The media has no clothes on and the media admits it.

turzovka

Gold Member
Nov 20, 2012
The disgrace of this nation flows from all ports. The media admits they are not the guardians of truth and fairness any longer. They are no longer journalists being the watchdog against corrupt government or similar, they are cheerleaders for their own agendas. That is not how news should be reported or suppressed. That is for the editorial pages.

So what, right? Nobody cares, especially when this MSM is promoting your own wishes. Well I know what it’s like to be oppressed or made the fool. So now everyone can acknowledge the deck is stacked against a fair election.

But this is the line in the article that makes me chuckle or roll my eyes:

Rutenberg acknowledges that “balance has been on vacation since Mr. Trump stepped onto his golden Trump Tower escalator last year to announce his candidacy.”

What balance? What vacation? The leftist mainstream media has been hammering their agenda for 30 years or more. They have been in the game of social engineering, disparaging God and Christianity, vilifying Israel, championing abortion and gay everything, promoting promiscuity, you name it like forever. Just because it has become more obvious with Trump’s ascendency means nothing. Don’t try to B.S. again, MSM, and try to act like you are not deceivers and propaganda artists. If it were not for Fox (whom I am hardly in love with) your monopoly on swaying public opinion on all issues would have continued in perpetuity.

Media justify anti-Trump bias, claim he's too 'dangerous' for normal rules | Fox News

Media justify anti-Trump bias, claim he's too 'dangerous' for normal rules

By Howard Kurtz Published August 09, 2016

The media’s legions of Trump-bashers are finally acknowledging the obvious.

And trying their best to justify it.

But there’s one problem: Tilting against one candidate in a presidential election can’t be justified.

This is not a defense of Donald Trump, who has been at war with much of the press since he got in the race. Too many people think if you criticize the way the billionaire is being covered, you are somehow backing Trump.

And it’s not about the commentators, on the right as well as the left, who are savaging Trump, since they are paid for their opinions.

This is about the mainstream media’s reporters, editors and producers, whose credo is supposed to be fairness.

And now some of them are flat-out making the case for unfairness—an unprecedented approach for an unprecedented campaign.

Put aside, for the moment, the longstanding complaints about journalists being unfair to Republicans. They never treated Mitt Romney, John McCain, George W. Bush or Bob Dole like this.

Keep in mind that the media utterly misjudged Trump from the start, covering him as a joke or a sideshow or a streaking comet that would burn itself out. Many of them later confessed how wrong they had been, and that they had missed the magnitude of the anger and frustration that fueled Trump’s unlikely rise.

But since the conventions, and fueled by his own missteps, Trump has been hit by a tsunami of negative coverage, all but swamping the reporting on Hillary Clinton. Liberal investigative journalist Glenn Greenwald recently told Slate that “the U.S. media is essentially 100 percent united, vehemently, against Trump, and preventing him from being elected president”—and, given his views, he has no problem with that.

Now comes Jim Rutenberg, in his first season as media columnist for the New York Times. He’s a good reporter and I give him credit for trying to openly grapple with this bizarre situation.

But Rutenberg is, in my view, trying to defend the indefensible:

“If you view a Trump presidency as something that’s potentially dangerous, then your reporting is going to reflect that. You would move closer than you’ve ever been to being oppositional. That’s uncomfortable and uncharted territory for every mainstream, nonopinion journalist I’ve ever known, and by normal standards, untenable.”

Yet normal standards, says Rutenberg, may not apply.

By “closer to being oppositional,” he means openly siding against Trump and thereby helping Clinton. And that’s precisely the kind of thing that erodes our already damaged credibility. If a reporter believes Trump is a threat to America, he or she should go into the opinion business, or quit the media world and work against him. You can’t maintain the fig leaf of neutral reporting and favor one side.

Rutenberg acknowledges that “balance has been on vacation since Mr. Trump stepped onto his golden Trump Tower escalator last year to announce his candidacy. For the primaries and caucuses, the imbalance played to his advantage, captured by the killer statistic of the season: His nearly $2 billion in free media was more than six times as much as that of his closest Republican rival.”

I have to push back on this $2-billion argument. Trump got more coverage not just because he was good for clicks and ratings, but because he did many, many times more interviews than anyone else running. Much of this “free” media, rather than being a gift, was harshly negative. But that too helped Trump, because he drove the campaign dialogue and openly campaigned against the press.

Next Rutenberg argues that Trump is just too over the top in his rhetoric:

“And while coded appeals to racism or nationalism aren’t new — two words: Southern strategy — overt calls to temporarily bar Muslims from entry to the United States or questioning a federal judge’s impartiality based on his Mexican heritage are new.”

What’s disappointing is that Rutenberg doesn’t cite a single example of biased coverage from his paper, or any other paper or news outlet. (He does point to criticism from MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough, who is, as the columnist acknowledges, a commentator.)

Instead he quotes Carolyn Ryan, the Times’ senior editor for politics, as saying Trump’s candidacy is “extraordinary and precedent-shattering” and “to pretend otherwise is to be disingenuous with readers.”

And Rutenberg agrees, saying it would “be an abdication of political journalism’s most solemn duty: to ferret out what the candidates will be like in the most powerful office in the world.”

No one wants to abdicate that duty. No one is pretending Trump’s candidacy isn’t extraordinary. No one is saying he shouldn’t be fully vetted.

But there is an assumption among many journalists and pundits that of course Hillary Clinton is qualified, she’s been around forever, she just doesn’t need the relentless reporting that Trump requires. And so critical stories about Clinton—even when she said she “short-circuited” in that Chris Wallace interview on the email mess—are overshadowed by the endless piling on Trump.

Many of the reporters who feel compelled to stop Trump are undoubtedly comfortable because all their friends feel the same way.

But they are deluding themselves if they think that going after one candidate in a two-candidate race is what journalism is about.

Howard Kurtz is a Fox News analyst and the host of "MediaBuzz" (Sundays 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET). He is the author of five books and is based in Washington. Follow him at @HowardKurtz. Click here for more information on Howard Kurtz.

Your rant is pure bs....stop blaming others for the fucked up way Trump has ran his campaign, at least of all the fuckin media that pretty much handed this moron the nomination on a civil platter. Trump is his own worst enemy

Your rant is pure bs....stop blaming others for the fucked up way Trump has ran his campaign, at least of all the fuckin media that pretty much handed this moron the nomination on a civil platter. Trump is his own worst enemy
I liked it after seeing how the news reports faked Clinton crowds yesterday.

My "rant" is not about Trump, no surprise you were unable to pick up on that.

My rant is about the dishonest mainstream media who portray themselves as unbiased reporters and watchdogs of the truth. Just ADMIT that is not the truth. We are sick of your lying!

My rant is about the dishonest mainstream media who portray themselves as unbiased reporters and watchdogs of the truth.
Mainstream media has not had to be truthful since the fairness act was gutted.

The disgrace of this nation flows from all ports. The media admits they are not the guardians of truth and fairness any longer. They are no longer journalists being the watchdog against corrupt government or similar, they are cheerleaders for their own agendas. That is not how news should be reported or suppressed. That is for the editorial pages.

So what, right? Nobody cares, especially when this MSM is promoting your own wishes. Well I know what it’s like to be oppressed or made the fool. So now everyone can acknowledge the deck is stacked against a fair election.

Rutenberg acknowledges that “balance has been on vacation since Mr. Trump stepped onto his golden Trump Tower escalator last year to announce his candidacy.”

What balance? What vacation? The leftist mainstream media has been hammering their agenda for 30 years or more. They have been in the game of social engineering, disparaging God and Christianity, vilifying Israel, championing abortion and gay everything, promoting promiscuity, you name it like forever. Just because it has become more obvious with Trump’s ascendency means nothing. Don’t try to B.S. again, MSM, and try to act like you are not deceivers and propaganda artists. If it were not for Fox (whom I am hardly in love with) your monopoly on swaying public opinion on all issues would have continued in perpetuity.

Media justify anti-Trump bias, claim he's too 'dangerous' for normal rules | Fox News

But there’s one problem: Tilting against one candidate in a presidential election can’t be justified.

This is not a defense of Donald Trump, who has been at war with much of the press since he got in the race. Too many people think if you criticize the way the billionaire is being covered, you are somehow backing Trump.

And it’s not about the commentators, on the right as well as the left, who are savaging Trump, since they are paid for their opinions.

This is about the mainstream media’s reporters, editors and producers, whose credo is supposed to be fairness.

And now some of them are flat-out making the case for unfairness—an unprecedented approach for an unprecedented campaign.

Put aside, for the moment, the longstanding complaints about journalists being unfair to Republicans. They never treated Mitt Romney, John McCain, George W. Bush or Bob Dole like this.

Keep in mind that the media utterly misjudged Trump from the start, covering him as a joke or a sideshow or a streaking comet that would burn itself out. Many of them later confessed how wrong they had been, and that they had missed the magnitude of the anger and frustration that fueled Trump’s unlikely rise.

But since the conventions, and fueled by his own missteps, Trump has been hit by a tsunami of negative coverage, all but swamping the reporting on Hillary Clinton. Liberal investigative journalist Glenn Greenwald recently told Slate that “the U.S. media is essentially 100 percent united, vehemently, against Trump, and preventing him from being elected president”—and, given his views, he has no problem with that.

Now comes Jim Rutenberg, in his first season as media columnist for the New York Times. He’s a good reporter and I give him credit for trying to openly grapple with this bizarre situation.

“If you view a Trump presidency as something that’s potentially dangerous, then your reporting is going to reflect that. You would move closer than you’ve ever been to being oppositional. That’s uncomfortable and uncharted territory for every mainstream, nonopinion journalist I’ve ever known, and by normal standards, untenable.”

By “closer to being oppositional,” he means openly siding against Trump and thereby helping Clinton. And that’s precisely the kind of thing that erodes our already damaged credibility. If a reporter believes Trump is a threat to America, he or she should go into the opinion business, or quit the media world and work against him. You can’t maintain the fig leaf of neutral reporting and favor one side.

Rutenberg acknowledges that “balance has been on vacation since Mr. Trump stepped onto his golden Trump Tower escalator last year to announce his candidacy. For the primaries and caucuses, the imbalance played to his advantage, captured by the killer statistic of the season: His nearly $2 billion in free media was more than six times as much as that of his closest Republican rival.”

I have to push back on this $2-billion argument. Trump got more coverage not just because he was good for clicks and ratings, but because he did many, many times more interviews than anyone else running. Much of this “free” media, rather than being a gift, was harshly negative. But that too helped Trump, because he drove the campaign dialogue and openly campaigned against the press.

“And while coded appeals to racism or nationalism aren’t new — two words: Southern strategy — overt calls to temporarily bar Muslims from entry to the United States or questioning a federal judge’s impartiality based on his Mexican heritage are new.”

What’s disappointing is that Rutenberg doesn’t cite a single example of biased coverage from his paper, or any other paper or news outlet. (He does point to criticism from MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough, who is, as the columnist acknowledges, a commentator.)

Instead he quotes Carolyn Ryan, the Times’ senior editor for politics, as saying Trump’s candidacy is “extraordinary and precedent-shattering” and “to pretend otherwise is to be disingenuous with readers.”

And Rutenberg agrees, saying it would “be an abdication of political journalism’s most solemn duty: to ferret out what the candidates will be like in the most powerful office in the world.”

No one wants to abdicate that duty. No one is pretending Trump’s candidacy isn’t extraordinary. No one is saying he shouldn’t be fully vetted.

But there is an assumption among many journalists and pundits that of course Hillary Clinton is qualified, she’s been around forever, she just doesn’t need the relentless reporting that Trump requires. And so critical stories about Clinton—even when she said she “short-circuited” in that Chris Wallace interview on the email mess—are overshadowed by the endless piling on Trump.

Many of the reporters who feel compelled to stop Trump are undoubtedly comfortable because all their friends feel the same way.

But they are deluding themselves if they think that going after one candidate in a two-candidate race is what journalism is about.

Howard Kurtz is a Fox News analyst and the host of "MediaBuzz" (Sundays 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET). He is the author of five books and is based in Washington. Follow him at @HowardKurtz. Click here for more information on Howard Kurtz.

You are 100% correct, however it is the mainstream media that was directed by the Hillary campaign to elevate Trump as the nominee by broadcasting all his rallies (costing billions), because they had calculated that he would be the easiest to beat. And once he became the nominee, the MSM turned the spigot off and went in the full attack dog mode described in your article.

You are 100% correct, however it is the mainstream media that was directed by the Hillary campaign to elevate Trump as the nominee by broadcasting all his rallies (costing billions), because they had calculated that he would be the easiest to beat. And once he became the nominee, the MSM turned the spigot off and went in the full attack dog mode described in your article.
I think they may have miscalculated if that is their line of thinking.

I think you are correct, too, at least that is how I saw it.
The leftist media was more than happy to prop up everything Trump because one, it made for good copy, and two, he was looked upon as the easiest republican candidate to defeat if it should ever come to that.

Well, lo and behold, without the the intensive negative press generated by the relentless media and those within his own party, Trump surely would have been difficult to defeat.

Yes, he has been his own undoing in a number of ways as well, but every entity that can be against him in public is against him.

So far it's panned out, since they stopped showing Trump rallies, and went on full attack mode, Trump's poll numbers have taken a nose dive. Problem Is the republican establishment is also on Hillary's side.

So far it's panned out, since they stopped showing Trump rallies, and went on full attack mode, Trump's poll numbers have taken a nose dive. Problem Is the republican establishment is also on Hillary's side.
All the more reason to keep pushing the truth out in front of people that have not been paying attention and disclosing these media hacks every time they pull some shady bullshit.

My rant is about the dishonest mainstream media who portray themselves as unbiased reporters and watchdogs of the truth.
Mainstream media has not had to be truthful since the fairness act was gutted.

Truth and Consequences.

My rant is about the dishonest mainstream media who portray themselves as unbiased reporters and watchdogs of the truth. Just ADMIT that is not the truth. We are sick of your lying!

Yup. The media of today is busy making news, not reporting it.

They are a long way from honest journalism and reporting of the past and I doubt they will ever change.

Yup. The media of today is busy making news, not reporting it.

They are a long way from honest journalism and reporting of the past and I doubt they will ever change.
Thanks to the Democrats, the system of govt. that the Founders envisioned, with checks and balances between the different branches of govt. no longer exists. The Supreme Court and media have obviously been corrupted.

Any republican, conservative, independent, or liberal candidate for presidency has to take into account an effective strategy to deal with this, otherwise they will fail.

All the more reason to keep pushing the truth out in front of people that have not been paying attention and disclosing these media hacks every time they pull some shady bullshit.
I agree but how? You have one talking head after another on CNN and others, creating these bogus biased panels and their entire program is dedicated to bashing Trump.

Did the media make a big deal about an planned and orchestrated distruption of Trump's economic message by the Clinton campaign? There were 14 disruptions by hired thugs.

#repealFOTP

Make that trend on Twitter.

I agree but how? You have one talking head after another on CNN and others, creating these bogus biased panels and their entire program is dedicated to bashing Trump.
I don't think that many people watch CNN anymore. Personally we used social media to share with friends and family events and notifications for they would know what was going on. Our neighbors also spread news really fast even though many of those do not even have TV and some locally are Amish and don't have radios but do write family news letters each week. Being older and having traveled through the country taking the scenic routes through smaller areas we have gotten to know a lot of people throughout the country also. Between my husband and I our family members and extended family lives from coast to coast and north to south. The bulk of our family is in the West, Midwest and Texas but we have close and old friends from the Eastern Coast from Virginia down to South Florida. They share the information, news, studies and articles too with their friends.

Talking about CNN this one needs to go around.

Christopher C. Cuomo on Twitter

a faux news talking head speaking about "bias".

thanks for that.... I enjoy irony

a faux news talking head speaking about "bias".

thanks for that.... I enjoy irony

Yes, sure, enlightened one. But what Fox does to favor the right is pretty minor in scope compared to how unscrupulous all six of the other news networks (abc, cbs, nbc, cnn, pbs, msnbc) cover up for the crimes and lies and failures of Hildebeest and Obama. Those two are so dishonest, but you would never know it if you only watched "the big six" news channels (and that includes PBS). They downplay or don't give the whole story, more often than not they just stop reporting on it entirely. It's their way of serving the common good.

And there are tens of millions like you too full of yourselves to ever admit to the obvious.

Forum List

Back