The Jobs Market Sucks

Good paying jobs are difficult to find.

Yep, they can be hard to find.

Used to be easy. The market isn't wanting to pay knowledge and skill. The current market is young, and lower wages.

This is true. But without any knowledge or skills it is even worse.

And sometimes you have to do something else for less until you find a job that pays for your skill set. I did. It pinched but it paid off.

I thought all employers would pay their staff enough money so they could

1. Pay bills
2. Buy food
3. Pay rent
4. Go out and have fun
5. Drive a car
6. Save money

If not then what the fuck is the purpose of someone going to work everyday?

Jobs with that kind of pay are available. But you have to have skills worth paying for, or you don't get the better pay.

No company should hire anyone unless they can do all of those things

Why? You want someone else's money. Why should they give it to you, to say nothing of why they should give you more of it. What do you offer them in return, that is worth more?

Here’s the bottom line: The economy still sucks because a record 93,626,000 Americans are not in the labor force. Record 93 626 000 Americans Not in Labor Force Participation Rate Declines to 62.6
ok, so 93.6 million are neither working nor looking for work. Why is that bad? You do realize that we're talking mostly retirees, students, disabled, stay home spouses, independently wealthy, etc

And you do realize that all the jobs that are available for those who can work are either at Burger King or Walmart — don't you, Sherlock?

It's also called being literate! Able to read, write, and do calculations about a 5th grade level.

Here’s the bottom line: The economy still sucks because a record 93,626,000 Americans are not in the labor force. Record 93 626 000 Americans Not in Labor Force Participation Rate Declines to 62.6

Obama's people can spin the figures all they want. But, the above is the truth. I've read a number of reports indicating the jobless rate is closer to 40%!
40% only by stupidly including retirees, students, disabled, stay home spouses, independently wealthy, etc. and assuming they all would work 40 hours per week when the highest the national average work week was 34.7 hours since the BLS started keeping track of that number.
Don't forget, as many as 40 million of the 93 million may also be working, according to government estimates, but not reporting income. Only idiots of the highest order claim there are 93 million not working but should be. Not to mention, those same imbeciles never include the additional 8 million who are actually unemployed and looking for work. The only know how to mindlessly parrot the talking points they are spoon fed.

ObamaCare-FUBAR.gif

Obama's people can spin the figures all they want. But, the above is the truth. I've read a number of reports indicating the jobless rate is closer to 40%!

U6 is 10.3% which is pretty bad indeed. Its the worst recovery since the Great Depression and we have declining incomes to boot and that is with 0% interest rates and the huge Republican fracking ,horizontal drilling revolution holding up the economy.

Why not make liberalism illegal as our Founders intended?

40% only by stupidly including retirees, students, disabled, stay home spouses, independently wealthy, etc. and assuming they all would work 40 hours per week when the highest the national average work week was 34.7 hours since the BLS started keeping track of that number.
Don't forget, as many as 40 million of the 93 million may also be working, according to government estimates, but not reporting income.
Where are you getting that from? Reported income has nothing to do with labor force classification.

Only idiots of the highest order claim there are 93 million not working but should be. Not to mention, those same imbeciles never include the additional 8 million who are actually unemployed and looking for work. The only know how to mindlessly parrot the talking points they are spoon fed.
I agree with you for all that

Don't forget, as many as 40 million of the 93 million may also be working, according to government estimates, but not reporting income.
Where are you getting that from? Reported income has nothing to do with labor force classification.

Only idiots of the highest order claim there are 93 million not working but should be. Not to mention, those same imbeciles never include the additional 8 million who are actually unemployed and looking for work. The only know how to mindlessly parrot the talking points they are spoon fed.
Few people who work in the shadow economy are going to reveal to the BLS that they are employed. They will be counted as either unemployed or not in the labor force.

Few people who work in the shadow economy are going to reveal to the BLS that they are employed. They will be counted as either unemployed or not in the labor force.

You are saying 40 million people are working under the table?

total illiterate BS from huge liberal buffoon!!

We have reviewed the literature on the "underground
economy" with this objective in mind . It is of
course always possible that underground activity affects BLS
statistical series . The crucial question is : Does the evidence
suggest that major effects are probable? We conclude that
the literature on the underground economy has not made
the case-far from it . The issues however remain important
ones that will continue to be monitored as new findings

According to government estimates, yes.

Got a link?

Since confidentiality is assured, and any Census employee faces jail time for revealing personal information, and no BLS employee could identify any individual, it really isn't that many people who would lie. They're more likely to just refuse to answer the survey. There is no way the employment number could be off by 40 million.

Got a link?
$2 trillion underground economy aids recovery

Since confidentiality is assured, and any Census employee faces jail time for revealing personal information, and no BLS employee could identify any individual, it really isn't that many people who would lie. They're more likely to just refuse to answer the survey. There is no way the employment number could be off by 40 million.
People working under the table are already lying by not paying taxes. Folks like that are not going to tell the government they are working. And I said the number could be as high as 40 million. Certainly, it could be less. I do apologize though for saying I got that number from government estimates. That was my recollection but after finding the link for papageorgio, I see it was from an analyst. The government's estimate was $500b, or about 10 million people; based upon the average income of about $50,000.

People working under the table are already lying by not paying taxes. Folks like that are not going to tell the government they are working. And I said the number could be as high as 40 million. Certainly, it could be less. I do apologize though for saying I got that number from government estimates. That was my recollection but after finding the link for papageorgio, I see it was from an analyst. The government's estimate was $500b, or about 10 million people; based upon the average income of about $50,000.
We have reviewed the literature on the "underground
economy" with this objective in mind . It is of
course always possible that underground activity affects BLS
statistical series . The crucial question is : Does the evidence
suggest that major effects are probable? We conclude that
the literature on the underground economy has not made
the case-far from it . The issues however remain important
ones that will continue to be monitored as new findings

Got a link?
$2 trillion underground economy aids recovery

No mention of 40 million workers, got another link.

I have been looking and I can't find anything that gives out a number.

Forum List

Back