The Left and Right Labels Must Go!

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
The political concept of left vs right is killing the political process in this country because it convinces people that there are only two positions that you can have and you have to take up all other political beliefs associated with that side. In my experience, most people are liberals, communist, conservatives, libertarians, federalist, etc, etc, etc and each one of these different positions gets qualified as either left or right.

A good example is libertarians and conservatives. These two groups might share a common vision of less government so they get labeled as being on the right but are these two groups exactly the same to the point where they should be a single political idealogy? Its just to narrow of a definition which forces people to support things that they might not normally support just because they have been associated with being on the left or right.

What is needed is more variety and have five or six political philosophies in this country that way we can separate people more precisely about what they believe instead of trying to jam a million individual viewpoints into two pots.

What's needed is for people to not choose a party. That way, they'll decide on the issues as they come, not simply take the stance their "side" takes and run with it screaming at the "opposing" side until the bitter end.

One good way to start this is to push that the ballots no longer have anything to do with parties or political alignments, only the names.

• Banned
What's needed is for people to not choose a party. That way, they'll decide on the issues as they come, not simply take the stance their "side" takes and run with it screaming at the "opposing" side until the bitter end.

My own think is that modern political parties are nothing more than organizations designed to get someone elected and to have their party in power. This is true of both republican and democratic parties. It does not matter what they believe or say it just matters getting their party in power which is not what the political process should be about.

It is annoying, though. Half the shit one side "thinks" the other side "wants" is total bullshit, drawn from thin-air and repeated over and over until message-board puppet-heads eventually regurgitate it revealing their true lack of critically thinking for themselves.

I can't stant it when you hear the same one-liners over and over and over again it's like fuck, have you ever had an original fucking thought in your life?

Boosh lied, people died!!
Obammy was more worried about the Olympics than the Troops!!

Partisanship is fucking awful.

I'm a Conservative and when I meet a Libertarian I always say; "Oh, so you're a Conservative who is against the war and wants to smoke dope right?" to which they always reply;

"Oh no! That's not accurate at all! Where do you get your info from?" They then tell me how they are against the war and think marijuana should be legalized. :rolleyes:

I'm a Conservative and when I meet a Libertarian I always say; "Oh, so you're a Conservative who is against the war and wants to smoke dope right?" to which they always reply;

"Oh no! That's not accurate at all! Where do you get your info from?" They then tell me how they are against the war and think marijuana should be legalized. :rolleyes:

lol it should. But that's neither here n'or there. :eusa_eh:

wow, i would've said correct on that one.

Forum List

Back