The News Is Unwatchable

I was just thinking about this yesterday. I realized that, outside of tuning in to the live coverage from Las Vegas, I've pretty much stopped watching teevee "news" unless I'm just surfing by and watch for a moment.

The constant use of pundits and panels has just wrecked it. Advocacy journalism isn't "news". It's advocacy journalism.
I came to that conclusion back in 2007. Since I don't watch sports, I got rid of my TV.

Why should I pay for commercials?

All I needed then was videos and YouTube. Then Netflix and other streaming services came along, I've been set since. Being a free thinker has never been easier.
I spend most of my teevee time on SciFi, Discovery, Food Network and Netflix.

:laugh:

For "news", I just have to scrounge around online, trying to identify and piece together actual facts.

You wouldn't think it would need to be this difficult.
It isn't.

You are one of the more level headed on this forum.

5e025d0028e74d31a5794dc27768c2e9.jpg

I came to that conclusion back in 2007. Since I don't watch sports, I got rid of my TV.

Why should I pay for commercials?

All I needed then was videos and YouTube. Then Netflix and other streaming services came along, I've been set since. Being a free thinker has never been easier.

Neither has being a crazy person, and you are clearly a couple tacos short of a combination platter.

Here's how I consume news. I recognize that the source has a bias because everyone has a bias. Then I read and watch a little bit of everything.

Ha ha.

You should never, ever read or watch a source and prejudge it based on the source. You should be critical of the information only.

If you prejudge a source, you have committed a fallacy.

But then, I could expect as much since you have prejudged me.

slide_12.jpg

I just don't get why people get jacked up about all of this stuff.
I mean, okay, you care, do something.. but people just want to talk talk talk... same stuff over and over... and not just the media. People, and not just people here, people everywhere.... it's like a form of gossip, it's like the get off on it with their "faux" shock and concern. Makes me sick
My thoughts are with all of the victims of mainstream media news broadcasts.

I disagree as there is no need to beat y=up on your favorite foe and Mud and I rarely agree anyway. LOL

Australia did something.

Dear America. Gun Control Works. Please, Please Do It. Love, Australia.
Dear America: Gun Control Works. Please, Please Do It. Love, Australia.

"The current Australian gun laws were passed after 35 were killed and 23 wounded in a 1996 mass shooting in Port Arthur, Tasmania. The shooter was able to buy his assault rifle, even though later he was later determined by authorities to have an IQ of 11. There hasn't been a mass shooting in Australia since then." Article not found - WOW.com

"In 1991, Warren E. Burger, the conservative chief justice of the Supreme Court, was interviewed on the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour about the meaning of the Second Amendment's "right to keep and bear arms." Burger answered that the Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud--I repeat the word 'fraud'--on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In a speech in 1992, Burger declared that "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. "In his view, the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state."

Guns kill 1,300 US children every year, study finds

Guns kill 1,300 US children every year

A day in America

"3 adults, 1 child found shot to death inside Alaska hotel room
Police: Man shot dead while trying to stop man from beating woman
3 shot while hanging Christmas lights amid fight with driver
Good Samaritan fatally shot outside Northwest Side Walmart
Accused Charleston church shooter Dylann Roof competent to stand trial"

You are not going to win any argument about guns etc with facts and reason for beliefs are not based on facts and reason they are based on emotion.

Guns make Americans look like crack users.

Abortion kills a thousand times more children than guns.

One can expect several days of coverage in the aftermath of the Las Vegas shooting from our bloodthirsty media.
They totally dropped Puerto Rico and now they're giving us wall-to-wall coverage of every angle, every facet, every single detail of the sick act of a crazed individual.
I wonder if this will give copycats ideas.
I have no intention of watching this shit.

Somebody let me know when it's over.
No doubt, anti-gun nutters are the most fucked up of people...

Last edited:
I disagree as there is no need to beat y=up on your favorite foe and Mud and I rarely agree anyway. LOL

Australia did something.

"The current Australian gun laws were passed after 35 were killed and 23 wounded in a 1996 mass shooting in Port Arthur, Tasmania. The shooter was able to buy his assault rifle, even though later he was later determined by authorities to have an IQ of 11. There hasn't been a mass shooting in Australia since then." Article not found - WOW.com

"In 1991, Warren E. Burger, the conservative chief justice of the Supreme Court, was interviewed on the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour about the meaning of the Second Amendment's "right to keep and bear arms." Burger answered that the Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud--I repeat the word 'fraud'--on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In a speech in 1992, Burger declared that "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. "In his view, the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state."

A day in America

You are not going to win any argument about guns etc with facts and reason for beliefs are not based on facts and reason they are based on emotion.

Abortion kills a thousand times more children than guns.

2017 Real Time Death Statistics in America

One can expect several days of coverage in the aftermath of the Las Vegas shooting from our bloodthirsty media.
They totally dropped Puerto Rico and now they're giving us wall-to-wall coverage of every angle, every facet, every single detail of the sick act of a crazed individual.

So says an accessory to murder. How many 'bump' stocks have you sold, asshole?

They are not overly practical at all, nonetheless they should not be banned

I wonder if you even noticed the targets of this attack, asshole?
They sure as hell weren't Antifa.
Seems like liberals are targeting conservatives in a series of attacks.
Maybe we need to control liberals, not the tools they use to attack conservatives.

How many abortions have you supported? Millions? Mostly black babies, you racist asshole.

This will all end when the Dems and their lackeys in the media get humiliated in the 2018 election cycle. At that point the Democratic Party as we know it might cease to exist and could even break up into two factions. However, you are right, if ISIS isn't behind this horrific massacre, rest assured they have taken notes and will start using this method.

I wonder if you even noticed the targets of this attack, asshole?
They sure as hell weren't Antifa.
Seems like liberals are targeting conservatives in a series of attacks.
Maybe we need to control liberals, not the tools they use to attack conservatives.
We need to profile Muslims...and Liberals.

Australia did something.

A day in America

Jimmy Kimmel Is Sincerely Wrong about Guns

It’s a sad fact that there’s not much any nation can do to defend itself from a multimillionaire hell-bent on mass murder — especially when he has no criminal history, no record of mental illness, and no record of radical political or religious beliefs. It’s telling that law-enforcement officers reportedly found bomb-making materials in his car. The worst murders in American history have been committed with box cutters, planes, and bombs — not firearms — and the recent truck-ramming in Nice, France, took a far greater human toll than any American mass shooting. Humanity has struggled to neutralize evil men for millennia. For millennia, we have failed. It doesn’t mean that we don’t continue to try. It doesn’t mean that we close ourselves off to innovative solutions and new ideas. It does mean, however, that even the best of intentions and the most genuine of monologues have to be exposed to the cold light of law, reason, and facts. Sincerity only makes misinformation more dangerous. Kimmel is misleading Americans, and when he misleads, he’s not acting as a “moral authority,” he’s clouding the debate.

Read more at: Jimmy Kimmel Is Sincerely Wrong about Guns

How many abortions have you supported? Millions? Mostly black babies, you racist asshole.
It's always so sad to hear about all those women who have been forced to have abortions.

Australia did something.

A day in America

It’s a sad fact that there’s not much any nation can do to defend itself from a multimillionaire hell-bent on mass murder — especially when he has no criminal history, no record of mental illness, and no record of radical political or religious beliefs. It’s telling that law-enforcement officers reportedly found bomb-making materials in his car. The worst murders in American history have been committed with box cutters, planes, and bombs — not firearms — and the recent truck-ramming in Nice, France, took a far greater human toll than any American mass shooting. Humanity has struggled to neutralize evil men for millennia. For millennia, we have failed. It doesn’t mean that we don’t continue to try. It doesn’t mean that we close ourselves off to innovative solutions and new ideas. It does mean, however, that even the best of intentions and the most genuine of monologues have to be exposed to the cold light of law, reason, and facts. Sincerity only makes misinformation more dangerous. Kimmel is misleading Americans, and when he misleads, he’s not acting as a “moral authority,” he’s clouding the debate.

Read more at: Jimmy Kimmel Is Sincerely Wrong about Guns

He has absolutely zero credibility on the issue

I read this morning that the police now think he was medicated and may have had a political motive.

It's always so sad to hear about all those women who have been forced to have abortions.
So your happy that in New york, more black babies are aborted than born? Does that make you feel jolly inside?

Forum List

Back