The Incredible Shrinking Obama Deficit.

It is an inescapable fact that the FY deficit has gone down EVERY SINGLE YEAR of Obama's Administration.

You cannot say that about Bush.

It is an inescapable fact the deficit went down EVERY SINGLE YEAR of Clinton's Administration. We also added 30 million jobs during that period.

You cannot say that about Bush. Not even close.

Its a FACT that your post is intentionally dishonest.

bullshit ... G is 100% correct.

I didn't say it wasn't factually correct, I said it was intentionally dishonest go work in your reading comprehension.

facts are dishonest?

seems to be the biggest part of your problem ..
do yourself a favor....go back to the article where you got that chart showing the presidents contribiutions to the debt.
Read it.

It will show you how simply citing facts can be dishonest because facts can portray a different story than the truth.

The facts must be taken into context.

You posted that chart....not realizing that it came from an article showing how "facts" can sometimes result in an untrue conclusion.

Read it.

The federal budget deficit fell this year to its lowest level since President Obama took office, his administration reported Thursday, a change propelled by an increase in tax receipts amid a strengthening economy.

The deficit was $439 billion in the 2015 fiscal year, $44 billion less than last year, the Treasury Department and the Office of Management and Budget said in a report. The shortfall represents 2.5 percent of the economy, the lowest share since 2007.

“Under the president’s leadership, the deficit has been cut by roughly three-quarters as a share of the economy since 2009 — the fastest sustained deficit reduction since just after World War II,” Treasury Secretary Jacob J. Lew said in a statement released with the figures. The deficit ballooned to $1.4 trillion in 2009, in part because of stimulus spending during the recession

the fastest sustained deficit reduction since just after World War II,

??????????????????

oh ...

It is an inescapable fact that the FY deficit has gone down EVERY SINGLE YEAR of Obama's Administration.

It is an inescapable fact the deficit went down EVERY SINGLE YEAR of Clinton's Administration. We also added 30 million jobs during that period.

I didn't say it wasn't factually correct, I said it was intentionally dishonest go work in your reading comprehension.

facts are dishonest?

do yourself a favor....go back to the article where you got that chart showing the presidents contribiutions to the debt.
Read it.

It will show you how simply citing facts can be dishonest because facts can portray a different story than the truth.

The facts must be taken into context.

You posted that chart....not realizing that it came from an article showing how "facts" can sometimes result in an untrue conclusion.

Read it.

The left already knows they are being dishonest, they don't care that's how the left rolls. They can't make an honest argument, the day that happens I'll probably faint from the shock.

facts are dishonest?

actually, taking facts and not applying the properly is a big problem. As you have done.

If I were to spend 100 dollars that I don't have......and the next week I spend 50 dollars I don't have. And my wife tells me I have a spending problem.....and I respond with "I spent half this week than I did last week"......I stated a fact that could put her mind at ease......but it was a dishonest fact because it did not address her concerns.

The federal budget deficit fell this year to its lowest level since President Obama took office, his administration reported Thursday, a change propelled by an increase in tax receipts amid a strengthening economy.

The deficit was $439 billion in the 2015 fiscal year, $44 billion less than last year, the Treasury Department and the Office of Management and Budget said in a report. The shortfall represents 2.5 percent of the economy, the lowest share since 2007.

“Under the president’s leadership, the deficit has been cut by roughly three-quarters as a share of the economy since 2009 — the fastest sustained deficit reduction since just after World War II,” Treasury Secretary Jacob J. Lew said in a statement released with the figures. The deficit ballooned to $1.4 trillion in 2009, in part because of stimulus spending during the recession

??????????????????

oh ...
READ WHAT THEY SAID IDIOT!!!!!!!

He decreased his OWN deficit from 2009 ......but that deficit was 3 times the deficit from the year before.

See how easily you are duped?

Unfortunately for you, I very rarely make a claim that I cannot back up.

See for yourself: A History of Surpluses and Deficits in the United States

Every fiscal year of the Clinton Administration, deficits went down.

Every fiscal year of the Obama Administration, deficits went down.

You cannot say that about Bush. Bush hit a world record deficit.

oh...and by the way folk.....Obama said he would cut the deficit in half by the end his first term. It took him 7 years to bring the deficit BACK to where it was the year before he took office.

Another broken promise.

But I find it funny how the democrats have you sheeple thinking he met his promise.

What was the deficit when he said that?
the deficit the year before he took office was a half a trillion.
The deficit now is a half a trillion.

Seems to me he did not cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term as he promised.

To the contrary, every year he was in office from 2009 to 2013 the deficit was greater....sometimes 3 times greater than the deficit was the year he took office.

But for some reason, folks like you seem to believe that he cut the deficit as promised.

President Bush did not leave office until 2009. His administrations policies are largely to blame for the trillion dollar deficit inherited by President Obama.

??????????????????

oh ...

He decreased his OWN deficit from 2009 ......but that deficit was 3 times the deficit from the year before.

Why do you keep insisting the 2009 deficit is Obama's in the face of all reality and the evidence which has been provided?

This is a most bizarre willful denial on your part.

facts are dishonest?

actually, taking facts and not applying the properly is a big problem. As you have done.

If I were to spend 100 dollars that I don't have......and the next week I spend 50 dollars I don't have. And my wife tells me I have a spending problem.....and I respond with "I spent half this week than I did last week"......I stated a fact that could put her mind at ease......but it was a dishonest fact because it did not address her concerns.

You are the one being dishonest or else willfully stupid and innumerate.

If you spend 40 dollars extra the following week, and 30 dollars extra the week after that, and 20 dollars extra the week after that, your wife would see an encouraging trend.

And that is what we see with Clinton and Obama. BOTH decreased deficits EVERY YEAR of their Administrations.

You can't say that about Bush. He hit a record deficit in FY2009.

It's amazing how hard some innumerate rubes hang onto their delusion that overspending is exclusively a Democratic problem.

Someone wrote first onto their little blank slate minds that told them this, and they cannot break out of this horribly mistaken delusion.

Weird.

The desire to believe is one of the strongest pathologies out there. I've seen it manifest itself in myriad ways. Believers in psychics and mediums, believers in 9/11 conspiracies, birthers, the list is quite long. No amount of evidence in front of their face ever dissuades someone who simply wants to believe.

Last edited:

You can't back up dishonesty, it wasn't even clever the dishonesty was that blatant.

??????????????????

oh ...

the 09 deficit was not all his responsibility ... you said yourself the 08 numbers show up on the 09 books ... were you lying?

dupe

you guys are impressed that he

facts are dishonest?

If you spend 40 dollars extra the following week, and 30 dollars extra the week after that, and 20 dollars extra the week after that, your wife would see an encouraging trend.

And that is what we see with Clinton and Obama. BOTH decreased deficits EVERY YEAR of their Administrations.

that is correct. I am not saying there is not a trend downward. I was responding to those that touted how he kept his word that he would cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term.

Furthermore, his first deficit was nearly 3 times the deficit of the year before. The fact that he has brought that deficit back to what it was the year before he took office is by no means nothing to brag about. It is simply saying "yeah, I fucked up, but I have matured and now I am no worse than the man before me.

But as the article admits.....it is not that we are spending less. It is that we are paying more in taxes. Not rocket science to cut a deficit by simply raising taxes. Doesn't take great leadership to do that.

A great leader would find a way to cut the deficit without having to impose higher taxes.

You can't back up dishonesty, it wasn't even clever the dishonesty was that blatant.
Sorry, you can't just say, "Nuh uh!' in the face of cold hard facts. It doesn't work that way, rube.

I stated the truth, and you can't face it. It shatters your belief system. It's a tough pill to swallow, and you'd rather just spit it out. I understand.

facts are dishonest?

Look its not rocket science, your clown Obama has racked up more debt than any president in history FACT! This destroys the intentionally dishonest narrative you are trying to spin by leaving out context and only telling half the story. The more details and context that are added the more dishonest your post becomes which is why you left them out.

We need to get some smarter libs around here this wasn't even approaching clever.

??????????????????

oh ...

the 09 deficit was not all his responsibility ... you said yourself the 08 numbers show up on the 09 books ... were you lying?

dupe
I did not say they show up on the 09 book you child.

I said the numbers are reported in 09....but they are on the 08 books.

Do you know anything about accounting?

When you file your 2014 tax return in April of 2015....they are still your 2014 taxes. ANd 10 years later, if you were to look at them, they would still be your 2014 taxes....even though they did not become record...and reported....until 2015.

Grow up.

you guys are impressed that he

facts are dishonest?

that is correct. I am not saying there is not a trend downward. I was responding to those that touted how he kept his word that he would cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term.

Which he did. We went from Bush's $1.4 trillion deficit to a $680 billion deficit four years later.

Furthermore, his first deficit was nearly 3 times the deficit of the year before.

Nope. You are simply lying in the face of indisputable facts now. I can't help you. You are deep in birtheresque ODS territory now.

Until you admit to yourself the FY2009 deficit was Bush's deficit, no one will be able to help you, and will be just wasting their time with you.

Sorry, you can't just say, "Nuh uh!' in the face of cold hard facts. It doesn't work that way, rube.

I stated the truth, and you can't face it. It shatters your belief system. It's a tough pill to swallow, and you'd rather just spit it out. I understand.

Stop wasting my time with this nonsense your post is dishonest and it was intentional, its blatantly obvious. I'm stunned you would think anyone would take your post at face value, I dunno maybe you are just trolling that would explain a lot.

Forum List

Back