The Lefts' Attack on Religion Exposed

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by dilloduck, Nov 8, 2004.

1. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Pick a link--any link---You will find numerous claims by pundits, celebs, etc that the conservative Christians are trying to take over America and force their beliefs on others. I (as a lot of you already know) am very anti-evangelical right but a staunch supporter of Bush. While this issue was always hinted at and inferrred, the left has finally OVERTLY launched the anti-christian movement. (You think they waited until the election was over to get a few believers to vote their way?).
    This is the VERY essence of attacking our constitutional right to worship as we please and act accordingly. If I believed in hate crimes, this would certainly qualify in my book and deserving of punishment, not excused as free speech. The Jewish Community has the anti-defamation league to protect itself from exactly this kind of attack and the Christians may be wise to consider a similar form legal protection for no other reason than to stop the hateful propaganda so that real issues can be discussed.
    What kind of faction would have as it's platform gay marriage, abortion rights, overt sexual behavior disguised as free speech etc. Is their whole agenda in their crotch? I guess it is---about 2 inches behind their genitalia.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. clumzgirl

clumzgirl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Are you reacting to some specific new development in the news that I haven't heard about yet?

3. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Did you catch that c*nt Maureen Dowd on The Chris Matthews Show last night? She said the rapture is coming and that her and the democrats will be taken into heaven while the hypocritical conservatives will be left behind.

What an uninformed, uneducated and ignorant statement.

4. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    I watched that and the tone, laughter, and smiles all indicated that it was humor, she was joking, it was ironic.

5. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    it was condescending and a smack of ignorance. she just doesn't get it. they continue to insult those that believe and then wonder why they won't vote for their (the left's) candidates.

and it wasn't a smile, it was a smirk.

6. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    All of the platforms that you mention are all anti-religious, anti-morals. That is the whole point of the communist-backed left wing: destroy religion in America so the State will replace God.

It's sad when the very freedoms our country provides are used against us.

7. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Bill Maher for one---I'm primarily amazed by the specific open expressed hatred towards one religion. I guess what goes around-------

8. shadrack

shadrack Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Communist-backed left wing?? Anti-morals?? How can you say that's what it is? You might could say "anti-religious fundamentalist morals", but not anti-morality in general. And not backed by communists.

Many who are religious feel as though they shoulder the burden of morality and many within the political parties feel as though they possess the blueprint to individual rights. Unfortunately for all of us, today, these two very separate groups work very closely together.

The problem is that the corrupt religious leadership spend the majority of their time trying to change law instead of hearts.

9. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    Yes, I can say that. You know what the ACLU does, don't you? How it attacks religion, trying to stamp it out everywhere in our culture? They don't even want us to celebrate Christmas, for Christsake. Did you know that the ACLU has its roots in the Communist party? If you think they are just trying to "separate church and state", you are so wrong - it goes way beyond that. They are using every clever legal method they can to bastardize our Constitution and eventually bend it to their will.

Also, if you are familiar at all with the Communist Manifesto, you would know that one of the first goals is to destroy religion in a society. Religious practices are anathema to communism. Why? Because communism has no God. It replaces God.

Individual rights and Christianity go hand-in-hand. Christians are individually responsible to God. A man will have to answer to God for himself alone, for his individual actions. He is not "part of the whole" which is what communism promotes. Secularism is what communists are pushing for, because it is how they replace individual responsibility to God with individual responsibility to the State instead. Then individuality is crushed and men become just numbers, subject to the State.

Where do the morals of SECULARISM come from? Do you have a list of these morals written down somewhere? I would like to know exactly what the morals of the secularists are - since you indicate that they have them.

As far as I can tell, secularism in our country has produced nothing but a corrupt society.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Mariner

Mariner Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52
    to have to sit through a Christian school prayer before a football game, or if you want to create "faith-based" public services, where I may not feel comfortable on account of my religion, then that certainly qualifies as trying to push your beliefs on me, doesn't it? Bush supports both these things, doesn't he?

By the way, the Democratic platform does not support gay marriage. It's the Republican platform which, in seeking to ban it, seems fixated on sexuality.

Maureen Dowd was just as hard on Clinton in his day as she is now on Bush. She's a gadfly by nature.

Mariner.