The media doesn't like to have missing black/hispanic people in their news coverage

A Perez

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2015
I saw three articles in the front of the WaPo and NBC today. One was of an 8 year old girl who wa skidnapped and the other is about two white teenagers who disappeared. They are all white.

Although about HALF of the people who go missing in this country according to statistics are non-white, the media for some reason only reports (or 98/99% of the time) the disappearance of white people.

Maybe the newspaper people who make these decisions are all white so they identify better with white people.
Or maybe they consider white people cuter, or something, hoping that readers will read news accompanied by images of "cuter" people.

In this thread, we will analyze why the media only reports the disappearance of white people. Thanks.

I saw three articles in the front of the WaPo and NBC today. One was of an 8 year old girl who wa skidnapped and the other is about two white teenagers who disappeared. They are all white.

Although about HALF of the people who go missing in this country according to statistics are non-white, the media for some reason only reports (or 98/99% of the time) the disappearance of white people.

Maybe the newspaper people who make these decisions are all white so they identify better with white people.
Or maybe they consider white people cuter, something, hoping that readers will read news accompanied by images of "cuter" people.

In this thread, we will analyze why the media only reports the disappearance of white people. Thanks.

Uh, I'm curious....are you under the age of 19? Because this isn't news worthy or haven't you heard...black lives don't matter and never have in this country.

Or maybe they consider white people cuter, or something, hoping that readers will read news accompanied by images of "cuter" people.

Start your own newspaper and stop your whining.

Despite most of the stories being about missing white girls dont worry, someone will be here to tell you its not about race at all.

Unless a black dude gets a promotion or something then, yanno, its all about race

Forum List

Back