Anybody having Picasa issues?

Pogo

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2012
Fennario
I've used Picasa for I don't know how many years, for basic editing, regularly. Today for some reason I try to open it up and it just hangs and does nothing. Can't load it from a jpeg, can't start it on its own.

OK, I hear the database file gets corrupted and you have to uninstall/reinstall. Did that, including deleting the old database. Still won't open. I get the window that says "Picasa is ready to search for pictures on your computer" (which I never asked for or wanted it to do but it's Google, ergo nosy). That box gives two choices of where to search, but taking any action at all on it just hangs it up all over again. Goes nowhere.

I uninstalled and reinstalled again, once again wiping out the database file. STILL doesn't work.

This just came up today; I used it regularly through about a week ago. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Never used it. What applications are available with it? I thought it was just for photo hosting.

no troubles here...

other than I can't directly upload pictures from it to this site, usmb gives me a message the file is too big....

when this new site first opened it uploaded them and i never got an error message, but for about a month usmb has not let the pic uploads go thru, cuz ''file is too large'' crapola.

Never used it. What applications are available with it? I thought it was just for photo hosting.

You can photo host if you want but I use it for editing.
I've had it with Google's fucking shenanigans. I'm gonna go look for something else. I had a shitload of things to sell but without an editor I can't do it. I didn't want to burn up time in finding and exploring new software but with this going on I have no choice.

I've had it with Google's fucking shenanigans. I'm gonna go look for something else. I had a shitload of things to sell but without an editor I can't do it. I didn't want to burn up time in finding and exploring new software but with this going on I have no choice.
Try Bing.....you'll never go back.

Try Bing.....you'll never go back.

Bing Crosby edits photos? Had no idea.

Issues? Not really, but he never really appealed to my tastes...

pablo-picasso-frau-mit-hut-25673.jpg

Picasa. As in female. Oh wait, that's why she doesn't work. I told Google their program made my computer look fat and she went on strike.

Forum List

Back