The left claims the rich are stealing all the money, what say you?

So it's OK with you that 50% of people pay no income tax and that some actually receive a refund larger than the taxes they paid in?

Isn't that one of your lynch pin arguments that we all live in a society and we are all better off for it? So then why shouldn't we all pay taxes?

I didn't use terms like freeloader. That's you attempting to put words in my mouth and failing. And I don't think anyone should pay the tax rate that I do. 23% of anyone's income getting confiscated by the government is too much.

Why do we have to use some other country as an example?

Are you incapable of innovative thought to the extent that a new way of collecting revenue is completely beyond you?

And I'm not jealous of anyone. Fair and equal treatment of all citizens is objective and devoid of emotion

You start off by saying your taxes are too high and it turns out that you just want others to pay more. Good for you! You don't want lower taxes for you, you want higher taxes for others. Bravo! :clap2:

You really have a problem with reading comprehension don't you?

Tell me how does this statement mean to you that I want higher taxes

23% of anyone's income getting confiscated by the government is too much.

And I don't think it's unreasonable to want everyone to pay taxes but you obviously think it is.

Reading comprehension? So when you complained about 50% of people not paying taxes that was you applauding it? LOL. How sad and pathetic can your argument possibly become? Face it, you don't know what you're talking about. Not saying I have all the answers, but you've made it abundantly clear you have nothing except for whining and complaints.

You're just like every other hypocritical sheep on this site who shares your half baked view of the world.

You start off by saying your taxes are too high and it turns out that you just want others to pay more. Good for you! You don't want lower taxes for you, you want higher taxes for others. Bravo! :clap2:

And I don't think it's unreasonable to want everyone to pay taxes but you obviously think it is.

Reading comprehension? So when you complained about 50% of people not paying taxes that was you applauding it? LOL. How sad and pathetic can your argument possibly become? Face it, you don't know what you're talking about. Not saying I have all the answers, but you've made it abundantly clear you have nothing except for whining and complaints.

You're just like every other hypocritical sheep on this site who shares your half baked view of the world.

Is it unreasonable to expect everyone to pay taxes?

And I have not said anything hypocritical. In fact I am saying that I want a system that treats everyone exactly the same.

You're the one who wants to look at what other countries do and follow them not me.

And I have not said anything hypocritical. In fact I am saying that I want a system that treats everyone exactly the same.

You're the one who wants to look at what other countries do and follow them not me.

So when you said

The fucking government has stolen more money from me than any rich guy ever has

That was you not complaining that your taxes are too high, but that other peoples taxes aren't high enough? Is that right?

I was just trying to understand in your opinion why you think the government has stolen so much money from you but you turned the conversation to '50% of the population need to pay more'.

Can you not see how that seems like an odd disconnect to me?

So when you said

The fucking government has stolen more money from me than any rich guy ever has

That was you not complaining that your taxes are too high, but that other peoples taxes aren't high enough? Is that right?

I have said that before and yes I think tax rates are too high

I was just trying to understand in your opinion why you think the government has stolen so much money from you but you turned the conversation to '50% of the population need to pay more'.

Since they pay none yes they should pay something. Unless you want us all to pay zero then everyone should pay taxes

I don't see how expecting everyone to pay taxes is a disconnect.

One reason I have to pay so much is that I am footing the bill for those that pay none. So I don't really give a shit if someone who is paying zero taxes has to pay some.

Uhh it's the math that shows that the money is concentrating at the top.

You can blame the left but it's the Math.

So?

So. Countries where that sort of thing happens ALWAYS have problems down the road.

Always.

Because eventually, if you have just the very poor and the very rich, the very poor figure after a certain point, they have absolutely nothing to lose by upsetting the applecart.

When you have a middle class- and I know this is hard for you to grasp - you have people who are invested in the status quo. they might not be getting a huge amount, but they are comfortable.

Uhh it's the math that shows that the money is concentrating at the top.

You can blame the left but it's the Math.

So?

So. Countries where that sort of thing happens ALWAYS have problems down the road.

Always.

Because eventually, if you have just the very poor and the very rich, the very poor figure after a certain point, they have absolutely nothing to lose by upsetting the applecart.

When you have a middle class- and I know this is hard for you to grasp - you have people who are invested in the status quo. they might not be getting a huge amount, but they are comfortable.

That's a slippery slope fallacy. If that were the case in every country you'd have one guy with all the money. That doesn't happen. The US is a dynamic economy. People who are rich today are poor tomorrow. People who are poor today are rich tomorrow. And the middle class has seen growth in income and assets over time. Not as fast as the wealthy, but they have.
But dont let facts disway you. You gotta stick it to da Man!

So when you said

So YOUR tax rates are too high or the entire countries tax rates are too high?

Because.....

Since they pay none yes they should pay something. Unless you want us all to pay zero then everyone should pay taxes

One reason I have to pay so much is that I am footing the bill for those that pay none. So I don't really give a shit if someone who is paying zero taxes has to pay some.

Here you are complaining that tax rates are too low. Not yours of course, yours are "too high".

So your entire viewpoint is based upon self interest it seems. That makes sense to an extent but it hardly qualifies you to be able to say what is best for the country when you are clearly only looking out for yourself.

So when you said

Because.....

Here you are complaining that tax rates are too low. Not yours of course, yours are "too high".

So your entire viewpoint is based upon self interest it seems. That makes sense to an extent but it hardly qualifies you to be able to say what is best for the country when you are clearly only looking out for yourself.

The tax rate has nothing to do with the fact that people pay no taxes. They pay no taxes because of government give aways and refundable tax credits.

Here are the current income tax brackets
2012-Tax-Brackets3.jpg

Where on that table do you see a bracket that is zero percent? Where do you see a tax bracket that is a negative percentage (where one receives a larger refund than the tax due)?

I am looking out for myself because no one else is are they? Is it too much to ask that others do the same?

I'm looking for equity in the system you're not.

You still have not answered the question:

Last edited:

Because.....

The tax rate has nothing to do with the fact that people pay no taxes. They pay no taxes because of government give aways and refundable tax credits.

2012-Tax-Brackets3.jpg

Where on that table do you see a bracket that is zero percent? Where do you see a tax bracket that is a negative percentage (where one receives a larger refund than the tax due)?

I am looking out for myself because no one else is are they? Is it too much to ask that others do the same?

Everyone pays taxes. But you knew that already...you want to pretend like federal income taxes are the only taxes that people pay.

Since you are so upset that other people aren't paying you must be in favor of higher taxes. I assume you were against the Bush Tax cuts? Yes?

No rich or poor person has even taken my money. The government takes my money before I see it though.

I think the government needs to try to divide us. They need us angry at our brethren simply because they make more money. If we have a humble people who dont hate their brethren, the government wont be able to maintain their corruption. The people will see it and fix it.

Dont stir up anger towards your brethren regardless what reason. The attempts to divide are attempts to keep the status quo in place and keep corrupt people in power over us.

Because.....

2012-Tax-Brackets3.jpg

Everyone pays taxes. But you knew that already...you want to pretend like federal income taxes are the only taxes that people pay.

We have been talking about income taxes you twit. I'm sorry I'll make sure I hold your hand through the argument from now on but don't piss and moan if my posts get really long.

Since you are so upset that other people aren't paying you must be in favor of higher taxes. I assume you were against the Bush Tax cuts? Yes?

You assume wrong. I'm for all income from dollar one being taxed at the same rate of 10%. No deductions. As it is now that would give the government about the same revenue from income tax as it gets now and it would costs less to enforce.

Summary of Latest Federal Individual Income Tax Data | Tax Foundation

You'll see that the average income tax of all tax payers was 11% in 2009

So if the tax rate was 10% with no deductions, no tax credits, no give aways, no special treatment then the government would most likely see an increase in revenue even though the average tax rate dropped by 1%

Couple that with the savings that could be realized by cutting the size of the IRS and it's a win for everyone.

SO you see I am for complete equity and impartiality in the application of the income tax.

Now tell me is it unreasonable for everyone to pay INCOME taxes?

Because.....

2012-Tax-Brackets3.jpg

It is reasonable for everyone to pay taxes

Including those recieving assistance--you may not pay federal taxes,but exemption from local sales taxes is stupid in my op

[

That's a slippery slope fallacy. If that were the case in every country you'd have one guy with all the money. That doesn't happen. The US is a dynamic economy. People who are rich today are poor tomorrow. People who are poor today are rich tomorrow. And the middle class has seen growth in income and assets over time. Not as fast as the wealthy, but they have.
But dont let facts disway you. You gotta stick it to da Man!

Um, sorry, no, the Middle Class has declined since Reagan. This is an undeniable fact. If you don't realize that, you are even dumber than I thought, and I think you are really fucking stupid, the kind of inbred moron who clings to his gun and his bible and thinks it's all fine..

It's not a dynamic economy and hasn't been for a long time. iIn fact, economic mobility is LESS in the US than it is in Europe.

End of the American Dream: Economic mobility is now greater in Europe than the United States. - Slate Magazine

Forum List

Back