The Mouse That Would Not DIE!

I have had 2 wireless mice, and they failed on me. Then again, I'm a gamer and using the mouse to sword fight doesn't make for a long life for them. I prefer using the wired USB kind.
And they suck battery life so quick...I even used rechargeable but gave up on the constant maint....
If you buy a quality product it can work even two years with two AAA batteries. I had a Logitech that could.

I have had 2 wireless mice, and they failed on me. Then again, I'm a gamer and using the mouse to sword fight doesn't make for a long life for them. I prefer using the wired USB kind.
And they suck battery life so quick...I even used rechargeable but gave up on the constant maint....
If you buy a quality product it can work even two years with two AAA batteries. I had a Logitech that could.
I had an HP one along with one from Coke rewards...

Mine has an 18-month battery guarantee, so I don't know what in the hell HE is talking about. He's probably never even had a wireless mouse before and has no idea what he's talking about.

I've been using a bluetooth mouse for a couple of years now and I've had no problems with it. Battery life is good too. It turns itself off if it isn't being used for a length of time and all you have to do is wiggle it a couple of times and it turns itself back on.

I don't play any games or anything on this computer. This is my work computer. The only other thing I do is, when things are slow at work, I might come here and browse a bit, but I don't play games while at work at all, so that issue of wearing it out playing too many games wouldn't be a problem for me. I only play on my lap top. :)

Well, my rabbit chewed through my mouse cord this morning, so I had to take a trip to the store to get a new mouse. I went to Walmart because it was early, and I wasn't sure any other stores would be open yet. They had such a terrible selection. They had exactly ONE model of wired mouse and TWO models that were wireless. I bought a wireless one (my first) only because the rabbit chews through my cord, and I don't use that computer for play, only for working, so I'm thinking the wireless mouse should work fine for my needs.

images

Well, my rabbit chewed through my mouse cord this morning, so I had to take a trip to the store to get a new mouse. I went to Walmart because it was early, and I wasn't sure any other stores would be open yet. They had such a terrible selection. They had exactly ONE model of wired mouse and TWO models that were wireless. I bought a wireless one (my first) only because the rabbit chews through my cord, and I don't use that computer for play, only for working, so I'm thinking the wireless mouse should work fine for my needs.

images

:lol: That's adorable!

Mine has an 18-month battery guarantee, so I don't know what in the hell HE is talking about. He's probably never even had a wireless mouse before and has no idea what he's talking about.

Fortunately for me, I have several wired mice around the house so that is what I will use. It is regretful that the world has moved to wireless everything, but I am old school and will continue to resist the use of wireless devices. They are not what they claim to be.

UPDATE...my mouse staged another rebellion over the weekend....I thought I'd fixed him it but he fooled me....no cursor again.....I really didn't want to take it apart again because it's difficult to line up the front clips and one push against the tiny little components could kill it permanently....but I did....and this time I decided to use a tiny piece of electrical tape on the frayed wire sheathing. Too thick....wouldn't close back up....this was at 8:25 pm.....Best Buy closes at 9 and I'm 15 minutes from them....so I told Mr. Mouse he had 15 minutes to live if I couldn't fix him.....I stared at him....he avoided eye contact....I figured I had one move left....to twist the wire a half turn and hold it tight while I fit the top back on with my other hand.....after half a dozen attempts the cover finally closed with both clickers clicking.....I told him this was it.....zero dark 30.....either he was fixed or he was junk....which would it be? I snapped the business end into the USB port and moved the mouse....the screen-saver vanished....the mouse was once again....ALIVE!

oksUN.gif

I use mine for gaming so it sucks a load of juice...

Fortunately for me, I have several wired mice around the house so that is what I will use. It is regretful that the world has moved to wireless everything, but I am old school and will continue to resist the use of wireless devices. They are not what they claim to be.

Why is it regretful? Who wants all of those wires all over the place? Not me. Maybe you just don't like change? :)

I use mine for gaming so it sucks a load of juice...

Really? Because mine works great. :up:

UPDATE...my mouse staged another rebellion over the weekend....I thought I'd fixed him it but he fooled me....no cursor again.....I really didn't want to take it apart again because it's difficult to line up the front clips and one push against the tiny little components could kill it permanently....but I did....and this time I decided to use a tiny piece of electrical tape on the frayed wire sheathing. Too thick....wouldn't close back up....this was at 8:25 pm.....Best Buy closes at 9 and I'm 15 minutes from them....so I told Mr. Mouse he had 15 minutes to live if I couldn't fix him.....I stared at him....he avoided eye contact....I figured I had one move left....to twist the wire a half turn and hold it tight while I fit the top back on with my other hand.....after half a dozen attempts the cover finally closed with both clickers clicking.....I told him this was it.....zero dark 30.....either he was fixed or he was junk....which would it be? I snapped the business end into the USB port and moved the mouse....the screen-saver vanished....the mouse was once again....ALIVE!

oksUN.gif

Just euthanize the poor thing and put it out of its misery once and for all! :razz:

Why is it regretful? Who wants all of those wires all over the place? Not me. Maybe you just don't like change? :)

I can embrace change if the new item lasts longer than a farting spell.

Forum List

Back