The Mouse That Would Not DIE!

And they suck battery life so quick...I even used rechargeable but gave up on the constant maint....
If you buy a quality product it can work even two years with two AAA batteries. I had a Logitech that could.

Mine has an 18-month battery guarantee, so I don't know what in the hell HE is talking about. He's probably never even had a wireless mouse before and has no idea what he's talking about.

Fortunately for me, I have several wired mice around the house so that is what I will use. It is regretful that the world has moved to wireless everything, but I am old school and will continue to resist the use of wireless devices. They are not what they claim to be.

Why is it regretful? Who wants all of those wires all over the place? Not me. Maybe you just don't like change? :)

I can embrace change if the new item lasts longer than a farting spell.

:lol: Well, like anything else, I'm sure it will improve with time. I'll let you know how mine works out. So far, it works really good, and I absolutely LOVE not having a wire.

Save-the-mouse.jpg

I'd buy one of those wireless printers, but with my luck, my neighbor would be sending me her print jobs.

:laugh:

When I was with Protection One I had an incident where a guy's remote activated and deactivated his next door neighbor's alarm system. The odds of two identical codes sent from an alarm CPU are maybe 250,000-1 but it happened. Anything wireless can be mis-routed, drowned by a passing car's alternator, and hacked.

I'd buy one of those wireless printers, but with my luck, my neighbor would be sending me her print jobs.

I want a wireless keyboard next.

I'm should report you to PETA for cruelty to bunnies...how DARE you leave nothing for the poor little guy to chew on? Somebody get a rope....
cowboy.gif

He has plenty of things. I gave him an old blanket, a towel, and he has a cardboard box that he likes to chew on, not to mention all the food and snacks I give him. He is spoiled!

He has plenty of things. I gave him an old blanket, a towel, and he has a cardboard box that he likes to chew on, not to mention all the food and snacks I give him. He is spoiled!

Someday you'll come home and discover you have 10 rabbits....then 80....then 2,000......carrot money alone could be in the thousand$....you better make a little chastity belt for her.
sm0_zps2de1c26b.gif

Someday you'll come home and discover you have 10 rabbits....then 80....then 2,000......carrot money alone could be in the thousand$....you better make a little chastity belt for her.
sm0_zps2de1c26b.gif

I only have the one rabbit. :D I don't even really know if it's a boy or a girl, not that it really matters.

And they suck battery life so quick...I even used rechargeable but gave up on the constant maint....
If you buy a quality product it can work even two years with two AAA batteries. I had a Logitech that could.

Mine has an 18-month battery guarantee, so I don't know what in the hell HE is talking about. He's probably never even had a wireless mouse before and has no idea what he's talking about.

Fortunately for me, I have several wired mice around the house so that is what I will use. It is regretful that the world has moved to wireless everything, but I am old school and will continue to resist the use of wireless devices. They are not what they claim to be.

Why is it regretful? Who wants all of those wires all over the place? Not me. Maybe you just don't like change? :)

I can embrace change if the new item lasts longer than a farting spell.
I hear you. I tried a couple of the 2.4ghz wireless mice and they didn't last very long, only a few months, but then I tried bluetooth mice and have been using one at home for over 2 years and one at work for over a year with no problems with either so far. Knock on wood! :biggrin:

Apple's wireless mouse has been working good for 4+ years on this Mac. Tried a wireless keyboard - it sucks. All recent Apple keyboards are crap. Just ordered a high-end wired "Selectric" type and will see if that's as good as the one that came with a white "football" iMac back when Apple knew how to make kbds.

I only have the one rabbit. :D I don't even really know if it's a boy or a girl, not that it really matters.

Look under it's tail....it matters....they're little whores I tell ya.
mellow_zpsb3da8239.png

But I only have the ONE rabbit. It can't do itself, or maybe it can, but it can't make baby bunnies that way! :razz: That's right, I know about these things!

Apple's wireless mouse has been working good for 4+ years on this Mac. Tried a wireless keyboard - it sucks. All recent Apple keyboards are crap. Just ordered a high-end wired "Selectric" type and will see if that's as good as the one that came with a white "football" iMac back when Apple knew how to make kbds.

Why did the wireless keyboard suck?

The wireless aspect was good. The solar powering was good.

The touch was lousy (on a Selectric keyboard I typically can do 120+ WPM) with no real tactile feedback and so soft that keys repeated. S-L-O-W and error-prone. Had been using some cheap Selectric type keyboards from a Canadian outfit that were nice but lasted only about 6 months each. I ordered two at a time twice and would do so again but they've been discontinued.

Right now using a dirt-cheap iHome chicklet-keyed Apple clone that's marginally better than the spendy wireless. Still a hair better than the one that came with the computer.

The wireless aspect was good. The solar powering was good.

The touch was lousy (on a Selectric keyboard I typically can do 120+ WPM) with no real tactile feedback and so soft that keys repeated. S-L-O-W and error-prone. Had been using some cheap Selectric type keyboards from a Canadian outfit that were nice but lasted only about 6 months each. I ordered two at a time twice and would do so again but they've been discontinued.

Right now using a dirt-cheap iHome chicklet-keyed Apple clone that's marginally better than the spendy wireless. Still a hair better than the one that came with the computer.

Oh, thanks for that. I know now that I probably should not get a wireless keyboard because I have to be able to type fast for my job.

Forum List

Back