The Left Controls the Media

Because we weren't discussing it, were we?

If you weren't so painfully predictable, I wouldn't have to ask questions I already know the answer to.

There, was that so hard? How many hours did it take you to find those links?

I'll grant it may indeed be a talking point among a few of the right. (Yahoo Answers? Really? :lol:)

But I hadn't heard it. Nor, I suspect, have most other conservatives here.

But you just keep telling yourself you won. :lol:
It took all of one Google search, a few minutes ago:

https://www.google.com/search?q=the...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

That's FAIL #1

I included the Yahoo! Answers one because - obviously - a wingnut who has been exposed to this Rightwing Talking Point has perpetuated it.

That's FAIL #2

If you claim to not have ever heard the meme that the mainstream media is picking the president, then it just confirms that you are a liar.

That's FAIL #3

I most certainly did 'win'. :)

That's FAIL #4

Damn - even California Girl couldn't fail that many times in such a short post! You're starting off the New Year in perfect form. :lol:

Prediction: His next answer will be "You didn't prove a thing." You read it here first.
He proved some people have said it. He didn't prove I've heard it, or that it's a common right-wing talking point.

You're just as stupid as he is, aren't you? :lol:

More evidence demonstrating the myth of ‘liberal media bias’:

The sections below provide more systematic coverage of these different myth-making approaches. The bottom line is that, I have yet to see *any* credible study that proves that the mainstream media (MSM) in the U.S. has a "liberal bias" overall. As an aside, let me add that I am fully aware that absence of evidence is not the same as evidence of absence. Which is why, at Illiberal Conservative Media, I am amassing evidence to show why the mainstream media in the U.S. is not liberal (i.e., it is illiberal) and most often conservatively biased.

Welcome to Illiberal Conservative Media (ICM) - by eRiposte

https://www.google.com/search?q=the...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

That's FAIL #1
Yes, but you made the claim about 27 hours ago. :rofl:

So, it looks like you fail.

And I didn't post examples immediately because it's a common meme. It would be like you saying that Ron Paul believes we should end the Federal Reserve - would you have to produce links to that on a political message board, or do you assume anyone posting on a political message board has a modicum of knowledge about current politics?

Plus, Edthecynic almost immediately posted a perfect example, making you look stupid. Do I need to pile on? I mean, sure, it's fun, but it shouldn't be necessary.

I included the Yahoo! Answers one because - obviously - a wingnut who has been exposed to this Rightwing Talking Point has perpetuated it.

That's FAIL #2
Double standard much? You've criticized me countless times for citing leftist message board posters. So Yahoo Answers is disallowable, using your own standards.

No, moron. There is a difference between using Yahoo! Answers to try to prove a fact and using Yahoo! Answers to prove the existence of an opinion.

If you claim to not have ever heard the meme that the mainstream media is picking the president, then it just confirms that you are a liar.

That's FAIL #3
No, it doesn't. It means you can't prove I've heard it.

So, your defense is that you are ignorant? OK.

That's FAIL #4

Damn - even California Girl couldn't fail that many times in such a short post! You're starting off the New Year in perfect form. :lol:
Yes, you won.

Oh, wait -- no, you didn't. :lol:

An objective reading would say that I won. So sorry for your butthurt. It's not covered under the Affordable Care Act. But feel free to use more taxpayer dollars getting it looked at by Air Force medics. The operative word there is 'free'.

That's FAIL #1
Yes, but you made the claim about 27 hours ago. :rofl:

And I didn't post examples immediately because it's a common meme. It would be like you saying that Ron Paul believes we should end the Federal Reserve - would you have to produce links to that on a political message board, or do you assume anyone posting on a political message board has a modicum of knowledge about current politics?

Plus, Edthecynic almost immediately posted a perfect example, making you look stupid. Do I need to pile on? I mean, sure, it's fun, but it shouldn't be necessary.

No, moron. There is a difference between using Yahoo! Answers to try to prove a fact and using Yahoo! Answers to prove the existence of an opinion.

So, your defense is that you are ignorant? OK.

That's FAIL #4

Yes, you won.

Oh, wait -- no, you didn't. :lol:

An objective reading would say that I won. So sorry for your butthurt. It's not covered under the Affordable Care Act. But feel free to use more taxpayer dollars getting it looked at by Air Force medics. The operative word there is 'free'.
And you complete your fail by riffing on one of MY jokes. :rofl:

Well, that's what happens when you have no sense of humor or any imagination. :lol:

That's FAIL #1

That's FAIL #2

That's FAIL #3

That's FAIL #4

Prediction: His next answer will be "You didn't prove a thing." You read it here first.
He proved some people have said it. He didn't prove I've heard it, or that it's a common right-wing talking point.

So you admit people said it, but you didn't hear it? Is that like a tree falling in the forest when there's nobody around?

So you admit people said it, but you didn't hear it? Is that like a tree falling in the forest when there's nobody around?
At this point, he's just flailing and failing.

so their rating system is flawed? I see. and the screed against the authors? in your understanding, anyone that takes grants from any 'right wing' org. is tainted, there fore any study performed under the umbrella of a liberal org. ala grants is tainted as well?

anyway, if the results are cooked, why did UCLA not disown the study? It is published as their sponsored product ...no?

and as ucla noted;

"No matter the results, we feared our findings would've been suspect if we'd received support from any group that could be perceived as right- or left-leaning, so we consciously decided to fund this project only with our own salaries and research funds that our own universities provided," Groseclose said.

according to the press release I saw Hume was rated right of center not centrist btw and they noted;

Since Groseclose and Milyo were more concerned with bias in news reporting than opinion pieces, which are designed to stake a political position, they omitted editorials and Op‑Eds from their tallies. This is one reason their study finds The Wall Street Journal more liberal than conventional wisdom asserts.

I find it interesting that you seem to admit the aclu is a liberal org. and I wasn't aware they ran a think tank too, can you link to it please?

and if you are going to just cite media matters you really would have been better off just linking to them.

have you read the study itself? for instance your examples ala Rand corp.;

The second apparent anomaly is the RAND Corporation, which has a fairly liberal average score, 60.4. We mentioned this finding to some employees of RAND, who told us they were not surprised.

While RAND strives to be middle-of-the-road ideologically, the more conservative scholars at RAND tend to work on military studies, while the more liberal scholars tend to work on domestic studies. Because the military studies are sometimes classified and often more technocratic than the domestic studies, the media and members of Congress tend to cite the domestic studies disproportionately. As a consequence, RAND appears liberal when judged by these citations. It is important to note that this fact—that the research at RAND is more conservative than the numbers in Table 1 suggest—will not bias our results. To see this, think of RAND as two think tanks: RAND I, the left-leaning think tank which produces the research that the media and members of Congress tend to cite, and RAND II, the conservative think tank which produces the research that they tend not to cite. Our results exclude RAND II from the analysis. This causes no more bias than excluding any other think tank that is rarely cited in Congress or the media.

anyway, I assume you have read my posts here-

Q; in light of the following I am curious-

85 percent of Columbia Graduate School of Journalism students identified themselves as liberal, versus 11 percent conservative" (Lichter, Rothman, and Lichter 1986: 48), quoted in Sutter, 2001.

what slant would you expect of the media in general? As further studies have shown newsrooms, networks etc. have approx. the same ideological make up?

Gee, what a surprise! NOT! Rather than admit the rating system is not just flawed, but moronic on its face, you choose to misrepresent what I said. I pointed out the the authors are CON$ and not Libs because they are from UCLA as presented by CON$. Rather than admit your fellow travelers were deliberately misrepresenting the authors as Libs, you misrepresent me. No surprise there from a typical CON$ervative.

And it is the "study" you are worshiping that lists the ACLU as a CON$ervative think tank, so you have unwittingly exposed yet another flaw in their "study."
Thank you, keep it up.

And don't change the subject with questions from more phony data to deflect from the stupidity of the "study" in question.

here, Reading Comprehension Connection: Home

I never argued many of the points you are refuting. read what I write not what you want me to say so as to fashion your own answer making yourself right. see the course above for help.

I am not arguing the merits of the studies mechanics merely pointing out flaws in your characterizations and the particulars ala Hume etc. you chose to highlight as proof the study was cooked, that was your assertion.

You didn't read the report, you went to media matters et al and they told you what to say, and, you parrot it here. Thats why I asked you that question at the end of my last post- the topic of the thread is;

so frankly, your choosing now to laud your sheepish brilliance by attempting to close off debate is the usual, so again, I will ask-

Question 1; in light of the following I am curious-

85 percent of Columbia Graduate School of Journalism students identified themselves as liberal, versus 11 percent conservative" (Lichter, Rothman, and Lichter 1986: 48), quoted in Sutter, 2001.

what slant would you expect of the media in general? As further studies have shown newsrooms, networks etc. have approx. the same ideological make up?

and to your point ala the aclu;

here is the quote from their study, with the sublinks you would have seen IF you had actually read the report ;

The web site, WheretodoResearch lists 200 of the most prominent think tanks and policy groups in the U.S.

WheretodoResearch

WheretodoResearch.com - Directory of 200 Think Tanks and Policy Groups Sites

American Civil Liberties Union

I found this interesting to;

While most of these averages closely agree with the conventional wisdom, two cases seem somewhat anomalous. The first is the ACLU. The average score of legislators citing it was 49.8. Later, we shall provide reasons why it makes sense to define the political center at 50.1. This suggests that the ACLU, if anything is a right-leaning organization. The reason the ACLU has such a low score is that it opposed the McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance bill, and conservatives in Congress cited this often. In fact, slightly more than one-eight of all ACLU citations in Congress were due to one person alone, Mitch McConnell (R.-Kt.), perhaps the chief critic of McCain-Feingold. If we omit McConnell’s citations, the ACLU’s average score increases to 55.9. Because of this anomaly, in the Appendix we report the results when we repeat all of our analyses but omit the ACLU data.

I noticed you didn't comment on the Rand corp. blurb from the study either.

So, lets clear things up,it appears in your opinion any study can be characterized as slanted if one starts out with the premise that the authors are slanted, so, again;

Question 2- ergo; any study too, that is performed by left leaning self identified authors is slanted left, that is what you inferred very strongly vis a vis goreclose and his being a 'righty'.

is that correct?

yes, or no.

so please answer my 2 questions, it would clear things up.
It's always the case that the most arrogantly condescending CON$ comprehend the least.

CON$ tried to pass off the CON$ervative authors of the phony "study" as Libs from the bastion of Liberalism, UCLA. It is my contention that even CON$ knew just how slanted the phony "study" was and and tried to pass the authors off as Libs in a feeble attempt to preempt the obvious Right-wing bias in the phony "study." The dishonesty of the CON$ in representing the authors as Libs telegraphs the CON$ own awareness of the phoniness of the "study."

You are too dishonest to admit that your fellow travelers were deliberately deceptive in presenting the phony "study" as a study by Libs, so you create a straw man, "any study can be characterized as slanted if one starts out with the premise that the authors are slanted," BTW the exact argument CON$ use to reject any study from a Liberal, rather than acknowledge that passing off the authors as Libs is an obviously red flag to any honest person.

So my question is, if the "study" was so solid, why did the CON$ervative who posted it feel obligated to misrepresent the authors as Libs from UCLA????

Defend one CON$ervative talking point with yet another CON$ervative talking point.

First of all GOP operative Cohen, former Chief of Staff for Republican Governor Tommy Tanaka, only transferred $480,000 to Progress Media, not Air America, the other $395,000 was embezzled by the other executives of the Gloria Wise B & G Club for their own personal use. When Progress Media was sold to Piquant LLC in 2004, the $875,000 was repaid by Piquant, not Air America, as part of the sale. The truth is never quite the same as CON$ spin it! But keep those CON$ervative talking points coming.

Air America Scam Artist, Montvel-Cohen, Arrested in Guam

Cohen was the Director of Development for the Gloria Wise Boys and Girls Clubs, in 2003, when he and business partner Rex Sorensen, CEO of Sorensen Media Group, created Progress Media Inc. On March 31, 2004, Air America was launched. It was discovered that Cohen had secured part of the money used to found the network by a loan from his employer, the non-profit Gloria Wise Boys and Girls Clubs. Approved by the board of directors and in the amount of $480,000, it went to Cohen's company Progress Media, then owner of Air America Radio. The Gloria Wise group was a non-profit organization, partially funded by the city of New York, which provided services for children and seniors in the Bronx. When the funds were transferred, Evan Montvel-Cohen, was still Director of Development for Gloria Wise. This was part of a larger misappropriation of funds by the organization's executives, which saw several of them receiving money from the organization that was in turned used for personal expenditures. By the time this was revealed, Progress Media Inc. had sold its Air America rights to Piquant LLC (in November 2004), who later agreed to repay Gloria Wise $875,000 worth of the debt, as a condition of the sale.
daveman is caught in ANOTHER lie???

Who - besides everyone who has ever encountered him - would have thought!
So you're saying leftists DIDN'T illegally divert funds from a club for poor children to underwrite Air America?

You sure you want to go with that?

Oh, and don't you DARE criticize that behavior.
Cohen is a REPUBLICAN!!!!!! And he diverted funds to HIS OWN company PROGRESS MEDIA, not Air America, for HIS OWN personal use. Air America fired Cohen after a few months because their books didn't jive under Cohen. IOW, Republican Cohen was stealing from Air America too!!!

Cohen is a REPUBLICAN!!!!!! And he diverted funds to HIS OWN company PROGRESS MEDIA, not Air America, for HIS OWN personal use.
Progress Media owned Air America at the time.
Air America fired Cohen after a few months because their books didn't jive under Cohen.
Wrong. Progress Media sold AA to Piquant LLC.
Mr. Cohen, 39, helped lead the launch of Air America in March 2004. Less than two months later, Piquant LLC acquired the radio network from Mr. Cohen's Progress Media. Piquant LLC has agreed to pay $875,000 to Gloria Wise Boys & Girls Club, without interest, in installments over the next two years.​
IOW, Republican Cohen was stealing from Air America too!!!
No one was stealing from Air America.

Are you really claiming that Cohen, the founder of Air America, is a Republican?

The Evan Cohen that donated two grand to John Kerry in 2003?

You really need to stop hanging around the lefty echo chambers. They're lying to you.

Of course, you like the lies, so you eagerly lap them up.

so their rating system is flawed? I see. and the screed against the authors? in your understanding, anyone that takes grants from any 'right wing' org. is tainted, there fore any study performed under the umbrella of a liberal org. ala grants is tainted as well?

anyway, if the results are cooked, why did UCLA not disown the study? It is published as their sponsored product ...no?

and as ucla noted;

"No matter the results, we feared our findings would've been suspect if we'd received support from any group that could be perceived as right- or left-leaning, so we consciously decided to fund this project only with our own salaries and research funds that our own universities provided," Groseclose said.

according to the press release I saw Hume was rated right of center not centrist btw and they noted;

Since Groseclose and Milyo were more concerned with bias in news reporting than opinion pieces, which are designed to stake a political position, they omitted editorials and Op‑Eds from their tallies. This is one reason their study finds The Wall Street Journal more liberal than conventional wisdom asserts.

I find it interesting that you seem to admit the aclu is a liberal org. and I wasn't aware they ran a think tank too, can you link to it please?

and if you are going to just cite media matters you really would have been better off just linking to them.

have you read the study itself? for instance your examples ala Rand corp.;

The second apparent anomaly is the RAND Corporation, which has a fairly liberal average score, 60.4. We mentioned this finding to some employees of RAND, who told us they were not surprised.

While RAND strives to be middle-of-the-road ideologically, the more conservative scholars at RAND tend to work on military studies, while the more liberal scholars tend to work on domestic studies. Because the military studies are sometimes classified and often more technocratic than the domestic studies, the media and members of Congress tend to cite the domestic studies disproportionately. As a consequence, RAND appears liberal when judged by these citations. It is important to note that this fact—that the research at RAND is more conservative than the numbers in Table 1 suggest—will not bias our results. To see this, think of RAND as two think tanks: RAND I, the left-leaning think tank which produces the research that the media and members of Congress tend to cite, and RAND II, the conservative think tank which produces the research that they tend not to cite. Our results exclude RAND II from the analysis. This causes no more bias than excluding any other think tank that is rarely cited in Congress or the media.

anyway, I assume you have read my posts here-

Q; in light of the following I am curious-

Gee, what a surprise! NOT! Rather than admit the rating system is not just flawed, but moronic on its face, you choose to misrepresent what I said. I pointed out the the authors are CON$ and not Libs because they are from UCLA as presented by CON$. Rather than admit your fellow travelers were deliberately misrepresenting the authors as Libs, you misrepresent me. No surprise there from a typical CON$ervative.

And it is the "study" you are worshiping that lists the ACLU as a CON$ervative think tank, so you have unwittingly exposed yet another flaw in their "study."
Thank you, keep it up.

And don't change the subject with questions from more phony data to deflect from the stupidity of the "study" in question.

here, Reading Comprehension Connection: Home

I never argued many of the points you are refuting. read what I write not what you want me to say so as to fashion your own answer making yourself right. see the course above for help.

I am not arguing the merits of the studies mechanics merely pointing out flaws in your characterizations and the particulars ala Hume etc. you chose to highlight as proof the study was cooked, that was your assertion.

You didn't read the report, you went to media matters et al and they told you what to say, and, you parrot it here. Thats why I asked you that question at the end of my last post- the topic of the thread is;

so frankly, your choosing now to laud your sheepish brilliance by attempting to close off debate is the usual, so again, I will ask-

Question 1; in light of the following I am curious-

and to your point ala the aclu;

here is the quote from their study, with the sublinks you would have seen IF you had actually read the report ;

The web site, WheretodoResearch lists 200 of the most prominent think tanks and policy groups in the U.S.

WheretodoResearch

WheretodoResearch.com - Directory of 200 Think Tanks and Policy Groups Sites

American Civil Liberties Union

I found this interesting to;

While most of these averages closely agree with the conventional wisdom, two cases seem somewhat anomalous. The first is the ACLU. The average score of legislators citing it was 49.8. Later, we shall provide reasons why it makes sense to define the political center at 50.1. This suggests that the ACLU, if anything is a right-leaning organization. The reason the ACLU has such a low score is that it opposed the McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance bill, and conservatives in Congress cited this often. In fact, slightly more than one-eight of all ACLU citations in Congress were due to one person alone, Mitch McConnell (R.-Kt.), perhaps the chief critic of McCain-Feingold. If we omit McConnell’s citations, the ACLU’s average score increases to 55.9. Because of this anomaly, in the Appendix we report the results when we repeat all of our analyses but omit the ACLU data.

I noticed you didn't comment on the Rand corp. blurb from the study either.

So, lets clear things up,it appears in your opinion any study can be characterized as slanted if one starts out with the premise that the authors are slanted, so, again;

Question 2- ergo; any study too, that is performed by left leaning self identified authors is slanted left, that is what you inferred very strongly vis a vis goreclose and his being a 'righty'.

is that correct?

yes, or no.

so please answer my 2 questions, it would clear things up.

You're falsely assuming that it is impossible for the news to be reported objectively if the reporters, editors, readers, etc., etc., have political opinions that put them anywhere but dead center.

That logically leads to the assumption that there is no such thing as objective news reporting.

Cohen is a REPUBLICAN!!!!!! And he diverted funds to HIS OWN company PROGRESS MEDIA, not Air America, for HIS OWN personal use.
Air America fired Cohen after a few months because their books didn't jive under Cohen.
Mr. Cohen, 39, helped lead the launch of Air America in March 2004. Less than two months later, Piquant LLC acquired the radio network from Mr. Cohen's Progress Media. Piquant LLC has agreed to pay $875,000 to Gloria Wise Boys & Girls Club, without interest, in installments over the next two years.​

Are you really claiming that Cohen, the founder of Air America, is a Republican?

You really need to stop hanging around the lefty echo chambers. They're lying to you.

No, the Evan Montvel-Cohen who donated nothing to Kerry in 2003, but was the Chief of Staff to REPUBLICAN Govenor Tommy Tanaka. That Evan MONTVEL-Cohen!!!

http://www.opensecrets.org/indivs/s...&capcode=sqmkt&submit=Submit+your+Donor+Query

If 1. talk radio is dominated by the right and 2. cable news is dominated by Foxnews,

how can anyone claim the left controls the media?

btw, who dominates the media of the internet? Does the left control that too?

And Cohen controlled Progress Media, it was his company. Air America did not control Progress Media.

And 5 weeks after the launch of Air America, the other investors FORCED out Cohen early May 2004. Piquant LLC was formed AFTER Cohen was forced to resign.

You can't seem to get anything Right from the CON$ervative sources you use, but you will still mindlessly use them because, as a CON$ervative, you can't think or act for yourself.

Air America restructures under new banner - Chicago Tribune

June 19, 2004|By John Cook, Tribune staff reporter.

The investors in Air America Radio, the liberal talk radio network that launched in March, are restructuring the company to free it of any obligations incurred by ousted chairman and founding investor Evan Cohen.
The investors, including Highland Park couple Sheldon and Anita Drobny and Air America Chief Executive Doug Kreeger, formed a new corporation, Piquant LLC. They plan to use the new entity to purchase the assets of Air America from Progress Media and RadioFree America, two related companies that own and operate the network.

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

"We have an asset purchase agreement we've entered into," said Norman Wain, another investor. "Progress Media and RadioFree America are selling all of their assets to Piquant."
Anita Drobny will be chairwoman of the board of the new company, according to people familiar with the deal.
The purpose of the transaction is twofold: to eliminate Cohen and his partner Rex Sorensen's shares in the company, and to insulate the cash-strapped network from any debt or other obligation that Cohen may have incurred.
The old companies will be shut down, the sources said.
Less than three months old, Air America has rung up millions of dollars in debt. It has been in financial distress since May, when Cohen and Sorensen were ousted by investors.
It is unclear how much Piquant is paying for the network. Though Cohen and Sorensen gave up control of their shares when they left the company, they still own a significant stake in Progress Media, which in turn owns a controlling interest in RadioFree America.
Cohen said he and Sorensen are owed either cash or shares in the new company. We "strongly hope that a mutually agreeable solution and valuation will be finalized shortly," Cohen said.
One source close to the company said the investors don't owe Cohen and Sorensen anything. "Zero people think these guys deserve anything," the source said.
Several people close to the company have accused Cohen of overstating his investment in the network, a charge he denies.
"That's revisionist history," Cohen said.

No, the Evan Montvel-Cohen who donated nothing to Kerry in 2003, but was the Chief of Staff to REPUBLICAN Govenor Tommy Tanaka. That Evan MONTVEL-Cohen!!!

http://www.opensecrets.org/indivs/s...&capcode=sqmkt&submit=Submit+your+Donor+Query

Results:
Search Criteria:
Donor name: Montvel-cohen, evan
Cycle(s) selected: 2012
Start another search

Sort by Name
Sort by Date (Descending)
Sort by Amount

records found in 0.036 seconds.
Total for this search: $0

No records found

Ooops. You fail.

And Cohen controlled Progress Media, it was his company. Air America did not control Progress Media.

And 5 weeks after the launch of Air America, the other investors FORCED out Cohen early May 2004. Piquant LLC was formed AFTER Cohen was forced to resign.

You can't seem to get anything Right from the CON$ervative sources you use, but you will still mindlessly use them because, as a CON$ervative, you can't think or act for yourself.

Air America restructures under new banner - Chicago Tribune

June 19, 2004|By John Cook, Tribune staff reporter.

The investors in Air America Radio, the liberal talk radio network that launched in March, are restructuring the company to free it of any obligations incurred by ousted chairman and founding investor Evan Cohen.
The investors, including Highland Park couple Sheldon and Anita Drobny and Air America Chief Executive Doug Kreeger, formed a new corporation, Piquant LLC. They plan to use the new entity to purchase the assets of Air America from Progress Media and RadioFree America, two related companies that own and operate the network.

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

"We have an asset purchase agreement we've entered into," said Norman Wain, another investor. "Progress Media and RadioFree America are selling all of their assets to Piquant."
Anita Drobny will be chairwoman of the board of the new company, according to people familiar with the deal.
The purpose of the transaction is twofold: to eliminate Cohen and his partner Rex Sorensen's shares in the company, and to insulate the cash-strapped network from any debt or other obligation that Cohen may have incurred.
The old companies will be shut down, the sources said.
Less than three months old, Air America has rung up millions of dollars in debt. It has been in financial distress since May, when Cohen and Sorensen were ousted by investors.
It is unclear how much Piquant is paying for the network. Though Cohen and Sorensen gave up control of their shares when they left the company, they still own a significant stake in Progress Media, which in turn owns a controlling interest in RadioFree America.
Cohen said he and Sorensen are owed either cash or shares in the new company. We "strongly hope that a mutually agreeable solution and valuation will be finalized shortly," Cohen said.
One source close to the company said the investors don't owe Cohen and Sorensen anything. "Zero people think these guys deserve anything," the source said.
Several people close to the company have accused Cohen of overstating his investment in the network, a charge he denies.
"That's revisionist history," Cohen said.

Yeah. Cohen the Republican. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Results:
Search Criteria:
Start another search

Sort by Name
Sort by Amount

No records found

Ooops. You fail.
Results:

Search Criteria:
Cycle(s) selected: 1990-2006Start another search

Sort by Name
Sort by Amount

records found in 0.155 seconds.
No records found

You claimed the guy who was the first chairman of Air America donated 2 grand to Kerry in 2003, because someone with a similar but different name did, and I proved he donated nothing to Kerry or anyone else and to a mindless DittoTard who can't think for themselves that means I failed. :cuckoo:
BRILLIANT!
NOT!

What a stupid :asshole: you are! :rofl::lmao:

Last edited:

Results:
Search Criteria:
Start another search

Sort by Name
Sort by Amount

No records found

Ooops. You fail.
Results:

Search Criteria:

Sort by Name
Sort by Amount

No records found

You claimed the guy who was the first chairman of Air America donated 2 grand to Kerry in 2003, because someone with a similar but different name did, and I proved he donated nothing to Kerry or anyone else and to a mindless DittoTard who can't think for themselves that means I failed. :cuckoo:
BRILLIANT!
NOT!

The article you linked left out his first hyphenated name. That's the name I used at OpenSecrets.

Are you still bitterly clinging to the absolutely ludicrous idea that the founder of Air America is a Republican?

Have I told you how stupid that idea is?

Guess you didn't see where Cohen testified against Tanaka for the Democrat candidate, huh?
Gutierrez election
In 2003, Tanaka pled guilty to misprision of a felony as part of a political corruption probe by the Guam U.S. Attorney's Office in which Tanaka was accused of endorsing previously-rival Democratic candidate Gutierrez in 1997 in exchange for his construction firm receiving a large government contract to build school bus shelters a few months later. Judge William Alsup sentenced Tanaka to two years of supervised release, including six months of house arrest. In the trial, Air America Radio financier Evan Montvel Cohen testified against Tanaka.​

Results:
Search Criteria:
Start another search

Sort by Name
Sort by Amount

No records found

Ooops. You fail.
Results:

Search Criteria:

Sort by Name
Sort by Amount

No records found

BRILLIANT!
NOT!

The article you linked left out his first hyphenated name. That's the name I used at OpenSecrets.

Are you still bitterly clinging to the absolutely ludicrous idea that the founder of Air America is a Republican?

Have I told you how stupid that idea is?

Guess you didn't see where Cohen testified against Tanaka for the Democrat candidate, huh?
Gutierrez election
In 2003, Tanaka pled guilty to misprision of a felony as part of a political corruption probe by the Guam U.S. Attorney's Office in which Tanaka was accused of endorsing previously-rival Democratic candidate Gutierrez in 1997 in exchange for his construction firm receiving a large government contract to build school bus shelters a few months later. Judge William Alsup sentenced Tanaka to two years of supervised release, including six months of house arrest. In the trial, Air America Radio financier Evan Montvel Cohen testified against Tanaka.​
And as a result of using the incomplete name you got a completely different person, but that didn't stop you from using the invalid info, after all, that's what CON$ do.

And the fact that he testified against his boss, Tanaka, proves he's not only a Republican, but also a CON$ervative. CON$ will sell out their own mother if it gives them some benefit, like staying out of jail.

And as a result of using the incomplete name you got a completely different person, but that didn't stop you from using the invalid info, after all, that's what CON$ do.
How do you know that's not him?

Oh...you don't. Kerry on.
And the fact that he testified against his boss, Tanaka, proves he's not only a Republican, but also a CON$ervative. CON$ will sell out their own mother if it gives them some benefit, like staying out of jail.
Pointing to your bigotry against and hatred of conservatives as proof of an assertion only proves that you're a hateful bigot.

Cohen, the founder of Air America, is a liberal. Period. End of story.

Forum List

Back