The liberals' official hostility to religion takes a strange new turn

Congress shall make no law respecting an Establishment of religion, nor prohibiting the FREE EXERCISE thereof.

First of all, this is not about a LAW passed by Congress.
Second of all, it is not about an ESTABLISHMENT of religion if it were a law.

My babies all looked like angels from the moment of birth.

People used to stop me in the street. I've had complete strangers tell me more than once that a couple of them were the most beautiful babies they'd ever seen in their lives (one of those was a cop! So it has to be true!)

I think maybe, just maybe, everybody gets some of that, lol...it's sort of like most young girls have heard "You're the most beautiful woman in the world". They can't ALL be the most beautiful!

lol...it has nothing to do with all being beautiful.

It has to do with what the guy wants at the moment.

Everything's the bad ole Christians' fault. Such scapegoating Bullshit from the Left wingnuts. They're just emulating what the Nazis did to the Jews. They should be ashamed of themselves. Christians will have to start standing up to them.

Everything's the bad ole Christians' fault. Such scapegoating Bullshit from the Left wingnuts. They're just emulating what the Nazis did to the Jews. They should be ashamed of themselves. Christians will have to start standing up to them.

Indeed.

What we need here is a good ol' fashioned Inquisition.

inquisition.jpg

Indeed.

What we need here is a good ol' fashioned Inquisition.

inquisition.jpg
:cool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oppHeMlaLVM]Spanish Inquisition the musical - YouTube[/ame]

actually, in these times of limited tax monies, and with our huge deficits, I don't think congress should be spending our tax dollars on Holiday specific cards.....we just can't afford it and us tax payers should NOT have to pay for their Christmas etc cards....they should use their own campaign funds to send their own cards out.....

people....citizens are really hurting right now while we ponder taking away the help we are able to give them and spend that money on Christmas cards?????????? sheesh...GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT people!

For God's sake. How many times does it have to get repeated? We ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT sending Christmas cards.

We are talking about the usual run-of-the-fucking-mill Congress-critters letters to their constituents.

There are separate issues here. (1) Do we really like the fact that Congress-critters can send what amounts to campaign literature on our tax dime? It's a real question, but not the one in this thread. This thread accepts (for now) the Congressional franking privilege.

(2) GIVEN the Congressional franking privilege exists for sending "important" and "official" news from a Congress-critter to his/her constituents, and GIVEN that we all fucking agree that this should not be used for the sending of Christmas cards or individual birthday cards or the like, SHOULD there be a Franking Committee "rule" that somehow prevents a Congress-critter from sending a standard run-of-the-mill letter to his/her constituents IF that letter includes a sign-off wishing the constituents a Merry Christmas?

The Franking Committee has an actual legitimate set of rules for a rational coherent valid reason. We really don't want our Congress-critters using their franking privilege for personal reasons. Thus, they shouldn't send out Christmas cards and they shouldn't send out birthday cards or send a payment to the phone company on the public dime. THAT'S why the Franking Committee rules exist.

Where the fucking Franking Committee has crossed a line is when they decide that a SIGN-OFF in a Congressperson's letter to his/her constituents wishing a "Merrry Christsmas" is somehow verboten! Fuck them and fuck their notions of "proper" censorship. Such a wish is not their concern. It's between the Congress-critter and his/her constituents. If I am displeased with a letter from my Congressional Representative, I know how to address the matter. And I do vote.
You do realize that conservatives, Republicans RULE the House of Representatives, don't you? and that this Franking committee for the House is made up of 3 republicans and 3 democrats? And that "liberals" are NOT the ones that came up with this "franking Rule" for the House?

The Senate, ruled by Liberals/Democrats CAN SAY MERRY CHRISTMAS or HAPPY HANUKKAH ....in their CORRESPONDENCE with their constituents....

this info is in your link.

hahahahaha!

Liarbility is such a tool.

Shut the fuck up you fucking lying retard.

Why do you keep saying profoundly stupid things? Clearly you can see you're building up a huge strawman.

I don't even know what the hell you are basing it off of.

Last edited:
For God's sake. How many times does it have to get repeated? We ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT sending Christmas cards.

We are talking about the usual run-of-the-fucking-mill Congress-critters letters to their constituents.

There are separate issues here. (1) Do we really like the fact that Congress-critters can send what amounts to campaign literature on our tax dime? It's a real question, but not the one in this thread. This thread accepts (for now) the Congressional franking privilege.

(2) GIVEN the Congressional franking privilege exists for sending "important" and "official" news from a Congress-critter to his/her constituents, and GIVEN that we all fucking agree that this should not be used for the sending of Christmas cards or individual birthday cards or the like, SHOULD there be a Franking Committee "rule" that somehow prevents a Congress-critter from sending a standard run-of-the-mill letter to his/her constituents IF that letter includes a sign-off wishing the constituents a Merry Christmas?

The Franking Committee has an actual legitimate set of rules for a rational coherent valid reason. We really don't want our Congress-critters using their franking privilege for personal reasons. Thus, they shouldn't send out Christmas cards and they shouldn't send out birthday cards or send a payment to the phone company on the public dime. THAT'S why the Franking Committee rules exist.

Where the fucking Franking Committee has crossed a line is when they decide that a SIGN-OFF in a Congressperson's letter to his/her constituents wishing a "Merrry Christsmas" is somehow verboten! Fuck them and fuck their notions of "proper" censorship. Such a wish is not their concern. It's between the Congress-critter and his/her constituents. If I am displeased with a letter from my Congressional Representative, I know how to address the matter. And I do vote.
You do realize that conservatives, Republicans RULE the House of Representatives, don't you? and that this Franking committee for the House is made up of 3 republicans and 3 democrats? And that "liberals" are NOT the ones that came up with this "franking Rule" for the House?

The Senate, ruled by Liberals/Democrats CAN SAY MERRY CHRISTMAS or HAPPY HANUKKAH ....in their CORRESPONDENCE with their constituents....

hahahahaha!

Well, actually, I see a couple of important itmes here to address. Some positive.
First off, regardless of what party that was involved, the reality is that a group of people; albeit a minority, expressed disatisfaction with the idea of tax payer money in congress was being used to achnowledge a religious holiday.....or more importantly, holidays that are not observed by all Americans. Congress listened, and weighed the pros and cons of acting on thier concern.

Although I personally disagree with the final decision, I applaud all 6 members of the committee to act in a bi partisan way to come to a decision.

Give that minority some satisfaction that their voices were heard...and the only negaitve ramification to congress and the rest of the people is that each congressman will have to spend $1,000 or likely less in postage. There isnt a single one of them that can't afford it.

What the hell is the big deal. Whether they are right or wrong with their semtiments is irrelevant. There is absolutely a legitimate debate about whether or not it is appropriate. But who the hell needs tot have that debate now? We have enough on our plates.

Think about it. I think they made the wrong decision but for the right reason. I would like us to address it when unemployment is at 4% and we have a ba,anced budget.

hahahahaha!

Actually, of course, Raving Asshole, you are wrong again.

As I correctly noted, the ones making these idiotic rulings and determinations are not the Republican majority or the Democrat Parody minority Members. It is a bunch of staffers living in the make-believe world of Washington where your kind of rancid stupidity prevails. Politically correct think (i.e., mindless sheep liberalism) is the orthodoxy of that culture.

Quite utterly pathetic. Almost as pathetic as Raving Asshole.

hahahahaha!

Well, actually, I see a couple of important itmes here to address. Some positive.
First off, regardless of what party that was involved, the reality is that a group of people; albeit a minority, expressed disatisfaction with the idea of tax payer money in congress was being used to achnowledge a religious holiday.....or more importantly, holidays that are not observed by all Americans. Congress listened, and weighed the pros and cons of acting on thier concern.

Although I personally disagree with the final decision, I applaud all 6 members of the committee to act in a bi partisan way to come to a decision.

Give that minority some satisfaction that their voices were heard...and the only negaitve ramification to congress and the rest of the people is that each congressman will have to spend $1,000 or likely less in postage. There isnt a single one of them that can't afford it.

What the hell is the big deal. Whether they are right or wrong with their semtiments is irrelevant. There is absolutely a legitimate debate about whether or not it is appropriate. But who the hell needs tot have that debate now? We have enough on our plates.

Think about it. I think they made the wrong decision but for the right reason. I would like us to address it when unemployment is at 4% and we have a ba,anced budget.

Observing it (as I did when I submitted my OP and as Drudge did when he linked the piece) is not the same thing as "addressing" it in Congress. Let's get real. There's no chance the Congress-critter majority would seriously take up this matter. Those miserable pussies can't even stick to their guns when they are obviously right. Boehner just folded like a cheap suit, for example.

Why not ANSWER the dopey President? If the tax holiday extension of two miserable months was as urgent and important as the President pretended it was, then why on Earth limit it to just two months? At the end of the two months, will President Obama suddenly change his mind (and the liberal Democrat Parody position) and declare how unimportant it is? If not, then at the end of two months, it would seem that he might press to EXTEND it. But why put ourselves in the position of having to extend it again in just two months? We COULD have had it for a year (or more) NOW.

The GOP conservative position was entirely correct, yet limp wrist-ed liberal simps folded on the matter. They have zero backbone.

If they won't "address" that matter at this time of a woeful economy, then there's not much prospect (or need to worry about) them "addressing" the P.C. "Merry Christmas" rulings from the petty Franking Committee.

Forum List

Back