.
You need to wake up and smell the reason why the border is being patrolled and illegal aliens are being deported.
All that has to be done it start the round up and the rest will self deport.

Last edited:

1. I'm not a lawyer, but it seems to me that most crimes have a statute of limitations.
Do you disagree with the concept?

2. What crime was committed by those family members either born here, or below the age of majority when they were brought here by the adult in charge?

3. As for those who actully broke the law, how many years of tax-paying, civil behavior and serving in the armed forces of this nation would be enough to be allowed to remain?
Newt's premise seems serviceable to me.

4. This is one of those cases where the Left attempts to use a charge of hypocricy against the Right.
Seems pretty clear that the Right can't do the same with respect to a philosophy that has no ethical principles.
Newt is clearlly the highest functioning GOP candidate, and has more experience on Capiol Hill than all of the others by far. The candidates that I would consider voting for over Obama, at this point, would be Newt, Ron, or Huntsman. Romney is too unoriginal, and kind of a scarecrow in the wind...Bachmann, Cain, and Perry are woefully irrational, and Santorum wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't so much of a fundamentalist.

But the reason I responded to your post, is because I agree that Newt's premise is servicable. It sounds like he recognizes the complexities of this issue. In fact, I'd dare to guess, that Newt may realize that the practicalities of immigration reform is the barrier, even more than conservative VS liberal ideology.

What the Newt said was the usually rhetoric pandering to Hispanics for votes. A round up is not the the only way to get illegal aliens to leave with gramps and gram and the anchor babies. which most anchor babies are Mexicans citizens also according to the Mexican constitutions.
Obama has deport over 400,000 each years he has been in office and they were rounded up and put on busses and planes.
Illegal immigration and automatic birthright citizenship separate families and deportation unites them. What about gramps and gram that were left in Mexico that have not seen their grand chidren. we can either unite them here or unite them there. I am for uniting them there. Imagine the cost of chain migration of old sick gramps and gram on welfare and in rest homes not know the language or culture. That is not humane to bring them here that is abuse.
You need to wake up and smell the reason why the border is being patrolled and illegal aliens are being deported.
All that has to be done it start the round up and the rest will self deport.

You Go Girl!

Newt is right.. Some of these folks have been living here illegally for decades. They have kids and grandkids born here so they are citizens. Its to bad we can't kick em out but it just ain't never gonna happen.

Both parties have had ample time to secure the border but it never gets done. They are both vying for the Hispanic vote and getting reelected trumps what it costs the taxpayers in social services to support these illegals.

We need our border secured and I'm hoping a new President will see that its done.

I consider myself fairly conservative, but I agree whole-heartedly with Newt. Considering the parameters he listed, I'm fine with such folks staying.

The key word for me was 'families.'
You're not fairly conservative...you're arch righty conservative........Ann Coulter conservative.........maybe not Lyndon Larouche conservative...........but nowhere near "fairly" conservative.....:lol:

Now...see what happens when one uses subjective and comparative terminology.

Do you have a one-to-ten scale?

One to one hundred?

Sure would like to see my mark (I've always shot for ninety or better).

In my opinion, I say Mass Deportation is the only solution. We need to close and secure the Southern border with the military. Then round up the illegal aliens and put them in REX84 FEMA CAMPS, and then process them. Next step is to provide them with transportation to ship them back to their countries of origin. Repeat process. Let the harden criminal in our jails and prisons be deported last. Now, that sounds like lots of jobs for Americans.

It’s cheaper to deport the illegal aliens than it is to keep them and let them multiply. The minute we give amnesty to 20 million illegal aliens they’ll be eligible for Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, Welfare and all other social services. Most illegal aliens have less than a 6th grade education and have been proven to over use the existing systems and social service programs.

Because of their low education levels the illegal aliens will use the free public services more than the average American citizens. Even though the illegal aliens do pay sales taxes and some pay social security taxes they still use more dollars in public services than they pay in taxes each year. The American tax payers will have their taxes raised if we legalize them. Would you like that? Who else is going to pay for them, China?

The illegal aliens will out breed us in a very short time and will become the majority of the population and the majority of the political vote and then they'll be telling us what to do. Would you like that? No, me either.

The illegal aliens and their children will become a terrible tax burden on the American taxpayers. We won’t be able to afford the costs of the illegal aliens without cutting ourselves off from any benefits. We’ll be force to live a lower standard of living and the American children’s future will be financially destitute.

The health and welfare of the nation will be greatly diminished. We may even sink so financially low that rogue nations may gang up and attack us.

We need to cut our financial loses and deport the illegal aliens ASAP! Then we need to stop all immigration for the next 5 years. One way to drive out the illegal aliens is to incorporated the E-Verify System and make every employer use it, to verify that a person is a U.S. citizen before they hire them.

The politicians purposely created this illegal immigration problem so, that they could cut the throats of the working class Americans and drive down wages. The politicians use the illegal aliens to provide cheap labor for big businesses who contribute huge campaign contributions to their reelection needs.

If our lawmakers aren’t going to demand that everyone obey the laws of the land then they better start letting low level American criminals out of jails and prisons right now. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander. (Identity theft is a felony 5yrs in prison, $250,000.00 fine and that's just one.)

SOURCE:

A report shows 75% of illegal aliens have less than a 6th grade education. Over 71% have children. 30% admit of using forged social security cards, and half of them have done so, for more than 5 years.
http://www.thesocialcontract.com/pdf/three-one/sandiego.pdf

Two-thirds of illegal aliens lack a high school degree, the primary reason they create a fiscal deficit is their low education levels and resulting low incomes and tax payments, into their legal status or heavy use of most social services.
http://www.gao.gov/archive/1998/he98030.pdf

In 2007, legal and illegal aliens cost the federal government more than $346 BILLION dollars and the U.S. taxpayers paid more than $ 9,000. For each immigrant in the country!
http://www.esrresearch.com/Rubensteinreport.pdf

The National Policy Institute "estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period."
http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/pdf/deportation.pdf

"Estimate for Deporting Illegal Immigrants: $94 Billion", the number was arrived at by multiplying 12 million illegal aliens by the average cost of detaining people for a day: $97. That was multiplied by detention time: 32 days. They also added transportation cost of $ 1,000.00 per person.
http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/09/13/estimate-for-deporting-illegal-immigrants-94-billion/?hp
OR
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/12/deportation.cost/index.html

Amnesty Costs 70 Times More Than Enforcement, the cost of amnesty: $999 billion. The cost of attrition by enforcement: as little as $14 billion. Amnesty would cost up to 70 times as much as enforcing existing law. Source: The Heritage Foundation
http://www.numbersusa.com/content/learn/illegal-immigration/amnesty-costs-10-times-more-than-enforcement.html

“Based on studies by the Pew Hispanic Center and the Heritage Foundation, households headed by less-educated illegal aliens use $40 billion more in public services each year than they pay in taxes.”
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0904/09/ldt.01.html

U.S. households headed by illegal aliens used $26.3 billion in government services during 2002, but paid $16 billion in taxes, an annual cost to taxpayers of $10 billion. It's reasonable to expect those costs to continue to soar if action is not taken to turn the tide.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2004/dec/06/20041206-102115-6766r/

If current trends continue, the population of the United States will rise to 438 million in 2050, from 296 million in 2005, and 82% of the increase will be due to immigrants. The non-Hispanic white population will increase more slowly than other racial and ethnic groups; whites will become a minority (47%) by 2050.
http://pewhispanic.org/files/reports/85.pdf

In addition, immigrant adults tend to have higher rates of fertility than do native-born adults. As of 2008, the total fertility rate among females ages 15 to 44 was 2.0 for the native born and 2.7 for immigrants. Hispanics who live in the U.S. have higher rates of fertility than do whites, blacks or Asians. Source: Immigrants, Parenthood and Fertility, Page 3. http://pewhispanic.org/files/reports/125.pdf

Last edited:
I consider myself fairly conservative, but I agree whole-heartedly with Newt. Considering the parameters he listed, I'm fine with such folks staying.

The key word for me was 'families.'
You're not fairly conservative...you're arch righty conservative........Ann Coulter conservative.........maybe not Lyndon Larouche conservative...........but nowhere near "fairly" conservative.....:lol:

One to one hundred?

From what little I know......I'd put you at 97% for adherance to the "conservative" platform, whatever that really is....and I've seen nothing that indicates that you have one tiny liberal bone in your body. Your support for Newt's position keeps you off the fringe where the 100%'ers go.

And I don't think the fringers think nearly as much as you do, and they definitly don't put together well presented arguments for thier positions like you do.

Last edited:
THE NEWT PANDERING FOR HISPANIC VOTES.

What the Newt said was that we are not going to deport 11 million aliens by rounding them up. Not going to deport them does not mean we cannot. Over 400,000 were deported last year. No one has suggested that and that is just more pro-amnesty rhetoric for amnesty. But Newt rounding them up and putting them in holding camps and them putting them on busses, trains, planes and donkeys are not the only way to deport them. If the cannot work them will leave. The present economy has proved that. One million plus have self-deported because they cannot find work. Does that mean there is work in Mexico where the unemployment rate is 4.5%?

Is the Newt for amnesty? You bet he is. Has he not heard of E-Verify?
Someone please tell the Newt the damage that illegal aliens are doing to America and Americans and why we are spending million trying to secure the border and why border patrol agents are busting their butts chasing illegal aliens cross the desert day and night.
People like the Newt is the reason we have illegal immigration in the first place.

Is Gingrich pro-amnesty for illegal immigrants? Please. - The Insiders - The Washington Post

Newt just stepped in Quick Sand.

One to one hundred?

From what little I know......I'd put you at 97% for adherance to the "conservative" platform, whatever that really is....and I've seen nothing that indicates that you have one tiny liberal bone in your body. Your support for Newt's position keeps you off the fringe where the 100%'ers go.

And I don't think the fringers think nearly as much as you do, and they definitly don't put together well presented arguments for thier positions like you do.

"...you have one tiny liberal bone in your body."

Think I can have that taken care of under ObamaCare?

Hispanics aren't stupid enough to vote for Newt, no matter what he says.

Bull shit. They see someone in the White House that will fight to make it legal for them to stay here and they'll vote them, period. Stop insinuating Hispanics are so stupid.

And another thing Newt made very clear, although he'd make it so that illegals could legally remain in America, SOME of them, he also made it perfectly clear that they would NEVER have "citizenship." The only way you're going to get that is come to this country the RIGHT way, LEGALLY.

Newt is right on the money with this one, and I don't think he'll lose much if any support at all. If anything he'll pick some up.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back