The News Is Unwatchable

One can expect several days of coverage in the aftermath of the Las Vegas shooting from our bloodthirsty media.
They totally dropped Puerto Rico and now they're giving us wall-to-wall coverage of every angle, every facet, every single detail of the sick act of a crazed individual.
I wonder if this will give copycats ideas.
I have no intention of watching this shit.

Somebody let me know when it's over.
No doubt, anti-gun nutters are the most fucked up of people...
So says an accessory to murder. How many 'bump' stocks have you sold, asshole?
How many abortions have you supported? Millions? Mostly black babies, you racist asshole.
It's always so sad to hear about all those women who have been forced to have abortions.
Nobody forced this guy to shoot up a concert.

One can expect several days of coverage in the aftermath of the Las Vegas shooting from our bloodthirsty media.
They totally dropped Puerto Rico and now they're giving us wall-to-wall coverage of every angle, every facet, every single detail of the sick act of a crazed individual.

Typical Trumpette, stick your head in the snd & hope it ends soon instead of facing the issues & working toward a solution.

I disagree as there is no need to beat y=up on your favorite foe and Mud and I rarely agree anyway. LOL

Australia did something.

Dear America. Gun Control Works. Please, Please Do It. Love, Australia.
Dear America: Gun Control Works. Please, Please Do It. Love, Australia.

"The current Australian gun laws were passed after 35 were killed and 23 wounded in a 1996 mass shooting in Port Arthur, Tasmania. The shooter was able to buy his assault rifle, even though later he was later determined by authorities to have an IQ of 11. There hasn't been a mass shooting in Australia since then." Article not found - WOW.com

"In 1991, Warren E. Burger, the conservative chief justice of the Supreme Court, was interviewed on the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour about the meaning of the Second Amendment's "right to keep and bear arms." Burger answered that the Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud--I repeat the word 'fraud'--on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In a speech in 1992, Burger declared that "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. "In his view, the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state."

Guns kill 1,300 US children every year, study finds

Guns kill 1,300 US children every year

A day in America

"3 adults, 1 child found shot to death inside Alaska hotel room
Police: Man shot dead while trying to stop man from beating woman
3 shot while hanging Christmas lights amid fight with driver
Good Samaritan fatally shot outside Northwest Side Walmart
Accused Charleston church shooter Dylann Roof competent to stand trial"

You are not going to win any argument about guns etc with facts and reason for beliefs are not based on facts and reason they are based on emotion.

Guns make Americans look like crack users.

Jimmy Kimmel Is Sincerely Wrong about Guns

It’s a sad fact that there’s not much any nation can do to defend itself from a multimillionaire hell-bent on mass murder — especially when he has no criminal history, no record of mental illness, and no record of radical political or religious beliefs. It’s telling that law-enforcement officers reportedly found bomb-making materials in his car. The worst murders in American history have been committed with box cutters, planes, and bombs — not firearms — and the recent truck-ramming in Nice, France, took a far greater human toll than any American mass shooting. Humanity has struggled to neutralize evil men for millennia. For millennia, we have failed. It doesn’t mean that we don’t continue to try. It doesn’t mean that we close ourselves off to innovative solutions and new ideas. It does mean, however, that even the best of intentions and the most genuine of monologues have to be exposed to the cold light of law, reason, and facts. Sincerity only makes misinformation more dangerous. Kimmel is misleading Americans, and when he misleads, he’s not acting as a “moral authority,” he’s clouding the debate.

Read more at: Jimmy Kimmel Is Sincerely Wrong about Guns

He has absolutely zero credibility on the issue

Who, Kimmel? Or the National Review author, Constitutional attorney David French?

I keep tuning in for one reason..........to see when one of those media bozo's asks why the fuck it took an hour and 12 minutes to get to the shooters room? Nobody is asking this ?..........fascinating. I mean c'mon now...........epic levels of incompetence.

Typical Trumpette, stick your head in the snd & hope it ends soon instead of facing the issues & working toward a solution.

You mean solutions to end mass shootings s0n?:2up:

What are your solutions genius?:dunno::bye1::bye1:

No amount of frivolous gun laws would stop any of these mass shootings...

I disagree as there is no need to beat y=up on your favorite foe and Mud and I rarely agree anyway. LOL

Australia did something.

Dear America. Gun Control Works. Please, Please Do It. Love, Australia.
Dear America: Gun Control Works. Please, Please Do It. Love, Australia.

"The current Australian gun laws were passed after 35 were killed and 23 wounded in a 1996 mass shooting in Port Arthur, Tasmania. The shooter was able to buy his assault rifle, even though later he was later determined by authorities to have an IQ of 11. There hasn't been a mass shooting in Australia since then." Article not found - WOW.com

"In 1991, Warren E. Burger, the conservative chief justice of the Supreme Court, was interviewed on the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour about the meaning of the Second Amendment's "right to keep and bear arms." Burger answered that the Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud--I repeat the word 'fraud'--on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In a speech in 1992, Burger declared that "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. "In his view, the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state."

Guns kill 1,300 US children every year, study finds

Guns kill 1,300 US children every year

A day in America

"3 adults, 1 child found shot to death inside Alaska hotel room
Police: Man shot dead while trying to stop man from beating woman
3 shot while hanging Christmas lights amid fight with driver
Good Samaritan fatally shot outside Northwest Side Walmart
Accused Charleston church shooter Dylann Roof competent to stand trial"

You are not going to win any argument about guns etc with facts and reason for beliefs are not based on facts and reason they are based on emotion.

Guns make Americans look like crack users.

It’s a sad fact that there’s not much any nation can do to defend itself from a multimillionaire hell-bent on mass murder — especially when he has no criminal history, no record of mental illness, and no record of radical political or religious beliefs. It’s telling that law-enforcement officers reportedly found bomb-making materials in his car. The worst murders in American history have been committed with box cutters, planes, and bombs — not firearms — and the recent truck-ramming in Nice, France, took a far greater human toll than any American mass shooting. Humanity has struggled to neutralize evil men for millennia. For millennia, we have failed. It doesn’t mean that we don’t continue to try. It doesn’t mean that we close ourselves off to innovative solutions and new ideas. It does mean, however, that even the best of intentions and the most genuine of monologues have to be exposed to the cold light of law, reason, and facts. Sincerity only makes misinformation more dangerous. Kimmel is misleading Americans, and when he misleads, he’s not acting as a “moral authority,” he’s clouding the debate.

Read more at: Jimmy Kimmel Is Sincerely Wrong about Guns

He has absolutely zero credibility on the issue

Who, Kimmel? Or the National Review author, Constitutional attorney David French?

Jimmy

I was just thinking about this yesterday. I realized that, outside of tuning in to the live coverage from Las Vegas, I've pretty much stopped watching teevee "news" unless I'm just surfing by and watch for a moment.

The constant use of pundits and panels has just wrecked it. Advocacy journalism isn't "news". It's advocacy journalism.
I came to that conclusion back in 2007. Since I don't watch sports, I got rid of my TV.

Why should I pay for commercials?

All I needed then was videos and YouTube. Then Netflix and other streaming services came along, I've been set since. Being a free thinker has never been easier.

Yeah. You're a free thinker who doesn't believe any fucking thing that's ever in the news. Brilliant.

I was just thinking about this yesterday. I realized that, outside of tuning in to the live coverage from Las Vegas, I've pretty much stopped watching teevee "news" unless I'm just surfing by and watch for a moment.

The constant use of pundits and panels has just wrecked it. Advocacy journalism isn't "news". It's advocacy journalism.
I came to that conclusion back in 2007. Since I don't watch sports, I got rid of my TV.

All I needed then was videos and YouTube. Then Netflix and other streaming services came along, I've been set since. Being a free thinker has never been easier.
I spend most of my teevee time on SciFi, Discovery, Food Network and Netflix.

:laugh:

For "news", I just have to scrounge around online, trying to identify and piece together actual facts.

You wouldn't think it would need to be this difficult.
It isn't.

You are one of the more level headed on this forum.

5e025d0028e74d31a5794dc27768c2e9.jpg

I'm upping my stake in Kleenex and lotion.

Yeah. You're a free thinker who doesn't believe any fucking thing that's ever in the news. Brilliant.

Ineffective and inane sarcasm noted.

They have been caught and proven lying and decieving multiple times, why should anyone take them at face value? If I can corroborate what they are saying, sure I'll believe them. Only a fool would believe otherwise.

These are examples of media lies that have since become history, a history that is now warped and confused, even in schools.

History Lessons Your Teacher Lied to You About | Reader's Digest

The 5 Ballsiest Lies the Mainstream Media Passed Off as Fact

They have been caught and proven lying and decieving multiple times, why should anyone take them at face value? If I can corroborate what they are saying, sure I'll believe them. Only a fool would believe otherwise.

These are examples of media lies that have since become history, a history that is now warped and confused, even in schools.

I'm gonna say this once. Read carefully.

I'm a person who demands evidence before I offer a judgement. I know that "the gubmint" hasn't always been straight with the populace. But you fuckers need help. This shit is 100 PERCENT HAPPENNING UNDER PUBLIC SCRUTINY.

You fucking gullible idiot. There is no lie being told in the course of this reporting that will withstand this level of public scrutiny. Alex fucking Jones will not uncover a god damned conspiracy when it comes to a fucking event like this.

There is NO WAY IN HELL that YOU have a more critical mind than I do. No way. What you have is a demented mind which, having bought lies for decades, has no idea what is truth and what is bullshit.

Trusted news sources print or make retractions when they discover that they have reported inaccurate info. They don't work feverishly to spin their bullshit ( Jones, Brietbart, Fox ). They admit their error.

The NYT, WashPo, CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS. These sources have standards. They can be trusted because they admit their mistakes.

Now. You have been taught. Take it or leave it.

Last edited:

You can get some semblance of real news on PBS Newshour. If the world were burning, they would only give it 20 minutes. Then moving on.....

I'm gonna say this once. Read carefully.

I'm a person who demands evidence before I offer a judgement. I know that "the gubmint" hasn't always been straight with the populace. But you fuckers need help. This shit is 100 PERCENT HAPPENNING UNDER PUBLIC SCRUTINY.

You fucking gullible idiot. There is no lie being told in the course of this reporting that will withstand this level of public scrutiny. Alex fucking Jones will not uncover a god damned conspiracy when it comes to a fucking event like this.

There is NO WAY IN HELL that YOU have a more critical mind than I do. No way. What you have is a demented mind which, having bought lies for decades, has no idea what is truth and what is bullshit.

Trusted news sources print or make retractions when they discover that they have reported inaccurate info. They don't work feverishly to spin their bullshit ( Jones, Brietbart, Fox ). They admit their error.

The NYT, WashPo, CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS. These sources have standards. They can be trusted because they admit there mistakes.

Now. You have been taught. Take it or leave it.
Well said. It won't help, but it was worth saying.

I keep tuning in for one reason..........to see when one of those media bozo's asks why the fuck it took an hour and 12 minutes to get to the shooters room? Nobody is asking this ?..........fascinating. I mean c'mon now...........epic levels of incompetence.
They tried to storm the room right away-- at about minute 10, and he shot through the door (they didn't know he had security cams on them) . So they called in SWAT and cleared the floor of guests and otherwise battened down the hatches before they set off the explosives. Probably clearing the guests off the 32nd floor (I don't know if they cleared floors above/below) took longer than getting the SWAT team there. It wasn't that late, so a lot of them were probably still awake.

They tried to storm the room right away-- at about minute 10, and he shot through the door (they didn't know he had security cams on them) . So they called in SWAT and cleared the floor of guests and otherwise battened down the hatches before they set off the explosives. Probably clearing the guests off the 32nd floor (I don't know if they cleared floors above/below) took longer than getting the SWAT team there. It wasn't that late, so a lot of them were probably still awake.
Even though the initial rush at his door didn't complete the mission, it DID do the trick, because Paddock killed himself after shooting at them through the door. No more shooting out the window.

Perhaps MSM drove Paddock over the cliff mentally?

Forum List

Back