The Left is Trying to Blame Vegas Flooding This Weekend on Climate Change

The fact is that Lake Mead would be overrun with water if it was climate.
Lake Mead is lower than is Las Vegas so naturally water runs to Lake Mead from Las Vegas. Climate is weather over a very long time span and not measured locally or in short periods.

We've lived in Las Vegas for several years and the flooding we've experienced around the city the last two days is nothing unusual. It happens every year in late summer during "Monsoon Season." Because of the lack of rainfall the desert ground is hard and does not absorb the water nearly as fast as other parts of the country that see frequent rainfall. The washes eventually overflow and the water spills out into the streets.

Of course, that hasn't stopped the climate hysterics on the left to add this to their list of climate catastrophes caused by people driving Ford F 150s

These people will label any extreme weather event as climate change in the name of their religion.

They know they're full of crap.
But the fact that they're lying isn't going to stop them from voting to take our guns, cars, air-conditioning, gas stoves, or our plastic straws away.
They want to murder us and get the Earth's population down to maybe 400 million total humans on the planet.
They want to slaughter cattle to starve us.
They want to take away every food source we have.
They want to poison our water supply.
They want to render us unable to reproduce.

These people worship Satan and they are pure evil.
They will use every opportunity to kill us or subjugate us.

They know they're full of crap.
But the fact that they're lying isn't going to stop them from voting to take our guns, cars, air-conditioning, gas stoves, or our plastic straws away.
They want to murder us and get the Earth's population down to maybe 400 million total humans on the planet.
They want to slaughter cattle to starve us.
They want to take away every food source we have.
They want to poison our water supply.
They want to render us unable to reproduce.

These people worship Satan and they are pure evil.
They will use every opportunity to kill us or subjugate us.
You're a real crackpot.

Last year they were bitching about drought.
Now they're bitching about rain.
Who is bitching about rain? Not this Liberal. My only bitch is that they seem to be totally unprepared for it, when the evidence has pointed to them getting more rain for years now.

Who is bitching about rain? Not this Liberal. My only bitch is that they seem to be totally unprepared for it, when the evidence has pointed to them getting more rain for years now.
If the shoe fits, wear it.

This is one of those cases.

I know you hate admitting your party is fucked up....but this is another one of those cases.

When I mention the left, I only mean the Deep State and their oppressor class.

You're just one of their useful-idiots (or ignorant minions) that keep telling us this is all just a conspiracy theory.

You seem to feel that these evil folks are well-intentioned.

Well, they aren't.

I was watching this AM some videos at Burning Tree where the water has virtually shut the place down. And it does not seem to be all that much water. BT is held on a former now dry lake. naturally the soil there holds water. Some vehicles are escaping. Many are stuck. The porta potties are full to the brim based on those opening the door and immediately shutting them back up. Las Vegas needs water so there is no purpose to be gained by whining it rained there. It was needed.

Thanks, I didn't know that. But I think I detect some difference in that statement from what is occurring.

Nothing as such, concerning roofs or ceilings. But something if it's not usual flooding. First we need to establish whether or not it's the usual thing for Las Vegas, then connecting it to climate change would come later.
Oh God...some people just tend to the hysterical

I was watching this AM some videos at Burning Tree where the water has virtually shut the place down. And it does not seem to be all that much water. BT is held on a former now dry lake. naturally the soil there holds water. Some vehicles are escaping. Many are stuck. The porta potties are full to the brim based on those opening the door and immediately shutting them back up. Las Vegas needs water so there is no purpose to be gained by whining it rained there. It was needed.

A lot of folks have said this has pushed Burning Man back to it's roots.

Radical Self Reliance.

A reporter indicated people were having a ball just hanging out and bonding.

I have a daughter who went. She said it's fine.

To read the hype, you'd think they were in danger of starving to death.

Honestly, the media just can't help themselves.

We've lived in Las Vegas for several years and the flooding we've experienced around the city the last two days is nothing unusual. It happens every year in late summer during "Monsoon Season." Because of the lack of rainfall the desert ground is hard and does not absorb the water nearly as fast as other parts of the country that see frequent rainfall. The washes eventually overflow and the water spills out into the streets.

Of course, that hasn't stopped the climate hysterics on the left to add this to their list of climate catastrophes caused by people driving Ford F 150s

These people will label any extreme weather event as climate change in the name of their religion.

Does Global Warming cause droughts or floods, or both?

When they answer both, they prove their Co2 FRAUD is not a theory, since whatever happens doesn't disprove it.

In reality, a warmer Earth is in fact a wetter Earth, so they are actually closer to truth than they are blaming fires on it...

This was posted yesterday, in case you missed it...

Today's EMH Climate Lesson of the Day

Does warming Earth cause more fires or less, all else equal?

There are many pushing the theory that 2F degrees of "warming" (which is fiction) is causing the fires. That is complete BS. Fires are about plant life being too dry, a lack of water.

The media and the Co2 FRAUD support the claim that "warming" is "drying things out." That is COMPLETELY WRONG. A warmer Earth is a wetter Earth.

PROOF - standard XY graph, X axis temperature, Y axis H2O in atmosphere

First point - Earth with a max surface temp of 30F, Y = 0 as all H2O is frozen, and yes massive fires happen at sub zero temps, just ask Chicago

Second point - today, warmer than first point, good amount of H2O in atmosphere

Third point - Jurassic, warmer and WETTER....

jurassic warmer wetter - Google Search

The Jurassic period (199.6 million to 145.5 million years ago) was characterized by a warm, wet climate that gave rise to lush vegetation and abundant life.

in other words, as Earth warms, H2O in the atmosphere rises exponentially, which results is more rain, more storms, more clouds, more moisture in the air, all of which REDUCE fires....

Final point - Earth with min surface temp 220F - Y = all H2O since you boiled out the oceans...

A WARMER EARTH is a WETTER EARTH and Jurassic did not have massive fires all the time, NO....

Anyone who claims "warming" is causing fires is 100% WRONG on this issue....

Anyone who claims "warming" is causing fires is 100% WRONG on this issue....
All that to come up with the wrong conclusion.

Only proving that simple people form wrong conclusions for political reasons.

The fact that climate change causing higher temperatures, and lack of rain, is causing forest fires.

Then climate scientists take that and explain the science around it.

All that to come up with the wrong conclusion.

Only proving that simple people form wrong conclusions for political reasons.

The fact that climate change causing higher temperatures, and lack of rain, is causing forest fires.

Then climate scientists take that and explain the science around it.
A warmer planet is a wetter planet.

A warmer planet is a wetter planet.
That can't stand alone without an explanation.

Some areas of the planet are becoming mush hotter and much dryer.

But, it is important to know that air temperatures also increased during this period and when the air is warmer, it can hold more water vapor. The air can also "hold" this moisture for a longer time without raining it out, suggesting that the water cycle might actually be weakening.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back