The Islam Thread

What about the Jewish town that Mohammad wiped out and slaughtered down to the last child? That sounds really merciful and kind to me.

In turn, read carefully Deuteronomy 7: 1-5. That sounds really merciful and kind to me.

Now, let’s start bean counting. Throughout history, which team has killed more people: Muslims, Christians, or Jews? I think that they Muslims are ahead. They are probably up by 2000 unless we count intra-team killings. Remember the Catholics and Protestants in Great Britain that were at war with each other. Gee. I just don’t know.

Muhammed didn't actually write the Koran. Rather many people memorized verses he said and it wasn't untill many years after his death (decades even?) that the verses were put to paper and organized into chapters.

The funny thing about Islam is they say they regard Jesus as a great Prophet of God yet claim that his disciples lied after his death about his Resurrection and Ascention to Heaven. I guess a "greatest Prophet of God" was unable to forsee his own handpicked disciples would end up writing "lies" about him (The New Testament). By the way if you ever confront a Muslim about this contractition they will never answer for it.

The koran is the biggest piece of garbage in existence.

It was suppose to be a revelation to Mohammed from God. The real reason the religion was started was to unify the arabs, who were not monotheistic, unlike the Jews and Christians. But with Jews and Christians their enemies, they couldnt just accept their Torah and Bible. At the same time, they couldnt just invent a new god, so they simply hijacked Judaism and Christianity and claimed the Jews and Christians changed parts of the old texts.

How convienent it was for the muslims that the ONLY parts the Jews and Christians changed were the parts the muslims needed changed for their koran to work. Kinda like the Jehovahs witnesses, who also claim "parts" of the Bible were either changed, or mis interpeted.

The winners remain alive and are able to write the history books. .
Oh yea. I have heard that old "bumper sticker" mentality before. Uh, sorry to tell you this, but usually the losers in a battle or war also have many survivors. Its pretty rare that the winners completely annhialate completely the losers, hence, the losers also remain alive.

And the Jews created the Bible as a power trip tool..
No they didnt.
They took land and claimed that their God said that they could have it. .[/QUOTE]
I hate to tell you this, but in those days, NOBODY needed an excuse for taking land. If you were powerful enough to do it, then thats all the excuse you needed.

Read carefully the Old Testament about the Jews. . Europeans have their “manifest destiny”. Mormons claim a big portion of Utah as their “promised land.” White skinheads interpret the Bible in ways to support their contention that they are the superior race. .
such comparisions are quite the joke.

This old “we versus them” mentality, taken with such extreme and tiresome rhetoric, really is depressing but all too common. All throughout history, it seems like the same old story of humanity. We take up sides, exaggerate our greatness and underexpose our grievous sins, exaggerate the other side’s sins and belittle the good that the other side do, and end up trying to destroy each other. From the myth of Cain and Able to today’s Islam and Christianity, there is nothing new under the sun.

Hmmm, such the pessimist. WHile history is replete with many evil people and deeds, it is equally presented with men and women of great honor, heroics and of religions doing many great things of accomplishment. You should try reading some of them.

Personally, I have a hard time believing anything said by a man who marries and soon thereafter deflowers a nine year old. But maybe that's just me.

Yea, that is a bit of a problem. Its quite amazing how the muslims are able to deceive themselves into believing some quite obvious BS. It started with their phrophet, and even up to today, guys like that minister of information for saddam when we overthrew them, these people are totally out of touch with reality, kinda reminds me of people like Dean, Pelosi and Kennedy.

Islam is much more than just a religion. It's a political philosophy and a way of life that permeates every aspect of a Muslims life. It's a male centered, male dominated "religion" that allows a Muslim man to do whatever he wants, to whoever he wants, anytime he wants, as long as he can say it's in defense of Islam. And everything is in defense of Islam.

Between the Koran and Hadiths, there is nothing that isn't covered. From praying 5 times a day, to how much tax a non-Muslim has to pay. It's all covered. And so is every exception. There is not a single rule in Islam that a Muslim has to follow if they simply don't want to. Four of the Five Pillars Of Islam have exceptions. The only one that doesn't is the Pillar that makes a Muslim a Muslim and they only have to say that one once.

Islam is a direct result of Christianity because Mohammed was a really smart guy. He was a con-man who saw this new religion called Christianity, and he figured that if so many people were stupid enough to believe that some dead guy rose from the grave, people would believe anything. And he was right.

So he came up the with story about the angel Gabriel. What a brilliant idea. Invent a religion that tells a man he can do anything he wants. Mohammed was a real genius.

Oh yea. I have heard that old "bumper sticker" mentality before. Uh, sorry to tell you this, but usually the losers in a battle or war also have many survivors. Its pretty rare that the winners completely annhialate completely the losers, hence, the losers also remain alive.

The winners of war usually have more survivors. I never said that winners completely annihilate the losers. Still, winners write the history books.

No they didnt. They took land and claimed that their God said that they could have it. .

It is the same principle. Okay. They did not have their Bible to throw into the face of the enemy but they still believed that God exists and gave them permission to take land. Read read carefully Deuteronomy 7: 1-5. That seems to have been pretty rough.

I hate to tell you this, but in those days, NOBODY needed an excuse for taking land. If you were powerful enough to do it, then thats all the excuse you needed.

So, according to you, was this notion that "might makes right" was okay? Does the same hold true today? Either way (God gave us permission or "might makes right") perhaps violent Muslims are applying the same principle.

such comparisions are quite the joke.

People and groups throughout history (Christians included) have used their interpretation of their Bible as a justification for many injustices. The comparison to events my Muslims is quite valid.

Hmmm, such the pessimist. WHile history is replete with many evil people and deeds, it is equally presented with men and women of great honor, heroics and of religions doing many great things of accomplishment. You should try reading some of them.

LOL. You are so presumptuous. I have read of the good accomplishments of religious people and organizations too. I've read about Mother Teresa of Calcutta, Muslim human rights activist Shirin Ebadi, and Jewish philanthropist Walter Annenberg Christian. I've read about Muslim Charities, Christian Charities and Jewish Charities. Perhaps the good and bad equal in degree but it still amazes me that religions that, in general, call for peace, tolerance, and understanding, can have such violent histories.

In turn, read carefully Deuteronomy 7: 1-5. That sounds really merciful and kind to me.

Now, let’s start bean counting. Throughout history, which team has killed more people: Muslims, Christians, or Jews? I think that they Muslims are ahead. They are probably up by 2000 unless we count intra-team killings. Remember the Catholics and Protestants in Great Britain that were at war with each other. Gee. I just don’t know.

I never claimed the Jews were merciful and kind to their enemies, and whether they were or not has absolutely no bearing on the behavior of Muslims.

Well, after my son's second brisk, my daughters thrid barmitzvha, and praying 5 times a day I have came to the conclusion that you all are repeating the same thing.

Well, after my son's second brisk, my daughters thrid barmitzvha, and praying 5 times a day I have came to the conclusion that you all are repeating the same thing.

second? brisk? (I'm to assume you had your son circumcised twice?) Barmitzvha?

I never claimed the Jews were merciful and kind to their enemies, and whether they were or not has absolutely no bearing on the behavior of Muslims.

Behavior is good or bad with respect to some standard measure. Practically everything is relative and warrants comparison. Do you expect perfection from Muslims? If so, it is only fair to expect perfection from Jews and Christians. The bad behavior of Jews does not legitimize the bad behavior of Muslims but it does provide a perspective and comparison.

A long time ago I shoplifted a 25-cent rock from a rock shop. Someone robbed a liquor store and assaulted a clerk in the process but I stoke a rock. Oh no! I am a terrible excuse for a human being. I am a despicable thief. The shame of it all.

I was only joking about the brisk/barmitvha thing. It was just a joke.

And as I read the first page of this topic It seemed that everyone was repeating the samething. So I really didn't mean to make that last post. My bad.

(I didn't know this tapic had 4 pages. My responds was for the first page.)

P.S. I am very bad at explaining things.

Behavior is good or bad with respect to some standard measure. Practically everything is relative and warrants comparison. Do you expect perfection from Muslims? If so, it is only fair to expect perfection from Jews and Christians. The bad behavior of Jews does not legitimize the bad behavior of Muslims but it does provide a perspective and comparison.

A long time ago I shoplifted a 25-cent rock from a rock shop. Someone robbed a liquor store and assaulted a clerk in the process but I stoke a rock. Oh no! I am a terrible excuse for a human being. I am a despicable thief. The shame of it all.

I was merely refuting your claim that the Muslims were not bad to the Jews, but I'll play your little comparison game. Back when the Jews cleansed the land of Canaan, that was the norm of the day, and they were a lot more merciful than anyone else. Relative to the morals of the day, the Jews were merciful and kind, even if they were also disobedient at times. On the other hand, the Muslims still perform honor killings and oppress their women.

Actually, that's another inaccuracy. Sephardic Jews traditionally resided in Muslim Countries and fared much better under Islam than did the Ashkenazi and Spanish Jews who lived under Christian rule. There were no pogroms under Islam, there was no Spanish Inquisition, no blood libel like those contained in the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion... no Holocaust.

Jews were certainly subservient under Islam, but they were safe for the most part... at least til modern times... and that had nothing to do with Mohammed.

So you were saying about excuses to kill Jews?
That's an interesting perspective, and not entirely innacurate (a good lie never is), but you completely avoided the issue raised.

The winners remain alive and are able to write the history books. And the Jews created the Bible as a power trip tool. They took land and claimed that their God said that they could have it. Read carefully the Old Testament about the Jews. Europeans have their “manifest destiny”. Mormons claim a big portion of Utah as their “promised land.” White skinheads interpret the Bible in ways to support their contention that they are the superior race.

This old “we versus them” mentality, taken with such extreme and tiresome rhetoric, really is depressing but all too common. All throughout history, it seems like the same old story of humanity. We take up sides, exaggerate our greatness and underexpose our grievous sins, exaggerate the other side’s sins and belittle the good that the other side do, and end up trying to destroy each other. From the myth of Cain and Able to today’s Islam and Christianity, there is nothing new under the sun.

I wasn't aware that the Jews created the Bible. I thought that was done by Christain Greeks.

But seriously, you skipped over the issue I raised.

My post discusses Islam's stated mission to kill infidels. Bringing up The Crusades (incorrectly) merely deflects the issue raised, since these were not the result of Biblical proclamations, but in fact to take back Christian lands from Muslim invaders.

I understood the post, was hoping for links, but that's ok.

Forum List

Back