The Jobs Market Sucks

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
ObamaCare-FUBAR.gif

Here’s the bottom line: The economy still sucks because a record 93,626,000 Americans are not in the labor force. Record 93 626 000 Americans Not in Labor Force Participation Rate Declines to 62.6

Obama's people can spin the figures all they want. But, the above is the truth. I've read a number of reports indicating the jobless rate is closer to 40%!

Here’s the bottom line: The economy still sucks because a record 93,626,000 Americans are not in the labor force. Record 93 626 000 Americans Not in Labor Force Participation Rate Declines to 62.6
ok, so 93.6 million are neither working nor looking for work. Why is that bad? You do realize that we're talking mostly retirees, students, disabled, stay home spouses, independently wealthy, etc
because like GOP administration the employment rate was 100% according to dingle berry stat...

There is no longer an incentive to work in this country. Obama has seen to that.
and   Ay, every inch a king. When I do stare, see how the subject quakes. I pardon that man’s life. What was thy cause? Adultery? Thou shalt not die. Die for adultery? No. The wren goes to ’t, and the small gilded fly does lecher in my sight. Let copulation thrive, for Gloucester’s bastard son Was kinder to his father than my daughters got ’tween the lawful sheets. To ’t, luxury, pell-mell—for I lack soldiers.King Lear...

There is no longer an incentive to work in this country. Obama has seen to that.

Have you ever been unemployed? Unemployment compensation is much less than what the unemployed person earned in his last job. The longer one is out of work the more difficult it is to find any job, much less one paying as much as the job one has lost.

At the height of the Great Recession there were five people looking for a job for every job opening.

Many employers will not hire someone who does not already have a job. To get a job paying a decent salary with good benefits one usually needs to already have a job doing what one is applying for.

The job market could certainly be better. Nevertheless, there is no reason to suppose that it would be better with a Republican in the White House.

From the presidency of Harry Truman to that of George W. Bush there were nearly always more jobs created under Democrat presidents than Republican presidents. More jobs were created per year under Jimmy Carter than Ronald Reagan.

Bush On Jobs The Worst Track Record On Record - Real Time Economics - WSJ

When Bill Clinton was inaugurated the unemployment rate was
7.3 %. When he left office it was 4.2 %.

When George W. Bush left office the unemployment rate was
7.8 %.

Currently the unemployment rate is 5.3 %.
https://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/data/UNRATE.txt

Have you ever been unemployed? Unemployment compensation is much less than what the unemployed person earned in his last job. The longer one is out of work the more difficult it is to find any job, much less one paying as much as the job one has lost.

At the height of the Great Recession there were five people looking for a job for every job opening.

Many employers will not hire someone who does not already have a job. To get a job paying a decent salary with good benefits one usually needs to already have a job doing what one is applying for.

False, I got hired twice when unemployed in the last 4 years

in 42 years, I have never had a problem getting a job..I'll literally do anything it takes to earn money for weed....

in 42 years, I have never had a problem getting a job..I'll literally do anything it takes to earn money for weed....

I knew you was HIGH when you post on here, I can tell by the shit you post

Obama's people can spin the figures all they want. But, the above is the truth. I've read a number of reports indicating the jobless rate is closer to 40%!
40% only by stupidly including retirees, students, disabled, stay home spouses, independently wealthy, etc. and assuming they all would work 40 hours per week when the highest the national average work week was 34.7 hours since the BLS started keeping track of that number.

Anyone looking for work knows the true story. It's a buyer's market, if you are selling yourself you are at the employer's mercy. Less opportunity = less pay.

I thought all employers would pay their staff enough money so they could

1. Pay bills
2. Buy food
3. Pay rent
4. Go out and have fun
5. Drive a car
6. Save money

If not then what the fuck is the purpose of someone going to work everyday?

1. Pay bills
2. Buy food
3. Pay rent
4. Go out and have fun
5. Drive a car
6. Save money

Jobs with that kind of pay are available. But you have to have skills worth paying for, or you don't get the better pay.

1. Pay bills
2. Buy food
3. Pay rent
4. Go out and have fun
5. Drive a car
6. Save money

Jobs with that kind of pay are available. But you have to have skills worth paying for, or you don't get the better pay.

No company should hire anyone unless they can do all of those things

1. Pay bills
2. Buy food
3. Pay rent
4. Go out and have fun
5. Drive a car
6. Save money

No company should hire anyone unless they can do all of those things

Bullshit. If you have no marketable skills, you make less. You can make enough to pay the bills, pay rent and eat. You might even save some money. But driving a car and going out to have fun takes more. You want it all without having much to offer the company.

Forum List

Back