The left claims the rich are stealing all the money, what say you?

No you shouldn't. Be you should be guaranteed the same opportunity.

Right. So what freebies are you going to give the naturally unattractive, less ambitious, less intelligent, less parented, etc etc etc to make up for their deficiencies? Certainly you cannot expect them just to.......work harder?

The Republicans offer them Prison

I would offer them education, jobs training, jobs placement

You would offer them the very things they could achieve on their own had they the ambition to persue it.

A fool and his money..........

right. So what freebies are you going to give the naturally unattractive, less ambitious, less intelligent, less parented, etc etc etc to make up for their deficiencies? Certainly you cannot expect them just to.......work harder?

the republicans offer them prison

i would offer them education, jobs training, jobs placement

you would offer them the very things they could achieve on their own had they the ambition to persue it.

...parted

Right. So what freebies are you going to give the naturally unattractive, less ambitious, less intelligent, less parented, etc etc etc to make up for their deficiencies? Certainly you cannot expect them just to.......work harder?

You would offer them the very things they could achieve on their own had they the ambition to persue it.

No..it used to be that way

Now education is unaffordable, entry level jobs don't exist and a living wage is a dream

Thanks Republicans

Now education is unaffordable, entry level jobs don't exist and a living wage is a dream

Thanks Republicans

Trade schools that teach a plethora of careers and skill sets are not unattainable. Nor are communit colleges. You're out of touch and living in the 70's

Thanks Republicans

Trade schools that teach a plethora of careers and skill sets are not unattainable. Nor are communit colleges. You're out of touch and living in the 70's

Trade schools are quite expensive.....on par with colleges

Nobody is hiring graduates with University degrees. You think they are going to chase after community college degrees?

I have been self employed for 23 years or so. I lost my retirement in my divorce to my ex-wife so I could keep the business. She isn't rich.

I lose mega taxes everyday to local and federal govts. They aren't the rich.

This economy has made it very difficult to recover to previous levels. The economy isn't rich.

Slowly I'm rebuilding lost wealth with no help from anyone but myself. I am not rich but I am very comfortable.

There are greedy people among us but for the most part they only get what you allow them to take from you. The biggest thief of all time is the United States Congress. And YOU do have control over them IF you choose to exercise it.

The Left is trying to create two classes: The Elite (who are also rich) and The Masses. The Masses believe that everything is fair....there is no poor, but there is also no middle class. Notice how anytime the Left wants to "redistribute" or make things fair, it is about taxes on income, not taking assets (yet). By hitting the high income earners, the people who get hurt the most are the Middle Class; in particular, upwardly mobile income earners. This destroys opportunity and the pursuit of happiness which is at the core of what makes America great. Why has America attracted so many people from different parts of the World? Because, it offers the greatest opportunity; not redistribution. Hell, they can get that in the countries they are leaving.

Why move in the direction of a failed economy and kill a middle class or opportunity for prosperity?

Thanks Republicans

Nobody is hiring graduates with University degrees. You think they are going to chase after community college degrees?

Thats because the economy is shit. They arent chassing after any new hires unless some special tax credit comes along with them. And Trade Schools actually prepare you for the modern workforce as compared to all the extra bullshit that a traditional college makes you pay to learn. You get a return on your investment with Trade Schools. Ive got kids and nephews and nieces who have all taken that route and are doing fairly well. Most 4 year colleges imo (which I know you dont respect) are a waste of valuable time and money with the exception of a few fields of learning.

Thats because the economy is shit. They arent chassing after any new hires unless some special tax credit comes along with them. And Trade Schools actually prepare you for the modern workforce as compared to all the extra bullshit that a traditional college makes you pay to learn. You get a return on your investment with Trade Schools. Ive got kids and nephews and nieces who have all taken that route and are doing fairly well. Most 4 year colleges imo (which I know you dont respect) are a waste of valuable time and money with the exception of a few fields of learning.

I have one kid who went to college....Architecture
Another who went to trade school....Welding

Neither is fully employed

I have one kid who went to college....Architecture
Another who went to trade school....Welding

Neither is fully employed

That sucks. Both have potential to do their own thing in their respective fields. I started out under someone else. I kept seeing his checks average around 5 or 6 k a week and he had no ambition. 3 months later I ditched him and went out on my own. Granted I had a different economy to work with but things will change eventually. I wish your kids the best.

Well.. I would say one thing...

I would have MORE respect than I have for a lot of other far lefties because he did say he was for nobody having a zero sum in federal income taxes... granted, if he is still for a progressive tax I would not have AS MUCH respect, but if every dollar earned was still being taxed and not having huge numbers of people with zeros, it is much different than what the likes of RDD, TDM, deaner, and the like support

I support fairness (and it's not subjective so I'll save you the energy now before you even reply with your stale response), you support ensuring the rich stay rich and the poor remain poor. Theres a reason why we dont have the system you want and very few share your opinion of a completely flat tax without exception.

Sorry.. just because you state it is not subjective, does not make it fact

by DEFINITION, fairness is a SUBJECTIVE measure...

Nice try, asshole

The reason WHY we have the system we have now is indeed very simple.. pandering for votes and power

Well.. I would say one thing...

I would have MORE respect than I have for a lot of other far lefties because he did say he was for nobody having a zero sum in federal income taxes... granted, if he is still for a progressive tax I would not have AS MUCH respect, but if every dollar earned was still being taxed and not having huge numbers of people with zeros, it is much different than what the likes of RDD, TDM, deaner, and the like support

I support fairness (and it's not subjective so I'll save you the energy now before you even reply with your stale response), you support ensuring the rich stay rich and the poor remain poor. Theres a reason why we dont have the system you want and very few share your opinion of a completely flat tax without exception.

Nice try, asshole

The reason WHY we have the system we have now is indeed very simple.. pandering for votes and power

Which politicians that you support advocate for a completely flat tax structure with no exceptions and no floor exemptions?

Now education is unaffordable,
Save for it.. you don't have to go immediately and to the most expensive place
entry level jobs don't exist
false.. entry level jobs that pay extraordinary wages for no skills or experience like you want don't exist, nor should they
and a living wage is a dream
You earn your wage and too many dream and think they require so much more. Most could live on much less and save for their betterment. But impatience runs rampant, envy runs strong, and pride takes over. So instead of sharing an apartment, living on less to save for community college, keeping the same basic cell phone or not having one at all, people do the exact opposite, get themselves in trouble, then complain that a living wage has to include things that go way beyond living

Nice try, asshole

Which politicians that you support advocate for a completely flat tax structure with no exceptions and no floor exemptions?

Not many.. unfortunately... and when I have brought it up to even local politicians here... the response is not that it is not equal or that it is not something that can work.. it is that they can't garnish the votes in support from the lower income areas...

But that all comes down to the fact that so many have been wrongly pandered to in the first place and have gotten too used to a free ride for too long... and just as you and your ilk say it is wrong that rich can find loopholes, it is just as wrong that the obvious loophole of a zero tax bill is out there for such a large segment of the population

Thanks Republicans

Some trade schools are.. many are not

The reason why people like me will not hire a recent college grad is because of their know-it-all attitude, their zero experience, and their thought that they are to come out earning what others work years in the field to get.... I have had one come up with a straight face and tell me that for working my entry level job in IT he could not accept less than 80K... and therein lies your problem

With community college, many work their way thru.. many build a resume and experience, maybe not in the higher levels of the field, but at least doing SOMETHING so that it is not just a degree paper that they have when they come to interview. I hired one entry level analyst who only had an associates degree, but worked 3.5 years total in the Geek Squad and repairing small electronics like cash registers etc overnight while she was going to school. Yep, that's right... 3.5 years... not 2 for an associates... because she had to pay for it herself, work, survive, and only take the classes on a pace she could afford... she paid her time with my company, earned 2 years more experience at the entry level job all the while using our tuition assistance program and going to school in the mornings while she worked swing shift and weekends... she resigned 3 years ago and is now working tier 2 support, taking more training, and working her way up...

It can be done, if you are willing to sacrifice.. not just think you should do nothing else but go to school... not just think your degree puts you as the end-all-be-all... not just thinking you come in and instantly earn the big bucks because you spent 100K on some bullshit school....

Nice try, asshole

Not many.. unfortunately... and when I have brought it up to even local politicians here... the response is not that it is not equal or that it is not something that can work.. it is that they can't garnish the votes in support from the lower income areas...

But that all comes down to the fact that so many have been wrongly pandered to in the first place and have gotten too used to a free ride for too long... and just as you and your ilk say it is wrong that rich can find loopholes, it is just as wrong that the obvious loophole of a zero tax bill is out there for such a large segment of the population

Like I said, your ideas are on the fringe. Maybe you should examine whether or not it's perhaps you who is misguided or maybe it's EVERYONE else who fails to hold the opinion that you hold. Which is more likely?

Like I said, your ideas are on the fringe. Maybe you should examine whether or not it's perhaps you who is misguided or maybe it's EVERYONE else who fails to hold the opinion that you hold. Which is more likely?

It is not fringe or weird.. it is that our politicians are more about pandering and power than equality... and people like you are afraid of true equality... it's only about getting better from the system or because of the system.. getting someone else to provide for you and foot what your part of the bill should be... and too many vote to keep that going because of their want and greed rather than striving for the equality they they too many times say they want but it is nothing more than lip service and slogans

I have been self employed for 23 years or so. I lost my retirement in my divorce to my ex-wife so I could keep the business. She isn't rich.

This economy has made it very difficult to recover to previous levels. The economy isn't rich.

Slowly I'm rebuilding lost wealth with no help from anyone but myself. I am not rich but I am very comfortable.

There are greedy people among us but for the most part they only get what you allow them to take from you. The biggest thief of all time is the United States Congress. And YOU do have control over them IF you choose to exercise it.

The fucking government has stolen more money from me than any rich guy ever has

The left seem to conveniently forget ,that it is the rich who do very large chartable events,and the very large amounts of money that they donate.

The Left is trying to create two classes: The Elite (who are also rich) and The Masses. The Masses believe that everything is fair....there is no poor, but there is also no middle class. Notice how anytime the Left wants to "redistribute" or make things fair, it is about taxes on income, not taking assets (yet). By hitting the high income earners, the people who get hurt the most are the Middle Class; in particular, upwardly mobile income earners. This destroys opportunity and the pursuit of happiness which is at the core of what makes America great. Why has America attracted so many people from different parts of the World? Because, it offers the greatest opportunity; not redistribution. Hell, they can get that in the countries they are leaving.

Why move in the direction of a failed economy and kill a middle class or opportunity for prosperity?

Then why is it that when the rich were paying a much higher tax rate this nation had a strong and vibrant middle class? And now that they are paying a camparative pittance are they not creating jobs you know seeing as they are "job creators".

Oh that's right they are creating jobs in other countries.

The fucking government has stolen more money from me than any rich guy ever has

What did you receive in return?

Forum List

Back