The last war you felt good about supporting?

If, that is, there has ever been one in your lifetime and hopefully, one that we won which for most of you has happened, kind of, only once in your lifetime.

My choice, WWII.

images

Funny... You don't look that old.

Why choose World War II as the war you support?

*****SMILE*****

:rolleyes:

It was the last worthy war, a war fought for the right reasons, to reestablish liberalism as the ruling philosophy. It was also the last one we actually won.

Part of what made it so brutal is it was actually fought that way. It should have ended better but those are the breaks.

upload_2016-5-29_11-50-36.jpeg

What made it worthy?

*****SMILE*****

:)

If, that is, there has ever been one in your lifetime and hopefully, one that we won which for most of you has happened, kind of, only once in your lifetime.

My choice, WWII.

There's no such thing. It's an oxymoron.

My choice, WWII.

images

Funny... You don't look that old.

Why choose World War II as the war you support?

*****SMILE*****

:rolleyes:

It was the last worthy war, a war fought for the right reasons, to reestablish liberalism as the ruling philosophy. It was also the last one we actually won.

Part of what made it so brutal is it was actually fought that way. It should have ended better but those are the breaks.

View attachment 76345

What made it worthy?

*****SMILE*****

:)

#19.

WW2 was a disaster that killed an estimated 80 million civilians. Almost every family in the United States was impacted by the loss or wounding of a Serviceman. The only reason people "feel good about it" is because of romantic notions and the media's encouragement. WW2 is the last war the media supported.
WWII was no disaster for us. It made us into one of two Superpowers.

And that's a desirable thing? Don't think so.

My choice, WWII.
Every war from December 8, 1941 to the present time. I hate and detest war but I am bound to support the USA no matter what. Color me Red,White and Blue.
A fool. Okay.
Why don't you do some squat jumps on a fire hydrant, Achmed?

WW2 was a disaster that killed an estimated 80 million civilians. Almost every family in the United States was impacted by the loss or wounding of a Serviceman. The only reason people "feel good about it" is because of romantic notions and the media's encouragement. WW2 is the last war the media supported.

It was for us, and you can make a damn good argument for much of the rest of the world, before we became such a nation of fuckups.

My choice, WWII.
Every war from December 8, 1941 to the present time. I hate and detest war but I am bound to support the USA no matter what. Color me Red,White and Blue.
A fool. Okay.
My Country Right or Wrong makes you into just another good little Nazi.

My choice, WWII.

I don't feel good about war and death. WWII inflicted pain on us all. My dad was a veteran of WWII, he shot a German soldier, he has lived with that to this day. He saw his buddies have limbs blown off, friends die.

Not sure how anyone can support the death of, children, mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, aunts, uncles, friends and so on.

It was for us, and you can make a damn good argument for much of the rest of the world, before we became such a nation of fuckups.

It requires first a hierarchy of "superior" versus "inferior". And that's stupid and pointless. We eventually figured that out with racism -- sort of -- but failed to get the big picture.

(what, ultimately, is the difference between crowing "we're the best country in the world" and crowing "we're the best race in the world"?)

My choice, WWII.
A fool. Okay.
So you wont mind going to the oven, Schultze?

My choice, WWII.

I don't feel good about war and death. WWII inflicted pain on us all. My dad was a veteran of WWII, he shot a German soldier, he has lived with that to this day. He saw his buddies have limbs blown off, friends die.

Not sure how anyone can support the death of, children, mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, aunts, uncles, friends and so on.
No one supports it, it's the cost of resolving conflicts by war, a very high cost and if it ever becomes cheap, God help us.

My choice, WWII.
A fool. Okay.
I mind, and you would have been manning it, if ordered to.

That's what happens when individuals will not stand up to their country doing wrong.

You already said you mindlessly supported every war since your birth. That's a good little Hitler Youth.

My choice, WWII.

Taking out Noriega and letting him sit in jail the rest of his life, which may have been the only good thing HW did in his four years as President.

Blasting the crap out of the Taliban would have been my choice if we hadn't fucked it up by staying and trying to "nation build"

My choice, WWII.

Taking out Noriega and letting him sit in jail the rest of his life, which may have been the only good thing HW did in his four years as President.

Blasting the crap out of the Taliban would have been my choice if we hadn't fucked it up by staying and trying to "nation build"
Sometimes we act, when our puppets misbehave.

A fool. Okay.
I mind, and you would have been manning it, if ordered to.

That's what happens when individuals will not stand up to their country doing wrong.

You already said you mindlessly supported every war since your birth. That's a good little Hitler Youth.
You misquoted the things I said in post #3, Nellybelle.

Forum List

Back