The Incredible Shrinking Obama Deficit.

When either corrupt, big-spending, statist party starts actually reducing the DEBT, please wake me.

Democrats most always shrink the deficit and Republicans mostly grow it.
just saying it doesn't make it true.

In 2008 we had a half trillion dollar deficit.
In 2009 we had a 1.5 trillion dollar deficit.

Seems to me the deficit was higher when Obama was in office.

because 08 numbers don't go on the books until 09 ..
don't be an idiot.

The 08 numbers are reported in 09....but they are still the 08 numbers.

What are you.....like 3?

that's what you keep ignoring ... who was potus in 08 ?

lmao

Once again, for the slow of mind. From CATO, a libertarian organization. So hardly an Obama worshipping group. They have the integrity to put the blame where it belongs.

Don't Blame Obama for Bush's 2009 Deficit

The 2009 fiscal year began October 1, 2008, nearly four months before Obama took office. The budget for the entire fiscal year was largely set in place while Bush was in the White House.
2wdsx2e.jpg

It is an inescapable fact that the FY deficit has gone down EVERY SINGLE YEAR of Obama's Administration.

You cannot say that about Bush.

It is an inescapable fact the deficit went down EVERY SINGLE YEAR of Clinton's Administration. We also added 30 million jobs during that period.

You cannot say that about Bush. Not even close.

Its a FACT that your post is intentionally dishonest.

The idea that the President can affect the economy more than + or - 10%, based on what they do, is ridiculous.

I don't give Clinton any more credit for the prosperous economy of the mid 90's, than I give blame to Bush for the situation with the economy in 2008.

What I would love to hear...is EXACTLY why Obama is to blame, for EXACTLY what is wrong with the economy right now.

Let me share my diagnosis regarding one aspect of all that:

The American middle class is not always cost effective in the global employment marketplace, and have not adapted by preparing themselves for the higher paying opportunities in the global employment marketplace.

That's why the middle class in America is shrinking, because global competition is far stronger today, than it has been during any other recovery from almost predictably recurring recessions and recoveries...since WWII.

So....that's my starting point.

Please educate me about exactly why Obama is to blame for the declining deficit, and increasing debt....

.....and of course, as a bonus...is the Republican controlled congress to blame for any of it?

Now can we PLEASE stop playing stupid partisan hack games?

BOTH parties are big spending, big government parties. The debt line goes up and up and up NO MATTER WHICH PARTY IS IN POWER.

Wakey wakey!!!

the debt is the end result of total deficits... who won ?

lol
LMFAO......did you happen to read the article the chart came from? It pretty much says that the chart itself is meaningless and does not tell the true story.

What a fucking tool.

Bush increased deficits to a new world record.

If he did he was surpassed by Obama. As mentioned, recorded, and reported, Obama set 'Monthly', 'Annual', and 'Total' US Deficit-Spending records, often surpassing his own records, on the way to adding over $6 Trillion in new debt in only 4 years:

"Under Obama, the deficits set records, from $1.4 trillion in Fiscal 2009, to $1.3 trillion in Fiscal 2010 and Fiscal 2011, to $1.1 trillion in Fiscal 2012. Three years after his pledge, Obama told an Atlanta TV station, "Well, we're not there because this recession turned out to be a lot deeper than any of us realized.

Conservative Republicans, always painted by journalists as some sort of wild-eyed fiscal "kamikazes," helped set a downward trend, thanks to budget caps that deficit-cutting Obama now calls "mindless austerity." As Terry Jeffrey of CNSNews.com reported last summer, when Obama took office on January 20, 2009, the total federal debt stood at $10.62 trillion. By the close of business on July 31, 2014, it had risen to $17.68 trillion — up $7.06 trillion.

That is more than the debt increased under all U.S. presidents from George Washington through Bill Clinton combined, and it is more debt than was accumulated in the first 227 years of this nation's existence — from 1776 through 2003.
"

The idea that the President can affect the economy more than + or - 10%, based on what they do, is ridiculous.

Earlier, I posted a chart of combined public and private debt, and how that is what is strangling our economy.

The President and Congress are responsible for the public debt part of the equation, and so they have more than 10 percent responsibility for the health of the economy.

It is an inescapable fact that the FY deficit has gone down EVERY SINGLE YEAR of Obama's Administration.

It is an inescapable fact the deficit went down EVERY SINGLE YEAR of Clinton's Administration. We also added 30 million jobs during that period.

bullshit ... G is 100% correct.

Once again, for the slow of mind. From CATO, a libertarian organization. So hardly an Obama worshipping group. They have the integrity to put the blame where it belongs.

Don't Blame Obama for Bush's 2009 Deficit

The 2009 fiscal year began October 1, 2008, nearly four months before Obama took office. The budget for the entire fiscal year was largely set in place while Bush was in the White House.
2wdsx2e.jpg
Bush didn't spend it....Congress did.

Congress holds the purse.....but you know that.

Funny thing is......no matter how much Bush spent, Democraps in congress said at the time it wasn't enough. So spare me mutherfucker.....

$1.2 trillion in annual tax expenditures.

That is the biggest government giveaway program causing anemia in our economy. Nothing else comes even close. Not even social welfare programs. They add up to literally HALF that amount.

I didn't say it wasn't factually correct, I said it was intentionally dishonest go work in your reading comprehension.

Did you look at the chart? Like actually look at it?
yup.
It shows the deficit for 2008 at about half a trillion....deficit in 2009 at about 1.5 trillion and the deficit now at about a half a trillion.

Did you look at it? Like actually look at it?

So it's beneath where he started. You just stated it yourself. .5 trillion is less than 1.5 trillion.

You're smarter than this.
nice try. Not interested in playing your silly childish games.
His first year deficit was 3 times the previous years deficit....and now this years deficit is what it was the year before he took office.

Exactly what I was saying.

Games? Are you under the impression that he Obama controlled the 2009 number?

No the far left Congress was in control of that, the same Congress Obama had for two years!

Silly far left drones and their two year old mentality!

So are we talking about Obama or Congress? It's mighty convenient to be able to jump back and forth like that.

Democrats most always shrink the deficit and Republicans mostly grow it.
just saying it doesn't make it true.

In 2008 we had a half trillion dollar deficit.
In 2009 we had a 1.5 trillion dollar deficit.

Seems to me the deficit was higher when Obama was in office.

because 08 numbers don't go on the books until 09 ..
don't be an idiot.

The 08 numbers are reported in 09....but they are still the 08 numbers.

What are you.....like 3?

that's what you keep ignoring ... who was potus in 08 ?

lmao

Nice try child.

In 08 Bush's government ran at a half a trillion dollar deficit.
In early 09, Obama said he would cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term. So his claim was that by 2012, the government would be running at a deficit of a quarter trillion dollars.
That did not happen.

Now the government is running at a half a trillion dollar deficit again...as it was in 2008.

Yet for some reason, he has you sheeple believing he has cut the deficit dramatically as promised.

All he has done is cut HIS deficit which was 3 times the 2008 deficit in 2009.

I didn't say it wasn't factually correct, I said it was intentionally dishonest go work in your reading comprehension.

facts are dishonest?

seems to be the biggest part of your problem ..

yup.
It shows the deficit for 2008 at about half a trillion....deficit in 2009 at about 1.5 trillion and the deficit now at about a half a trillion.

Did you look at it? Like actually look at it?

So it's beneath where he started. You just stated it yourself. .5 trillion is less than 1.5 trillion.

You're smarter than this.
nice try. Not interested in playing your silly childish games.
His first year deficit was 3 times the previous years deficit....and now this years deficit is what it was the year before he took office.

Exactly what I was saying.

Games? Are you under the impression that he Obama controlled the 2009 number?

No the far left Congress was in control of that, the same Congress Obama had for two years!

Silly far left drones and their two year old mentality!

So are we talking about Obama or Congress? It's mighty convenient to be able to jump back and forth like that.
the inflated deficit of 2009 was not a result of the budget passed in 2008..
It was the result of the stimulus..a law passed in 2009

Earlier, I posted a chart of combined public and private debt, and how that is what is strangling our economy.

The President and Congress are responsible for the public debt part of the equation, and so they have more than 10 percent responsibility for the health of the economy.
Then EXACTLY what percentage of the public and private debt is congress responsible for, and what percentage of the public and private debt is Obama responsible for?

As a bonus...which is responsible for reducing public and private debt, from a procedural standpoint?

Forum List

Back