The Islam Thread

Interesting. And Damning. The passages from the Old Testament show God's wrath on evil, and those in the Koran are instructions, supposedly from Allah, for humans to commit acts of evil, many based on a man's sexual desires.

Any guess what God will do to these followers of Allah? You shouldn't have to, if you had read the former.

It is clear that you did not really read the "Skeptics Annotated Bible". Read it carefully and you will see that God was intollerant toward the non-Jews whether they were evil or not.

Second Corinthians says to keep away from unbelievers. Neither marry nor be friends with them. Perhaps, for your sake, we should not be friends. According to Titus, Jews are unruly liars whose mouths must be stopped. It says that the people of Crete are always liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.

Read Deuteronomy 2:25 “All nations shall be terrorized by the followers of Yahweh.”

Look at Deuteronomy 2:30 “God hardened the heart of the king of Heshbon and so that he could have him and all of his people killed.”

God instructs the Israelites to utterly destroyed the men, women, and the little ones leaving "none to remain" in Deuteronomy 2:33-36.

God instructs the Israelites to kill, without mercy, all the inhabitants (strangers) of the land that they conquer in Deuteronomy 7.

Gosh. Perhaps the non-Jews were not very cooperative, but for the Jews to kill everyone is to be a little bit severe, isn’t it? I mean that if I were at war with a neighbor and I was the sole survivor, I’d surrender and beg for my life. These Jews, supposedly under God’s instruction, were not very tolerant.

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/int/long.html

He was a con-man who saw this new religion called Christianity, and he figured that if so many people were stupid enough to believe that some dead guy rose from the grave, people would believe anything. And he was right.

So he came up the with story about the angel Gabriel. What a brilliant idea. Invent a religion that tells a man he can do anything he wants. Mohammed was a real genius.

So, Isaac Newton was stupid?

Okay i've read that bible skeptic stuff and I'd say more than half of those bad referances to biblical passages can be explained. Like this one. I had thought the guy who owned the website was going somewhere, but I did a little research on my own and came to a conclusion that he must've pulled random numbers out his ass and thought he was was playing the lottery or something. We'll anyway... The guy had put this on his webpage: "If you do what God says, he won't send his diseases on you (like he did to the Egyptians). But otherwise.... 15:26"
The answer to this is simple. God was talking to Moses in personally. He wasn't saying it to be ment for all the peoples of the world ect.

Okay i've read that bible skeptic stuff and I'd say more than half of those bad referances to biblical passages can be explained. Like this one. I had thought the guy who owned the website was going somewhere, but I did a little research on my own and came to a conclusion that he must've pulled random numbers out his ass and thought he was was playing the lottery or something. We'll anyway... The guy had put this on his webpage: "If you do what God says, he won't send his diseases on you (like he did to the Egyptians). But otherwise.... 15:26"
The answer to this is simple. God was talking to Moses in personally. He wasn't saying it to be ment for all the peoples of the world ect.
God intentionally, however, makes the Phaoroh's heart grow hard just so God can unleash hellish things on the Egyptians, just do kill people a nd make life misterable for everyone who wasn't an Israelite.

That's too funny! The Coultergeist has been caught in more lies than you can shake a stick at... not that you'd ever read anything that pointed out those lies or believe it if you did.

That is absolutely not true. Ann Coulter had an entire website dedicated to debunking her "lies" and they gave up. It was called anticoulter.com and the last I heard of it was a couple of years ago when they were trying to sell the domain name for $600.

Ann Coulter has never been caught in a lie. If you have an example, cough it up. But I warn you, I'm a huge Coulter fan and you are not going to be able to get away with anything with me. So make sure any example you have is really a lie, and not an opinion you just happen to hate.

My point was self-evident. You can't focus solely on Islam when talking about violence. More blood has been shed in the name of religion than for any other purpose.

When the subject is Islam, yes I can. You want to trash other religions, go right ahead.

Have you read the Koran? Since you're so expert and all. :beer:

Yes, I have. I've read the Koran and the Hadiths online. I don't claim to be an expert. But I obviously know a hell of a lot more about it than you do.

That's too funny! The Coultergeist has been caught in more lies than you can shake a stick at... not that you'd ever read anything that pointed out those lies or believe it if you did. :
so, why didnt you give us an example, or are we just suppose to believe you?

My point was self-evident. You can't focus solely on Islam when talking about violence. More blood has been shed in the name of religion than for any other purpose.:
sorry to inform you, but between stalin and mao tse tung, those two murdered more people than all the religions combined throughout history. Do some reading, do the math. Hint, it turns out the chinese communist leader is believed to have murdered up to 50 million of his own people.

Have you read the Koran? Since you're so expert and all. :beer:
actually I have. Its a piece of garbage.

So, Isaac Newton was stupid?

If he believed in god, yes, he was.

If he believed in the Tooth Fairy you'd call him stupid, wouldn't you?

I've known a lot of stupid educated people. Haven't you?

My friend Brad is the ultimate stupid educated person I've ever met :eek:

I hate to tell you this, but sir Isaac Newton is regarded by many experts to be the smartest man who ever lived.

Do you know ANYONE who serioiusly wrote that they REALLY saw the tooth fairy?

Nice circular reasoning.

Keep up the good work protecting Ann from slanderous lies.

I hate to tell you this, but sir Isaac Newton is regarded by many experts to be the smartest man who ever lived.

Do you know ANYONE who serioiusly wrote that they REALLY saw the tooth fairy?

Nice circular reasoning.

Keep up the good work protecting Ann from slanderous lies.

To me it's not circular reasoning because I just wasn't raised to believe in a God so there is no difference between God and the Tooth Fairy. And yes, I have actually had people who claim to be agnostics claim they withhold judgment about the Tooth Fairy, too. Seriously.

As far as Ann goes, I just love arguing with liberals about her. There is no better way to point out liberal hate and hypocrisy than to bring up Ann Coulter. It's hysterical.

And Ann Coulter has never been caught in a lie. That's what bothers them so much.

There are more superlatives again: Islam has always been spread by the sword.

Look at post number 70 in this thread. Read the links. There were times in which for a time and for a few people, there was not conversion to by the sword. People living on land under rule by Muslims were not forced to convert.

Christianity has never been spread by the sword…

Give me your perspective on the Salem witch trials, “Manifest Destiny” and the Spanish Inquisition. It seems to me that some people had to profess Christianity and behave accordingly or be executed as witches. They had to convert to Christianity – the religion of the European immigrants - or be shoved further to the west and out of the way. They had to convert to Catholicism in Spain or possibly be executed. (Wow. Read the sentencing phase on the Spanish Inquisition according to the wikipedia web site.)

Historically speaking, Islam has always been spread by the sword, since its beginning. And again, historically speaking, Christianity has never been spread by the sword.

Salem was an isolated event by a cult. Are you comparing this to what Mohamed commanded through the Koran?

Again, the Crusades were wars to take back lands that Muslims had conquered. Some Spaniards may have been a bit overzealous, but they were not under Biblical instructions, but on their own quest for power.

Exactly, they were Jewish lands...then Christian, then Muslim, then Christian, then Muslim, then Jewish!
Actually they were nomadic, with Jews occupying a small area, then Christians living peacefully among them. After Mohamed then the peace was disrupted, and continues to this present day.

It is clear that you did not really read the "Skeptics Annotated Bible". Read it carefully and you will see that God was intollerant toward the non-Jews whether they were evil or not.

Second Corinthians says to keep away from unbelievers. Neither marry nor be friends with them. Perhaps, for your sake, we should not be friends. According to Titus, Jews are unruly liars whose mouths must be stopped. It says that the people of Crete are always liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.

Read Deuteronomy 2:25 “All nations shall be terrorized by the followers of Yahweh.”

Look at Deuteronomy 2:30 “God hardened the heart of the king of Heshbon and so that he could have him and all of his people killed.”

God instructs the Israelites to utterly destroyed the men, women, and the little ones leaving "none to remain" in Deuteronomy 2:33-36.

God instructs the Israelites to kill, without mercy, all the inhabitants (strangers) of the land that they conquer in Deuteronomy 7.

Gosh. Perhaps the non-Jews were not very cooperative, but for the Jews to kill everyone is to be a little bit severe, isn’t it? I mean that if I were at war with a neighbor and I was the sole survivor, I’d surrender and beg for my life. These Jews, supposedly under God’s instruction, were not very tolerant.

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/int/long.html

Oh, I've read the whole Bible, and that is exactly my point. You are mixing NT and OT stories like they are all the same, ignoring the timeline and the progression of man. The Torah is full of violence with the Jews taking on godless, nomadic tribes. Christ fulfills scripture and teaches how to live in peace. Not marrying a non-believer is not quite the same as beheading them. Mohamed recognizes Jesus as ‘the greatest prophet’ yet ignored His teachings, turning back progress 3000 years, which is exactly proof of blasphemy.

And again, historically speaking, Christianity has never been spread by the sword.

Salem was an isolated event by a cult. Are you comparing this to what Mohamed commanded through the Koran?

No. I am not comparing Salem to what Mohamed supposedly commanded. I am merely correcting your statement. It is clear that with the Salem witch trials, "Manifest Destiny, and the Spanish Inquisition, Christianity was, to perhaps a very tiny extent, spread or imposed my the sword. Your statement about Christianity never having been spread by the sword is not true. Now, I grant you that there was no Bibleical instruction to convert people through use of the sword but that is a different statement.

Oh, I've read the whole Bible, and that is exactly my point. You are mixing NT and OT stories like they are all the same, ignoring the timeline and the progression of man. The Torah is full of violence with the Jews taking on godless, nomadic tribes. Christ fulfills scripture and teaches how to live in peace. Not marrying a non-believer is not quite the same as beheading them. Mohamed recognizes Jesus as ‘the greatest prophet’ yet ignored His teachings, turning back progress 3000 years, which is exactly proof of blasphemy.

That is so striking. We have two different books that are supposedly talking about the same god. The Old Testament has cruelty and violence. Then, all of a sudden, we have another book that talks about turning the other cheek and loving your enemy. Did god change his mind about how humans are to settle their differences? The whole inconsistency of the Bible really turns me off. Why were people not allowed to wear clothing of different fabric in the Old Testament but I am free to wear different material today? Because Jesus came, I’m also allowed to eat pork, right?

No. I am not comparing Salem to what Mohamed supposedly commanded. I am merely correcting your statement. It is clear that with the Salem witch trials, "Manifest Destiny, and the Spanish Inquisition, Christianity was, to perhaps a very tiny extent, spread or imposed my the sword. Your statement about Christianity never having been spread by the sword is not true. Now, I grant you that there was no Bibleical instruction to convert people through use of the sword but that is a different statement.
So then obviously you see the difference between a written commandment by the founder of a religion and the errors of a few followers of another.

That is so striking. We have two different books that are supposedly talking about the same god. The Old Testament has cruelty and violence. Then, all of a sudden, we have another book that talks about turning the other cheek and loving your enemy. Did god change his mind about how humans are to settle their differences? The whole inconsistency of the Bible really turns me off. Why were people not allowed to wear clothing of different fabric in the Old Testament but I am free to wear different material today? Because Jesus came, I’m also allowed to eat pork, right?
What you see as an "inconsistency" is actually a watershed change caused by the Son of Man fulfilling scripture, offering up His own body to pay for the sins of man. It is complex and simple at the same time.

Forum List

Back