The History behind Normalizing Homosexuality...

Oddly...the states with the lowest age of consent laws are the least likely to have marriage equality...

That "Fagtopia", California is 18 while Alabama is 16. How interesting...

Even MORE interesting, in Texas the age of consent for marriage (with parental permission) is 14. Are they fucking kidding? 14?!?!?
Texas is an odd place. Our age of consent here is 17 bit even that isa greyarea.

Odd? 14! I have a 14 year old son and I know what he and his friends are like. OMFG...14?!? Jesus, Rick Oops Perry...that's what you need to work on, not spending taxpayer funds on voodoo "conversion" therapy. Fuck.

he is just trying to win over the religious right screwballs. They aren't even conservative.

Lol [MENTION=18755]mal[/MENTION] for dredging up failed talking points after getting Butt raped on failed talking points.

The kook, btw, who wrote this OP ed also believes that psychiatry isn't a science and that psychotherapy is a scam.

^Prime example of a Person with a Mental Disorder... Just look at his profile.

:)

peace...

You haven't figured out by now that Mal is far from rational?
The whole "The Apa hid everything that would prove my argument because they were taken over by some cloak and dagger bullshit homosexual conspiracy" claim provedthat beyond all doubt.

Not only have laws been getting stricter, the age of consent has done nothing but gone UP in this country.
You see the slippery slope fallacy is the only thing that some people have to stand on.

Where's the APA link to their data prior to and including the reversal in 1973?

You can't find it... Fuck you. :thup:

peace...

Ah the slippery slope fallacy. It isn't very rational to believe that, the laws have been getting stricter on child molesters as they have laxed on homosexuality.

Not only have laws been getting stricter, the age of consent has done nothing but gone UP in this country. Personally, I'd support an across the board Federal age of consent law set at 18...with Romeo and Juliet exemptions. (or Romeo and Romeo, Juliet and Juliet, of course)

I was only Quoting Members of the APA and their Sympathies and Arguments FOR Adult/Child Sex...

As for the Homosexual/Pedophile Movement's History...

It's Documented.

peace...

^Conveniently Ignored... Instead the Sock and Kilt #2 decide to go on about how what they think Age of Consent should be.

The Homosexual/Pedophile Rights Movement is Documented...

And to this day APA Members are still Advocating for Adult/Child Sex.

Say "Rick Perry" all you want, I don't Associate with Pedophiles or Pedophile Sympathizers. :thup:

peace...

What reversal? They decided to make it a mental disorder in1952. after two decades of that assumption they couldn't prove any pathology.

What's the pathology? What makes you think it skills still be considered a mental disorder? 2 decades of digging for pathology yet not finding it?

Can't find what? Data saying there isno pathology? See the link to UCDavis.

Not only have laws been getting stricter, the age of consent has done nothing but gone UP in this country. Personally, I'd support an across the board Federal age of consent law set at 18...with Romeo and Juliet exemptions. (or Romeo and Romeo, Juliet and Juliet, of course)

I was only Quoting Members of the APA and their Sympathies and Arguments FOR Adult/Child Sex...

It's Documented.

peace...

^Conveniently Ignored... Instead the Sock and Kilt #2 decide to go on about how what they think Age of Consent should be.

Say "Rick Perry" all you want, I don't Associate with Pedophiles or Pedophile Sympathizers. :thup:

peace...
Your points aren't backed up by anything.

What reversal? They decided to make it a mental disorder in1952. after two decades of that assumption they couldn't prove any pathology.

What's the pathology? What makes you think it skills still be considered a mental disorder? 2 decades of digging for pathology yet not finding it?

Can't find what? Data saying there isno pathology? See the link to UCDavis.

From the APA... The People who made the call.

You can't find their Data Justifying the Mental Disorder Qualification prior to and you can't find the Data Justifying Reversing it.

From the APA.

The link to the APA Data in your Link is not Functional as I have already Illustrated.

UC Davis "concluding" something based on not Data means shit to me. :thup:

peace...

Lol [MENTION=18755]mal[/MENTION] for dredging up failed talking points after getting Butt raped on failed talking points.

The kook, btw, who wrote this OP ed also believes that psychiatry isn't a science and that psychotherapy is a scam.

^Prime example of a Person with a Mental Disorder... Just look at his profile.
I don't see any pathology. So not sure where you come up with this mental disorder business.

It's Documented.

peace...

peace...

I believe at least some are in the OP of this Thread...

Let's go do some bumping. :thup:

peace...

Homosexuality: The Mental Illness That Went AwayAn alternative perspective on mental disorders | PHILIP HICKEY, PH.D.

According to the American Psychiatric Association, until 1974 homosexuality was a mental illness. Freud had alluded to homosexuality numerous times in his writings, and had concluded that paranoia and homosexuality were inseparable. Other psychiatrists wrote copiously on the subject, and homosexuality was “treated” on a wide basis. There was little or no suggestion within the psychiatric community that homosexuality might be conceptualized as anything other than a mental illness that needed to be treated. And, of course, homosexuality was listed as a mental illness in DSM-II.

Then in 1970 gay activists protested against the APA convention in San Francisco. These scenes were repeated in 1971, and as people came out of the “closet” and felt empowered politically and socially, the APA directorate became increasingly uncomfortable with their stance. In 1973 the APA’s nomenclature task force recommended that homosexuality be declared normal. The trustees were not prepared to go that far, but they did vote to remove homosexuality from the list of mental illnesses by a vote of 13 to 0, with 2 abstentions. This decision was confirmed by a vote of the APA membership, and homosexuality was no longer listed in the seventh edition of DSM-II, which was issued in 1974.

What’s noteworthy about this is that the removal of homosexuality from the list of mental illnesses was not triggered by some scientific breakthrough. There was no new fact or set of facts that stimulated this major change. Rather, it was the simple reality that gay people started to kick up a fuss. They gained a voice and began to make themselves heard. And the APA reacted with truly astonishing speed. And with good reason. They realized intuitively that a protracted battle would have drawn increasing attention to the spurious nature of their entire taxonomy. So they quickly “cut loose” the gay community and forestalled any radical scrutiny of the DSM system generally.

Also noteworthy is the fact that the vote of the membership was by no means unanimous. Only about 55% of the members who voted favored the change.

Of course, the APA put the best spin they could on these events. The fact is that they altered their taxonomy because of intense pressure from the gay community, but they claimed that the change was prompted by research findings.

So all the people who had this terrible “illness” were “cured” overnight – by a vote!

Read MOAR!:

Mental Health Diagnoses Decided by Vote, Not Discovery

And if you don't Believe this Doctor's Claims about the Protests, would you Believe Gays themselves?...

"The May 1971 Scene: A Bad Time for a Conference in Washington DC
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) held its annual convention in Washington DC during the first week of May 1971, amidst the turmoil and congestion of the MayDay antiwar demonstrations and at a time when the Gay MayDay contingent in those demonstrations had drawn large numbers of gay men and lesbians to the city. The convention was held at the Shoreham Hotel which backed up on Rock Creek Park. The scene in the city was chaotic: protestors, estimated at more than 10,000, (the remnants of an initial contingent of nearly 50,000) had spent the mornings of Monday May 3rd and Tuesday May 4th disrupting traffic, blocking roads and bridges, and trying to bring the normal business of government to a halt in protest against the Vietnam War. An even larger federal force, some 13,000, of soldiers (Marines and US Army), National Guardsmen, and police fought off the protestors. More than 10,000 were arrested. Tear gas and smoke were in the air in downtown Washington DC. The streets around the APA convention were patrolled

Following disruption by gay activists at the 1970 convention in San Francisco, the APA offered a conference panel discussion to be organized by Dr. Kameny, who invited Barbara Gittings, Jack Baker and others to participate in a discussion entitled "Lifestyles of Nonpatient Homosexuals", which ensured the panelists admittance to all of the convention's activities including the annual Convocation of Fellows."

1971: Zapping the APA Convention

The best part about this History is that at this time Gay Organizations were Directly in Line with and Marching with NAMBLA... Fact not Fiction.

It wasn't until 1994 that the Gay Community was finally "outed" regarding their Ties to NAMBLA when the ILGA was removed from the World Conference on Population and Disease for it.

Since that year, they have been Smart enough to Avoid their old Friends...

But not always:

University of Minnesota Press book challenges anxiety about pedophilia

Mark O'Keefe Newhouse News Service
Published Mar 26, 2002

Source: StarTribune.com: News, weather, sports from Minneapolis, St. Paul and Minnesota (Link has since been Purged by the Star... Of course... But I have the entire thing here)

Sex between adults and children has been a societal taboo so strong that it's considered one of our few unquestioned moral principles. But arguments have emerged in academic journals, books and online that at least some such sex should be acceptable, especially when children consent to it...

With more research, some scholars say, it may be only a matter of time before modern society accepts adult-child sex, just as it has learned to accept premarital sex and homosexual sex.

"Children are the last bastion of the old sexual morality," wrote one of the trailblazers for this view, Harris Mirkin, an associate professor of political science at the University of Missouri-Kansas City...

Mirkin, whose academic specialty is the politics of sex, wrote in a 1999 article published in The Journal of Homosexuality that society perceives youths as seduced, abused victims and not "partners or initiators or willing participants" in sex with adults, "even if they are hustlers."

In an interview, Mirkin said the outrage surrounding the Roman Catholic Church's pedophilia scandal illustrates how the public views acts of intergenerational contact as "one big blur" of child abuse when it's likely "very, very mild stuff."

"We say if someone touches or molests or diddles or whatever a kid it will ruin the rest of their life. I don't believe it. I think kids are more likely to laugh at it more than anything else -- unless the whole culture says this is the most horrible thing that can happen to you."

Mirkin is not alone in questioning whether children are harmed by sexual contact with adults. The March 2002 American Psychologist devotes its entire issue to the ongoing fallout of a journal article that did just that.

The piece, in the July 1998 issue of Psychological Bulletin, was written by Bruce Rind, then an assistant professor of psychology at Temple University; Robert Bauserman, a lecturer then with the department of psychology at the University of Michigan; and Philip Tromovitch, then pursuing a doctorate at the University of Pennsylvania.

The trio reviewed 59 studies of college students who, as children, had sexual interaction with significantly older people or were coerced into sexual activity with someone of their own age. They concluded that negative effects "were neither pervasive nor typically intense, and that men reacted much less negatively than women." It recommended that a child's "willing encounter with positive reactions" be called "adult-child sex" instead of "abuse."

A soon-to-be-released book, "Harmful to Minors: The Perils of Protecting Children From Sex," is being advertised by its publisher, University of Minnesota Press, as challenging widespread anxieties about pedophilia.

In an interview, the book's author, journalist Judith Levine, praised the Rind study as evidence that "doesn't line up with the ideology that it's always harmful for kids to have sexual relationships with adults."

She said the pedophilia among Roman Catholic priests is complicated to analyze, because it's almost always secret, considered forbidden and involves an authority figure.

She added, however, that, "yes, conceivably, absolutely" a boy's sexual experience with a priest could be positive."...

You can read MOAR at the link under the headline. :thup:

Of course I will be Attacked for Observing what is... But what I have Posted is 100% True.

And if you Doubt for a Minute that the Pedo's are the Gays of the 50's and 60's right now to the Gay Community, then you are kidding yourselves.

The ONLY Reason most of them Distances themselves from NAMBLA and the others is because they got Caught and it Harmed their own Agenda.

History is what it is... If you want to be Angry about History then so be it.

I'm just an Observer. :thup:

peace...

Yep... Both the Psychologists who say Adult/Child Sex isn't all bad and the Gays/Pedophiles Alliances are right there.

You are about to Lose my Interest Sock.

peace...

You can't find their Data Justifying the Mental Disorder Qualification prior to and you can't find the Data Justifying Reversing it.
I did find their data and I linked it.

From the APA.

The link to the APA Data in your Link is not Functional as I have already Illustrated.

It is data. That info in the article was taken directly from the APA.

There is nothing supporting your claims what so ever. You can'tname any pathology, you can't prove anything. You went so far as to fabricate a conspiracy theory to explain yourlack ofinfo.

Do you even know what a mental disorder is?

peace...

I believe at least some are in the OP of this Thread...

Let's go do some bumping. :thup:
You believe there isa conspiracy of gaysthat took over the APA in order to... Lord knows what.

You are making up all this convoluted web of stuff that you are demanding I simply accept.

Your beliefs depend on a conspiracy theory. Mine, well homosexualityisn't amental disorder because there is no pathology.

You have utterly failed and completely dodged the question. "where is the pathology?"

Yep... Both the Psychologists who say Adult/Child Sex isn't all bad and the Gays/Pedophiles Alliances are right there.
So what?

This has nothing to do with the lack of pathology regarding homosexuality.

So what?

Apparently not to you... I find that people who Support or Try to Rationalize Adults having Sex with Children as the National Gay Charter was Demanding when the APA called them "normal" to be Mentally Ill.

peace...

From the APA.

There is nothing supporting your claims what so ever. You can'tname any pathology, you can't prove anything. You went so far as to fabricate a conspiracy theory to explain yourlack ofinfo.

Get me Documetation and Link FROM the APA... You can't.

peace...

So what?

Apparently not to you... I find that people who Support or Try to Rationalize Adults having Sex with Children as the National Gay Charter was Demanding when the APA called them "normal" to be Mentally Ill.
Homosexuality isn't the same thing as pedophilia. What happened 40 years ago doesn't really have any bearing on this conversion. There will always bepeople that try to rationalize pedophilia, but those groups are completely desperate from the homosexuals now.

You keep insisting homosexuals are mentally I'll buy fail to pointout any pathology.

From the APA.

I posted a link with the documentation. FROM the APA. I did.

So what?

Homosexuality isn't the same thing as pedophilia. What happened 40 years ago doesn't really have any bearing on this conversion. There will always bepeople that try to rationalize pedophilia, but those groups are completely desperate from the homosexuals now.

You keep insisting homosexuals are mentally I'll buy fail to pointout any pathology.

40 years?... Then you must've missed when the Leading Gay Rights Organization on Earth, the ILGA was outed for it's Ties to NAMBLA at the World Conference on Disease and Population in 1994.

They didn't sever ties with the Pedophiles Willingly, they did it because the entire Movement was Threatened by their Alliance with the Boy Bottom Touchers.

And the U of M Press Article about Liberal Psychologists and Tenured Professors being Sympathetic to and Avocating for Adult/Child Sex is from 2002.

The same Arguments being made there came from the Perverts who Infultrated the APA in the 60's and 70's.

It's coming... And when it does, just like Sex Ed for 9 to 11 year old kids including Deviant Sex that I Predicted 4 years ago on this site, the same people will be Rationalizing it when it happens.

Hell, there are Perverts here who have Rationalized two Sick Fucks who started grooming their 5 month old boy to be transgendered... @ 5 months. By 18 months that had conlcuded he was a she.

And the same sick twisted fucking stains on Humanity are here on this Site Rationalizing it.

Nothing suprises me... I just won't sit silent as we Devolve. :thup:

peace...

I posted a link with the documentation. FROM the APA. I did.

Post a Link directly to the Documentation from the APA's site. The UC Davis link to the APA is non fuctional which I have illustrated VERY clearly on this Thread.

This will be my last Serious post directed to you if you Persist with this Dishonesty.

After that, you go to Howeyland. :thup:

@ Mal
I will make this simple for you. In order for something to be a disease or an illness or a disorder there has to be a pathology. Like lets say the flu. There is a pathology you may have a fever, body acha and so forth. For mental disorders it's the same. If your are bipolar you have mood swings.

So what is the pathology with homosexuality? What harm is it causing the people it afflicts?

Forum List

Back