The Lefts' Attack on Religion Exposed

Can you offer one peace of proof that Bush wants to create a theocracy other than he utters the G-word in public and is a practicing Christian?

Any conversation with the lunatic left on the topic of religion and ethics is predestined to be unproductive. Ultra-leftists detest the former and are bereft of the latter.

Ha, well I think diptardo is an ad hominem attack but I'm not absolutely sure.

Who ever said Bush was planning to institute a theocracy? I never did, and don't believe that.

Mariner.

Bonnie said:
Whats worse is the idea that they don't like those who do like religion.

That is so untrue. I love it when people embrace their religion. I am a christian just like you but I have issues with the government trying to force christianity down everyone's throat when everyone isn't a christian.

Remember this country was started by people who wanted to escape religious persecution. I feel as though I am being persecuted today by all of you right-wringers because I am a person who is not against gay marriage, since it doesn't affect me in anyway, or against abortion, in certain circumstances.

chagan said:
That is so untrue. I love it when people embrace their religion. I am a christian just like you but I have issues with the government trying to force christianity down everyone's throat when everyone isn't a christian.

Remember this country was started by people who wanted to escape religious persecution. I feel as though I am being persecuted today by all of you right-wringers because I am a person who is not against gay marriage, since it doesn't affect me in anyway, or against abortion, in certain circumstances.

how is the government forcing Christianity down your throat? Example please?

chagan said:

Please explain how government is forcing Christianity down your throat by simply giving Christians a say and representation as they deserve just as any other group does.

And please don't tell me Liberals are tolerant when the language they use to describe normal Christian Americans is right wing lunatics, extremists, stupid, unsphisiticated......and the list goes on. Yes this country was founded by those who wished to practice and express their religion freely and openly in society, without fear of persecution, so I would suggest to you that it is the Left leaning liberals who are trying very hard to SUPRESS that expression through government intervention, and activists judges, by using seperation of church and state which doesn't exist in the Constitution...... True not everyone is a Christian, I am Catholic actually and we all collectively make up a significant population here in America..

theim said:
how is the government forcing Christianity down your throat? Example please?

One example is that evolution sticker in a textbook. I don't know why we need that in a biology book. Most people who are taking biology are old enough to decide whether they believe in creationism, evolution, or a combination. But the government had to have that sticker, making sure that people know that it is a theory and not a fact. To me it just screams that creationism is the way we came to be. I do believe that creationism is the way we did come to be but I don't think that we need a sticker in textbook telling us that evolution is untrue.

Bonnie said:
Please explain how government is forcing Christianity down your throat by simply giving Christians a say and representation as they deserve just as any other group does.

And please don't tell me Liberals are tolerant when the language they use to describe normal Christian Americans is right wing lunatics, extremists, stupid, unsphisiticated......and the list goes on. Yes this country was founded by those who wished to practice and express their religion freely and openly in society, without fear of persecution, so I would suggest to you that it is the Left leaning liberals who are trying very hard to SUPRESS that expression through government intervention, and activists judges, by using seperation of church and state which doesn't exist in the Constitution...... True not everyone is a Christian, I am Catholic actually and we all collectively make up a significant population here in America..

But they are not giving other religions a say or representation that they deserve. Do they? Do you have an example where they do?

chagan said:
But they are not giving other religions a say or representation that they deserve. Do they? Do you have an example where they do?

Lets start with the new legislation that just passed in congress that finally allows health care providers the right not to perform abortions if it goes agianst their sensibilities. That was blatantly the governemnt telling Christian health care providers they must perform abortions, when there is nothing in Roe v. wade to suggest that is warranted. You now have the ACLU constantly filing ridiculous legislation on behalf of a handful of Athiests to take all public expressions of faith out of the public arena hoping some of it sticks because of activists judges that are making policy as they go instead of correctly interpreting the Constitution, from after school activities, to Boy Scouts being told they can't use a government park because in their oath it mentions God, and on and on.

Bonnie said:
Lets start with the new legislation that just passed in congress that finally allows health care providers the right not to perform abortions if it goes agianst their sensibilities. That was blatantly the governemnt telling Christian health care providers they must perform abortions, when there is nothing in Roe v. wade to suggest that is warranted. You now have the ACLU constantly filing ridiculous legislation on behalf of a handful of Athiests to take all public expressions of faith out of the public arena hoping some of it sticks because of activists judges that are making policy as they go instead of correctly interpreting the Constitution, from after school activities, to Boy Scouts being told they can't use a government park because in their oath it mentions God, and on and on.

What about the Muslim or Jewish religions? I do not see their needs being fulfilled in your response.

chagan said:
What about the Muslim or Jewish religions? I do not see their needs being fulfilled in your response.

Are American Muslims and Jews being suppressed? I haven't seen the ACLU filing any lawsuits against either of them.

Bonnie said:
by using seperation of church and state which doesn't exist in the Constitution......

Article 1 of the United States Constitution
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion" Bonnie your right...Truth does matter.

musicman said:
Are American Muslims and Jews being suppressed? I haven't seen the ACLU filing any lawsuits against either of them.

They are not being suppressed that I know of, but they are not given the same representation that christians are. Am I correct in this assumption?

chagan said:
One example is that evolution sticker in a textbook. I don't know why we need that in a biology book. Most people who are taking biology are old enough to decide whether they believe in creationism, evolution, or a combination. But the government had to have that sticker, making sure that people know that it is a theory and not a fact. To me it just screams that creationism is the way we came to be. I do believe that creationism is the way we did come to be but I don't think that we need a sticker in textbook telling us that evolution is untrue.
You are getting bent out of shape up over a sticker in a textbook? Maybe the school and/or textbook publisher are trying to cover their collective asses and being as impartial as they can be towards the issue of evolution vs. creationism, have you thought of that?

I do not think that placing a Darwin sticker in a textbook is really forcing religion down ones throat. However, if there was a cross in your book with a statement reading "accept Jesus or burn in hell"; now I would interpret that as forcing religion down someone’s throat.

But hey, maybe I’m just old fashioned.

drowe said:
You are getting bent out of shape up over a sticker in a textbook? Maybe the school and/or textbook publisher are trying to cover their collective asses and being as impartial as they can be towards the issue of evolution vs. creationism, have you thought of that?

I do not think that placing a Darwin sticker in a textbook is really forcing religion down ones throat. However, if there was a cross in your book with a statement reading "accept Jesus or burn in hell"; now I would interpret that as forcing religion down someone’s throat.

But hey, maybe I’m just old fashioned.

But why do they need a sticker in a textbook now? Why doesn't the government just stay out of it and let the parents teach their kids about which one is correct?

chagan said:
They are not being suppressed that I know of, but they are not given the same representation that christians are. Am I correct in this assumption?

How are they going to get the same representation when their numbers are so much smaller? Do you advocate tyranny of the minority?

The old law contained an exemption for any provider who had a conscientious objection, religious or otherwise, to performing an abortion. I performed none while I was in medical school, and also did no circumcisions (which I consider to be a bizarre Judeo-Christian practice of genital mutilation), and no one gave me a hard time about it. Delivering babies was a lot more fulfilling : )

Mariner.

Mariner said:
and also did no circumcisions.... and no one gave me a hard time about it.

Mariner.

I'm sorry, Mariner, but there's just GOT to be a joke in there somewhere... :cry: :eek2: :chains:

Mariner said:
The old law contained an exemption for any provider who had a conscientious objection, religious or otherwise, to performing an abortion. I performed none while I was in medical school, and also did no circumcisions (which I consider to be a bizarre Judeo-Christian practice of genital mutilation), and no one gave me a hard time about it. Delivering babies was a lot more fulfilling : )

Mariner.

Do you really equate cutting off a women's clitoris with circumcision? Circumcision is about like an ear piercing. You're disgusting for making this comparison.

Mariner: "The evidence I'm referring to was in an extensive (and extensively documented) New York Times investigative piece a few weeks ago. It's not Michael Moore talking."

I, personally, don't see too much difference between The New York Times and the methods Michael Moore uses to communicate his "take" on things. Both are propagandists promoting liberal views. The NYT picks and chooses and then bends what is available to validate their claims.

If you really want to know what conservatives are all about, I suggest you plug in to other reading sources than the NYT and debunk your idea that the NYT is "gospel".

Forum List

Back