The hunters becoming the hunted, nail the AGW cult to the wall.

EnviroMarxists won't rest until then destroy the US economy.

If they actually gave a single fuck about the environment they'd protest China and India for being the biggest generators of CO2 and not because a gnat's fart worth of additional CO2 will change Earth's climate, but because that's the honest and logical course of action given their "DEATH TO THE DENIER WE HAVE CONSENSUS!!! Jihadist approach to the topic.

People concerned about global warming are working to get China, India and all the rest of the world's industrialized nations to reduce their CO2 emissions. That's what those big meetings, at Kyoto and Copenhagen and Cancun and Paris are all about Frank. And China and India attend those meetings and they sign those agreements Frank.

When we hear you and your denier brethren insist that we must stop China and India before we should address US emissions or that if we do not declare war on China and India over this issue it means CO2 reduction isn't our actual goal - it is obvious to everyone that you're ignorant and that you're full of shit. As Americans, our FIRST responsibility is to push America in the direction we want it to move. Our next is to work on the rest of the world. You've got to get it out of your head that we rule the world, Frank, or that people of other countries care much at all about what you and I think. They used - at least a lot more than they do now - and guess why they don't any longer? Folks like you. America has become stupider and more self-centered than we used to be. Where do Americans score on intelligence comparisons with other countries around the world? Twenty-first? Thirty-seventh? The average American is right up there with a rice farmer in Malaysia. But where does education rate in the priority scale of most conservatives? Somewhere between Canadian lumber tariffs and dress codes for Congressional pages.

Also, China just destroyed billions of square miles of coral (I can exaggerate like the AGWCult too) in the South China Sea to construct a military base, did you hear a single peep from the Death to America EnviroMarsixts about that man-killed coral?

I'm glad you noticed. I saw plenty of discussion of that point, but - you know - I'd be real surprised if you and I read the same material Frank.

Lying fucking Moonbat. Obama gave China 30 fucking years to then think about lowering their carbon footprint

You fool no one you Commie Halfwit

EnviroMarxists won't rest until then destroy the US economy.

If they actually gave a single fuck about the environment they'd protest China and India for being the biggest generators of CO2 and not because a gnat's fart worth of additional CO2 will change Earth's climate, but because that's the honest and logical course of action given their "DEATH TO THE DENIER WE HAVE CONSENSUS!!! Jihadist approach to the topic.

People concerned about global warming are working to get China, India and all the rest of the world's industrialized nations to reduce their CO2 emissions. That's what those big meetings, at Kyoto and Copenhagen and Cancun and Paris are all about Frank. And China and India attend those meetings and they sign those agreements Frank.

When we hear you and your denier brethren insist that we must stop China and India before we should address US emissions or that if we do not declare war on China and India over this issue it means CO2 reduction isn't our actual goal - it is obvious to everyone that you're ignorant and that you're full of shit. As Americans, our FIRST responsibility is to push America in the direction we want it to move. Our next is to work on the rest of the world. You've got to get it out of your head that we rule the world, Frank, or that people of other countries care much at all about what you and I think. They used - at least a lot more than they do now - and guess why they don't any longer? Folks like you. America has become stupider and more self-centered than we used to be. Where do Americans score on intelligence comparisons with other countries around the world? Twenty-first? Thirty-seventh? The average American is right up there with a rice farmer in Malaysia. But where does education rate in the priority scale of most conservatives? Somewhere between Canadian lumber tariffs and dress codes for Congressional pages.

Also, China just destroyed billions of square miles of coral (I can exaggerate like the AGWCult too) in the South China Sea to construct a military base, did you hear a single peep from the Death to America EnviroMarsixts about that man-killed coral?

I'm glad you noticed. I saw plenty of discussion of that point, but - you know - I'd be real surprised if you and I read the same material Frank.

Crick just get off the fucking Internet if you're serious about lowering your carbon footprint

It's time to disband the House Science Committee, being how it's now openly dedicated to anti-science and misinformation.

Of course, the Stalinist deniers here like that. They fully support TheParty performing Stalinist inquisitions of Climate Scientists, and trying to send them to TheGulag. Stalinism in deniers runs deep.

The Government and now the Scientists are attacking those who disagree, it is a real War. $36 Trillion dollars is to be spent on Green Clean Sustainable Renewable Energy, which is the solution to AGW.

$36 Trillion dollars, people will kill for that kind of money.
Or at least lie through their teeth.

What emails, Billy?

Who is this "Shukla" person, and why should we care? Is he your new bogeyman? Does he have as much power as Dread Lord Ottmar or Dread Lord Soros?

I saw a Billy Boy Shukla email for about one second, then it disappeared. Moderator pull it on you Billy? Change your mind? Let's see what Google can do with "Shukla emails"

Ah! CEI vs the "Rico-20", as Mr Watts seems to have named them.

If someone is going to lecture academics to stay out of politics, I think someone needs to repeat the warning to non-profits, like CEI.

Last edited:
What emails Billy Boy?
Shukla’s Emails Tell a Very Different Story About How NY AG’s RICO Campaign Started Off

Read the comment section.. many of the emails are displayed in it

Why am I not surprised we're talking about a WUWT article.

Are you people under the impression that this will stop the RICO investigation? Do you think these professors and AGs have done something illegal? That they will withdraw from this issue?

And when will you people stop mischaracterizing this as an assault on people such as yourself? Or have you been taking funds to do such a wonderful job of debating and proselytizing?

We see, as usual, you haven't the slightest idea what's going on here.

And hell, I just read it myself. Should we give you a few hours to catch up?

I hope they put Michael Mann's hockey stick graph on trial .....
A civil suit, at the least, but the information about the hockey stick may not make it.

Michael Mann is suing a talk show host for defamation, it is tied up in the courts. From what I understand Michael Mann is now trying to get out of it, but can not. I guess there is a counter-suit. It appears that the "scientist" really messed up and is now doing all he can to keep it delayed and prevent the trial.

I bet you Schneiderman is calling Hillary right now and wants to know how to get rid of 1,000s of emails

Lol...

Some of the emails released last week are damning.. Collusion of the worst kind between left wing activists, judges, and attorney generals.. This looks like a whole list of judges will be removed and potentially a whole lot of AG's too boot. The thing that caught me off guard was the judges involved who are acting as activists .. You want a RICO case, here it is...
More smelly lies from Silly Billy's ass.

Then, dumb fuck, they will have to have several differant trials in several different nations. You see, over a dozen separate investigations using several different methods and different scientists have also produced hockey stick graphs.

Attacks on hockey stick graph tracked to those whose interests are threatened

Saturday 7 March 2015 12:27PM (view full episode)
IMAGE: THE SO-CALLED HOCKEY STICK TEMPERATURE GRAPH FROM THE SUMMARY FOR POLICY MAKERS 2001 IPCC 3RD ASSESSMENT REPORT (IPCC)LINK TO LARGER IMAGE.
The hockey stick graph shows northern hemisphere temperature beginning to rise coinciding with the industrial revolution. The graph became an icon in the climate change debate shortly after 2000. The graph was attacked. Since then, there have been close to a dozen reports and investigations all showing the results stand up. Meanwhile temperatures continue to rise and the evidence for its cause becomes stronger. Michael Mann describes the challenge posed by personal attacks on scientists doing their work. He says it has been shown that those whose interests are fossil fuels are funding front groups to attack scientists, discredit the science of climate change, and discredit the solution which is clean renewable energy.

Then, dumb fuck, they will have to have several differant trials in several different nations. You see, over a dozen separate investigations using several different methods and different scientists have also produced hockey stick graphs.

You are going to call him a, "dumb fuck"? You cannot even spell, Old Crock!

A civil suit, at the least, but the information about the hockey stick may not make it.

Michael Mann is suing a talk show host for defamation, it is tied up in the courts. From what I understand Michael Mann is now trying to get out of it, but can not. I guess there is a counter-suit. It appears that the "scientist" really messed up and is now doing all he can to keep it delayed and prevent the trial.

Mark Steyn and the National Review? You've got that fucked up as usual. Steyn and the Review are the ones trying to get their asses out the process and with NO LUCK.

Mark Steyn and the National Review? You've got that fucked up as usual. Steyn and the Review are the ones trying to get their asses out the process and with NO LUCK.
You make my day, it is fun showing that you are always wrong.

No, the National Review seeks to have the lawsuit thrown out of court.
Mark Steyn countered sued Dr. Mann, and has not sought to get the lawsuit thrown out.

Mann vs Steyn: The State of Play

Mann vs Steyn: The State of Play
by Mark Steyn
June 8, 2015

1327.jpg

The new climatological bestseller featuring Mark and some of the world's most eminent scientists. In the latest issue of Australia'sQuadrant, Matt Ridley calls it "a fascinating new book".

Some readers have asked for an update on the looming Mann vs Steyn trial of the century. I wish it were looming a bit more imminently, but apparently it would be unreasonable to expect the sclerotic District of Columbia courts to litigate a 270-word blog post in under 270 weeks.

As you know, Michael E Mann, the inventor of the global-warming "hockey stick", the single most influential graphic in the history of climate alarmism, sued me for defamation for calling his ever more flaccid stick "fraudulent". I had called it fraudulent in national publications in Britain, Canada and Australia at various times over the last 15 years, but the First Amendment apparently requires giving up five years in court and a seven-figure sum for the privilege of learning whether one can say the same thing in the United States. And, by the way, it is fraudulent: It abolished the very concept of "natural variability" and insisted that nothing happened in the global climate until the 20th century, and it did so using a handful of unreliable tree-rings processed through a statistical method fished out of a can of alphabet soup.

Right now, the case is stalled while the DC Court of Appeals decides whether their brand new anti-SLAPP law comes with a right of interlocutory appeal. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. But as of now no one knows. I can't tell you how thrilled I am to find that I'm a test case. At any rate, written briefs were filed last September and there was half-an-hour of oral argument in November, but apparently after seven months the judges are still no hurry to issue an opinion.

When their Lordships - or whatever you call 'em here - have settled that piece of fascinating legalistic folderol, we'll go back to the trial court to see what the second trial judge (that's another long story) makes of things. I'm bored with this, and said long ago that my wish is to go to trial as soon as possible, as it's the fastest way to wrap it all up. That's why I answered Michael Mann's discovery requests of me over a year ago, since when he has declined to reciprocate and answer my discovery requests of him. As he put it:

While Dr. Mann agrees with Mr. Steyn that discovery should move forward on Dr. Mann's claims, discovery cannot move forward on Mr. Steyn's counterclaims.

Ah right. Funny how that works. Judge Weisberg professed to find it all a wee bit ironic:

Plaintiff opposes the motion to stay discovery and argues that, at a minimum, the court should permit him to proceed with discovery against Defendant Steyn... Beyond that, Plaintiff takes the ironic – albeit legally correct – position that he should be able to proceed with discovery against Steyn, but Steyn should be precluded from taking discovery on his counterclaim because Plaintiff's anti-SLAPP special motion to dismiss the counterclaim triggers an automatic statutory stay.

Whatever. There are times when I wish I had the same kind of co-defendants I had in my free-speech wars in Canada:Maclean's, unlike National Review, is a dentist's waiting-room mag not an ideological mission, but they and I were as one in our fight not just against the Canadian Islamic Congress but against the now repealed Section 13. By contrast,National Review, for whom I wrote for a decade and a half, are offering the curious and fainthearted defense that they were never my publisher but merely an "interactive computer service provider" to which I had the access code (see page 49 of their most recent brief). They're a court filing or two from claiming they're Lufthansa and I'm Andreas Lubitz - just some crazy guy who locked himself in the NR cockpit.

Oh, well. For all that, I've never felt more optimistic about how this case is going. If there is a "97 per cent consensus" on the science, all 97 per cent decided to steer well clear of Michael E Mann: Last fall, not a single amicus brief was filed on his behalf, not one. He claims he's "taking a stand for science", but evidently science is disinclined to take a stand for him.

On the other hand, and somewhat to my surprise, the American Civil Liberties Union, the Reporters Committee for Press Freedom, the American Society of News Editors, the Association of American Publishers, the Association of Alternative Newsmedia (The Village Voice et al), NBC Universal, Bloomberg News, the publishers of USA Today,Time, The Washington Post, The Chicago Tribune, The Los Angeles Times, The Detroit Free Press, The Seattle Times, The Arizona Republic and The Bergen County Record have all filed amici briefs against his attempted shredding of the First Amendment. They're in no way fans of mine, but they recognize that this is the most consequential free-speech case before the US courts since New York Times vs Sullivan, and if Mann wins it would be a catastrophic defeat for the First Amendment. That said, on global warming and "climate change", they largely agree with him. But I've also been heartened to learn how many scientists across the spectrum want nothing to do with Mann (scroll down here), and regard a defeat for him in court as a victory for genuine science.

Contrary to belief in some quarters, I'm not without legal representation - although I do reserve the right to conduct the deposition of Mann myself, if only because it will make for a better scene in the movie. Rather, my legal team is headed by Dan Kornstein, the driving force behind the most important free-speech legislation this century. We're preparing for the end of this ridiculous sideshow about anti-SLAPP interlocutory-appeal mumbo-jumbo, at which point we'll press for a trial as soon as possible, and Michael E Mann can defend his hockey stick on the witness stand.

I won't deny that there aren't days when I wish I didn't have my head in some interminable brief and could be working on my next book, or album, or on the lam holed up in a Swiss clinic awaiting the removal of my facial-construction bandages and the delivery of my new Azerbaijani passport. But the moment passes, and I can assure you I'll see this thing through - and I'll win.

I've explained before why, in the malodorous climate presently prevailing in the federal bureaucracy, I have chosen not to set up a 501(c)3 or 501(c)4 or 501(c)87 for a legal defense fund. So we're instead trying to get through this with what I like to think of as a legal offense fund. Our main vehicle is the SteynOnline gift certificate, which we previously offered only during the Christmas season. It's an easy way to help support my pushback against Mann without filling your basement up with copies of my disco CD (although they do make very good attic insulation). Instead, you can buy a gift certificate for yourself (starting at $25 and going way up beyond). If you want to give us the "full legal bang for the buck" (as one reader puts it), that's great. If you want to redeem part of it for a book and let SteynOnline have the rest, that's also fine. If you want to hold on to it and load up with Christmas presents this December, that works, too. The gift certificates have no expiration date, so if, in ten years' time, you have a sudden burning desire for $100 worth of Steyn vs the Stick souvenir mugs, you'll still be able to load up.

The gift certificates are available online here, or, alternatively, US and Canadian customers can make a telephone purchase by calling 1-866-799-4500 toll free from 8am to 3pm Eastern time on weekdays. We also take checks (or cheques) drawn on US, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand and British banks - and in euros. Please make them payable to SteynOnline and mail to Box 30, Woodsville, NH 03785, United States of America.

If you'd rather support this free-speech battle by buying a book or T-shirt, well, the SteynOnline store is the one-stop shop for all your Mark Steyn needs. We have the brand-new must-read Climate Change: The Facts, featuring me, James Delingpole, Jo Nova, Andrew Bolt and a bunch of crucial scientific heavyweights including Ian Plimer, Willie Soon and Richard Lindzen. I'm more than happy to autograph it for you.

We also took your advice, and introduced two exclusive trial-merchandise designs, "Steyn vs the Stick" and "Clash of Sticks", that are now available both as T-shirts and sweat shirts (for men and women) and on mousepads and coffee mugs. We're also making it available with my book Lights Out in a Steyn vs the Stick Free Speech Special.

As we approach the third anniversary of my blog post, I'm enormously grateful to all the support from around the world. From New York and Toronto to the Falklands and Vanuatu, SteynOnline readers across the planet have kept me in the game through these last 18 months. As I said, a victory for Mann would be the worst setback for free speech in this country for 50 years - and a setback for science, too. I'll have more to say about that in Washington later this week. But there's a lot at stake here - and that's why I'm playing to win.

Oh my, the fruitloops are at it again. All them thar pointy headed librul scientists in every country in the world are in on a vast left wing conspiracy to lie to all of us. Yessiree.... Bob!

You know rocks....appeal to ridicule is an even more juvenile logical fallacy than appeal to authority....interesting that you can't see the problem here and instead attempt to joke it away....ironic since you seem to be the joke...

Saturday 7 March 2015 12:27PM (view full episode)
IMAGE: THE SO-CALLED HOCKEY STICK TEMPERATURE GRAPH FROM THE SUMMARY FOR POLICY MAKERS 2001 IPCC 3RD ASSESSMENT REPORT (IPCC)LINK TO LARGER IMAGE.
The hockey stick graph shows northern hemisphere temperature beginning to rise coinciding with the industrial revolution. The graph became an icon in the climate change debate shortly after 2000. The graph was attacked. Since then, there have been close to a dozen reports and investigations all showing the results stand up. Meanwhile temperatures continue to rise and the evidence for its cause becomes stronger. Michael Mann describes the challenge posed by personal attacks on scientists doing their work. He says it has been shown that those whose interests are fossil fuels are funding front groups to attack scientists, discredit the science of climate change, and discredit the solution which is clean renewable energy.

Hey learn how to spell genius before you try to flame me, lol

I could take that bitch Mann on myself with his fake ass bullshit hockey stick graph. ...

Forum List

Back