the greatest determinant of whether a US child is poor or rich is whether the parents are poor/rich

Dah, you two make me laugh, nothing like professing the obvious. What is your solution? and why is it Un-American?

Please enlighten me on your version of our natural self-story, this I got to here.

Dah, you two make me laugh, nothing like professing the obvious. What is your solution? and why is it Un-American?

Please enlighten me on your version of our natural self-story, this I got to here.
Horatio Alger, I'm sure. Many conservatives still believe in it. Just read any thread on welfare benefits.

Horatio Alger, I'm sure. Many conservatives still believe in it. Just read any thread on welfare benefits.

Why not it works in my family, my father grew up in the ghettos of NYC without a father of his own, older brother shot dead in the street when he was 10. Turned himself into a electrical engineer, married, raised 4 kids, retired well, 3 of his 4 college educated right from high school. I'm the one without a college degree, but make a hell of a money than my dad ever did. My kids are all college educated and my youngest son just might turn into a multi-millionaire prior to age 40 at the rate he is going.

by the standards of our natural self-story, that is profoundly unAmerican!
Climb a Ladder of Thorns

And a "self-made man" is someone who hits a weak ground ball, gets on third base because of two throwing errors, and thinks he hit a triple. It is a logical but forbidden conclusion from the fact that those who inherit their loot are powerful enough to determine what kind of useless GreedHead zombie can rise above the class he was born in.

Forum List

Back