Turmoil at CBS — Catherine Herridge’s Firing Escalates as Network Seizes Files that May Expose Confidential Sources: Report

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

Turmoil at CBS —

Catherine Herridge’s Firing Escalates as Network Seizes Files that May Expose Confidential Sources

CBS reportedly seized files from Catherine Herridge, the network’s recently laid-off senior investigative correspondent. This action included materials that may reveal information about confidential sources, according to an article by Jonathan Turley, Shapiro Chair of Public Interest Law at George Washington University, in The Hill.
Read more:

Commentary:
It appears that the firing of Ms. Herridge is suspicious. She was pursuing stories that were unwelcomed by the Biden White House and many Democratic powerhouses.
The Hill also reported that: "She continued to pursue these stories despite reports of pushback from CBS executives, including CBS News President Ingrid Ciprian-Matthews."
Herridge should have remained with Fox News or gone with a conservative internet Outlet. She must have been offered a lot of money from the propaganda media. Now they’re going out her sources. Just another of their evil ways to try to keep people from reporting any of the horrific behaviors of the left.
Johnathan Turley commented:

Unfortunately, this massive rot corruption of the media did not start recently. The Deep State has been building it's tentacles for well over a century.
There was "Yellow Journalism at the turn of 20th Century, the Edward Bernays propaganda during the Wilson era. Even Sinclair Lewis wrote about government control of the media.
Leading us to today and our own CIA thay has become a mere extension of the STASI. Now they have their tentacles in the FBI, the MSM, the universities and the Congress. Set, match and game.
Is there any doubt that the MSM is just the propaganda machine of Deep State?

1708633387330.png

The seizure of Herridge’s files, which span her impressive career at both CBS and previously at Fox News, has sent a “chilling signal” through the ranks, suggesting a potential crackdown on journalistic freedom and source protection.

Do we have a 1st Amd issue???

~S~

You get fired.

CBS "News" Fired Catherine Herridge As She Was Pursuing Stories About Joe Biden's Decrepitude -- And Then Seized Her Notes, Including the Names of Her Confidential Administration Sources​

Why don't you trust the media, bigot?

Jonathan Turley wrote of the suspicious timing of the firing:

The timing of Herridge's termination immediately raised suspicions in Washington. She was pursuing stories that were unwelcomed by the Biden White House and many Democratic powerhouses, including the Hur reporton Joe Biden's diminished mental capacity, the Biden corruption scandal and the Hunter Biden laptop. She continued to pursue these stories despite reports of pushback from CBS executives, including CBS News President Ingrid Ciprian-Matthews.
Nick Arama from RedState:

This concerned many that this could "chill" reporting and sources providing information to reporters. Some like Turley and journalist Brit Hume said they had never heard of anything like this before.

More...

In related media corruption, CNN anchor John Avlon is running for Congress as --

Wait, this can't be right.

It says here that John Avlon is a Democrat, and apparently a MAGA-hating liberal extremist Democrat, but I know my eyes must be deceiving me, because when he was on CNN he claimed to be an objective journalist without fear or favor for either party.

And yet... I can't shake the nagging feeling that someone is lying to me here.

Former CNN host and political analyst John Avlon is running for Congress. He announced his candidacy for New York's 1st congressional district.
He's running as a Democrat - did you have any doubts? - and it's all about saving democracy because of Trump. Are you a MAGA minion? He's coming for you.

You get fired.

CBS "News" Fired Catherine Herridge As She Was Pursuing Stories About Joe Biden's Decrepitude -- And Then Seized Her Notes, Including the Names of Her Confidential Administration Sources​

More...

In related media corruption, CNN anchor John Avlon is running for Congress as --

It says here that John Avlon is a Democrat, and apparently a MAGA-hating liberal extremist Democrat, but I know my eyes must be deceiving me, because when he was on CNN he claimed to be an objective journalist without fear or favor for either party.

The government/president provides the media a license to say what they like, as long as it's not contrary to the demands of the government. To fight is is futile as is witnessed by the FBI framing one of their assets, to make him out to be turned by Russia.

You get fired.

More...

The "suspicious timing of her firing"????? CBS fired 800 employees last week in a major downsizing. Added to which, CBS denies having "seized her property" at all and says her personal possessions were delivered to her home last week, and they haven't touched her stuff.

“Catherine’s personal belongings were delivered to her home one week ago, and we are prepared to pack up the rest of her files immediately on her behalf—with her representative present as she requested. We are awaiting a response from Catherine and/or her representative to do so. We have respected her request to not go through the files, and out of our concern for confidential sources, the office she occupied has remained secure since her departure,” the statement reads.

Jonathan Turley, Redstate.com. Why don't you toss in the Federalist.com and make it a Questionable Source Trifecta? This is yet another attempt to gin up fake outrage about Republicans attempts to smear Joe Biden.

Convenient no?

Have you ever connected the dots?

Yes I'm quite capablel of connecting the dots. Like Junior meets with Russian lawyer defending a client on a money laundering charge at Trump Tower, to get dirt on Hillary. Trump gets elected President. Jeff Sessions gives Russian lawyer's client a sweetheart deal on money laundering charges. Reduces fine from $240 million to $6000, and no admission of guilt - no deportation. I can connect those dots.

Republicans connect the fly spots on their computers. There are no dots to connect here. CBS fired 800 employees and she was one of them.

Why do Republicans try to build conspiracy theories around EVERY LITTLE THING THAT HAPPENS to one of them. Oh yeah, to create faux outrage against Democrats and blame Biden for everything.

So why did they take her notes?

They didn't. She hasn't made arrangements to come into the office and get them. Another example of conservatives claiming they're being "silenced" when nothing of the kind has happened.

“Catherine’s personal belongings were delivered to her home one week ago, and we are prepared to pack up the rest of her files immediately on her behalf—with her representative present as she requested. We are awaiting a response from Catherine and/or her representative to do so. We have respected her request to not go through the files, and out of our concern for confidential sources, the office she occupied has remained secure since her departure,” the statement reads.

Nope. Sounds like she just wasn't a good fit at CBS. "What, you guys actually do JOURNALISM here? You don't just sputter out conspiracy theories?"
No it doesn’t. She was a top investigative reporter, which is why CBS hired her. To take all her notes files and computer, something’s up.

Of course if she were investigating Trump, you’d magically see it.

No it doesn’t. She was a top investigative reporter, which is why CBS hired her. To take all her notes files and computer, something’s up.

Of course if she were investigating Trump, you’d magically see it.

If she was a "top investigative reporter" how come I never heard of her before today?

They didn't take her notes or her computer. That part is made up.

Forum List

Back